PDA

View Full Version : There will be a new Wadmerger today!

Larson_1988
01-04-08, 10:46
I just noticed on trsearch! :yah:

Spikey
01-04-08, 11:45
It's also April 1st. :rolleyes:

Still, on the slight chance it's real, it would be nice. :p

WhiteTiger
01-04-08, 11:53
It's also April 1st. :rolleyes:

Still, on the slight chance it's real, it would be nice. :p

Ha ha:P

There is new one, but just not released yet cause it's not final version, few things to fix/change, I think. I like changes in anim editor:)

matrix54
01-04-08, 12:02
hopefully its easier to use...

stranger1992
01-04-08, 14:38
lol who has it..me mwahahah. The anim edit is much easier and bugs have been fixed.

Thanks Michiel/TRWAD :D

Larson_1988
01-04-08, 14:39
Ha ha:P

There is new one, but just not released yet cause it's not final version, few things to fix/change, I think. I like changes in anim editor:)

lol who has it..me mwahahah. The anim edit is much easier and bugs have been fixed.

Thanks Michiel/TRWAD :D

So there really is a new one? :D :hug:

WhiteTiger
01-04-08, 14:42
Yes... though, I didn't ask him when he'll release it...

Larson_1988
01-04-08, 14:42
Nice, :D

God Horus
01-04-08, 19:18
Cool, can't wait! (I hope the runtime error will stop now, everytime I try to add an EXTRA item)

igor32
01-04-08, 20:05
Cool, can't wait! [2]

badboy70
01-04-08, 20:11

Thanks Michiel/TRWAD :DCare to share it with m... I mean us ? :whi:

Xico15
01-04-08, 21:22
go to trsearch it is for download now:D (but itīs beta yet)

God Horus
01-04-08, 21:46
I love the guys that made this! The extra static works great now, which means I can add more items in my game! YEAH!!!!! :jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

WhiteTiger
01-04-08, 22:50
I love the guys that made this! The extra static works great now, which means I can add more items in my game! YEAH!!!!! :jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp:

There's only one guy we should thank to - Michiel a.k.a. TRWad.

God Horus
01-04-08, 22:51
Thanks Michiel! My wad is overflowing with items now! And the anim edit is easier to use, because last time the anim would go out of control sometimes, but I find it easier to make simple movements now.

Michiel
01-04-08, 23:27
For people who didn't find it yet, here is the link: http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/22/

There are still some things unfinished, but since that will proberly will still be that way after a year, I released it anyway. You might notice a convert to v130 button. That button is used to convert your wad to the new version used by NGLE. However I'm not sure if the latest released NGLE version already supports 130 versions, as I only tested it on the NGLE beta version and didn't keep track on the developement to see if it's released already. Only convert your wad if you really need to and have an NGLE version that supports v130 wads, as there is no way to convert it back.

thecentaur
01-04-08, 23:36
:hug: luv ya/thanksers/great job/awesome! :D

ReeceMix
02-04-08, 00:12
There are still some things unfinished, but since that will proberly will still be that way after a year, .
Im not sure what you mean by this?

As I told ensi about trep, people will constantly keep asking for more and more but dont let that discourage you. Are you interested in people reporting bugs and asking for regular updates and will you make wadmerger open source should someone else want to carry it on? Its clear you dont seem completely commited to its development (I dont mean offence by that its just plain to see), I think it still has alot of potential.

Also in the new NGLE the video by pisko says something about new animations , is it showing new 'star' tree meshes? like for example fingers on laras hands ( not that we can add new meshes to lara yet, its just an example of how meshes could 'star' outward from another single mesh)

New Editors New EXE's new wad's/file systems, we just need new programmers

laralives
02-04-08, 01:00
Im not sure what you mean by this?

As I told ensi about trep, people will constantly keep asking for more and more but dont let that discourage you. Are you interested in people reporting bugs and asking for regular updates and will you make wadmerger open source should someone else want to carry it on? Its clear you dont seem completely commited to its development (I dont mean offence by that its just plain to see), I think it still has alot of potential.

Also in the new NGLE the video by pisko says something about new animations , is it showing new 'star' tree meshes? like for example fingers on laras hands ( not that we can add new meshes to lara yet, its just an example of how meshes could 'star' outward from another single mesh)

New Editors New EXE's new wad's/file systems, we just need new programmers

I agree with you in some parts...like, we need NEW programmers BUT I don't think we should get rid of the ones that started it, they are the most familiar with the program so maybe they can help, it will take some load off their back if Michiel had someone's help. I don't think it's nice to say he has to go, because I know he still has it in him, he just needs to be inspired to finish it, and improve it, that's all. But if all we do is complain, complain that this doesn't work and that doesn't work...He probably feels/is overwhelmed, we should just give him time, after all Level Editing is a more of a hobby than a job. ;) We should be happy for what he gives us, it's not like we're paying him.

