PDA

View Full Version : Push Switches

Light a Flare
28-03-08, 22:40
:wve:

I am sure a lot of you use the little grey push switches from TR3. I have seen a bunch of them in loads of levels. I added some to my levels, but the animation is wrong. How can I get it back to the original animation, like in TR3?

I hope you can help! Thanks for your time :tmb:
LaF

God Horus
28-03-08, 22:57
Hiya,

You need to use TREP's switches maker. Go to TREP's custom patches, and check Switches Maker. Jot everything down, and then tick it. Modify your EXE.

dcw123
28-03-08, 22:58
Download a TR3 WAD or if you have tr3 on PC, insert the disc and use Wadmerger to 'load' the .tr2 files.
I can't remember which levels have them in, london has some though.
Simply find the tr3 switch anim and click 'export' (name as number) and 'import' it over the old tr4 one.

Teeth
29-03-08, 00:18
Read the question before you try to answer it. ;)

Correct Answer:
Once you have the switches, which can be obtained in a TR2 or TR3 level or on TRSearch, simply go to the Switch Manager in WADMerger and in the drop down menu for OCB 2 select "Small Push Button" and click "Save". Then click on the switches in Room Editor and press the O key on your keyboard. Type "2" into the number field. ;)

God Horus
29-03-08, 00:20
Wait, I'm a bit confused, are you having the same problem I used to have, where instead of Lara pushing the button she would pull it as though it was a lever? If that is the problem, then yes, do what Teeth said. I misunderstood.

Light a Flare
29-03-08, 12:37
Read the question before you try to answer it. ;)

Correct Answer:
Once you have the switches, which can be obtained in a TR2 or TR3 level or on TRSearch, simply go to the Switch Manager in WADMerger and in the drop down menu for OCB 2 select "Small Push Button" and click "Save". Then click on the switches in Room Editor and press the O key on your keyboard. Type "2" into the number field. ;)

Great answer, thank you! They now work perfectly. :tmb: