PDA

View Full Version : Dean Kopri releases new Tomb Raider inspired music "Across The Sea"

tlr online
31-03-08, 15:06
TOMB RAIDER INSPIRED MUSIC RELEASES
Copyright 2007 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ March 31st 2008 ]

Dean Kopri is the latest musician to showcase his Tomb Raider (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr1/index.html)-inspired music as part of our definitive Tomb Raider Soundtrack (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/soundtrack/index.html) collection. His work, including the brand new 'Across The Seas' composition, is based on the early adventures through Tomb Raider Anniversary (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/index.html) and can be downloaded or streamed live via the below referenced hyperlink.

We would like to extend an invitation to all musicians and song writers who have in some way been influenced by the Tomb Raider soundtrack. Your work can be showcased as part of our growing collection of music from some of today's brightest talents.

Our definitive Tomb Raider Soundtrack collection is a celebration of music from the entire Lara Croft series and features extended play official soundtracks from all franshise titles, composed by some of today's most prolific composers including Troels Folmann, Nathan McCree and LSO.

Moreover, for the first time online, we are pleased to publish the official track names to accompany all music from our collection. Collect the spoils below.

The Music Of Dean Kopri (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/soundtrack/index.html)

Shrantellatessa
31-03-08, 15:10
Thank you Justin, I'll listen to some of it today :)

rowanlim
31-03-08, 15:15
Thank you Justin! :hug:

Only TR lover
31-03-08, 15:29
Thank you Justin, I'll listen to some of it today :)

You should listen last three songs 'cause I've made them most TRish ;)

Rivendell
31-03-08, 16:53
Across the Sea, what a fanastic track :D :tmb:

Only TR lover
31-03-08, 16:59
Big THANK YOU to tlr online :D!!!!

...and to Rivendell for coming up with the title "Across the Sea"... I would say that it fits perfectly! :tmb:

Across the Sea, what a fanastic track :D :tmb:

Thanks :D Do you know any picture of Lara that would fit this music 'cause I plan to upload it to youtube?? :confused:

Alex Fly
31-03-08, 17:13
Cool, I'll listen it. Thanks for sharing, Dean ! :hug: :tmb:

Lafa Cvoft
31-03-08, 17:19
Cool! Sounds pretty :)

Rivendell
31-03-08, 17:19
Do you know any picture of Lara that would fit this music 'cause I plan to upload it to youtube?? :confused:

Something pirate-y perhaps? :D

http://i28.************/20u25vm.jpg

Only TR lover
31-03-08, 17:20
^ Yep! That would do!!!!

Shrantellatessa
31-03-08, 19:21
You should listen last three songs 'cause I've made them most TRish ;)

So Dean Kopri is you! WoW!! Thanks a lot for sharing Dean :hug: I promise to all of them, especially the last 3 songs :tmb:

Drone
31-03-08, 19:23
I definitely need to listen to that :tmb: Thank you

raiderfun
31-03-08, 19:24
YAY, so cool ! Storms of Xibalba was definitely the best music by him ! :tmb:

Looking forward to listening to this one ! :D :jmp:

RAID
31-03-08, 19:25
Nice work. Thanks

Only TR lover
31-03-08, 19:26
So Dean Kopri is you! WoW!! Thanks a lot for sharing Dean :hug: I promise to all of them, especially the last 3 songs :tmb:

Yep. That's me ;)

Legends
31-03-08, 19:27
What a wonderful track. :tmb: You know I love your work Only TR Lover. I still listen to that first version of Anniversary-TR-main-theme you made.

Only TR lover
31-03-08, 19:57
What a wonderful track. :tmb: You know I love your work Only TR Lover. I still listen to that first version of Anniversary-TR-main-theme you made.

Thank you very much, Legends :D

Anniversary Lara
31-03-08, 20:20
Thank you very much for sharing, Dean!

Camera Obscura
31-03-08, 20:44
I'm clicking on the microsite link next to Dean Kopri but it just refreshes the page. Any idea why? :confused:

2kool4u
31-03-08, 21:01
Just click the mp3 ;)
At dean good music, how did you do this?

tlr online
31-03-08, 21:11
Just click the mp3 ;)

Good question. I'd like to know what tools and software Dean is using also.