:wve:

tombraiderxii
02-04-08, 03:07
i just gave it a try and it is by far a lot easier to make custom anims now:D

ukraider
03-04-08, 10:02
This has got to be the worst version yet!!! :hea:

I've installed it and the VB6 runtimes onto two machines and all it does on both of them is spit the dummy out and give runtime 9 error messages. It's about timeTRwad might actually released a bug free version or let someone who does know how to program to take over the job of creating new versions of the program.

ggctuk
03-04-08, 10:40
Calm down! I think you should retire, ukraider, the stress must be making your life shorter. With an attitude like that I'm sure Michiel thinks 'Why do I even bother?'

The only problems I found were that you cannot remove TR1/2/3/5 sounds (yet), and the AI Editor crashes the thing, but I didn't overwrite the last version of WADMerger.

Larson_1988
03-04-08, 11:14
Michiel, i totally disagree with ukraider. I find the new wadmerger much easier and userfriendly. :) :tmb:

Michiel
03-04-08, 12:35
If you can't report bugs in a normal way, which it seems you can't, I indeed will not even take my time to read them. Report bugs in a normal, grown up way, and I will place them on the todo list. But since you don't report bugs in a normal way, and post lies about me on your site, I won't waste my time on you.

Piega
03-04-08, 13:01
Wadmerger rules. Simple. What to do without it! I have not tested the new animation editor yet. I hope the rotating meshes bug is gone. When you rotate a mesh other meshes seem to rotate with them one degree.

Other then that I made all my animations with wadmerger and there are a lot! Ofcourse it crashes but most of the time it is something that is a wrong action. It simply only needs an error message.

Other then that I cannot live without it. Wadmerger seems also standard now. With TREP and such the attention go's to that but without wadmerger we even dont have a thing to begin with.

Dont talk about TRwest, it's history...

WhiteTiger
03-04-08, 13:10
Wadmerger rules.

Exactly! Wadmerger IS THE tomb raider level editor! Without it, trle world would die long time ago.

ReeceMix
03-04-08, 13:36
I hope the rotating meshes bug is gone. When you rotate a mesh other meshes seem to rotate with them one degree.

Its much better, but if you animate an an angle it still will jump from blue to green or red etc, but it will at least only move up and right , not diagonally as it would in the previous version

it would be cool if the picking was done like this
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1121/takeyourpickez2.jpg
You have to hold down and drag and it shows the angle you drag to.

As for reporting bugs 'properly' I dont get it, I dont see why we cant have a post dedicated to wadmerger to discuss it , like the TREP & NGLE Threads, People in the past have tried that here and it has gone ignored. I myself even posted on TRLE Search Forum to have that ignored also.

Michael seems very selective in what posts to respond to, and most of the time only responds to the negative posts by people who get frustrated and some of the time it is justified , ive spent hours at a time only for wadmerger to crash and give me that error 9 message
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/2594/errorlp8.jpg
Now I know that the error 9 message is related to the way wadmeger handles memory, so its better to change the undo buffer to 0.
When I was animating the planet to simply rotate it crashed MANY times, due to the high poly, many textures and 1000 frames split into 4 animations , its understandable , BUT as TRLE gets more advanced like this, it would be nice if programs keep up with me lol

At the end of the day , wadmerger has been a fantastic tool for TRLE and there isnt much else to use. One update I have long wished for is 2 animating objects in one window, Now Ive decided to follow gekos example and use 3dsmax and trviewer, but im not happy about it lol.

There are tons of additions that could be added to Wadmerger but if the program author doesnt enjoy designing it anymore it seems pointless to even ask, Ensi churned out many TREP patches in a short space of time because he was enjoying it, now he failed his exams, it seems hes nowhere to be seen.

If I had the money I'd be on the phone to Programmers'R'us , arnt there any rich TRLErs out there ?? lol

Michiel
03-04-08, 13:47
I simply state that you don't allow sites to host your program.

You post that in a very childish way, and it isn't even true what you say. The problem was that some people were reporting bugs that were already fixed. It turned out they downloaded wadmerger from another site, which was hosting an ancient version or a modified zip file that causes the settings dialog not to show at startup. It turned out lost of people were hosting wadmerger without me knowing it and they were not keeping the site up to date. So that is why I decided that people should ask permission to host it. It's not that nobody is allowed to host it, but I want to know who is hosting a copy and don't want to many sites hosting it, so it's easy for me to keep track of it and avoid that people have trouble with already fixed bugs because they think they have the latest version.

