PDA

View Full Version : Renaming objects

Lara_Fan
29-03-08, 14:19
Is there a way to rename objects, because i have some objects that are named by PLANT 01; PLANT 02; PLANT 03 etc...Is there a way to rename them, cause i want to put them in a WAD.

ReeceMix
29-03-08, 15:15
You cant rename the plant1 architecture1 rock1 etc , but you can rename the objects in your game using the script and english.txt, there should be a tutorial in the tutorial section

Yasin
29-03-08, 15:39
I think he means how to add your static meshes in the destination slot of your choice. Like he wants certain static objects in the architecture slot; pillars and collumns and real plants in plant slot. For movables you hold down the shift key.

The same thing I was wondering cause when you add something in your WAD ( an static object ) it automatically adds it as Plant first. Only when the plant slots are full they are added as rock.

Lara_Fan
29-03-08, 16:36
Ok, just for the record i'm a girl. And second thanx for explaining Yasin.But when i add some new objects to my wad and then i add them in my room. And when I Activate Tom2pc it crashes when i selects the wad of my level.
Why's that happening? :(

ReeceMix
29-03-08, 17:11
explain more exactly what your doing, what does tomb2pc crashing have to do with the name of the wad items?

You add new objects into your wad with wadmerger?
place the objects in a room, save prj, output to wad?

run tomb 2 pc and it crashes?

(also check that your TOM file isnt set to 'read only' took me ages to realise that problem once)

Lara_Fan
29-03-08, 17:45
It has nothing to do with renaming...
Well i managed to run Tom 2 pc. Thanx anyway, but i have a new problem now. But i'll start from the begining (srry for going off topic, but i don't think it's good to start a new topic). Anyways... ...so i load the tut1 wad in WADMerger and on the right i load the wad with objects which are named PLANT 01.... as in the tut1 wad all slots with PLANT names are "taken", the objects i add are new to the wad and it adds them in new slots.So i save it. Then I add the new objects to the room i've built (in winroom edit) and Output the wad.After running the Tom 2 PC i start the game and in the room i've built and where i've put the new objects, they appear as Lara's butt (srry for the expression). Why can't it show the new objects i've added?

I hope i'm not confusing you too much....

ReeceMix
29-03-08, 19:23
It has nothing to do with renaming...
Well i managed to run Tom 2 pc. Thanx anyway, but i have a new problem now. But i'll start from the begining (srry for going off topic, but i don't think it's good to start a new topic). Anyways... ...so i load the tut1 wad in WADMerger and on the right i load the wad with objects which are named PLANT 01.... as in the tut1 wad all slots with PLANT names are "taken", the objects i add are new to the wad and it adds them in new slots.So i save it. Then I add the new objects to the room i've built (in winroom edit) and Output the wad.After running the Tom 2 PC i start the game and in the room i've built and where i've put the new objects, they appear as Lara's butt (srry for the expression). Why can't it show the new objects i've added?

I hope i'm not confusing you too much....

its sounds like youve placed objects from the wad, but outputted to the wrong tom, for example the Tut1.wad must be outputted to the Tut1.TOM, The laras bunz mesh means its placed an object that isnt in the wad, so it uses her bunz as a replacement

Lara_Fan
29-03-08, 20:35
The problem is that i output the wad to the correct one. Maybe there's an exact list of what objects could be put in a level ( i mean by names e.g. in the wad for tut1 can exist objects with name ARCHITECTURE from 01 to 05. If you put an object named ARCHITECTURE 06 it won't be read and it'll be replaced with Lara's bunz in the level.)
I hope you understood.