PDA

View Full Version : Snow in April

digitizedboy
06-04-08, 04:45
I just wonder if anyone has had snow in spring? Never happened to me, not in spring, not in Britain. :s

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4526/snowwwwwrw3.jpg

Mr.Burns
06-04-08, 04:46
It's not unusual where I live. We have a prolonged winter due to the jet stream passing over the great lakes. I think it even snowed once in May.

FYI: you're picture isn't coming up. I'd also suggest editing the title since it seems to be censored.

Tomb-Raider
06-04-08, 05:03
It's not unusual where I live. We have a prolonged winter due to the jet stream passing over the great lakes. I think it even snowed once in May.

FYI: you're picture isn't coming up. I'd also suggest editing the title since it seems to be censored.

I've heard of snowing in August. :ohn:

Shrantellatessa
06-04-08, 05:04
I can't see the pic. Anyway, don't be surprised: first, coz it's global warming so weather disturbances are getting quite frequent and normal (snow in Saudi Arabia and Tornado in Oman, soon we'll get a heat wave in Alaska); and second, coz it snowed once here (in the city where I study, two years ago) on the 15th of May, meaning 15 days before June/summer! So don't worry ;) for now...

Neteru
06-04-08, 05:18
I just wonder if anyone has had snow in spring? Never happened to me, not in spring, not in Britain. :s

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4526/snowwwwwrw3.jpgI've known it to snow in June before.

jamieoliver22
06-04-08, 07:46
It's white over now here, and yeah it does tend to snow at random times for us (April/May/June). Seasons have gone right messed up lately, they don't mean anything anymore.

Elysia
06-04-08, 08:21
If it's going to snow in the UK, it more often than not snows in March of April, contrary to popular belief. I myself have only known it to snow December / January a couple of times, whereas we've had snow in March / April 3 or 4 times (in the last 30 years, anyway)

:jmp: It's all white! :D My cats don't know what to make of it - they keep wanting to go out, and then run back in two seconds later... :D Love the snow...

Nannonxyay
06-04-08, 08:37
I live in the South East of england, and It's snowed quite a bit over here. Shame it didn't wait until tommorow, I would have got me a day off school. :vlol: Hope it snows again though, fingers crossed. :D

zappo3000
06-04-08, 08:39
it just snowed really heavy where i am. hasnt done that for about 7 years

Elysia
06-04-08, 08:41
I live in the South East of england, and It's snowed quite a bit over here. Shame it didn't wait until tommorow, I would have got me a day off school. :vlol: Hope it snows again though, fingers crossed. :D
I'm in that part of the world, too (more south than east, though)... aren't you on holiday next week? We are - our two week 'easter' holiday started yesterday.

Nannonxyay
06-04-08, 08:45
I'm in that part of the world, too (more south than east, though)... aren't you on holiday next week? We are - our two week 'easter' holiday started yesterday.

This is the last day of my two week holiday. :vlol: Well two and a half.

demonslayer
06-04-08, 08:53
woo its snowing here, im in london and its like a blanket xD :D and start of my 2 weeks off school xD

Nannonxyay
06-04-08, 08:59
woo its snowing here, im in london and its like a blanket xD :D and start of my 2 weeks off school xD

Lucky. :vlol:

Beanz
06-04-08, 09:24
Man this is wierd, it hasn't snowed (properly) for about 10-11 years here in Portsmouth, and now it is :eek: :D.

Elysia
06-04-08, 09:30
Man this is wierd, it hasn't snowed (properly) for about 10-11 years here in Portsmouth, and now it is :eek: :D.
I remember the last time it snowed properly here - I was living in Southsea and at University, and so we spent a thoroughly mature day down on the Common, making snowmen and throwing snowballs at each other... :D

Seems to have stopped now. Bah. Snow again, damn you! Snow rules!

Geck-o-Lizard
06-04-08, 09:35
We got a very very light dusting... only enough to make the flowerbeds look like they've got dandruff.

Archetype
06-04-08, 10:02
Still going here in sussex! got about 4 inches of it where i live.

Inkheart
06-04-08, 10:09
Still going here in Kent as well, but I am on top of a hill. It's always worse where I live. Massive great big flakes! What amazes me most is the sky - it's a big block of grey that tells me that there's more coming! :jmp: Hehe, another excuse to stay indoors and do bugger all! Like I needed another one . . . :D *digs into the DVD collection*

Rivendell
06-04-08, 10:13
Where I live, this is the third year in a row that it's snowed in April :D

Archetype
06-04-08, 10:28
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/9025/img0074yl2.jpg

Beanz
06-04-08, 10:29
I remember the last time it snowed properly here - I was living in Southsea and at University, and so we spent a thoroughly mature day down on the Common, making snowmen and throwing snowballs at each other... :D

Seems to have stopped now. Bah. Snow again, damn you! Snow rules!

Hell Yeah! :D Fingers crossed for tomorrow:D.

findme
06-04-08, 10:50
The snow melted VERY quickly though even though the sun isn't out, all the snow on the non grass areas are pretty much all gone. I wished it snowed later or that it didnt melt so fast, this is the first snow day that I've stayed in. -_-

Didn't it snow at this time of the year 3 years ago anyway? It wasn't heavy as this though, but I remember that it did.

