PDA

View Full Version : Support Not Shoping At Wal-mart!

Hairhelmet12
07-04-08, 22:41
Hey guys please read.

If you're down for a 5-10 minute project, I ask...
(more)
Added: March 26, 2008
If you're down for a 5-10 minute project, I ask you send the following to everyone you know in your email address book, myspace page, facebook page/group, twitter ect:
-------------------------------
If you have not already heard, Walmart has decided to take $470,000 from Debbie Shank, a 52 year old mother of three (One of her sons recently died in Iraq), who was involved in a terrible car accident crippling her short term memory, leaving her in a wheelchair, and in a nursing home.

Because of the fine print of Walmarts health insurance plan, since Debbie was involved in a car accident and was awarded the money to take care of the tragic aftermath, they are entitled to take all the money that was supposed to go to taking care of Debbie.

THEY ACTUALLY WANT $470,000 from this handicapped woman in a wheelchair, who needs it to be taken care of in the future. This coming from a company that made $90 billion last quarter...

Here is the link to the full story:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/25/walm...

I'm asking for you to stop buying from Walmart, and to pass on this story and link to everyone you know.

gFa1YMEJFag

Christi
07-04-08, 22:43
I SALUTE YOU!!:hug:

I hate wal-mart. there is always a screaming kid there! And they claim to have low prices, b ut they arent any different than anyone else! And that woman does not diserve that treatment!!!!!!!

Sweets
07-04-08, 22:55
I disagree about them having the same prices as everyone else. Around here alot of stores like Martins grocery and Food Lion have higher prices on ALOT of items you can get at Wal-Mart cheaper.

What I hate about Wal-Mart is the rude customers and the stupid way they bag your items. I also hate the way they treat their employees, and this story does not surprise me at all. Its a shame that her and her family have to go through this.

jarhead
07-04-08, 22:55
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/law/04/02/walmart.decision/index.html

Apparently she doesnt have to pay any of the money. Such unfair treatment surely they could have seen past money from the beginning.

aussie500
08-04-08, 00:32
Considering Wal-mart did pay the money to take care of her, and she did receive money for that care in the settlement, l do not see how it was unreasonable to expect some reimbursement of their costs. Of course since she did not actually receive that much money perhaps they were asking a bit much. l would be asking how come more than half the settlement went in legal costs, surely lawyers are not that expensive, and these do not seem to have got a big enough settlement, poor woman was robbed.

SamReeves
08-04-08, 00:37
As they say read before you sign.

Hairhelmet12
08-04-08, 00:43
Considering Wal-mart did pay the money to take care of her, and she did receive money for that care in the settlement, l do not see how it was unreasonable to expect some reimbursement of their costs. Of course since she did not actually receive that much money perhaps they were asking a bit much. l would be asking how come more than half the settlement went in legal costs, surely lawyers are not that expensive, and these do not seem to have got a big enough settlement, poor woman was robbed.

Yes thats what im trying to say! thats exactily it!
that poor women:(

As they say read before you sign.

jeez cut the women a brake when my mom worked at walmart she never had to sign anything i think that how thay get you. i ont think the poor women had the slightest idea that this would happen eather

ajrich17901
08-04-08, 00:46
Its wrong what they did but, walmart is still cheap i dont think i could stop shoppin there, dont get me wrong i feel bad for the woman but..i dunno

Bullethail
08-04-08, 01:12
Hate to sound cynical, but I can't say I agree. You can't really ecpect them to say, "oh, it's alright... you're obviously handicapped, so we'll just let you keep your money and go." I mean, it's horrible to see happening, but there's no way they can say who does and does not pay. Still, glad to see she got her money...

Lenochka
08-04-08, 01:25
Wal-mart is gross, I don't plan on going there anytime soon. With there sticky ass floors and ghetto woman fighting over babies! (I have literally seen a woman pulling on some other womans weave in the cereal isle while the baby cried off to the side in the cart!). This whole deal is just one more reason not to support that place.

Sweets
08-04-08, 01:30
Lol I've seen some characters in Wal-Mart before let me tell ya. And what is with people not getting dressed anymore to go to the store?

Back on Topic-
Wal-Mart as a company is dirty. Plain and Simple.

Quasimodo
08-04-08, 01:34
Wal-mart is gross, I don't plan on going there anytime soon. With there sticky ass floors and ghetto woman fighting over babies! (I have literally seen a woman pulling on some other womans weave in the cereal isle while the baby cried off to the side in the cart!). This whole deal is just one more reason not to support that place.

It varies from store to store. The ru-burban ones ain't so bad, but the ones in my neighborhood consist of a huge baby department and electronics department and everything else besides is mediocre-bordering-on-why bother.

It's terrible what happened to Debbie Shank.:(

Tidus
08-04-08, 01:41
I don't plan on shopping at Wal-Mart (or as i like calling it, Volde-Mart) any time soon; their corporate practices are disgusting. It doesnt matter who signed what, the fact is Wal-mart had the audacity and ruthlessness to pursue the money. This incident is the tip of the ice-berg. Their treatment of their employees and dealings with overseas subcontracted factories are enough to curl the blood. I refuse to give my money to a rutheless, power hungry industry that thrives off human suffering. :D

aquaflute
08-04-08, 03:10
While I see Wal-mart has their mistakes and greediness. I don't see why other stores are different. It's all for money in the end and Wal-mart just took it one step further than most other stores or companies.

I may be wrong on this but even if Wal-mart indeed is the most evil thing in the world I can't stop shopping there since I have no car and Wal-mart is only 5 minutes away.
That's right I'm not that kind of person that will sacrifice for greater good. I salute you guys but I'm just selfish:(

cococomics_pres
08-04-08, 03:32
While I see Wal-mart has their mistakes and greediness. I don't see why other stores are different. It's all for money in the end and Wal-mart just took it one step further than most other stores or companies.

I for one agree with you. Any industry is, in the end, about money. A horrible example like this one doesn't mean that Wal-Mart is out to specifically hurt people, they just want all the money they can get.