PDA

View Full Version : The worst day of my life.

_Lam
01-04-08, 00:48
Sorry for my bad english. I'll do my best.

I'm 15 years old. It happenned to me that I tried some drugs (weed, speed, ecstasy) but not every week. Friday, after my Math exam at 12 o'clock, I went smoking some weed with my friends. We made a "hung" (it's a big plastic bottle that you fill of smoke, it make the effect bigger). It was a good one, it was really big. So I took it (it wasn't the first time) and than, I fell on the ground (don't know the word, you know, when you see all black and you fell).
So I came back to me, I was very confused. Everything around me was moving but I was ok. My friends told me I was white. So I wanted to go back at my home, but since I was far from the bus stop, I needed to walk threw the school (I was outside near the school).

Then it started. The worst feeling I've ever feel. It's really hard to explain but I was in an other world. I couldn't control my body. It was like if I was floating in me. I could'nt see really well and all the my memories where... unreal... Like if all my past was a dream.
The most scary thing in this is that it was painfull, not physically... But it was painfull.

So I walked maybe for 2 minutes, and it was like if I walked for 3 hours. Just in front of the school door, I fell on the snow. I couldn't move and talk, but my eyes were open. There was people around me telling me : Hey, are you ok ?
So someone called a security agent, they took me by the arm because I couldn't almost walk and they bring me to the nurse...

It was the worst experience of my life. This feeling, I didn't know you could felt something that bad. It was worst than fear are pain...
For sure I'll stop drugs...

But the question is, why this happened to me ? It wasn't acid or things like that, just some cannabis.... ?

Tidus
01-04-08, 00:56
It could have been the plastic with the weed. I've never smoked weed so I'm not very experienced there. I'm sorry you had to go through that :(

Were you on any medications when you smoked? That might have something to do with it, or you might have had just a bit too much..

And your english is fine :)

Twilight
01-04-08, 00:58
cannibis makes u feel happy/loopy. the rest will really mess u up.
dont do drugs, they're not good; at all.

though weed isnt techniquely a drug...but if u mix it with something else, it'll screw u up.

i suggest if u ever want to use weed, do it at home. where u cant make a mistake, theres ample food, and a place to sleep. its beyond me why its illegal over here.

Neteru
01-04-08, 01:00
But the question is, why this happened to me ? It wasn't acid or things like that, just some cannabis.... ?I sincerely hope you take note of the bad experience. Contrary to your evident belief, it is entirely possible to hallucinate on cannabis. Moreover, cannabis is well known to be a psychoactive drug that can cause serious psychosis.

EDIT: Members are reminded to keep things civil and not respond to inappropriate comments. Thank you.

Capt. Murphy
01-04-08, 01:10
Not a "hung" but a "bong". And you most likely 'Passed Out' or fainted.

I'm proud to say I've never done or have been addicted to any illegal drugs and I hope I never get to the point to where my life seems so hard (or pathetic) that I'd have to turn to this sort of 'escape' from reality. :mad:

To anyone that believes 'weed' isn't a drug... I'd bet you'd also say that alcohol isn't a drug either.

Edit:

I truly hope you are giving up drugs. The more you take - the more you become desensitized to them, then you need to take something that is stronger to get the same "buzz" like you did when you started. Before you know it you have fried (irreversibly damaged) your brain...

There are people in rest homes (where really old people usually go when they can't take care of themselves) that have messed themselves up so bad with drugs. They are so young - yet thrown their lifes away at such a young age. :(

Benguitar
01-04-08, 01:13
^^ Agreed

Twilight
01-04-08, 01:19
To anyone that believes 'weed' isn't a drug... I'd bet you'd also say that alcohol isn't a drug either.

u have your opinion, i have mine. but i never said anything about alcohol. Cannibis has never killed anyone, and its even used in hospitals. just because the government labels it as bad, doesnt mean it is. you cant believe everything higher authority tells you. i find it pretty dumb that cigarettes are legal; it is addictive, and can cause so many ailments to death. yet Cannibis hasnt killed anyone, and even has positive effects; but which one is illegal? cannibis.