EDIT: Just checked BBC, sleet tomorrow and snow showers (heavier than today) on tuesday!

Nannonxyay
06-04-08, 11:06
The snow melted VERY quickly though even though the sun isn't out, all the snow on the non grass areas are pretty much all gone. I wished it snowed later or that it didnt melt so fast, this is the first snow day that I've stayed in. -_-

Didn't it snow at this time of the year 3 years ago anyway? It wasn't heavy as this though, but I remember that it did.

EDIT: Just checked BBC, sleet tomorrow and snow showers (heavier than today) on tuesday!

:jmp: :yah: That might mean a snow day for me! Yes! :D

jarhead
06-04-08, 11:32
[/b]

:jmp: :yah: That might mean a snow day for me! Yes! :D

LMAO. Sleet is snow in this part of the world. In Essex we rarely get ny decent snow, its usually sleet/snow quickly turning to smush on the side of the pavement.

Despite this, the roofs were white this morning , and although its mainly melted, its still falling lightly.

Laurencarter
06-04-08, 11:51
I snowed a few years ago in the middle of the summer here.

MiCkiZ88
06-04-08, 12:31
The snow up here is melting fast and the weather is rather warm considering it's only the start of April.

RAID
06-04-08, 12:34
I envy you guys. We never get snow here...Just bloody rain and strong wind. If it's not raining and blowing savagely, we get flash burning sun...

Domino
06-04-08, 12:35
The snow's actually setting here in Maidstone! Hurrah!

Orionvalentine
06-04-08, 12:37
Got a bit of snow last night, yup, I live in Britain.

:p There is the cutest little icicle above my bedroom window, he used to be a drip....lol

touchthesky
06-04-08, 13:02
It's snow here in bonnie banff.

glitterpaws
06-04-08, 13:07
It snowed in London today, in the early morning hours:D

Tina Croft
06-04-08, 13:30
we had snow in march. even still after spring began. but no longer now.

nicola1986
06-04-08, 13:34
It snowed here heavily last night and now it's snowing here again, apparently it's happened here before but I can't remember, it's so cool :D

Mister_Creazil
06-04-08, 13:46

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4526/snowwwwwrw3.jpg

My garden was like that this morning. I live in England, Birmingham. It's Spring and I was a bit "WTF?" when I saw it.

findme
06-04-08, 16:43
I really hope the snow actually settles on tuesday and snows at a later time.

Nannonxyay
06-04-08, 16:51
I hope it snows again tonight, all the snow has cleared up. *Crosses fingers* :D

Valixia
06-04-08, 16:56
We had heavy snow here this morning too, and it started snowing again about 10 minutes ago. I don't want it to snow again really, it's killing all the flowers and such. :/

jackles
06-04-08, 17:00
It's all a bit Narnia isn't it...all in one day of course...first we had winter, then a thaw and then glorious sunshine!

:) ah The British weather...*wipes tear away* makes you feel all emotional! ;)

Seb_01225
06-04-08, 17:25
i hate snow
snowed today and i hated every second of it.

demonslayer
06-04-08, 17:39
all the snow has melted where i live :(

Ada the Mental
06-04-08, 17:41
It snowed around february here for a couple of days, but I didn't get to enjoy it as I was in a very bad mood and spent most of my time moping and watching TV...:p
And we have an unusual weather for this time of the year...There's rain, a bit of sunshine for a day or so and rain again!!!It annoys me...

Margot*Croft
06-04-08, 17:42
We barely see snow once in 3 years in my city, but last March we saw something white and cold falling from the sky^^ It didn't last more than 5 minutes anyway :(

demonslayer
06-04-08, 17:53
i tell you what the weather in this country is a joke, it was bright and sunny on friday, and today it was like the middle of winter

this was at 7:52 AM

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/demon-slayer-91/0752before.jpg

and this was at 6:34 PM

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/demon-slayer-91/1834after.jpg

these pics were taken from my bedroom window today.

Margot*Croft
06-04-08, 17:54
It looks like a 'Xmas card!^^

demonslayer
06-04-08, 17:55
lool i could start my own postcard business...

Margot*Croft
06-04-08, 18:00
Indeed ;)
The news today have talked a lot about the snow in the UK!! They're doing it right now as well!

demonslayer
06-04-08, 18:01
really? what channel?

Margot*Croft
06-04-08, 18:05
I'm talking about Italian news ;) it seems as it actually was a mostly unusual event!

tlr online
06-04-08, 18:08
Snowed here in Brighton today. A couple of times.

demonslayer
06-04-08, 18:08
oh lol okay. where about in brighton do you live ?

Gianni Bartoli
06-04-08, 18:35
If it's going to snow in the UK, it more often than not snows in March of April, contrary to popular belief. I myself have only known it to snow December / January a couple of times, whereas we've had snow in March / April 3 or 4 times (in the last 30 years, anyway)

:jmp: It's all white! :D My cats don't know what to make of it - they keep wanting to go out, and then run back in two seconds later... :D Love the snow...

