PDA

View Full Version : Timers/Timed Doors

Light a Flare
28-03-08, 22:26
:wve:

Can anybody tell me how I can set a timer on a door (i.e. the door only stays open for 10 seconds or something?). Also, can anyone tell me how I can trigger a fire to go off for a certain amount of time aswell.

I appreciate your time and help! :tmb:
LaF

thecentaur
28-03-08, 22:32
ooh, these are fun to set up! :D

normally trigger the door [via switch, etc] and take the special trigger [switch if you're using one] and in the timer box, enter 10. don't forget to hit enter!

i don't know about your second question

Light a Flare
28-03-08, 22:38
ooh, these are fun to set up! :D

normally trigger the door [via switch, etc] and take the special trigger [switch if you're using one] and in the timer box, enter 10. don't forget to hit enter!

i don't know about your second question

Awesome, Thanks! :tmb: Any advances on the second question? :)

gonzaw
29-03-08, 00:51
I don 't know about the second question though...
I would suggest using TREP's race timer with antitrigger (or heavyantitrigger)...
That way you can always make the switch trigger the same moment in the Race Timer, and when it reaches 10 seconds (for instance) it will allways antitrigger it...
I think it would work, never tried it though...

igor32
29-03-08, 02:21
I don 't know about the second question though...
I would suggest using TREP's race timer with antitrigger (or heavyantitrigger)...
That way you can always make the switch trigger the same moment in the Race Timer, and when it reaches 10 seconds (for instance) it will allways antitrigger it...
I think it would work, never tried it though...

I think the timer is more easy :whi:

gonzaw
29-03-08, 02:24
I think the timer is more easy :whi:

But is the timer box of the FLAME EMITTER the same as a normal door?

aktrekker
29-03-08, 07:29
You set the timer of the trigger, not the door.
It might work for the flame emitter, I'm not sure. It won't take long to test it.

Yasin
29-03-08, 08:34
Timer for the flame emitter can be done 2 ways. The flame is activated by a trigger first then antitriggered. In this case enter a value ( 10 seconds ) in the anti trigger.

If you want to do it more easier open the OCB box for the flame emitter and hit all 5 buttons. This will turn the flame emitter ON when your level loads. Now if you want to turn off the flame with a switch; use the same method as with timed door. Choices vary, you can use switches to turn of the flames or simply standing on the trigger.

Flame turned off by switch
Put a switch in your level and trigger it with type SWITCH and inmediatly give it a timer ( example 10seconds ). Now stack the trigger of the flame emitter on the switchtrigger and you are done.

When lara loads the level the flame will already be on. When lara pulls the switch the flame will turn off for 10 seconds.

Standing turned off
Put simply a timed normal trigger ( or padtrigger ).

Light a Flare
29-03-08, 12:38
Timer for the flame emitter can be done 2 ways. The flame is activated by a trigger first then antitriggered. In this case enter a value ( 10 seconds ) in the anti trigger.

If you want to do it more easier open the OCB box for the flame emitter and hit all 5 buttons. This will turn the flame emitter ON when your level loads. Now if you want to turn off the flame with a switch; use the same method as with timed door. Choices vary, you can use switches to turn of the flames or simply standing on the trigger.

Flame turned off by switch
Put a switch in your level and trigger it with type SWITCH and inmediatly give it a timer ( example 10seconds ). Now stack the trigger of the flame emitter on the switchtrigger and you are done.

When lara loads the level the flame will already be on. When lara pulls the switch the flame will turn off for 10 seconds.

Standing turned off
Put simply a timed normal trigger ( or padtrigger ).

Aha! This clicked it! Thanks for the help all of you. :tmb: