PDA

View Full Version : Two little problems

Seth94
31-03-08, 19:06
Hi everyone,
I have just become a member but i still have made quite a lot of levels which i am progressing further...

But, in one of my levels, Lara runs through a fence. Do i have to put something in the OCB? Or is it to do with what it is, i.e, plant, architecture, etc.

Also, for my arctic levels, when lara runs into a wall a weird machine noise occurs. Does this mean there is a problem with my wad?

Thanks for any replies,

Seth94

ReeceMix
31-03-08, 19:40
For the fence it needs collision adding to it ( i presume its a static) and that can be done with Strpix (just google 'download strpix TRLE', you'll find most programs quickly that way)

Ive no idea about the wall noise

Welcome to the fourm

Yasin
31-03-08, 19:42
First of all is your fence a "Toggle Opacity" feature you created inside the editor or is it just an fence object ( in one of the slots ).

If it is an object and it is in the static slots ( plant, rock etc ) then you should check if it has collision. Use StripX to set collision if there is none. If it is Toggle Opacity feature in room design make sure the Fence is connected with a ceiling/floor somehow else Lara will always run trough it. I had the same in my level before.

2nd problem is your WAD seems messed up with the sounds. I have not much knowledge about this so wait for someone to help out.

Good luck.

edit PS: heh ReeceMix beat me to it XD Ohwell , twice the information twice the power !

Seth94
31-03-08, 19:45
Thank you for your help. I will add collision to my fence, then.

ReeceMix
31-03-08, 19:50
First of all is your fence a "Toggle Opacity" feature you created inside the editor
edit PS: heh ReeceMix beat me to it XD Ohwell , twice the information twice the power !

argh i didnt think of that, but probabally because wafer thin walls and fences are unthinkable ! lol

Yasin
31-03-08, 20:47
I still use opacity as fences often. If you use them well it creates the desired effect. Cause sometimes objects are not the solution to prevent Lara from going somewhere. XD