Spikey
03-04-08, 14:22
The new version works fine on my PC, apart from (as mentioned) the AI Editor. :) Though I never really use that anyway. :p

Thanks Michiel. :wve:

stranger1992
03-04-08, 14:43
What has happened Bedazzled?????

Piega
03-04-08, 14:46
Ensi churned out many TREP patches in a short space of time because he was enjoying it, now he failed his exams, it seems hes nowhere to be seen.

Ensi succeeded in his exams in a second try so he's finished! He is busy with something else now and maybe in the future he will make TREP compatible with the new engine. As the new engine is still in developement I dont think it will happen soon.

The positive news about wadmerger sounds good. I will discouver it this weekend :) I really like topics like these and as pointed out it deserves a sticky. Also Michiel must give more attention about a new version. At TRseach you dont read anything about it.

As for people who only can yell that it is no good please ignore and they will go away. You cannot win from idiots. But ignore and you get to keep the cup of politeness.

ukraider
03-04-08, 15:02
The problem was that some people were reporting bugs that were already fixed. It turned out they downloaded wadmerger from another site, which was hosting an ancient version or a modified zip file that causes the settings dialog not to show at startup. It turned out lost of people were hosting wadmerger without me knowing it and they were not keeping the site up to date. So that is why I decided that people should ask permission to host it. It's not that nobody is allowed to host it, but I want to know who is hosting a copy and don't want to many sites hosting it, so it's easy for me to keep track of it and avoid that people have trouble with already fixed bugs because they think they have the latest version.

OK I stand corrected on that.

dizzydoil
03-04-08, 15:38
OMG!
It works a beauty on Vista, nice work!! :D

thecentaur
03-04-08, 20:26
c'mon guys, no more fighting. just be glad that there is a new version that's out. and also be aware that this is a beta version. i personally am content with the newest beta version of wadmerger :tmb:

Neteru
03-04-08, 20:28
Posts deleted. Post in a reasonable manner please.

TrKing_Rulz
04-04-08, 10:17
Once again - time and time I explain how to avoid the runtime error messages - make sure you don't add too many animations to your WAD. Also, when animating, mae sure you sift through the frames and return to 0 frame before you past, copy, cut, add, invert or anything. The chances are that WADMerger will still think it is still on the previous animation, on a different frame. :)

snork
05-04-08, 11:46
Now I know that the error 9 message is related to the way wadmeger handles memory, so its better to change the undo buffer to 0.

Thanks for that hint. :tmb:
I sometimes get it with e.g AI editor running and then switching over to a different application (e.g. Browser, reading documentation :D ) and only much later coming back to WADMerger.
Maybe WADMergers memoryusage got all swapped-to-harddisk then and the program can't find it / not fast enough ? :confused:

Michiel
12-04-08, 15:16
A small update has been released. Please download (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/22/) WADMerger again if you have already downloaded it before. There was a bug left that made it impossible to create new wads that wasn't found during testing. Luckly somebody reported the problem in a way I could reproduce it and it's now fixed.

ReeceMix
12-04-08, 15:19
Michiel how would you like people to report bugs to you?

Christi
12-04-08, 15:20
whew! My object wads were getting a bit huge, but thank the gods/goddesses that made this:hug:

Piega
12-04-08, 17:45
Yes it is correct. I could not save a new wad either. I guess it were too few objects for editing and the fault was mine. Good that it is solved :)

ukraider
13-04-08, 11:46
I'm reporting bugs found after I've downloaded & installed the updated version. I have copied a couple of items from the TR3 CD with these results a monkey copied into the baboon slot ok with the correct sounds and animations but a tiger placed into the dog slot has the wrong sounds & just pushes Lara around. A guard in the baddie one slot is headless and just stands still. :mad:

ReeceMix
13-04-08, 11:52
but a tiger placed into the dog slot has the wrong sounds & just pushes Lara around. A guard in the baddie one slot is headless and just stands still. :mad:

You cant just copy baddies from the tr3CD and expect them to work, they sometimes have different mesh setups, they basically need fixing to work. It would be better to download the baddies you want from 'TRLE Search'

ukraider
13-04-08, 12:55
From what Paolone has said the new version of wadmerger which Michael is working on will allow us to just copy any item from any of the original games into our wads, and the item will have the correct animations and sounds without any changes being required but they will only work if your using TRNG.

stranger1992
13-04-08, 12:57
that version isnt out yet ;). Personally i just want bugfixes for TRNG....