PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's about time... 2 more days!

Ikas90
02-04-08, 14:04
Yep, it's about time. I've decided to go to Latvia and I'm sure you know why. Me and Agnes (Angelx14) have been waiting for almost a year (we met on the 6th April last year, here on TRF) and we've decided that we want to meet and spend our anniversary together. I know it's been a tough relationship, how we've had a difficult past, with many dramas, etc, but it's about time that we both get to see how compatible we are with eachother in real life. Over the internet, which is just a means of communication, hence why it causes a lot of frustration and arguments, you can't tell much of a person's nature. From my personal experience, I have met 5 TRF members, all different from how they were online. Not in a bad way, however. They are just normal people. But, with someone you love, there is the possibility of a disappointment, as you might want the best from them. It's a risk I'm willing to take, simply because I believe love is worth risking for. There are other concerns aswell, including that it might be dangerous to travel in these countries. But as for love, I wouldn't want to throw away a good chance if we're perfectly compatible. As I have read from Draco's post, I just have to quote him:

The friend I lost wasn't more than a friend, but maybe had potential to be. Ill never know.

You'll see why, that's the chance I want to take. I wouldn't want to throw away a chance of love. Who knows how we'll be in the future? That's for me to find out. Who knows how Jack and Rose's relationship from Titanic would have been if Jack hadn't died? For all we know, they could have broken up in 10 years. I believe that fate decides these things, and that you simply do not choose the person you're going to be with for the rest of your life.

Alright then, I've ordered my plane ticket with Czech Airlines, which will take me to Prague, then Riga. The ticket costed €347 return, valid until the 20th of April. I hope I'll be allowed in the country too (country officials make me paranoid) as I have a valid passport and travel insurance. I'm panicked, lol... If I don't make it there, I'm gonna get the ****s. :) I'm leaving tomorrow morning, at 4am. I'll get there at about 2pm. My parents have a problem with me going, as they're scared for my safety, but I'm 18, it's my business, and I know how to be alert to my own security. I have travelled on my own before. I also have a Lonely Planet guidebook with me, should I become disoriented.

Wish me luck, people. Be aware that I might not be online for the meantime. (I hope I will, as in to keep you updated) I'll pop into an internet cafe when I have the chance, where I'll post webcam pictures of us together. I'm going to the airport tonight, waiting until tomorrow morning.

And any advice would be appreciated, whether it's negative or positive.

Peace, everyone. You're all great friends and supporters.

All the best, :hug:

Saki :wve:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n131/Ikas90/PB100306.jpg

PS. If you're wondering why she hasn't been online, it's because she has no computer atm. It went kaputt.

Larapink
02-04-08, 14:17
Aww thats lovely :)

MiCkiZ88
02-04-08, 14:18
I hope everything goes well, Saki. :) Have a safe trip, and you better come up here sometime.

:p

Ikas90
02-04-08, 14:20
I hope everything goes well, Saki. :) Have a safe trip, and you better come up here sometime.

If I have time, I'll come up to your place with Agnes. :p I already had another member in mind, from Estonia.

And you better come to Greece! :ton:

Draco
02-04-08, 14:20
Well, I wish you luck.

kryptonite23
02-04-08, 14:21
Good luck on your trip with AgnES!! :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
02-04-08, 14:22
@Saki: You globe trotting *****.. gets to meet so many members. -.-
And I'm still going to England early this summer, if I get the chance to do so. But if I have the time and money, I'll visit Greece.

Drone
02-04-08, 14:28
nice decision :) wish you good luck. Reality is always better :tmb:

disneyprincess20
02-04-08, 14:30
Good luck Saki! :hug:

Beanz
02-04-08, 15:00
Oooh good luck Saki :tmb:

myrmaad
02-04-08, 15:15
We'll be thinking good thoughts for you both! :hug:

Greenkey2
02-04-08, 15:31
Have a great time together :hug:

rowanlim
02-04-08, 17:53
Have a great time together! Take care too! :tmb: :hug:

Alex Fly
02-04-08, 17:58
Aww... Good luck sweetie and have a great time together ! :hug:

Rivendell
02-04-08, 18:02
I wouldn't want to throw away a good chance if we're perfectly compatible. As I have read from Draco's post, I just have to quote him:

Originally Posted by Draco
The friend I lost wasn't more than a friend, but maybe had potential to be. Ill never know.

You'll see why, that's the chance I want to take. I wouldn't want to throw away a chance of love. Who knows how we'll be in the future?

Very wise :tmb: Finding out is important.

Have a good time both of you!

Ikas90
02-04-08, 18:06
Thank you for your kind wishes, people. :hug: They sure mean a lot to me!

3 hours until I leave for the airport. :) Latvia is about 2,000km away from Greece (air distance).

