PDA

View Full Version : Gender dysphoria

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 20:24
This is a really interesting topic not only because i have it but
just because of how it comes about

i was wondering if anyone would give me any advice on it as i'm really stuck in a situation i mean i've only just came out to my parents about my sexuality i dont think i want to tell them about this

does anyone know what i should do?

And for people who dont know what it is its when a person was born the wrong sex ie. somone was a woman but trapped in a mans body.

Heckler
02-04-08, 20:29
Well...how old are you?

Angelus
02-04-08, 20:29
So you're a boy, but believe that you were supposed to be a girl?

EgyptianSoul
02-04-08, 20:30
How are your parents like? My friends parents are very old-fashioned but she found the courage to tell them last year that she's going through with the sex reassignment operation. Even though they were very much against it in the beginning (threatened to abandon her completely) they accepted it when she finally told them. Now she's waiting for her vaginoplasty. :)

lita212
if i were you i would go to the doctor n get it sorted now as the waiting lists are sooo full. im a transexual and god it took forever to even get an appoitment when i first started transitioning. my friend is having to wait 3 years before he gets and appoitment and hes 29 so man i feel well lucky that im sorted etc.
first go to your gp and tell them how you feel. he will the refer you to a mental health place and you will see a psychiatrist. if there happy that your mentally well they will refer you to a gender clinic close to you. the one i go to is in sheffield.
then you will have to wait abit before gettin an appoitment and after that you will then have to start living as a girl for atleast a year maybe 2 depending on how they feel about you etc and you will be given hormones. you will take pills and then they will put you on shots which is far better although some people arnt ready to go on them as there hormones affect emotions etc.
you should start dressing as a girl now so that when you have your first appoitment they will already see you are living in your prefferd gender role and this could also cut down the wait etc. :-)
good luck and keep me informed :-) im here to help and talk as ive gone through this and still am as its something which carrys on for the rest of your life

also if your planning on going private rather then get it on the nhs i have a list which has the costs of appoitments etc. again if you pay for your first appoitment then you will be given hormones right away wen your due for your appoitment at the clinic as you wont need to have a consultation as you will have paid for it and have it early

Seb_01225
^ yep but i'm still young but tbh i've thought this since i was like 5 years old.

i'm 14 btw

Geck-o-Lizard
02-04-08, 20:33
Personally I haven't spoken to my parents about it. I just don't think it's any of their business really, though I know they wouldn't be angry or upset if I did tell them.

How did your parents take your coming-out?

Also I wouldn't think about actually going through with it until you're over 18, by which time you'll have had plenty of time to think about it and make sure it's what you want to do. Don't rush headlong into something purely because the waiting list is long. :rolleyes:

Punaxe
02-04-08, 20:33
if i were you i would go to the doctor n get it sorted now as the waiting lists are sooo full. im a transexual and god it took forever to even get an appoitment when i first started transitioning. my friend is having to wait 3 years before he gets and appoitment and hes 29 so man i feel well lucky that im sorted etc.
first go to your gp and tell them how you feel. he will the refer you to a mental health place and you will see a psychiatrist. if there happy that your mentally well they will refer you to a gender clinic close to you. the one i go to is in sheffield.
then you will have to wait abit before gettin an appoitment and after that you will then have to start living as a girl for atleast a year maybe 2 depending on how they feel about you etc and you will be given hormones. you will take pills and then they will put you on shots which is far better although some people arnt ready to go on them as there hormones affect emotions etc.
you should start dressing as a girl now so that when you have your first appoitment they will already see you are living in your prefferd gender role and this could also cut down the wait etc. :-)
good luck and keep me informed :-) im here to help and talk as ive gone through this and still am as its something which carrys on for the rest of your life

And what were the costs of this all? Or is it covered by your health insurance, if a psychiatrist diagnoses a valid case?

EgyptianSoul
02-04-08, 20:34
Here in Finland TS people have to wait until they're 18 to get hormones (before that they are evaluated by a psychiatrist to define their mental health) and they have to be at least for a year and a half on the hormones before they can get a new ID and the genital surgery. It was really hard for my friend to wait since she knew she was not a boy from a very young age.

