PDA

View Full Version : Montoya win puts him back in contention

tlr online
03-08-03, 23:07
Juan Pablo Montoya scorched to victory in the German Grand Prix today and improved his World Championship chances. The Colombian romped home by a massive 65 seconds for Williams-BMW while all his four title rivals hit trouble in the broiling Hockenheim heat. McLaren's David Coulthard finished second to score his first podium since winning the opening race of the season in Australia with Jarno Trulli third for Renault.

Montoya catapulted into second place in the championship just six points behind title-holder Schumacher who could only finish seventh after suffering a punctured tyre while second with just four laps left of the 67-lap race. Schumacher's hopes of a record sixth drivers' crown looked to have been boosted when three of his rivals - brother Ralf, Kimi Raikkonen and Ferrari team-mate Rubens Barrichello all bashed into each other in a dramatic first corner incident and failed to finish.

Raikkonen slipped to third in the championship nine points adrift with just four races left after Formula One's summer break. Schumacher's younger brother is now 18 points behind while Barrichello fell 22 adrift of his team leader and both are surely out of championship contention.

www.ananova.com (http://www.ananova.com)

TombRaidingJenn42
03-08-03, 23:26
oh wow....other race fans here, huh? I am more into stock cars myself, but I do watch the occassional F1 race. I watch just about any kind of racing I can find, with NASCAR being my favorite! :D (please no redneck or hillbilly jokes, please. I get enough of that because I'm from Arkansas. :( )

tlr online
03-08-03, 23:27
Nice to have you aboard TombRaidingJenn42. Do you ever go to the races?

TombRaidingJenn42
03-08-03, 23:34
Thanks for the welcome! http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Yes, I have been to a couple before but not in the last few years. However, I am pretty sure I am going to get to go to Charlotte, NC next May to see the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600. I am so excited. Watching a race on tv is great, but nothing beats being there in person! :D

Do you get to go to many races trl online?