PDA

View Full Version : Rock of Love with Bret Michaels

Sweets
09-04-08, 00:28
Anyone else watch this show? It's a guilty pleasure for me. Season 2 is nearing the end and there have been some interesting girls this season.

I prefer Rock of Love to Flavor of Love because I can't stand Flav, can't stand his voice, can't stand looking at him. The thing with Bret Michaels is that he thinks he is still some big rock star. I mean he has an okay voice but it is more suited for Country music IMO than rock, and Poison wasn't as big as some of the other 80's glam metal/hair metal bands.

I'm not going to post any spoilers here but others are welcome to. Discuss the show here:)

cococomics_pres
09-04-08, 01:12
I used to like Flavor of Love, but I can't stand Rock of Love.
Also the reason I don't like Flavor of Love anymore is the same reason as you. Flavor Flav looks/sounds disgusting, can't take it! Bret Michaels just seems annoying to me, so I opt out! :D

One show like this that I loved and never missed and episode of is "I love new york" because.. Let's face it, I love Newyork!

Lenochka
09-04-08, 01:12
LOVE all the VH1 "lets let has-beens find love!" shows! :jmp:

I want Daisy to win :) She has put up with so much crap lately.

I myself like the flavor of love more... since it started this whole thing in a way, and plus the characters are far more memorable.

Sweets
09-04-08, 01:15
Daisy is cute, I'm rooting for her too. I'm so glad Bret elminated Megan. Couldn't stand her at all and her snobby attitude, and Destiny was trashy so I'm glad she is gone too.

Lenochka
09-04-08, 01:36
OMG, I know!
Megan was an annoying little ***** and Destiny had issues with sympathy, She would always feel bad for the wrong person in any situation and then kick the person who was already down. Poor Kristy-Joe was being attacked episode after episode until she just couldn't take it anymore, the only reason they did that to her is because she had an actual connection with Bret beyond shaking an ass in his face.

Sweets
09-04-08, 01:44
I wonder if whoever he picks it coincidently doesn't work out and there will be a RoL 3?

Lenochka
09-04-08, 02:00
Most likely, Bret is totally in it for the money.

Flav on the other hand actually found something with deelishis but it turned out she was only there to get her name out there to make a jeans line for woman with huge asses =/ He didn't even want to do season 3, but he already spent the money he got in advance from the season so he had to. He already has a woman at home who he got pregnant apparently.

Angel666
09-04-08, 03:27
Bret Micheals should be ashamed of himself.

Sweets
09-04-08, 04:03
Why is that Angel666?

laralives
09-04-08, 04:15
Daisy did win! :D I'm so happy! :D I wanted her to win since the beginning! But is she really related to Oscar De La Hoya? :confused:

Sweets
09-04-08, 04:16
How do you know Daisy won?

Angel666
09-04-08, 04:17
I just think the show is disgusting drek. Obviously he's in it for the money and doesn't really expect to find "true love". The show really, imo, has no value. It's a bunch of half naked chicks humiliating themselves on national tv for a "rock star". It's just a waste of space. But, that's just my opinion and he's making millions of dollars so, I guess, it's just going to continue for endless seasons and rot our brains. I hate Flavor of Love as well, but, I have to give him some credit for being the first and Tila Tequila took it in a new direction so, good for her. I just find Rock of Love unoriginal and slightly exploitative. I almost started dry heaving when I saw the commercial for Mi Amore or whatever the show is called with the Italian guy from Tila Tequila's version. Can it get any worse? Honestly?

Sweets
09-04-08, 04:18
Yeah I don't like the concept of women drooling over the chance to date a "rockstar" or the like. But I watch anyway :vlol:

laralives
09-04-08, 04:18
Haha! :vlol: I had a feeling lol, nope apparently I misread Wikipedia! xD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_of_Love_with_Bret_Michaels_%28Season_2%29

KC Mraz
09-04-08, 06:00
I watch it.
ROL1 (Heather is the best!! :p) almost end in VH1 Latinamerica (I already know who won, dont worry), but I don't know when ROL2 start airing. After ROL1 ends, the most probable is that we'll get I Love New York 2 or Flavor of Love 3.

We're so late in the VH1 realities :( (the only one I can remember that was aired here at the same time that the US was The Surreal Life Fame Games, and it had like a 2 weeks of difference).

Lenochka
09-04-08, 14:47
I watch it.
ROL1 (Heather is the best!! :p) almost end in VH1 Latinamerica

Whatever :p Jes is the best :3
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/otaku_tatu/teamjesoriginal.jpg

ihatecold17
09-04-08, 19:40
Most likely, Bret is totally in it for the money.

Flav on the other hand actually found something with deelishis but it turned out she was only there to get her name out there to make a jeans line for woman with huge asses =/

Deelishis said Flav actually left her and was just in it for tv. I think she just took a chance with her 'fame'

domina
09-04-08, 22:17
Yeah, I love Rock of Love. :o It's definitely a guilty pleasure.

I don't think either Brett or the girls lie to themselves about what it is. It's obviously scripted to an extent, and yeah, it's about money and publicity. If any of these people were seriously considering looking for true love, they wouldn't be doing it on TV with a washed-out "rock star." Jesus, they all claim to love him, but he basically has free reign to cheat on all of 'em with one another. It is what it is.

Flavor of Love I couldn't do. Flavor Flav is just... Ew. I don't find Michaels attractive, but I'm not repulsed by him either.

Side note 'cause I saw that picture of Jes... She was gorgeous! She's like one of five girls from both seasons combined that I actually think is attractive and not obnoxious. But good for Brett? Nah. He really should have gone with Heather. Maybe the writers thought that would have been too predictable. Although they're clearly still having... relations.

Lenochka
10-04-08, 03:10
Deelishis said Flav actually left her and was just in it for tv. I think she just took a chance with her 'fame'

Flav said deelishis left him to pursue her own singing career and to make jeans... And they both said it just didn't work out together on the reunion show, oh what to believe!? xD

ihatecold17
10-04-08, 04:02
Flav said deelishis left him to pursue her own singing career and to make jeans... And they both said it just didn't work out together on the reunion show, oh what to believe!? xD

He also said that on the show, which could just be so he has a reason for another season.

Sweets
10-04-08, 04:30
I wonder if Kristy Jo will get her own show?