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 20:34
Personally I haven't spoken to my parents about it. I just don't think it's any of their business really, though I know they wouldn't be angry or upset if I did tell them.

my dad isnt happy but he dosent mind at all
and my mum thinks its completly normal and its completly fine with it and supports me atm so she should be okay i guess

Here in Finland TS people have to wait until they're 18 to get hormones (before that they are evaluated by a psychiatrist to define their mental health) and they have to be at least for a year and a half on the hormones before they can get a new ID and the genital surgery. It was really hard for my friend to wait since she knew she was not a boy from a very young age.
in england i think i can start taking hormones by the age of 16 and then have to be over 18 to have the surgery

basically i know for definate this is what i want though

lita212
02-04-08, 20:37
And what were the costs of this all? Or is it covered by your health insurance, if a psychiatrist diagnoses a valid case?

well your first appoitment private is about 120
the other appoitments are the same although get higher depending on how long you are there for.

i only paid for my first appoitment and then everything else was paid for by the clinic which is funded by the nhs. the reason its so long to get it on the nhs though is because there is little funding provided.

even if you are 14 if this is something you wanna do then do it. lifes too short.

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-04-08, 20:42

Also I wouldn't think about actually going through with it until you're over 18, by which time you'll have had plenty of time to think about it and make sure it's what you want to do. Don't rush headlong into something purely because the waiting list is long. :rolleyes:

I thought you were asexual? Do they have surgery for that too? I'm confused. :confused:

lita212
02-04-08, 20:46

why wait till hes 18? its not like he can have surgery till then anyways. if its summit he wants then why wait.

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 20:47
why wait till hes 18? its not like he can have surgery till then anyways. if its summit he wants then why wait.

yeh i practically dress like a girl anyway lol

but i do want surgery on my face too
to be more feminine

lita212
02-04-08, 20:49
yeh i practically dress like a girl anyway lol

but i do want surgery on my face too
to be more feminine

facial feminization. the only way to have that is to pay for it as you dont get that on the nhs. the only surgery you can get is breasts and a pussy. and you also get hormone treatment on the nhs
everything else you have to pay for

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 20:50
facial feminization. the only way to have that is to pay for it as you dont get that on the nhs. the only surgery you can get is breasts and a pussy. and you also get hormone treatment on the nhs

i know that :)

lol i just dont mind i'll wait for the face but before its more the change of sex for me

Angelus
02-04-08, 20:51

Sugarcoat it for the kids, why don't you? :vlol:

lita212
02-04-08, 20:53
Sugarcoat it for the kids, why don't you? :vlol:

whoops sorry its just what i call it.

yeh well i hope everything goes well for ya hun n im sure your gonna look hot :-)

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-04-08, 20:56
LOL! @ Lita. You're bluntness is so funny. :vlol:

@Seb. This decision is going to affect you for the rest of your life, and right now you're only 14. I suggest taking some time to think about it, and realize that once you get the work done, you can't go back to how you were before. Do you really feel like you were born in the wrong body, or do you want to change who you are? These are things to keep in mind.

I wish you all the best. :hug:

Lara's home
02-04-08, 20:59
I think you should wait til' your 18.
People who jumped into this too realy, has sometimes regretted that they did this, and well.. I think you would have screwed up bigtime if you were one of those.

But try to tell your parents. It can/will probably be very hard, and I don't think I'd ever dare, but if you really feel for it, I think they can help you. At least a little. :)

Angelus
02-04-08, 20:59
i know that :)

lol i just dont mind i'll wait for the face but before its more the change of sex for me

You're only 14, and this decision will change you for the rest of your life. Being 14 is a weird time, you've got all sorts going on inside your body. Wait until you're 16 or 17, and then possibly make a decision. :)

whoops sorry its just what i call it.

yeh well i hope everything goes well for ya hun n im sure your gonna look hot :-)

Don't worry about it. Just made me laugh. :D

Geck-o-Lizard
02-04-08, 21:00
I thought you were asexual? Do they have surgery for that too? I'm confused. :confused:

Removal of unwanted parts, to put it simply. :)

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 21:00
LOL! @ Lita. You're bluntness is so funny. :vlol:

@Seb. This decision is going to affect you for the rest of your life, and right now you're only 14. I suggest taking some time to think about it, and realize that once you get the work done, you can't go back to how you were before. Do you really feel like you were born in the wrong body, or do you want to change who you are? These are things to keep in mind.

