PDA

View Full Version : what languages does lara speak?

robm_2007
24-02-08, 16:58
in her in game bio, it says she is fluent in a dozen languages. besides english of course.

Angel_14
24-02-08, 17:22
She surely speaks French, Japanese, Russian, Latin German and most probably Arabic (sp?) and Spanish too.

These are my guesses, we don't really know.

MiCkiZ88
24-02-08, 17:24
And she can read hieroglyphs and other ancient texts. Though I loved that comment in AoD about her not being able to translate the cravings on the stone. :p

Ward Dragon
24-02-08, 17:26
All of them? Seriously, she was able to read an incomprehensible Atlantean mish-mash of a bunch of different symbols from different languages which couldn't possibly have formed one cohesive text :p

Cochrane
24-02-08, 17:43
Legend and Chronicles give russian as definite. Japanese is implied, but not 100% guaranteed (Mr "Now it is time to die" could have spoken english as a courtesy to her). Given that she works in the history business, I'd assume ancient Greek, Latin and old Egyptian are also in the list. In Angel of Darkness it seems that she can speak fluent french (I don't think Janine, for example, knows good english). In TR2 she overhears some italian mobsters, I don't think they were speaking english for the benefit of spies like her. From TR4, I'd say arabic is a safe bet. Further, I'd guess spanish and modern greek, to better communicate with locals when she is doing a dig somewhere.

As a more general rule, I guess Lara speaks whatever the story requires her to speak, but mainly focused on languages that brits and americans see as weird, so Lara looks more leet when she suddenly shows that she knows them.

TrKing_Rulz
24-02-08, 17:47
Russian, French, German, Olmec, Heiroglyphs, Japanese, Latin and other Mesoamerican languages are my guesses. :)

Zebra
24-02-08, 17:47
She can also speak Incan as she translated the cavings in the tomb in Peru (TRL).

TrKing_Rulz
24-02-08, 17:51
They didn't have to be Incan, but that's what I thought they were. :) They could have been an other mesoameric language...?

Anubis_AF
24-02-08, 18:00
Moved to General Chat.

kimonap
24-02-08, 18:01
She can speak many languages..thats for sure lol:jmp:

AmericanAssassin
24-02-08, 18:03
I'm not sure... That scene in Legend where those two guys are speaking in a foreign language and Lara can understand them the whole time is hilarious! :vlol:

thecentaur
24-02-08, 18:03
don't forget, she can speak, rather read, cambodian, hence the TR4 race for the iris

Nannonxyay
24-02-08, 18:35
She speaks a truck load of languages.

digitizedboy
24-02-08, 19:04
Being British though, I bet she don't speak Welsh. lol

Rexie
24-02-08, 19:07
I-Will-Shut-You-In-The-Freezer Language that's for sure.

krycekuva
25-02-08, 08:34
latin: TRC, TRAOD
ancient greek: TR1, TRA
russian: TRC, TRL
italian: TRC, TR2
indonesian dialects: TR3
japanese: TRL,
tibetan: TR2... thou the tibetan monk could also speak english...
ancient eagyptian: TR1, TRA, TR4, TR4 G
arab: TR4
atlantean "reads": TR1, TRA
cambodgia languages: TR4
ghana tribal dialects: TRL
mesoamerican dialects: TR1, TRA, TRL

and probably english...:D

Kalado
25-02-08, 09:07
when does she find the time to learn all these languages??! :eek:

TrKing_Rulz
25-02-08, 09:31
latin: TRC, TRAOD
ancient greek: TR1, TRA
russian: TRC, TRL
italian: TRC, TR2
indonesian dialects: TR3
japanese: TRL,
tibetan: TR2... thou the tibetan monk could also speak english...
ancient eagyptian: TR1, TRA, TR4, TR4 G
arab: TR4
atlantean: TR1, TRA
cambodgia languages: TR4
ghana tribal dialects: TRL
mesoamerican dialects: TR1, TRA, TRL

and probably english...:D

I don't think she needs to know Indonesin dialect, becuase everyone spoke english. ;)

Vertigo
25-02-08, 10:26
She doesn`t speak Atlantean! No one knows how it sounds. She understand what Natla and her brotheys says becoz of Scion power.

And Lara`s Russian suxx

MrBear
25-02-08, 12:32
when does she find the time to learn all these languages??! :eek:

Between not dating? :whi:

krycekuva
25-02-08, 17:15
I don't think she needs to know Indonesin dialect, becuase everyone spoke english. ;)

eh?... i highly doubt the guy from this cutscenes really spoke english,.. the only reason for be in english is for practical reasons,..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aUI1XcXaGbg
min 6:19

She doesn`t speak Atlantean! No one knows how it sounds. She understand what Natla and her brotheys says becoz of Scion power.

oh well... but she read what on the wall was written,.. maybe she wont speak it but at least read it,....

And Lara`s Russian suxx

not defending her,... but i dont know anyone who speak half docen languages and speak them perfectly... nor even johann paul 2, who could speak a few spoke them perfectly,...

Bumio
25-02-08, 17:38
yeah, she speak dozens of languages including alien languages :mis:

Sir Croft
25-02-08, 17:42
oh well... but she read what on the wall was written,.. maybe she wont speak it but at least read it,....

Remeber that Atlantis was the origin of all known civilization, and in the Atlantis levels there was some Greek and Egyptian symbols, so she doesn't exactly speak Atlantean.

krycekuva
25-02-08, 17:49
Remeber that Atlantis was the origin of all known civilization, and in the Atlantis levels there was some Greek and Egyptian symbols, so she doesn't exactly speak Atlantean.

sorry... i already fix it,.. she dont speak... more likely reads atlantean,... :)...

:D...

done

Hardcore Nerd
25-02-08, 18:29
Ancient greek and it means that she can understand and many other languages! :tea:

Lara's Backpack
26-02-08, 09:20
Who cares? Foreign languages are hot! :p

The more the merrier in my opinion. Besides they show a more scholarly side to Lara, instead of the gun slinging, Gymnastic fanatic, archeologist.

MoonSword
26-02-08, 13:02
She speaks all the languages the game is released with. And she speaks with no accent! :D

Cog
26-02-08, 13:12
Her russian is godawful, from what i remember.