Shark_Blade
01-04-08, 01:19
Life is a learning process, and some people learn it the hard way. Glad you choose to stop doing drugs and I hope you will heal off soon. :)

On other note, maybe people put some other stuff into the cannabis. :pi:

Tidus
01-04-08, 01:22
Life is a learning process, and some people learn it the hard way. Glad you choose to stop doing drugs and I hope you will heal off soon. :)

On other note, maybe people put some other stuff into the cannabis. :pi:

That's another possibility.

I'm kind of neutral on Weed...I mean there are a lot of things that are drugs, whether they're bad or not depends on how people use them and in some cases what they do.

rowanlim
01-04-08, 01:25
I just think that it's about time you learnt that drugs don't do much good to you. As to why that happened to you, I'm no medical expert, so I can't comment. But I'm glad that you're taking the right step to save yourself & to improve your life :tmb: :hug:

Tomb-Raider
01-04-08, 01:31
Ah, that's bad. :/ If it was your "friends" that caused this to happen, shame on them. I don't want to sit here and give you a lecture about drugs, so I assume you already know what I was going to say.

Just a reminder: Say nope to dope!

Capt. Murphy
01-04-08, 01:31
u have your opinion, i have mine. but i never said anything about alcohol. Cannibis has never killed anyone, and its even used in hospitals. just because the government labels it as bad, doesnt mean it is. you cant believe everything higher authority tells you. i find it pretty dumb that cigarettes are legal; it is addictive, and can cause so many ailments to death. yet Cannibis hasnt killed anyone, and even has positive effects; but which one is illegal? cannibis.

o_0

Okay. If you smoke, I dunno, 10 Cigarettes in a row.

OR

Let's say you smoke around 10 Joints (of weed) in a row.

Now. Do something that requires your utmost attention. Say... Driving.

What are the chances that you get pulled over and arrested -having smoked the cigarettes?

And what are the chances you'll be so wasted after smoking all those joints you won't even be able to make it to your car?

If I'm incorrect - please (anyone) feel free to set me straight on what would ACTUALLY have happened in either scenario.

--------------

Edit: While I'm here... Today I noticed someone with an avatar of guy rolling a joint. He reminded me of Johnny Depp. I wonder if I could get an avatar of someone huffing glue or spray paint? :cln:

Endow
01-04-08, 01:32
Wow didn't know cannabis could have that effect... Are you sure it was cannabis only? Because I have had plenty of that over the years (well not that many but more than once) and I never had an hallucination or anything like that.

You mentioned speed and ecstasy : you did them too that day?

I haven't tried them myself (nor do I intend to;only cannabis every 6 months or so) but I'm sure they are a lot more dangerous than cannabis.

Tidus
01-04-08, 01:34
I've heard of people running from the police because they thought the sirens were actually dragons chasing them...apparently it can do some pretty potent things.

Neteru
01-04-08, 01:45
Edit: While I'm here... Today I noticed someone with an avatar of guy rolling a joint.

That is your interpretation of the said avatar, likely based upon what you think such a person (as pictured) would be doing. It cannot be seen what the person is doing, and if I thought for one second that such a thing were evident, I would not have uploaded the avatar. So no, you can't have the avatar you propose for yourself.

Wow didn't know cannabis could have that effect... Are you sure it was cannabis only? Because I have had plenty of that over the years (well not that many but more than once) and I never had an hallucination or anything like that.This is the classic kind of response I hear from Cannabis users when they hear of such ill effects. They are often so convinced that it does no harm that they cannot believe the evidence. I repeat: Cannabis can cause serious psychosis.

Twilight
01-04-08, 01:46
o_0

OR

What are the chances that you get pulled over and arrested -having smoked the cigarettes?