I wish you all the best. :hug:

oh god i want to change.
i already dress as a woman practiacally but i have to mix and match clothes but so i dont look like a full woman untill i tell everyone because so far
you guys are the only ones who know

i'm sure i will keep my decision
tbh i just wanna get rid of this damn ***** and get some breastage init

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-04-08, 21:05
Removal of unwanted parts, to put it simply. :)

lol, it's hilarious how that works. So many girls want to get work done to have bigger breast, while others want them taken away completely. :vlol:

Wasn't sure about ideal asexual anatomy though, thanks for enlightening me. :)

EgyptianSoul
02-04-08, 21:06
My friend knew she was a girl since she was in kindergarten. Usually when it's the real deal you realize it at a very young age and it's hell when a person has to wait for 10-15 years or more so they come to the legal age limit and can get the operation started.

Nitro Typhoon
02-04-08, 21:14
Well.. I'm 14 and a guy too, and I would be a lot more comfortable as a girl. But I no no-one would accept it. One day I went into school wearing a tiny bit of make up that I thought was hardly even noticeable, and then everyone started calling me a faggot and a queer, etc. And I mean, the girls were even worse the guys. And they still call me all that stuff. That completely made me change the way I thought.. I mean, no one except my best two friends no my sexuality and one of them took it the wrong way (my best friend). I knew he was homophobic, but I thought that he would understand and that it wouldn't matter, but obviously I was wrong. He doesn't even talk to me anymore, and I think he's afraid of me.
I think most people aready know anyway, it's getting kind of obvious.. but it's really scary because you know that you're never going to get accepted by anyone because of one ****ing tiny thing that doesn't even make any difference.

So I guess I'm kind of more confused then wanting to be a girl.

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 21:18
Well.. I'm 14 and a guy too, and I would be a lot more comfortable as a girl. But I no no-one would accept it. One day I went into school wearing a tiny bit of make up that I thought was hardly even noticeable, and then everyone started calling me a faggot and a queer, etc. And I mean, the girls were even worse the guys. And they still call me all that stuff. That completely made me change the way I thought.. I mean, no one except my best two friends no my sexuality and one of them took it the wrong way (my best friend). I knew he was homophobic, but I thought that he would understand and that it wouldn't matter, but obviously I was wrong. He doesn't even talk to me anymore, and I think he's afraid of me.
I think most people aready know anyway, it's getting kind of obvious.. but it's really scary because you know that you're never going to get accepted by anyone because of one ****ing tiny thing that doesn't even make any difference.

So I guess I'm kind of more confused then wanting to be a girl.

thats bad i mean your just going to have to be completly straight with everyone and tell them your sexuality
then it will be hard for you
but if your strong people will eventually accept you for who you really are.

Draco
02-04-08, 21:20
While I am curious about what it would be like to be female, I have no desire to actually be female...those that do are more than welcome to go for it frankly. I can't see why it should be my business either way, unless of course it was someone in a relationship with me.

silver_wolf
02-04-08, 21:21
To be frank, I think people who genuinly think they should be the opposite gender are mentaly disabled. But hey, it's your life right?

Anubis_AF
02-04-08, 21:26
Disabled?

silver_wolf
02-04-08, 21:29
sorry, I meant..ummm...what's the word....unstable, that's the one! If it's any better. I don't mean any offense to anyone, that's just my opinion.

Geck-o-Lizard
02-04-08, 21:30
Why unstable? Have you ever met anyone in person who feels they weren't born the right gender?

Wasn't sure about ideal asexual anatomy though, thanks for enlightening me. :)

It's not really ideal asexual anatomy... Plenty asexuals are perfectly happy being male or female. I just don't associate sex or gender with myself and find female anatomy to be a burden.

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 21:51
sorry, I meant..ummm...what's the word....unstable, that's the one! If it's any better. I don't mean any offense to anyone, that's just my opinion.

i really dont think we're unstable.

just born wrong

silver_wolf
02-04-08, 21:55
But how does that work? The body you are born with is your gender. You can't be born with a "female" mind in a male body,for example, unless you are more feminine than normal due to an inbalance of hormones. Unless you think your "soul" is trapped in the wrong gender. I'm honestly asking, I don't really understand how someone can be born the wrong gender.

