PDA

View Full Version : Publisher and developer relationships with consumers (that's you folk!)

tlr online
03-04-08, 17:16
Anyone been part of (or heard of) a community campaign with a video-game publisher or developer before?

For example, we would cite our relationship with Eidos and the fine folk on our forum for pooling ideas and suggestions on future Tomb Raider games. Has anyone here had any experience with other publishers or developers where communities have played an important role in the development or promotion of their products?

jamieoliver22
03-04-08, 17:24
I have been part of a few beta's for a number of games, and in that time I have had the chance to input suggestions and ideas. I once beta tested Frontlines: Fuel of War, and during that time a closed forum was set up to allow people to actually talk with the people who were making the game, which was a nice thing.

I have also beta tested World in Conflict and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Soaked! (of which I am in the credits) - which both allowed me to point out bugs (as beta testers do) and such and have an influence on the final outcome of the game.

tlr online
03-04-08, 19:00
Please continue in this duplicate thread here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=123107