And what are the chances you'll be so wasted after smoking all those joints you won't even be able to make it to your car?

If I'm incorrect - please (anyone) feel free to set me straight on what would ACTUALLY have happened in either scenario.

--------------

Edit: While I'm here... Today I noticed someone with an avatar of guy rolling a joint. He reminded me of Johnny Depp. I wonder if I could get an avatar of someone huffing glue or spray paint? :cln:

dude, if u smoke 10 of anything. u'll be messed up. too much of anything is bad. but in minimum cannibis doesnt have the negative effects of cigarettes in minimum.

and all that nicotine in ur system isnt a good thing. 1 drop of pure nicotine can kill an adult.

Tomb-Raider
01-04-08, 01:57
o_0

OR

--------------

You are so wrong? :confused:
Tell me, do you know that ciguarettes kill more than murder, car accidents, fires, much more, put together? Do you know that ciguarettes kill 40,000 non-smokers a year? Don't say they shouldn't be illegal, when they really should be. I'm not into drugs, nor do I support the use of it (medical purposes only), even if smoking is not a crime, why do you say the drug would be harmful, more?

Endow
01-04-08, 02:04
This is the classic kind of response I hear from Cannabis users when they hear of such ill effects. They are often so convinced that it does no harm that they cannot believe the evidence. I repeat: Cannabis can cause serious psychosis.

It's pretty simple. I've known a lot of people who smoke cannabis and none of them have experienced psychosis. Alcohol can also cause psychosis. Alot of substances can cause psychosis. It doesn't mean the risk is high. There are other variables like the user and the quantity.

I'm not defending cannabis or anything, I just never known or heard of someone experiencing psychosis by consuming cannabis. Of course the meaning behind the word "psychosis" can be broad and in that sense I have seen lots of episodes that I would compare to the kind of things you see when a person is drunk. Other than that...

Tomb-Raider
01-04-08, 02:12
It's pretty simple. I've known a lot of people who smoke cannabis and none of them have experienced psychosis. Alcohol can also cause psychosis. Alot of substances can cause psychosis. It doesn't mean the risk is high. There are other variables like the user and the quantity.

I'm not defending cannabis or anything, I just never known or heard of someone experiencing psychosis by consuming cannabis. Of course the meaning behind the word "psychosis" can be broad and in that sense I have seen lots of episodes that I would compare to the kind of things you see when a person is drunk. Other than that...

Just because you never met a person that experienced psychosis from this drug does not, in any way in the universe, mean that it is not possible to get it?

EDIT: And why, in the firs place do you know so "many" people thats taken this drug? :confused:

Capt. Murphy
01-04-08, 02:12
Tell me, do you know that ciguarettes kill more than murder, car accidents, fires, much more, put together?
I wouldn't doubt that. And here's the thing... Cigarrettes ARE Legal. Meaning more people can get their hands on them anytime they want. If Pot were Legal - we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion because the common knowledge of how dangerous it is would be without dispute.

LaraLuvrrr
01-04-08, 02:15
It was probably laced with something. You have to know where you get your weed from cuz dealers can mix it with all kinds of stuff. Like ectasy or meth. It sounds like your was probably laced with ectasy or some drug that alters sensory perception. If you're gonna try weed know that its coming right off the plant or dont use it! It can also have roach killer or paint varnish ive seen all kinds of **** mixed in weed.

Endow
01-04-08, 02:17
Just because you never met a person that experienced psychosis from this drug does not, in any way in the universe, mean that it is not possible to get it?

EDIT: And why, in the firs place do you know so "many" people thats taken this drug? :confused:

I did not say it was impossible to get it. I said quite the opposite, in fact. As for why I know so many people who have taken this drug in the first place :

1 - I don't know what you mean by asking that
2 - Lots of people, specially youngsters, have taken it so that's why I know so many people who have taken it.