Seb_01225
02-04-08, 21:57
But how does that work? The body you are born with is your gender. You can't be born with a "female" mind in a male body,for example, unless you are more feminine than normal due to an inbalance of hormones. Unless you think your "soul" is trapped in the wrong gender. I'm honestly asking, I don't really understand how someone can be born the wrong gender.

apparently according to the NHS its somthing to do with a female brain born into a mans body.
so mind of a woman body of a man
tbh i'd rather have the body i was intended to have than some mistake in the womb

silver_wolf
02-04-08, 22:02
ok, but how do you determine a female brain? If a female brain was actually born into the wrong body, wouldn't there be all sorts of things going wrong? Biological processes that the brain knows should take place, but can't because the body is not properly equipped. I think it's just a state of mind, and I'm not calling you crazy here.

Geck-o-Lizard
02-04-08, 22:08
You feel male, don't you? You can't really explain how, but you just know you're a guy. Even when you close your eyes and forget about your body, or when you post on an internet forum where nobody has a body, you identify yourself as male.

Now imagine if you felt the same way but had boobs and a uterus instead.

amiro1989
02-04-08, 22:12
^ yep but i'm still young but tbh i've thought this since i was like 5 years old.

i'm 14 btw

I think you should try to like yourself more (I'm not trying to be mean). I mean, if you're born as a boy, that means you're supposed to be a boy....

I just don't understand why you think you were supposed to be a girl. I mean men can love men. There's nothing wrong with that.

silver_wolf
02-04-08, 22:14
You feel male, don't you? You can't really explain how, but you just know you're a guy. Even when you close your eyes and forget about your body, or when you post on an internet forum where nobody has a body, you identify yourself as male.

Now imagine if you felt the same way but had boobs and a uterus instead.
To me that sounds like a mental inbalance, someone who isn't sure who they are. An extreme identity crisis. Sorry, but I don't get it. It must be something you have to experience to understand.

Melonie Tomb Raider
02-04-08, 22:20
Edit: I fully support the transgendered community, despite my past ignorance on the subject.

Geck-o-Lizard
02-04-08, 22:29
If you're completely sure about your gender then it's not really true to say you're unsure about yourself or you're having an identity crisis. Having a female (or male) body that is incompatible with your mental persona is just an unfortunate problem that modern science has been able to [partially] overcome.

I, personally, am not confused at all about my lack of gender identity. I feel no more female or male than a flight of stairs, or a lightbulb. It's just something that doesn't apply to me. I don't have any emotional problems that I'm aware of, I'm not confused about myself, and I've never had any kind of difficulty understanding who and what I am. I am who I am, and I refuse to be categorised as mad or wildly confused just because I don't fit into either of the two gender niches that society has created and attempts to apply indiscriminately to everyone. ;)

Voni
02-04-08, 23:21
I remember reading a long time ago that gender issues stem from the womb, something to do with how the the hormones develop. I'm sorry I can't remember more than that.

I respect you for being upfront about how you feel, Seb. 14 is kinda young but as you'll have to wait til you're 16 either way, it gives you time to think the idea over, and if it's right for you you can stick it out a couple of years! I know that's hard to hear now, but it's really for the best.

I've got a couple of close friends in your position, so if you ever need anyone to talk to I'm always at the end of a PM :)

silver_wolf
02-04-08, 23:26
ok, this is completely random, but you know how the ads at the top of the page usually correspond to the topic of the thread? well why is there an add for live bugs and worms on this one??

Chiki Mina
02-04-08, 23:46
Eh, well...IMO, I believe there are no mistakes when you were born. I don't like that phrase. Because it applies to kids who are born with down syndrome and other disabilities. So is that a "mistake" as well in the womb? Don't answer that, I believe I'm going a bit off topic.

If you feel as though you're "different", I suggest you talk it over with an adult, parents, whoever - anyone you can trust. But, IMO, don't go too fast with the surgery plan. I suggest you wait a bit until you're sure on what you're doing. Don't have to follow my advice, but it's all I can offer - and support :)

Nenya awakens
02-04-08, 23:46
i say go for it, you only live once
I refuse to let my gender stereotype me, I'll wear whatever the hell i want
wigs, allsorts! live life and have no regrets.:D

lita212
03-04-08, 09:30
there was a programme which actually said that during a pregnancy the child can actually change to the gender it SHOULDNT BE because of stress etc which can affect the babys development. thats why when you look at transexuals their brain looks similar to that of the gender the desire to be whereas in "normal" people there brain matches there body already.

myrmaad
03-04-08, 10:08
If you can remember your high school biology, (remember? Mitochondria, Mitosis, Meiosis?) and wrap your head around it, this is what scientists consider to be the key factor, the genome sequence is passed uniquely from both parents to their offspring, which is why multiple children from the same two parents are not clones of one another. They are malleable and mutable in the process and subject to great variation.

