PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have TombViewer by Jim Valavanis? (Not TRViewer by evpopov)

ReeceMix
04-04-08, 22:30
I used to have every TRLE Program that was available for download, but due to my constant TRLE Nightmares I kept deleting everything and then downloading it all again and starting over.

One of the few programs I dont have is 'Tomb Viewer - By Jim Valavanis' This program was greatly overlooked

http://www.aspidetr.com/images/trle/tools/3d_tombviewer/tombviewer.jpg

Its a pretty cool program that lets you view TR Levels in 3D as if your flying through the level inside it.

www.aspidetr.com 's download link is broken and Jims geocites website is also down , if someone has it on their computer , can you let me know , thnx x

New_Raider
04-04-08, 23:52
I used to have every TRLE Program that was available for download, but due to my constant TRLE Nightmares I kept deleting everything and then downloading it all again and starting over.

One of the few programs I dont have is 'Tomb Viewer - By Jim Valavanis' This program was greatly overlooked

http://www.aspidetr.com/images/trle/tools/3d_tombviewer/tombviewer.jpg

Its a pretty cool program that lets you view TR Levels in 3D as if your flying through the level inside it.

www.aspidetr.com 's download link is broken and Jims geocites website is also down , if someone has it on their computer , can you let me know , thnx x
Isn't that kind of link Bink (current version 1.9e) and Smacker by Radgametools (formally known as FMV Cut Scene Viewer)?

In case you didn't know, Tomb Viewer is based on Apple's Quicktime3D 360 technology, and is not free anymore.
May be working with Kodak and/or HP.

ReeceMix
05-04-08, 00:07
Isn't that kind of link Bink (current version 1.9e) and Smacker by Radgametools (formally known as FMV Cut Scene Viewer)?

In case you didn't know, Tomb Viewer is based on Apple's Quicktime3D 360 technology, and is not free anymore.
May be working with Kodak and/or HP.

I have no idea what your talking about, TombViwer was a standalone program released in 27-6-2004.

If anyone has it on their computer or knows of a place its been uploaded too , please let me know

McRaider
05-04-08, 00:14
Hi,check your mail,I send a MP whit lynk to download...

ReeceMix
05-04-08, 00:15
Thanks to McRaider for sending me the link !
http://www.geocities.com/jimmyvalavanis/applications/tombviewer.html

when i googled earlier it showed his geocites site as being down , maybe this was an alternate site or a temporary problem with geocites
anyway check it out its a cool prog

New_Raider
05-04-08, 00:52
I have no idea what your talking about, TombViwer was a standalone program released in 27-6-2004.

If anyone has it on their computer or knows of a place its been uploaded too , please let me know
Sorry, I must be thinking of another program.
It's meant for photographers who want that 360 surrounding scenery look (can run with Flash or Java).
You can drag the scene in 3 dimensions and click on prompts to magnify a certain area, or go inside a building by a clickable door prompt.

Good for game building.

aktrekker
05-04-08, 05:59
I didn't realize we had learned enough about the TRC files in Chronicles to be able to do this. Has this information been shared with the community?

ReeceMix
05-04-08, 11:32
I didn't realize we had learned enough about the TRC files in Chronicles to be able to do this. Has this information been shared with the community?

I have no idea, I assume that fexinspect and flooredit and rviewer work in the same way, I'd email Jim and ask him.

I was using this project to explore a custom level, but I really need to see how the rooms were joined together but fexinspect and flooredit and rviewer, only show whats been textured it doesnt show the whole room geometry and tr2prj crashes when I try to rip it :(