PDA

View Full Version : Mental Problem?

Hairhelmet12
04-04-08, 21:43
Well i have is thing were if im sitng somewere thats not up agenst a wall or like theres a door way behind it i feel like theres someone behind me does andy one elc feel that way?:(

LaraLuvrrr
04-04-08, 21:57
Well i have is thing were if im sitng somewere thats not up agenst a wall or like theres a door way behind it i feel like theres someone behind me does andy one elc feel that way?:(

I think thats called paranoia. If its not severe than just change the way you think.

Hairhelmet12
04-04-08, 22:19
I think thats called paranoia. If its not severe than just change the way you think.

Not severe? how would it be severe?!:(

nicola1986
04-04-08, 22:28
Oh I've seen people with pretty bad paranoia. A lot of people I know have it to certain extents even me probably.

I used to have this phase when I was younger and I thought there were hidden cameras in my house so I didn't do anything I thought would be embarrassing, too much Big Brother I guess :D

Seb_01225
04-04-08, 22:34
paranoia alert paranoia alert paranoia alert

Larson_1988
04-04-08, 22:41
^

What was the point with such a discraceful comment? Hairhelmet12 asked an honest question and probably does not want such responses.

nicola1986
04-04-08, 22:52
It took me a long time to get over that thought that there were cameras around my house (lol I know).

It all about changing the way you think like someone else suggested, I have to do a similar thing with my anxiety; I always question myself on those feelings e.g.

'What are the chances that there is someone behind me at this moment? And out of that percentage, what are the chances that the person is going to do something frightful or harmful to me in any way?' And when you think about it like that the chances are really quite slim.

And also a good thing that helps me is to remember that you've felt like that before and there was no one there/nothing bad happened those times and the next time is no different from then.

I don't know if these will work but it's all worth a try :)

JamesFKirk
04-04-08, 23:47
I don't know why, I usually get a "being stalked" feeling when in dark quiet areas (like if I stay up for long and go to the kitchen for a drink...Silly, I know :D ). I basicly think it's just my imagination playing tricks on me.

LaraLuvrrr
04-04-08, 23:56
Not severe? how would it be severe?!:(

Its severe if you have paranoid thoughts alot throughout the day. And/or if they keep you from living normally because they prevent you from doings things or take up alot of your time. If you only have thoughts once in awhile of someone being behind you then its not severe and you just have to talk to yourself and rationalize "why do I think there is something behind me all the time?" And tell yourself "because it is my mind playing games I'm safe and nothing is behind me there is no need to worry." Talk to yourself when you get anxious and paranoid and try to step out of your mind's processing and think hmmm does this make sense what I am thinking? No it doesnt. Dont allow your thoughts to control you! Because if you do you will be a prisoner of your own mind. Try to think as if you were looking at yourself. And you see someone who is always looking around being paranoid. You know there is nothing there it is just paranoia so allow yourself to relax and slowly let that thought disappear. Over time you're gonna notice wow I stopped thinking there is someone behind me because I realized that there never is anyone behind me!

LaraLuvrrr
04-04-08, 23:59
And also remember that fear is non-existent. Fear has no existence whatsoever. Its when you allow fear to become reality that it becomes real and controls you. So treat the fears that you know are keeping you from living how you want as something that is false. They are pure illusion. Once you dont succumb to fear it disappears completely. :D

Neteru
05-04-08, 00:05
LaraLuvrrr, please make use of the edit button to add commentary, rather than double posting.

Hairhelmet12
05-04-08, 00:25
It took me a long time to get over that thought that there were cameras around my house (lol I know).

It all about changing the way you think like someone else suggested, I have to do a similar thing with my anxiety; I always question myself on those feelings e.g.

'What are the chances that there is someone behind me at this moment? And out of that percentage, what are the chances that the person is going to do something frightful or harmful to me in any way?' And when you think about it like that the chances are really quite slim.

And also a good thing that helps me is to remember that you've felt like that before and there was no one there/nothing bad happened those times and the next time is no different from then.

I don't know if these will work but it's all worth a try :)

Thats how i feel like there are cameras in my house and im being watched

thanks for the advise im ganna try o get over it

I don't know why, I usually get a "being stalked" feeling when in dark quiet areas (like if I stay up for long and go to the kitchen for a drink...Silly, I know :D ). I basicly think it's just my imagination playing tricks on me.

YES! that is exaxtly how i feel as if there is someone in the closet if its cracked a little and when i go to sleep i think that someone is under my bed or there behind me awaiting for me to turn around and thay knock me out...:(

and sometimes it does prevent me from going up stairs in my room and playing tomb raider cus i feel like someones waitingaround the corner for me

its so scary!:(

Gregori
05-04-08, 02:02
You don't have a mental problem. This is just basic human psychology. We're pretty much hardwired to make sure some one doesn't sneak up behind us. This would have been a fairly real threat in our evolutionary history, and horror films always play upon this fear because its shared by nearly everyone

You will notice that most people entering a room will sit so that they are facing a doorway or an exit, with their back covered. Even look at how people getting on a bus choose their seats! There whole complex psychology to the choices they make.