Tomb-Raider
01-04-08, 02:17
I wouldn't doubt that. And here's the thing... Cigarrettes ARE Legal. Meaning more people can get their hands on them anytime they want. If Pot were Legal - we probably wouldn't even be having this discussion because the common knowledge of how dangerous it is would be without dispute.

Well don't we already know? :confused:

Melonie Tomb Raider
01-04-08, 02:18
My day sucked too... but nothing to do with drugs.

Sorry to hear that. At least you've learned a lesson from it though.

digitizedboy
01-04-08, 02:23
Can I tell you something? Do you need to smoke weed to feel happy or sad? I've been in that situation recently, where I feel I have no choice because something awful has happened to me lately. (a relative has died). I thnk, stop dwelling on your problem, and in the morning get up and say to yourselfl It will be ok mate. Don't worry.

Twilight
01-04-08, 02:26
^ true, focusing on a problem, or anything, will only make it bigger.

at least now u know not to do that, and mix those things. what u decide to do with cannibis is your own choice in later life. but for relaxation you could simply meditate.

Capt. Murphy
01-04-08, 02:33
That is your interpretation of the said avatar, likely based upon what you think such a person (as pictured) would be doing. It cannot be seen what the person is doing, and if I thought for one second that such a thing were evident, I would not have uploaded the avatar.

If you know who I'm talking about... yes. One could imagine that. :D It looks to me like - on the table there is a piece of paper with some stuff on it. It's hard to say what the guy is doing with his hands... Maybe he's rolling a joint.. Or maybe he's twisting open an oreo cookie...

Because he has the munchies from smoking weed! :mis:

:vlol:

Sorry. :o
So no, you can't have the avatar you propose for yourself.

:vlol:

Well don't we already know? :confused:

I'd hope most of us do. :) Judging from your other posts in this topic - I'll just assume we agree with each other. Pot is a bad thing. So are cigarettes. But because of the mind altering properties of marijuana - it is the greater evil of the 2. Take away ^that and you just have a cigarette.

Neteru
01-04-08, 02:44
It was probably laced with something.

This is the other common response I hear.

blah, blah, blah munchies blah, blah, blah

LOL

(Sorry, I love that word. It just made me laugh in the middle of all the seriousness.)

But because of the mind altering properties of marijuana - it is the greater evil of the 2. Take away ^that and you just have a cigarette.Mind altering - oka psychoactive. Cigarettes are - nicotine is psychoactive too.

myrmaad
01-04-08, 08:35
drugs are bad.. mmkay.

fBurUNN62mw

domina
01-04-08, 08:45
My only drug of choice is vodka so I can't speak from a firsthand experience about weed, but my younger brother used to smoke weed until he had a similar reaction; it really messed him up. I know he did hallucinate from just weed alone, and afterwards, he felt... just bad, really. Very anxious, paranoid, uneasy. He was having panic attacks for a week following.

So yes, from what I understand, it's entirely possible to "trip" on weed; it doesn't need to be laced with anything (although as Neteru pointed out, I, like many others, thought that was the case at first).

Drone
01-04-08, 08:47
everyone has own drugs, adrenalin is mine

Beanz
01-04-08, 09:30
Not to lecture here, but drugs are bad... Why on Earth were you taking them? I hope you learned from the experience, I know a few people that took drugs and they live in a council flat and have no money. :(

Nenya awakens
01-04-08, 10:00
Ok, Regarding drugs..
I grew up with a mum addicted to heroine, I've seen how someone can become addicted and how it can take over and destroy their life. physicaly and mentaly. I always told myself when i was a child i would never touch any kind of drug

BUT

The last 4 years i've been doing drugs recreationaly. (weed, Ecstasy, Coke, speed) and i have never had a dangerous experience,
If you no what your doing, and you are sure of the amounts you are taking, (especially with E) you will be fine
Misuse of drugs comes from a lack of education, if you dont no how much to take then theirs a possibility your going to to overdose. It's down to the user to no their limits.
Of course i would never give anyone drugs, and i would never tell someone drugs are perfecty safe, What I'm saying is in MY experience with the drugs that I have taken I have been fine because i no what my body and my mind can take,. drugs are not for kids. and neither is alcohol or cigarettes

myrmaad
01-04-08, 10:14
Repeat after me, "drugs are bad, mmkay".

