PDA

View Full Version : Teens Arrested Over Taped Beating

Hairhelmet12
09-04-08, 02:03
Eight teenagers have been arrested after filming the beating of another teen and threatening to post the video on the Internet, sheriff's officials said.

Victoria Lindsay was attacked on March 30 by six teenage girls when she arrived at a friend's home, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

Two girls confronted Lindsay when she walked in, yelling and threatening her, an arrest report showed. Another girl struck her in the head several times and then slammed her head into the bedroom wall, knocking her unconscious.
"I want stiffer punishments for these shock Web sites that entice kids to make these videos so they can be famous on the Internet," Lindsay's father, who declined to give his name, told The Ledger in Lakeland, Fla. "That is the motive, I am sure of it. It's crazy and it's terrible and they're gonna pay."

But the mother of one of the girls said that Lindsay had provoked the other teens by threatening and insulting them on MySpace, a social networking Web site.

After the girls were arrested, Christina Garcia told the newspaper she looked at Lindsay's MySpace page and saw the message: "hahaha all in jail."

"A lot of people think, 'I can say whatever I want on here and nobody's gonna say anything,'" Garcia said. "A fight is a fight, but this was a beatdown. She did not deserve what she got, but I don't know how she's that messed up and able to get on the computer and talk about that."

It's not immediately clear if the video was ever posted on the Internet

The rest of the story is here and a horid video...

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/teens-arrested-over-taped-beating/20080408074609990001

This is horrible kids thease days are geting worse and worse!
that poor girl:(

Sweets
09-04-08, 02:21
I watched the video and it is discusting. Its a shame that stuff like this happens and people think they can get away with it, even when they are stupid enough to videotape it!

A few months ago here at a local mall that my friends and I shop at, a girl who was sitting in the food court with her baby was confronted by a classmate, and the classmate wanted to fight her but the girl told her to leave her be but the girl(classmate) attacked her anyway! Right infront of her baby! And whats worse is that there was several witnesses standing around and didn't do ANYTHING. A security gaurd had to come break it up. The girl who was attacked may lose her eyesight.

Angel666
09-04-08, 03:24
I heard about this today. It's just stupid and immature to be "fighting" over myspace. These girls are obviously disturbed.

rowanlim
09-04-08, 03:33
That's horrible. Is it me or are more children becoming monsters these days? :(

Lenochka
09-04-08, 03:55
^^^
There not children though... there young adults which is even scarier.
What is the world coming to? When people will actually attack a girl like that, I personally think she had the right to boast about them *******s being in jail now, its the least she should be able to do after having been jumped like that.

rowanlim
09-04-08, 04:02
^^^
There not children though... there young adults which is even scarier.
What is the world coming to? When people will actually attack a girl like that, I personally think she had the right to boast about them *******s being in jail now, its the least she should be able to do after having been jumped like that.

Yeah that's scarier...What is the world getting to? :confused:

On the other hand, I see no point in her BOASTING about them getting reprimanded etc...Doesn't make her look more like a victim to me

Shark_Blade
09-04-08, 05:31
Wow girl fights are rare but I think it's just as bad.

digitizedboy
09-04-08, 08:11
not only is it enough that the beating up was humiliating that they have to go and post it for everyone to see too.
I hear of this stuff a lot where I live too. The so-called "happy slapping" trend that's being going on for a while.
Seriously, I never heard of this kind of stuff going on when I was a teenager. I'm not saying that anybody were angels then. But kids seem to be getting worse nowadays. :(

interstellardave
09-04-08, 10:58
not only is it enough that the beating up was humiliating that they have to go and post it for everyone to see too.
I hear of this stuff a lot where I live too. The so-called "happy slapping" trend that's being going on for a while.
Seriously, I never heard of this kind of stuff going on when I was a teenager. I'm not saying that anybody were angels then. But kids seem to be getting worse nowadays. :(

It's happening now because they can be immortalized on the internet for it. Kids have all the equipment to easily do anything they want and have millions of people watching it and talking about it within minutes. That's a tempting proposition for many.

Jo269976
09-04-08, 11:10
Are they seriously ****** up in the head?

Traumatising and damaging another innocent person just to make a popular video, where the hell is the logic in that.

They basically just sentanced themselves aswell, the proof is right there in video!

It's people like this that give human beings a bad name :mad:

thecentaur
09-04-08, 11:30
can someone make a positive thread please? its depressing to hear every day on the news that something or someone screwed up :(

Draco
09-04-08, 12:50
There are plenty of positive threads. If you don't think there are enough, start some.

Legend of Lara
09-04-08, 13:51
And the world keeps falling apart...

zappo3000
09-04-08, 20:14
those *******s need to be ****ing locked in prison and beaten up by someone bigger than them:mad:WHY!!!???????!!!!

attaboy
09-04-08, 21:58
Just saw this on TV today.

This is stupid.
Why do people fight because of something on the internet :mad:

I don't get it ...

stereopathic
09-04-08, 22:01
anyone remember that article someone posted here last year that blamed hermione granger for female acts of violence? someone really should stop that girl. :D

stereopathic
09-04-08, 22:13
And the easy access of the Internet ain't helping apparently.

http://www.pylontemple.com/images/tr/internet5.jpg

domina
09-04-08, 22:18
^ :vlol:

Sir Croft
10-04-08, 00:21
I've seen that on the tv. And I'm glad those girls were arrested.
The worst part is:

But the mother of one of the girls said that Lindsay had provoked the other teens by threatening and insulting them on MySpace, a social networking Web site.

How can that mother deffend her? I mean, she's her mother, ok, but if I had a daughter and she did something like that, I'd be the first to take her to jail.
That's why our world is getting more and more violent, because some parents doesn't know how to teach their kids what is right and what is wrong.

Capt. Murphy
10-04-08, 16:16
Has anyone seen the newest edition of 'Girls gone psycho'...?

I think it was some bimbo/hoochie momma or mommas that attacked a teacher. The other kids were cheering the other student/s on. :pi:

Teachers will need to carry stun guns before too long. :mad:

edit: Speaking of which...

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1726971,00.html

unbelievable. World, meet handbasket, handbasket, meet hell. Like I said... My Lord in heaven. :(

Anyway... I don't think I can find the one story I was thinking of. A girl attacked a teacher... It was on the news this morning. I'm not sure if it was with a "Medieval weapon" and reading of a Love Letter. :confused: Hmm.... well...

Pixie_Corpse
10-04-08, 16:30
that's just a horrible thing to happen, to be attacked like that for a VIDEO! ive been attacked randomly before at school but it was never as bad as having someone acctually film it for youtube! these kind of things just make me want to :cen::cen:

jackles
10-04-08, 16:31
Girls beating up on girls has always happened. It certainly happened when I was at school years ago. The difference is that no idiot was able to post it to a worldwide audience. Nowadays people are encouraged to grab their 15 mins of fame to an insatiatable audience. You only have to look at the people who don't even hide their faces to see the level of intelligence involved.

Obscure
10-04-08, 18:25
What a Beautiful World we live in :D

touchthesky
10-04-08, 19:15
That is complete cowardice and what on earth, doing that so they can get famous on the internet?

I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that I am completely DISGUSTED in teenagers nowadays, and I am one.

Drone
10-04-08, 19:18
Morons. One big fat and squishy meteorite could fix it all ....

Lafa Cvoft
10-04-08, 19:18
poor girl...:( sad...

badboy70
10-04-08, 20:04
Even more bad news. How could they ever think they were going to be popular by beating someone else up ?
*sigh*

Death Mask
13-04-08, 19:36
lol This girls are so retarded, unlike most people I'm not shocked or disturbed because when I went to high school this kind of stuff happened quite often but the difference is that there wasn't some mooron filming the fight and then posting it on the web, seriously I can't think any animal that is as dumb as these girls, if you're gonna do something like these do yourself a favor and don't film it, but better yet don't do it at all. ;)

Voni
13-04-08, 20:19
The assailant's mother could do with reviewing her parenting techniques. Why didn't she teach her kids that if they're called names (over the internet or otherwise) that they should ignore it, rather than beat the hell out of the offender? I mean, what's going on here?

Hybrid Soldier
13-04-08, 20:27
Thats extremely low. People make me sick when hearing crap like this.

DickDan
13-04-08, 20:30
Lets all blame the internet :rolleyes: