PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Easter-eggs?

stranger1992
08-04-08, 14:59
:wve:

I heard of Tomb raider easter eggs in the various games but I have never really seen any (apart from the ones in the Tr3 gold forum).

Could you all post pics of ones oyu think are easter eggs or subtle nods to things; it will be very interesting for me and for others perhaps. :D

Mad Tony
08-04-08, 15:00
There's one in TR IV of a skeleton with an Indiana Jones hat. Haven't got a picture though.

Minty Mouth
08-04-08, 15:01
I thought you were talking about chocolate eggs! :p

Well one easter egg is the Natla Crates in Legend...

stranger1992
08-04-08, 15:03
Dont worry, next time i come down to Grimsby i shall remember to track u down and to give you an egg. :D

Any more? :)

EDIT: I know of the arc of the covenant in tr1 because of tony gards god awful and almost Zip/Alistair level of annoyance in his commentries. That said they were insightful but don't go playing the game seriously with them on.

Rivendell
08-04-08, 15:03
Some off the top of my head:

TR1's Ark of the Covenant looks just like the one from Indy
TR2's secret basement shows a statue from the temples of TR1/TR1 gold
TR3's treasure room shows the Scion fragments and the Dagger of Xian
TR4's Indy skeleton as MT said
legend's Natla crates
TR:A's mansion books talk about the dagger of Xian, the maria doria, the meteorite artifacts, atlantis- and a couple more too I think.

Minty Mouth
08-04-08, 15:07
Dont worry, next time i come down to Grimsby i shall remember to track u down and to give you an egg. :D

Ill look forward to it :p :D

Margot*Croft
08-04-08, 15:11
So I was not dreaming!!! About Natla's boxes in TRL I mean! Now I see, it was an easter egg!! :tmb:

Drone
08-04-08, 15:16
TR3's treasure room shows the Scion fragments and the Dagger of Xian
+ Iris

Jo269976
08-04-08, 15:45
^

& T-Rex head

Mytly
08-04-08, 19:24
In one of the FMVs of TRC, when Winston is showing the other two men into Lara's trophy room, one of them asks Winston if he is going to do the acrobatics in order to enter. Clearly a reference to how Lara enters the trophy room in the TR3 mansion. ;)

TR2's secret basement shows a statue from the temples of TR1/TR1 gold
The same statue is in the pool room in TR3.

TR:A's mansion books talk about the dagger of Xian, the maria doria, the meteorite artifacts, atlantis- and a couple more too I think.
Angkor Wat and Charles Kane. Also one book mentions Tibetan philosophy which could be a nod to the Tibetan levels of TR2.

Drone
08-04-08, 19:27
^

& T-Rex head

aah yeah that one too. But I'm not 100% sure was that trex from tr 1 or 3 :confused:

Punaxe
08-04-08, 20:10
I've made a thread about this particular thing a long time ago, and I'm not entirely sure what to think of it but I guess it could be considered an easter egg:

http://files.noctifer.net/doomtombraider.jpg

Tyrannosaurus
08-04-08, 20:40
What about the naked woman on the back of Pierre's jacket? Was that supposed to be a reference to anything?

Also, I know the TRII script (check Stella's site for details) contains some obscure references to British pop culture.

zappo3000
08-04-08, 20:43
is anyone else absolutely fascinated by easter eggs?

cococomics_pres
08-04-08, 20:46
Don't forget the copies of "Crypt Raider" in Renne's Pawnshop, courtesy AOD!

jamieoliver22
08-04-08, 20:47
is anyone else absolutely fascinated by easter eggs?

I am, I love easter eggs in games and applications, it is always nice to see that the developers have decided to add secret things for us to find :D

www.eeggs.com (http://www.eeggs.com) has a list of loads of them.

Sir Croft
08-04-08, 22:27
In TR3, if you go to Lara's Home and change the game CD for a Duke Nukem one, you will hear Duke talking to Lara. :)
It only work on PS1, I guess.

stranger1992
08-04-08, 23:43
does he say "Say Cheese"? Because I found that when i put my tr2 Cd in my ps3 and rippped the audio off it.