PDA

View Full Version : It has just occurred to me (TR related)

Endow
03-04-08, 16:20

Rivendell
03-04-08, 16:24
No, but chronologically you could see her interest sparked by events such as her trip with Von Croy, and the adventure for the Philosopher's Stone.

Nothing to point to her specifically wanting to 'collect them' though, nor was there anything before legend that suggested she was an *archaeologist*.

Nenya awakens
03-04-08, 16:24
Your right! she explicitly says she only plays for sport, she finds artifacts for other people but it doesnt mention if she keeps them:confused:

You would think that as everyone she works for turns evil and tries to destroy the world that she might stop offering her services!

Endow
03-04-08, 16:29

Rivendell
03-04-08, 16:30
You would think that as everyone she works for turns evil and tries to destroy the world that she might stop offering her services!

:tmb: :vlol:

"Why do you want this age-old-artifact-of-mystical-power, Ms. Natla?"

"Oh... No reason.. :whi: "

"It wouldn't be so you can rebreed an ancient race and take over the world would it? Because I've had that problem before you know!"

"No no, nothing like that, it just.. looks pretty.."

Edit: Nah, it was always said she was an adventurer who wrote about her trips. I'm fairly certain the closest we got was Von Croy asking 16year old Lara "And you are world-famous archaeologist adventurer Lara Croft yah?"

MiCkiZ88
03-04-08, 16:30
Your right! she explicitly says she only plays for sport, she finds artifacts for other people but it doesnt mention if she keeps them:confused:
Well, she did have an Gallery in TR3 where she had all of the artefacts collected from the two other games, and TRIV's Iris.

But, no. I don't think there was an mention in TR1 that she collects them. Though the game title would suggest that. Tomb Raider. Of course she could have been an Tomb Raider for some client, and she kinda was in the first TR. But went against her. Meh.. I dunno.

Drone
03-04-08, 16:35
I always thought that Lara keeps dagger, ark, scion, iris in her manor not because she wants them as collection but because it's safer if they will be there

McGloomy
03-04-08, 16:49
She has the Ark of Covenant standing in her mansion, so I guess you could call her some kind of "relic hunter". I know it's just an in-joke, but it's an interesting fact nevertheless. :)

knightgames
03-04-08, 19:23
Doesn't the opening cut scene show her reading a magazine with her picture on it? It says something about her capturing a Big Foot?

So I think it's fair to say she's an adventurer. Putting her name so boldly on the front cover shows she has some sort of noteriety, and thus a possible reputation for artifact hunting.

Heck, for all we know Natla had the same magazine and learned about Lara through an article.

Inkheart
03-04-08, 19:48
I always thought that Lara keeps dagger, ark, scion, iris in her manor not because she wants them as collection but because it's safer if they will be there

I support this argument! That's why it's so difficult to get into the room! Well, not for Lara, but I'd like to see Winston to stumble across and then bend under the door.

thecentaur
03-04-08, 20:22
the story got a bit messy when core planned TR1 before TRC. in TRC lara had a sense of adventure and wanted some artifacts, but TR1 said 'play for sport' and whatnot.

AmericanAssassin
03-04-08, 20:36
I always thought that her collecting artifacts was part of the sport she was playing... I don't think she needed to directly say it though. ;)

Endow
03-04-08, 20:44