beware

clandestine tapestry, my tale untold
of falling, falling deep into a pit
my frittered youth to demons bought and sold
feeling like a worthless piece of sh-t
the story is a sad one isn't it?
the sordid past, a future dark as coal
a trap, a blade, a wrist, a knife to slit
a rock, a hit. no hope to make me whole
too late the death bells rang the costly toll.
cold casket 'neath the writing on the wall
confess the sins, absolve the tortured soul
maybe yet a chance to break the fall

beware seductive devil of despair
no guaranteed escape for those who dare.
written by and copyright to AKA Myrmaad

Nannonxyay
01-04-08, 10:59
It sounds like Depersonalization. It's the feeling of being outside your body. Most people get it after taking drugs, as you did. I get it, but I never took drugs, mine just happens: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

Depersonalization is an 'alteration' in the perception or experience of the self so that one feels 'detached' from, and as if one is an 'outside' observer of, one's mental processes or body.[1] It can be considered desirable, such as in the use of recreational drugs, but it usually refers to the severe form found in anxiety and, in the most intense case, panic attacks. A sufferer feels that he or she has changed and the world has become less real, vague, dreamlike, or lacking in significance. It can sometimes be a rather disturbing experience, since many feel that indeed, they are living in a "dream."

I made a thread about it not long ago: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=122458&highlight=Depersonalization

:wve: I hope you learnt your lesson. Drugs are just a useless thing, It's disgusting IMO.

Legend of Lara
01-04-08, 11:36
The only drugs I've developed an addiction for are RPG games. :p
I've been hearing "DRUGZ ARE BAD" for about 10 years now and I think I know to take a hint. ;) Say nope to dope, kids.

clairelovestlc
01-04-08, 11:41
Ok, Regarding drugs..
I grew up with a mum addicted to heroine, I've seen how someone can become addicted and how it can take over and destroy their life. physicaly and mentaly. I always told myself when i was a child i would never touch any kind of drug

BUT

The last 4 years i've been doing drugs recreationaly. (weed, Ecstasy, Coke, speed) and i have never had a dangerous experience,
If you no what your doing, and you are sure of the amounts you are taking, (especially with E) you will be fine
Misuse of drugs comes from a lack of education, if you dont no how much to take then theirs a possibility your going to to overdose. It's down to the user to no their limits.
Of course i would never give anyone drugs, and i would never tell someone drugs are perfecty safe, What I'm saying is in MY experience with the drugs that I have taken I have been fine because i no what my body and my mind can take,. drugs are not for kids. and neither is alcohol or cigarettes

Correct me if im wrong but isnt it often to tell the quality/ strength/ purity of the substance and pretty much impossible for joe public to tell what its been cut with?

Maybe you have just been lucky?

Nenya awakens
01-04-08, 13:51
Correct me if im wrong but isnt it often to tell the quality/ strength/ purity of the substance and pretty much impossible for joe public to tell what its been cut with?

Maybe you have just been lucky?

Yea your right, and if your an experienced drug user and you no what you are doing, then you what to look out for, and most of the time you can tell if they have been cut/mixed.

CerebralAssassin
01-04-08, 14:16
So I walked maybe for 2 minutes, and it was like if I walked for 3 hours.

lol...that's what it pretty much does to you:p say no to drugs:)

Archetype
01-04-08, 15:13
Had quite a bad reaction when i tried it, Nasuea, fatigue.. managed to walk home.. crashed out on my bed. Woke up 3 hours later feeling fine.