I was scared that my cat would not like the cold, so I opened the back door to let him in - and there he was rolling around in the snow! :confused: :o

touchthesky
06-04-08, 18:42
Here is our snow;

http://i26.************/sbiu6t.jpg

Margot*Croft
06-04-08, 18:43
I was scared that my cat would not like the cold, so I opened the back door to let him in - and there he was rolling around in the snow! :confused: :o

Ooooh cute kitty was having lots of fun (I luv cats^^!)!!
Very nice pic touchthesky ... those whirlwinds make me feel cold!

touchthesky
06-04-08, 18:45
^:).

Our dogs love the snow. They are Lhasa Apso's so it's probably to be expected. They run in it and chase the snow about after they kick it up in the air.

star-dust
06-04-08, 19:49
Where I live the snow usually stops around the middle of February... but ever since it has turned to Spring we've had snow. It doesn't stick though. It just comes down really hard for about an hour and then stops...:rolleyes:

Eddie Haskell
06-04-08, 20:16
Normally here in Chitown we get our last real snow in late March. Then it is usually over until sometime in November.

Back in 1975 when I was a sophomore in HS we took a field trip to the Museum of Science and Industry on April 5. It started snowing in the morning on the bus ride there, and than in the subsequent 5 hours we spent in there piled up at an enormous rate outside. In Chicago we get what is known as lake effect snow when the wind is blowing from the east off of Lake Michigan(which it rarely does) and the temperature and humidity is just right.

My friend and I separated ourselves from the group and wandered the museum on our own. We hadn't realized that hours later the group had left already on the bus (one of my "friends" called out "Here" when our names were announced), and therefore were stranded a long way from home and I might add penniless. The traffic was not moving on Lake Shore Drive, and our hopes of getting home soon were not good. The blizzard was relentless, snow was coming down so thick that one could barely see 30' in front of them.

I decided that we should walk the 57 blocks down LSD to get downtown where we could then catch an "El" train back home (by catch I mean jump the turnstiles). I was wearing a winter parka and boots, my friend a light baseball jacket and gym shoes. We managed to get about 15 blocks when my friend asked me if we could trade jackets. I simply quoted the Boy Scout motto and moved on. Another 5 blocks and he had had enough and decided to turn and head back to the warm museum.

Fortunately a passing car heading south (A VW beetle with a real hippie driver) gave us a lift back. Arriving at the museum I called my mother and she said "good luck, there's no way I can help you", but she did call the museum and told them to give my friend and I bus fare which they did. We waited and waited for a bus, but since one could walk faster than the traffic was moving it seemed that we were going to be spending the night in the museum (hmmm, that would make a pretty good movie title).

Just then my friend runs out the front doors and makes a beeline to a cab that just pulled up. I follow and we both pile in the back seat. He says where to, and I give him the address. He says "You've ****ing got to be bull****ting me", but than proceeds to pull out and head towards LSD. It took us a half-hour to travel the 150' or so from the frontage street to LSD, that's how awful it was. Btw, we left the school at 8:30AM, and it was 4PM already. It took about 3 hours to go from the museum to Ohio Street and the Kennedy Espressway. He got stuck about 5 times and we had to push him out. Cars were abandoned on the expressway, you had to drive around them and hope that you did not get stuck.

Eventually we reached our turn off, and he made it up the ramp at high speed. Now we had to make our way through car-clogged streets to travel the final 8 blocks or so. We turned down a side street and were then boxed in by cars in front and back. I volunteered to run home and get his dough (obviously we didn't have the $27 fee, and back then that was a fortune!). He made my friend stay as hostage and I trudged through ass high snow all the way home. When I got in the door, it was 10:45PM. My mother did not have the cash and wrote a check to give to the cab driver. My younger brother ran it back to rescue my friend.

The school got hell for this, and the teacher was severely reprimanded. But you know, I wouldn't trade that memory for anything...;)

Nenya awakens
06-04-08, 20:35
I was working till 5am this morning, and then i went upstairs with my friend to have a few drinks once we had finished, and the snow was coming down so heavily, and the snowflakes were huge!!
when i finally decided to leave at about 11am i had to walk back through the snow and i nearly froze, It's unsual for snow to settle in london but it did!!!
It's still on the cars outside now!! :)

I love the snow, it's such a rare occasion to see it, me and peter just sat by the window watching the snow, drinking wine, and 5.30 am!! haah

If we wernt best friends it would have been romantic :)

TombRaiderLover
06-04-08, 20:47
I was watching snow fall at about half 2 this morning whilst I was watching a film. :p I got excited and woke my sister, but she just went back to sleep. :confused:

tr_mitch
06-04-08, 21:12
Dunno what has been cracking off with the weather today, one minute its like a blizzard outside and then the next clear blue skies and sun.
I just don't get it. :(

Tina Croft
07-04-08, 15:03
it has been snowing today again! but now the sun is shining. really weird weather all over the world i guess.

Drone
07-04-08, 15:05
no snow in April here :)

nicola1986
07-04-08, 15:16
It so weird 'cos when the suns out it's pretty warm and a few minutes later there's hail or snow so I can't seem to dress appropriately at the moment, I'm either too hot or too cold :D