PDA

View Full Version : Stripix Questions

3AOD3
02-04-08, 03:17
I have a school project i'm working on: i have to present the Salem witch trials through video. I am not a good actress, so i'm going to build a level. I couldn't find any Puritanical looking women...so i'm creating my first outfit. I textured Lara in stripix. I hope to use wadmerger to first put her into her own wad, then hopefully also be able to copy her as a nonviolent baddy. I need to make a crowd of these women who look the same. but when i open WADmerger and direct it to where i saved the stripix file (as a .wad) nothing shows up. do i have to put the .wad file through another program?

ReeceMix
02-04-08, 09:36
Strpix opens the wad file
Wadmerger Opens the WAS file

To Start Copy the Lara Skin,Joints & Hair Into their own wad, with wadmerger.

This will save the wad & was file , you can then open it with strpix , save it and reopen it in wadmerger

Alternatively you can highlight the lara skin and joints and texture them with wadmergers anim edit

3AOD3
02-04-08, 22:48
argh, sorry. i see...i have another question: i'm going to need a crowd of women, and i have a few outfits that would do perfectly. i only need one. but they are all lara. Is it possible to change slots and put it in, oh say, Baddy_1? any slot would work, all they have to do is stand and not crash the game. i just wonder what i would rename in wadmerger, if this is possible?

ReeceMix
02-04-08, 23:05
argh, sorry. i see...i have another question: i'm going to need a crowd of women, and i have a few outfits that would do perfectly. i only need one. but they are all lara. Is it possible to change slots and put it in, oh say, Baddy_1? any slot would work, all they have to do is stand and not crash the game. i just wonder what i would rename in wadmerger, if this is possible?

Yes you can if you hold down 'shift & Copy' in wadmerger you can copy the 'Lara Skin' Object into Animating Slot objects
(I think its possible to use the Animating_MIP slots too)

And you can even use the baddy slots, but you have to mess with their animations to make them static and not run around shooting at lara.

The downside at copying the lara skin slot is it will copy the lara skin but not the joint meshes, it would require grafting the joint meshes onto the original skin with a 3D program so there would be no gaps, if you want the crowd to be completely static you could even join all the meshes and copy them into static slots.

3AOD3
02-04-08, 23:35
OK i copied it =) i must say, you are a genius. I haven't seen it in gameplay, since i haven't written the script yet (i started on this yesterday) but i thank you sincerely for you are such a great help!!!