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0001-8678%28198003%2912%3A1%3C1%3AHESITX%3E2.0.CO%3B2-G&size=LARGE&origin=JSTOR-enlargePage

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?call=bv.View..ShowSection&rid=gnd.section.156

http://www.gires.org.uk/Web_Page_Assets/Gender_Dysphoria.htm

For fun and profit:
http://www.genetics.gsk.com/test.asp
http://www.chromosome5.com/fear.html

Source: Economist, 3/19/2005
Section: Science and technology
Genetics
The X-files
Rifling through male and female genes is starting to reveal their differences
ONE could be forgiven for thinking that the fuss about the human genome was over. Five years ago, the politicians gave the beaming scientists a collective slap on the back and champagne corks were popped. But after the hangovers cleared, the scientists had to go back to their labs and do the job properly. The "draft" sequence they had released was just a landmark along the way.

Gradually the details of each human chromosome have been emerging. A chromosome is a set of instructions, in the form of genes, that are used in creating an organism. This week scientists have reported in the journal Nature that they have finally finished sequencing the X chromosome.

The X is one of two chromosomes that determine sex. Women have two Xs, while males have one X and a Y. These sex chromosomes originated between 230m and 300m years ago, evolving from the same non-sex chromosome in some ancestral mammal species. Over the course of evolution, the Y has become severely eroded by mutation, and today is stunted, with only one hundred genes. The new research reveals that the X has over 1,000 genes.

Because women have their sex genes written in duplicate, they always have a second chance of a correct version. This means they are less prone to sex-linked genetic defects. Such defects are largely why the birth-rates between boys (49%) and girls (51%) are not equal.

New work on the X has now revealed more about how differences between the sexes are determined at a genetic level. One route is the way in which this second dose of X genes is regulated. What was already known was that in each individual female cell, one of the two X chromosomes was randomly inactivated. This is so that female cells do not have twice as much genetic activity as male cells.

However, work by Laura Carrel, at Pennsylvania State University, and Huntington Willard, at Duke University in North Carolina, now shows that this inactivation is not complete. For a start, 15% of genes that were expected to be switched off (so that they do not produce proteins), actually escape inactivation.

This is a big surprise. And it means that in female cells a certain proportion of activated genes exist in higher concentrations than was once thought. The extent that this matters will very likely depend on the gene itself. As of yet, though, nobody knows what impact this has on women. The study also found that another 10% of the genes on the X are sometimes inactivated, and sometimes not. So some women might have a single dose of these genes while others will have a double dose. Furthermore, the pattern in which these 10% of genes activate seems to be different in every woman the authors have looked at so far.

The authors examined the genomes of 40 women and found that in each case, the pattern of expression of these genes was unique. Such "expression heterogeneity" was unsuspected, but is exciting because it suggests that women could be more genetically variable than men.

This kind of work is important for two reasons. The most important, though obvious, reason is to help us better understand sex-linked genetic defects in men after birth. These are important in areas such as cancer, fertility and mental retardation (males have a higher incidence).

A perhaps slightly less important, though more unexpected, reason for interest is that this work offers several new ways of exploring the genetics behind the difference between the sexes. The president of Harvard recently stirred up a storm of protest by speculating that differences in aptitude, rather than discrimination, may explain why fewer women achieve excellence in science. There is certainly no "gene for science". But this work tells us that somewhere between 200 to 300 genes can be uniquely expressed in women. Hot pursuit of these genes now seems likely. More surprises lie ahead.

EgyptianSoul
03-04-08, 12:56
Interesting to read myrmaad... :)

To comment to what Lita said, I've read so too in some magazine that transsexual (here in Finland we don't use the term transsexual but transgender applies cause the transgender community has decided that to be a more appropriate name cause transsexual indicates that it has something to do with sexuality but it doesn't) humans have different anatomy than what their brains are. A f-t-m tg is born in a womans body but his brain is male, and m-t-f tg is born in a mans body but she has a female brain. Some scientist had researched this subject and an article was published about it.

Having known each other for over ten years, I can truly say that my friend is happier now than ever. She's got her breasts growing, she's got a new name and ID number and now she's waiting in line for genital surgery which will be next year. I'm so glad for her. :D

mizuno_suisei
03-04-08, 13:13
I went through the EXACT same thing. I used to always say I wanted a sex change. I never felt right, I had been rased in a house full of women, no men around. So I felt like I was born in the wrong body. But as I reached 14/15 and started puberty, I wasnt discusted, I began to really feel like a male, what I really am. And I knew I was attracted to the same sex. So I'm now proud to be a fully out Gay guy :) You should think about these things too. Maybe you don't really feel like a woman, maybe you really feel like a feminine gay man, but you just don't know it. :)

Honestly, at your age, I think it could be the worst possible decision for you, I'm so happy I'm not getting a vajayjay, being Gay is so much more fun :)

Good luck and I wish you all the best :wve:

Capt. Murphy
03-04-08, 14:01
I'm going to ask a question, but first I'll need to set it up with a back-story. The question will not be meant to offend, and I apologize if it does come across that way.

I seen a little bit of an episode of Tyra Banks once, and she had a guest on that had a sex change operation. I'll call him "Leon". Leon went from a Male to a "female". So, Leon will be referred to as "She" (or Leona) for after the operation and a "He" (or Leon) for before the operation.

Leon had a boyfriend. Most of Leon's life he knew/thought he was a female trapped in a male's body. The day came when Leon had the surgery and "He" became a "She".

Now... For my question. It's about the boyfriend. To avoid any confusion (no pun intended) I'll refer to him as... Simon. Would Simon himself be Gay or Straight... Or perhaps Bisexual? :confused: Because first it was like (if he was having "relations" with Leon) Simon was Gay. Now that Leon is a Leona wouldn't Simon then have to be "Straight"?

I'm thinking Simon could be more straight if Leon was very effeminate. But somehow I think I'm totally missing what might be going on here. And I kinda figured the rest of you Leon/Leonas (and/or) Simons could explain.

Enlighten me.:D

--------
Edit: I am Straight. I'm not saying I would be attracted to a "girl" that was once a boy (personally)... So that's why I'm perplex by Simon's actions.

myrmaad
03-04-08, 14:08
I have a question? Why does it matter? I don't see how it possibly could.

Capt. Murphy
03-04-08, 14:31
I have a question? Why does it matter? I don't see how it possibly could.
It matters because -to me- there is a conflict. Is Simon Gay or Straight? Simple... or rather: Simply Complicated.

I'll just assume he's a monogamous bisexual :vlol: and we can forget about it.

EgyptianSoul
03-04-08, 14:33
Sexuality has no value when there's love. If a person is in love with someone, their sexuality or gender doesn't matter. :) I know it very very well.

Nenya awakens
03-04-08, 14:35
If it was a man who was now a women, then they guy dating them would be straight because they are now a women.

If however they were dating before or after then the could be bi sexual,
OR just so in love with the person that gender doesnt come into it.

you fall in love with someones soul not their gender,. but saying that i dont have any desire to sleep with a women but i'm not saying if would'nt if i was in love.

Capt. Murphy
03-04-08, 14:37
EgyptianSoul and Nenya Awakens: Thank you for your answers. :)

EgyptianSoul
03-04-08, 15:27
Hopefully one day we people can have more options when categorizing our genders and sexualities. Or none. We could just be humans without the limitations of gender and sexuality. :) I don't want to be categorized as female or male cause I can't be just one of them. I've heard of people who have gotten their gender marked down in the system as "neither" or "both". But I can't get that here in Finland. :( I don't want to be categorized. I'm currently marked as female cause it'll help me get to schools and eventually a job although I could have been marked as a man too.

Seb_01225
03-04-08, 16:35
Hopefully one day we people can have more options when categorizing our genders and sexualities. Or none. We could just be humans without the limitations of gender and sexuality. :) I don't want to be categorized as female or male cause I can't be just one of them. I've heard of people who have gotten their gender marked down in the system as "neither" or "both". But I can't get that here in Finland. :( I don't want to be categorized. I'm currently marked as female cause it'll help me get to schools and eventually a job although I could have been marked as a man too.

that would be cool :)

so do you have any ideas of what gender you will live your life as or are you gonna stick as a legal female?

