PDA

View Full Version : THE death stone

Rock
02-04-08, 20:30
i have been planning this game out for a bit now, and it is called the death stone. i am really happy with what I have so far, and I want to keep going. You take Lara on as she goes into Tokyo, and she looks for the ancient Death Stone. You start off with a formal party, then you get down and dirty and have a fight with the Yakuza for the artifact. Lara uses it, but it gets takes away back to its resting place in peru. I have made a walk animation which replaces the run anim in the level. if anyone can help out it would be great!

thecentaur
02-04-08, 20:34
i'm starting to get the feeling that peru and japan [or any other oriental country] are the only two themes that people want to explore. if you're going to make a city of japan, then just keep it simple. if you're making a palace/old ruins of japan, then consult christoph and ask for advice for building temples. i am beginning to also think that oriental temples/fancy level names are just what people focus on when they think orient. play the BTB2006 The Killing fields. That wasn't focused too much on the temple aspect as much as the forest..... just some suggestions

Christi
02-04-08, 23:54
Sounds like TRL...but it sounds fun anyways:p. But why is the title THE death stone? Not to be mean, I'm sorry.

TrKing_Rulz
04-04-08, 12:06
It is sounding nice! Can't wait for this! :)

i'm starting to get the feeling that peru and japan [or any other oriental country]

Yeah, one problem, Peru ain't Oriental. xD But, yes, you are right, it's all people want to build... :(

WhiteTiger
04-04-08, 12:12
Sounds like TRL...but it sounds fun anyways:p. But why is the title THE death stone? Not to be mean, I'm sorry.

So that he can show us how important is THE stone. THE death stone. :p

Spikey
04-04-08, 12:16
I like oriental levels, so people can build as many as they like. :p

Anyway, it sounds very TRL, but I guess if the gameplay is fun and it looks nice, then there shouldn't be any problems. ;) Looking forward to some screenies. :)

Heckler
04-04-08, 18:59
I dont mind peru and japan levels at all....
Everyone is starting to get ticked off with it because the majority of those levels are crap......
But in the end of the day its not about the location... its about how it looks and the entertainment it brings....so good luck with that......
I hope u blow us away with this and please dont cancel....
This is why 'level planning' threads get bashed on.......as soon as u get ur hopes up, the builder claims to have a virus that erased it all..