Gabi
02-04-08, 18:16
Well, have a save and good trip and may things work out well for both of you. :wve:

Scottlee
02-04-08, 18:19
Eastern Europe. Sounds good.

Stay away from suspicious looking hostels.

Mr.Burns
02-04-08, 19:24
Good luck Saki and stay safe. :wve:

jamieoliver22
02-04-08, 20:03
As I have said on MSN over all this time, I hope everything goes well for you (well, the both of you). You have been planning this for so long, I really do wish nothing goes wrong at all. I am happy for you. Good luck and play safe :p :wve:.

Don't forget to let everyone know how it goes! :wve:

EDIT: And to let you all know, Saki has now left for the airport.

tampi
02-04-08, 20:16
You are an adventurer :)
Good luck and take care :tmb:

Ikas90
02-04-08, 21:25
Just thought I'd leave a message. I'm using the computer at the airport, and it SUCKS! LOL :p I can't even type! My plane departs in 4 hours from now. Check-in, 2 hours.

Edit: Just arrived safely at Prague airport. :wve: Next flight to Riga in 4 hours.

Jacen
03-04-08, 07:43
Crud I'm a bit late...

Good luck Saki, and have a safe trip :wve:

Ikas90
03-04-08, 07:47
Cheers, Jacen. :wve:

There is one problem now, however, and that is I can't call my parents to let them know I'm fine. My phone denies it. But we can still text message eachother, at least. It's my auntie I'm worried about, who calls me about 500 times a day to make sure I'm ok. :)

ivannnnn
03-04-08, 08:17
Agnes, I'm so jealous. >.<

Sake, good luck and be careful. It's dangerous out there. :D :p

aquaflute
03-04-08, 08:50
I think your absolutely made the right decision.

Til we try we'll never know!!! Safe journey and good luck!

Ada the Mental
03-04-08, 11:06
Dude, I had no idea you were leaving, we haven't talked in ages!:p
Best of luck,mate! :D :wve:

Legend Killer
03-04-08, 11:22
Best wishes for a safe trip and happy meeting there Saki! :wve:

Melonie Tomb Raider
03-04-08, 12:58
From my personal experience, I have met 5 TRF members, all different from how they were online.

That's odd. When I met John, we both thought we acted the same as we did online. Of course there are a lot of new elements, but the basic elements were the same.

Very cool to hear that you're going to meet Agnes though. :D I suppose you two are back together now then? Well I wish you all the best, and I will be praying for you. :hug: How long will you be staying?

John is coming to visit me this Saturday and will be here for a couple of days. I'm very excited! :jmp: :jmp:

Ikas90
03-04-08, 13:14
That's odd. When I met John, we both thought we acted the same as we did online. Of course there are a lot of new elements, but the basic elements were the same.

Very cool to hear that you're going to meet Agnes though. :D I suppose you two are back together now then? Well I wish you all the best, and I will be praying for you. :hug: How long will you be staying?

John is coming to visit me this Saturday and will be here for a couple of days. I'm very excited! :jmp: :jmp:

Thanks for your wishes. They mean a lot. I have just arrived in Riga, and I'm a little lost, lol. I'll be catching the bus shortly. I must say, different people perceive things differently regarding how different they think people are in real life. But you're the one that's given me the best advice out of everyone. :hug: (Sorry, can't type much, this computer sucks REALLY bad) And I'm staying until the 20th.

Melonie Tomb Raider
03-04-08, 13:40
Wow, you get to stay for a nice long time, I'm jealous! I only get three days with my boo. :p

I'm so glad I have been encouraging to you. :hug: Just take things easy, just like you did when meeting everyone else on TRF. I know you're a lot mroe nervous, and this situation is totally different, but try to treat it as if it were as simple as possible. It's good to let the adjusting happen at a comfortable pace. Be a gentleman and go at the pace that she is comfortable with. John did that for me, and that meant a lot, because I was a lot more shy than he was (which is saying a lot, considering he's a shy guy).

We adjusted really quick though. When we first saw each other we had a quick hug and laughed a lot, I was soooo nervous. However, after we got in the car (I was in the back with him and let him play my Sony PSP while our moms were in the front), I got really close to him and watched him play just as comfortable as ever. I wanted to give him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek so bad, but I didn't because I was too shy. I'm not one for first moves either. :vlol:

Apofiss
03-04-08, 16:49
By know you must be in Liepāja, I presume ...both, go and check sea, sunset looks beautiful ;]

Melonie Tomb Raider
03-04-08, 19:43
Ok... made it yet? I'm dying to hear how everything goes! :jmp:

bloodstormaoa
03-04-08, 21:59
Awww, Good luck Saki :hug:

Ikas90
05-04-08, 13:10
Ok, I dunno how to word this, as I'm like, excited, but lol... XD

Ok, so I got off the bus when I arrived at her place, and I saw her about 50 metres away, with her friend. We could see eachothers smiles and Agnes was like, really shy. XD And I was too, lol! She was almost trying to run away. :vlol: Her friend (Eva) helped her face me. Eva greeted me first, and then Agnes gave me a short, clear "Hi", and then looked away and laughed shyly. :p We all took a walk to the mall, and she was speaking Latvian with Eva, so it was hard to join in the conversation. (I was trying to focus on what they were saying, as I have some knowledge of Latvian vocabulary.) But after Eva left, me and Agnes caught the bus home together, and had a chance to chat. :p We talked about a few random stuff, and then she said she needs a dictionary (she told me to write that, as I'm sitting with her in the internet cafe right now). And I'm sorry I can't word this very well, as I don't know exactly what to say... My ENGLISH IS BECOMING WORSE!!! :eek: XD

But now, me and Agnes are having a great time! :D We talked for a bit, then went to bed. We were MUCH more comfortable with eachother by now. We stayed with eachother inside the next day (we didn't go out as it was too cold), and we like, kissed for half an hour straight. :jmp:

Right now, there is one picture I want to post of us, but Agnes won't let me, because apparently, it's 'ugly'. :p I want to post it though... She says maybe some other time.

So yeah then, this had been a great experience. :p We have plenty of time together.

hello people =D!!!!!! < message from Agnes :p

MiCkiZ88
05-04-08, 13:14
Aww! I'm glad you two finally met, and I hope you two have a great time together. :)

*walks away in jealousy* Lucky *******.. *snif*

Drone
05-04-08, 13:42
haha nice news :tmb: have a more great time :wve:

Ikas90
05-04-08, 13:43
*walks away in jealousy* Lucky *******.. *snif*

Come to Greece and you won't be so jealous... :pi:

Well it is rather cold up here. That doesn't matter though... I have Agnes' warm hug! :D

MiCkiZ88
05-04-08, 13:50
Come to Greece and you won't be so jealous... :pi:

Well it is rather cold up here. That doesn't matter though... I have Agnes' warm hug! :DLOL. Wrong choise of words from me. Or not. I'm jealous of every single couple there is. HPMH!

Nah, I'm glad you two got to meet, and are having a great time. Just be sure to post photos.

If you think it's cold down there.. come for a visit up north. :p
Actually, it's warm here atm.

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-04-08, 14:32
That is great news, Saki! :D

I'm glad to hear how everything is working out so well for you. You better post some pics, too. :p

BTW, today is the big day that John comes to see me for visit #2. :jmp: I'm nervous, and I don't know why, because our first visit went so well. But I don't know, maybe it's just butterflies. :D I can't wait to see him, just a few more hours. :hug:

jamieoliver22
05-04-08, 18:13
Great to hear Saki :D I told you everything would work out right, I am really happy for the both of you :D We must see pictures!

And it seems like everyone is meeting each other this weekend, as I am going down to see Laura tomorrow too :D

Lavinder
05-04-08, 21:11
Ok, I dunno how to word this, as I'm like, excited, but lol... XD

Ok, so I got off the bus when I arrived at her place, and I saw her about 50 metres away, with her friend. We could see eachothers smiles and Agnes was like, really shy. XD And I was too, lol! She was almost trying to run away. :vlol: Her friend (Eva) helped her face me. Eva greeted me first, and then Agnes gave me a short, clear "Hi", and then looked away and laughed shyly. :p We all took a walk to the mall, and she was speaking Latvian with Eva, so it was hard to join in the conversation. (I was trying to focus on what they were saying, as I have some knowledge of Latvian vocabulary.) But after Eva left, me and Agnes caught the bus home together, and had a chance to chat. :p We talked about a few random stuff, and then she said she needs a dictionary (she told me to write that, as I'm sitting with her in the internet cafe right now). And I'm sorry I can't word this very well, as I don't know exactly what to say... My ENGLISH IS BECOMING WORSE!!! :eek: XD

But now, me and Agnes are having a great time! :D We talked for a bit, then went to bed. We were MUCH more comfortable with eachother by now. We stayed with eachother inside the next day (we didn't go out as it was too cold), and we like, kissed for half an hour straight. :jmp:

Right now, there is one picture I want to post of us, but Agnes won't let me, because apparently, it's 'ugly'. :p I want to post it though... She says maybe some other time.

So yeah then, this had been a great experience. :p We have plenty of time together.

hello people =D!!!!!! < message from Agnes :p

Pffff, me and Jamie's kiss was longer and better :pi::mis:. Just kidding hunny :D.

I'm really happy for the both of you! I kind of feel slightly sad because I remember the first time I did anything with Jamie, it was so exciting and such a rush - now doing things with Jamie still feel amazing, but nothing beats first times.

I'm nervous, and I don't know why, because our first visit went so well. But I don't know, maybe it's just butterflies. :D I can't wait to see him, just a few more hours. :hug:

That's what it's like with me, even though I've been with Jamie so many times I still feel huge butterflies just before I see him again, but they all go away as soon as I see him and I feel better than ever.

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-04-08, 21:30
That's what it's like with me, even though I've been with Jamie so many times I still feel huge butterflies just before I see him again, but they all go away as soon as I see him and I feel better than ever.

I'm very encouraged to hear that, thanks darling. :hug:

I'm leaving in 30 minutes to pick him up. The butterflies are going crazy!!! :p :vlol:

Legend of Lara
05-04-08, 21:56
It's great that you're having such a wonderful time. :)

:Dj:De:Da:Dl:Do:Du:Ds:D

jarhead
05-04-08, 22:02
Glad to hear its working out, hope you 2 have a brilliant time together

Melonie Tomb Raider
06-04-08, 06:04
Sorry to hijack your thread, Saki, but ZOMG! John and I had such a wonderful time today! <3 His plane landed at about 6:30, then we went home and I introduced him to my brothers (he met Dad at the airport, it went really well :D). We talked for a little while with them, then a little after 8 we went to the mall, then he took me out to dinner at TGI Friday's. After that I took him to church (I have a key :p) so he could see what it was like, then I took him to my mom's candy store. We got back home at about 11:00 PM, and he played Uncharted with my brothers and I until a little past midnight. Then he left for his hotel, and that's where he's at now.

I miss him already! I can't wait to see him again tomorrow! <3 <3 <3

Alex Fly
06-04-08, 10:55
Awww... That's so sweet. I'm so happy to read that, Saki. Glad to read everything is going well. :hug: :)

remote91
06-04-08, 11:16
Another happy story :D

Dakaruch
06-04-08, 13:40
Well Saki i wish all the best to you and Agnes! :)
You two deserve to be happy, and after all you have been through i'm sure that everything will be great.
All the best, friends! :) :hug:

mizuno_suisei
06-04-08, 14:00
Aww thats so sweet Saki! Congrats guys! And post that pic, Agnes, you're not ugly!

I certainly hope you're practicing your kanji Saki :vlol:

Ikas90
07-04-08, 07:53
Thank you, everyone. :hug:

Great to hear Saki :D I told you everything would work out right, I am really happy for the both of you :D We must see pictures!

And it seems like everyone is meeting each other this weekend, as I am going down to see Laura tomorrow too :D

Pffff, me and Jamie's kiss was longer and better :pi::mis:. Just kidding hunny :D.

I'm really happy for the both of you! I kind of feel slightly sad because I remember the first time I did anything with Jamie, it was so exciting and such a rush - now doing things with Jamie still feel amazing, but nothing beats first times.

I know what you mean. Our first glimpse of eachother, our first words, and our first hug and kiss, were the best. Other times are still great, though. And btw, it was my first kiss, so it was awesome. XD

Sorry to hijack your thread, Saki, but ZOMG! John and I had such a wonderful time today! <3 His plane landed at about 6:30, then we went home and I introduced him to my brothers (he met Dad at the airport, it went really well :D). We talked for a little while with them, then a little after 8 we went to the mall, then he took me out to dinner at TGI Friday's. After that I took him to church (I have a key :p) so he could see what it was like, then I took him to my mom's candy store. We got back home at about 11:00 PM, and he played Uncharted with my brothers and I until a little past midnight. Then he left for his hotel, and that's where he's at now.

I miss him already! I can't wait to see him again tomorrow! <3 <3 <3

That's great to hear too. :hug: I'm glad you and John are getting along well. But he's sleeping at a hotel? Me and Agnes are erm... sharing the same bed... :whi:

I certainly hope you're practicing your kanji Saki :vlol:

I was teaching Agnes some Kanji... :pi: It was fun! :D

Anyway, here's a pic:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5752/p4050358tr0.jpg

*hopes Agnes won't get mad* :whi:

I'll take us some more pictures, then replace that one, because Agnes doesn't like it. XD

rowanlim
07-04-08, 14:20
Oh my...that's such a lovely picture, you guys look so sweet in it...You guys look so happy too :tmb: :hug:

Lara Croft!
07-04-08, 16:36
How do I miss these things???? OMG!!! OMG!!! You finally met each other!!!!:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp: Agnes, I hope you know how lucky you are... Ahhh... A man doing all this trip for his loved one.... So sweet! Saki, the moment you are back we will meet and tell me and Panos all about it!!!! (On the 27th I'm off for Egypt...)