Camera Obscura
31-03-08, 21:15
Just click the mp3 ;)

I'm so stupid. :o

2kool4u
31-03-08, 21:20
no your not, took me a while to find it too >_>;;

Only TR lover
31-03-08, 21:58
Just click the mp3 ;)

Good question. I'd like to know what tools and software Dean is using also.

Here you can see my so called home studio ;)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=82275&page=1337

Main thing in my composing is piano, actually. When I come up with the idea what I want to do and how I want to accomplish that, I start recording sound by sound with Yamaha Motif ES8 keyboards. All sounds that I use are keyboards' original sounds. For recording I use few programs, but mainly Nuendo and Q base. As for the sound cards, 1st I had Terratec's but now I'm using M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Hmmm... Anything else...? Non of the software are professional. As a student I don't have enough money to buy something better, but I think this is good enough, at least for now.
I forgot to mention that I don't write the notes down... How to explain that? It's all in my head :rolleyes: ??? And most things come out really spontaneously. :)

Twilight
31-03-08, 23:28
its so upbeat and piratey. but i really like near the end when it slows with the piano and twinkling sounds. like the sunshine and calm waters after a thrilling ship ride.

:D really good song

:tmb:

Shrantellatessa
01-04-08, 01:08
Very nice Dean, I loved them all, especially the first one, Beat of the Heart, and I dunno why, but it kinda reminds me of a Silent Hill track (from 2:47 to 3:03 sec) :tmb: And I also loved Storms of Xibalba, it gives the impression of sadness and loneliness under a rainy and stormy weather, it almost made me cry, seriously! As for Tribute to Tomb Raider, its first 15 sec remind of the opening cutscene of Tomb Raider Chronicles! I loved the electric guitar too, and the flute was just WoW, so smooth and romantic. I also liked many aspects of the music, but I can't find the technical words to describe them (I like the "ups and downs", contrast in intensity or something like that, I hope you see what I mean here :p) :tmb: Keep'em comin' please!

Great work, really :tmb:

Biography:
"3rd year student at Art academy - Music pedagogy department": you must be the best student in class; otherwise this world is unfair ; p Good luck with your studies!

Only TR lover
01-04-08, 08:14
Thank you, Shrantellatessa & Twilight! :) :)

Only TR lover
02-04-08, 09:15
Damn, I wanted to upload this song to youtube as a video, but computer at this library is trash so that is kind of impossible ... :( :mad::hea:

BTW Here are some of my so called videos with my music. :)

Storms of Xibalba
_9OHw6GpCFc

Amaranth - Tribute to Nightwish
IXwBqpyUneU

Tomb Raider - My Anniversary theme
39ScPL3fv_Y

Traces on water
1J3rIy-Sij8

Keir_Eidos
02-04-08, 09:32
Awesome. This is getting played in the office today :D

daventry
02-04-08, 10:43
I just listened to "cross The Seas"
What kind of a music is this, its like im listening to one of LucasArts 1980 Monkey Island Organ Music. :confused:

Is that Music gonna be in TRU. :confused:

Domino
02-04-08, 15:36
I love this music, I have it on repeat. Well done on making a fabulous piece, Dean!

glitterpaws
02-04-08, 15:42
Wow, what a wonderful piece! Kinda reminds me of metal gear solid, dunno why though:pi:

Only TR lover
02-04-08, 20:33
Awesome. This is getting played in the office today :D
Cool. :) Thanks Keir! :D

I love this music, I have it on repeat. Well done on making a fabulous piece, Dean!

Wow, what a wonderful piece! Kinda reminds me of metal gear solid, dunno why though:pi:

raiderfun
02-04-08, 21:19
Listened to all of them Dean, you should really release your 1st album sometime soon :D :tmb:

Only TR lover
03-04-08, 08:55
Listened to all of them Dean, you should really release your 1st album sometime soon :D :tmb:
Hmm... Who knows. I have one with my band but.... Maybe... I'm working on something a bit bigger right now and that doesn't match this kind of instrumental music. :rolleyes: