PDA

View Full Version : Wow...

Bullethail
02-04-08, 17:35
UlIJOAZ1pak

Listen to this woman's voice... apparently, it's almost flawless. :eek:

Sadly, she apparently died in 2000. :(

Better quality. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5SePLTBSU0&feature=related)

ajrich17901
02-04-08, 17:36
Dont know who she is but she sounds ok

Bullethail
02-04-08, 17:37
Fix'd. ;)

EgyptianSoul
02-04-08, 17:37
That's Ofra Haza. She was amazing when she lived. I've got all her cd's. :D She had the perfect voice.

She was murdered by her own husband. He gave her aids. :(

MiCkiZ88
02-04-08, 17:58
She was murdered by her own husband. He gave her aids. :(I knew about AIDS killing her, but I didn't know that her husband gave her it. Too bad.. she was extremely talented, and she even sung Deliver Us in Finnish. I first thought it was a Finnish dub, but she learned how to sing the song in multiple languages.

I know of her because my step mother lived 20 years in Israel. She's a huge fan of her music.

Neteru
02-04-08, 18:05
OMG That's Ofra Haza. I love her voice. I had no idea she had died. :(

EgyptianSoul
02-04-08, 18:05
I knew about AIDS killing her, but I didn't know that her husband gave her it. Too bad.. she was extremely talented, and she even sung Deliver Us in Finnish. I first thought it was a Finnish dub, but she learned how to sing the song in multiple languages.

I know of her because my step mother lived 20 years in Israel. She's a huge fan of her music.

Yes. She sang the song in 17 languages. :D

Her husband infected her with aids during their marriage :( It is believed he wanted to kill her. Glad the man is now dead also.

Neteru
02-04-08, 18:06

Her husband infected her with aids during their marriage :(I had no idea. Oh how awful. Bless her.

Larapink
02-04-08, 18:07
Does she sing this song in Punjabi or Hindi? Those languages are my native languages.

EgyptianSoul
02-04-08, 18:15
Does she sing this song in Punjabi or Hindi? Those languages are my native languages.

She did not sing the song on the video in other languages.

But she sang the song Deliver Us for The Prince of Egypt movie soundtracks in 17 languages including Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Swedish

MiCkiZ88
02-04-08, 18:17

Her husband infected her with aids during their marriage :( It is believed he wanted to kill her. Glad the man is now dead also.Wow! She was definitely talented.

And that's just awful. :(

Here's my favorite scene from The Prince of Egypt: Deliver Us (Ivrit)

TsVej9neGmQ
Hans Zimmer + Ofra Haza = Amazing

Larapink
02-04-08, 18:21
She did not sing the song on the video in other languages.

But she sang the song Deliver Us for The Prince of Egypt movie soundtracks in 17 languages including Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Japanese and Swedish
Oh thats a shame, I would have liked to have heard a bit in Hindi.

But it's still amazing 17 languages!

I am sad to have heard that she has passed away, she sounds very talented.

EgyptianSoul
02-04-08, 18:34
You can find many of her songs on Youtube plus music videos so check them out. And if you really like it. Find some of her cd's and buy them. :D She will live forever through her beautiful voice. There's even a new Greatest Hits collection coming out to honour her this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qAevKPVkjU Sarah Brightman feat. Ofra Haza - Mysterious Days. I have the Harem cd but I love this duet. It was published after Ofras death.