Nenya awakens
03-04-08, 16:41
Moved

Lafa Cvoft
03-04-08, 16:44
If you 14, you don't have to say it...i know one person, who said to his perents, that he is a had wrong gender, then bacame EMO and suicided, as his love was in another house, and parent didn't allow him to go to him for 2 weeks....then he really suicided....

I think, you have towait for some time, untill you become 18 or 19...then you have to say everything you want to your parents, if they can't understandwho you are, leave them!

( I know, that it is bad veriant, but i hate my life and if i wanted to say smth important i do it so....)

EgyptianSoul
03-04-08, 16:51
that would be cool :)

so do you have any ideas of what gender you will live your life as or are you gonna stick as a legal female?

I don't know. If I someday could leave myself undefined I'll do it. :) I'll stick with being marked as a female for now though since I'm gonna start studying again.

I'd like to point out one big problem about the sex system in the world. Men get paid better than women for the same jobs just because they're men. :mad: That ****es me off.

stereopathic
03-04-08, 16:58
It matters because -to me- there is a conflict. Is Simon Gay or Straight? Simple... or rather: Simply Complicated.

I'll just assume he's a monogamous bisexual :vlol: and we can forget about it.

this kind of binary thinking is why you may be confused by the boyfriend's actions. gay to straight is more of a gradient, not just black or white.

what i find interesting is something i heard a couple of weeks ago. the fastest growing niche of pornography is transsexual movies/pictures. in fact, most people who like the stuff are straight guys. on a gradient with "0" being perfectly straight and "10" being perfectly gay, these guys start at like a 1 or a 2.

the scale applies to being gay, as well. a perfectly gay man will be attracted to the manliest of men. it's the masculine traits that attract them. but other gay guys will prefer petite men who wear make-up and skirts. so they find some feminine traits preferable.

it's all very interesting.

NemesisxAngelus
03-04-08, 17:01
I don't want to be categorized. I'm currently marked as female cause it'll help me get to schools and eventually a job although I could have been marked as a man too.

I wonder, since you're - don't take this offensive - both. Do you have breasts too, or are only your genitalia both? :)

Myself I find myself always wanting to buy men clothes, women clothes disgust me. But I never get the courage to buy it actually, I always search in stores I always tell the clerks "I'm looking for my boyfriend" in fact, I don't have one. But I love most clothes for men, but a sexchange? No thanks, but I have my days I wish I was a guy instead.

@Seb_01225: I wish you good luck with telling your parents. :hug:

Nenya awakens
03-04-08, 17:02
this kind of binary thinking is why you may be confused by the boyfriend's actions. gay to straight is more of a gradient, not just black or white.

what i find interesting is something i heard a couple of weeks ago. the fastest growing niche of pornography is transsexual movies/pictures. in fact, most people who like the stuff are straight guys. on a gradient with "0" being perfectly straight and "10" being perfectly gay, these guys start at like a 1 or a 2.

the scale applies to being gay, as well. a perfectly gay man will be attracted to the manliest of men. it's the masculine traits that attract them. but other gay guys will prefer petite men who wear make-up and skirts. so they find some feminine traits preferable.

it's all very interesting.

You cant generalise that, i'm "VERY" gay and i like all men, no matter how camp or "straight" acting they are

I wouldn't call myself a transvestite but i do go out in various forms,
i'll go clubbing/shopping/parties dressed as a female, and i'll go out dressed as boy me.

Both forms are marc, and both forms are me! i dont feel the need to have to generalise it.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/veronica5464/IMG_0407.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/veronica5464/n500258826_356564_332.jpg
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a303/veronica5464/n500258826_343119_6162.jpg

stereopathic
03-04-08, 17:06
i was talking about NOT generalizing. i was talking about how there is a wide spectrum of sexuality, not just gay or straight.

EgyptianSoul
03-04-08, 17:32
I wonder, since you're - don't take this offensive - both. Do you have breasts too, or are only your genitalia both? :)

I think it's best for me not to reveal all the specifics about my anatomy but I'll say this. I'm medically/biologically male and female. My chromosomes are both and I have both male and female characteristics on me. But I don't have both genitalia since that is impossible. There are some people with genitals that resemble a ***** and a ****** fused together but that kind of genitalia doesn't work, it's deformed. I'll explain more later.

My condition is very rare amongst intersex people.