Chocolate
01-04-08, 15:32
I'm just glad that you have found the determination to quit drugs and move on with your life. Consider yourself lucky that you are still alive.

mizuno_suisei
01-04-08, 15:36
I've heard of people running from the police because they thought the sirens were actually dragons chasing them...apparently it can do some pretty potent things.

That kinda reminds me of my mum wearing 3d (blue/red) glasses in the car while Stoned imagining the cops were chasing after her, actually only being lights of other cars. Oh the good..bad times.

On another note, my Mum got out of Rehab today, clean of Dope, good mummy :)

So Yeah, Cannabis may not be a drug, but it still has a negative effect on your body. So don't be pressured to do it again :) You're better than that! :hug:

Soma Holiday
01-04-08, 15:46
i suggest if u ever want to use weed, do it at home. where u cant make a mistake, theres ample food, and a place to sleep. its beyond me why its illegal over here.

I agree. I'd never done anything like that till about a week ago. I always said that I would try it at least once. I didn't feel anything the first time, so I decided to try it again. (not that I'm encouraging anyone). I had alchohol aswell and I was fine, though if you've been doing it for a while maybe you had an overload. I've seen in movies where people will have that reaction when PCP is involved. I'm sure you'd known, but maybe something else was mixed in...

I have to say though, that the feeling I got was no worse than the feeling I get with alchohol, it was actually better. I felt bad because i had a few shots, then after I tried the other stuff, I felt great. I don't really understand why it is illegal. I know people won't understand, but it would be different if alchohol was illegal. I think in moderation, cannabis is fine. Once the government can find a way to distribute it and profit, I'm sure it'll be legalized. ;)

Minty Mouth
01-04-08, 15:46
Okay theres a lesson Here.

Dont smoke drugs :pi:

_Lam
01-04-08, 20:48
It sounds like Depersonalization. It's the feeling of being outside your body. Most people get it after taking drugs, as you did. I get it, but I never took drugs, mine just happens: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

I made a thread about it not long ago: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=122458&highlight=Depersonalization

:wve: I hope you learnt your lesson. Drugs are just a useless thing, It's disgusting IMO.

OMG ! Thanks you so much, this is exactly what happened. I feel so much better to know that now.
Also, some people asked me why I started drug, well it was to try new feeling, sensation and experience. I never said it was good, it was a choice I made, but we learn from our mistake.

And no I didn't mix the word "hung" with "bung". In French it's called hung, like the 2 we got in our body, it's different from the bung.

Wow didn't know cannabis could have that effect... Are you sure it was cannabis only? Because I have had plenty of that over the years (well not that many but more than once) and I never had an hallucination or anything like that.

You mentioned speed and ecstasy : you did them too that day?

I haven't tried them myself (nor do I intend to;only cannabis every 6 months or so) but I'm sure they are a lot more dangerous than cannabis.

Yeah I didn't know that either. People told me : drug is bad. I know, but I just wanted to know why it did that do me because in 1 year of smoking I've never heard anything like that. Anyway.

Twilight
01-04-08, 23:52
I agree. I'd never done anything like that till about a week ago. I always said that I would try it at least once. I didn't feel anything the first time, so I decided to try it again. (not that I'm encouraging anyone). I had alchohol aswell and I was fine, though if you've been doing it for a while maybe you had an overload. I've seen in movies where people will have that reaction when PCP is involved. I'm sure you'd known, but maybe something else was mixed in...

I have to say though, that the feeling I got was no worse than the feeling I get with alchohol, it was actually better. I felt bad because i had a few shots, then after I tried the other stuff, I felt great. I don't really understand why it is illegal. I know people won't understand, but it would be different if alchohol was illegal. I think in moderation, cannabis is fine. Once the government can find a way to distribute it and profit, I'm sure it'll be legalized. ;)

haha, true. thats the only reason why cigarettes are still legal. they're making too much $$$ from it.

rickybazire
10-06-08, 06:33
As with the Salvia drugs thread, there's just no point in doing it. People get addicted and start to try other more illegal drugs.