PDA

View Full Version : Friends

Lara Lover
09-04-08, 20:03
Hi guys. :wve:

I need to start looking for new friends; I know that may sound quite random and strange but, I seriously need too. Alot of my friends are just not my friends and they're just "using" me or just not accepting or appreciaching who am I? You know?

But, I just don't know where I can find new friends? You know? :(

Christi
09-04-08, 20:06
Sweety, if your friends are using you, then they aren't your friends. you need to find a couple of people who love you in a friendly way. They are everywere, and not in a certain place;)

Erussack
09-04-08, 20:07
Myspace? :p But seriously, if you want to make friends that don't use you, them nock the friends off like i do. IDC!!!

Lara Lover
09-04-08, 20:07
Sweety, if your friends are using you, then they aren't your friends. you need to find a couple of people who love you in a friendly way. They are everywere, and not in a certain place;)

Yeah, I know. It's hard to just accept it; but I feel as though they are. So? I just need to find new friends but I don't know how or where? :(

zappo3000
09-04-08, 20:08
you will always have friends on this forum:hug:

Christi
09-04-08, 20:12
he means friends in real life...am I the only one who understands people?...

Lara Lover: I moved into this house 6 years ago. I was an outcast in school for the first year. But I gave it time and opened up to people and became very popular. Mainly because everyone turns to me in a crisis. You just need to reviel that special quality in you that everyone loves!:hug:

Lara Lover
09-04-08, 20:13
he means friends in real life...am I the only one who understands people?...

Lara Lover: I moved into this house 6 years ago. I was an outcast in school for the first year. But I gave it time and opened up to people and became very popular. Mainly because everyone turns to me in a crisis. You just need to reviel that special quality in you that everyone loves!:hug:

:hug:

Thank you. Yeah, now all I need to find is that special quality. ;)

Cochrane
09-04-08, 20:18
Place a wanted ad in your local newspaper.

As an alternative, you could first try talking with your friends about the problem. That could help with your problems and be less trouble.

zappo3000
09-04-08, 20:19
is it nessacery to have friends?

Laurencarter
09-04-08, 20:20

I need to start looking for new friends; I know that may sound quite random and strange but, I seriously need too. Alot of my friends are just not my friends and they're just "using" me or just not accepting or appreciaching who am I? You know?

I'm in the same situation. They are only my friends when they need something other times I am invisible

thecentaur
09-04-08, 20:21
well, how old are you? i'm not entirely sure but i think i read somewhere that if youngsters have friends they begin to adapt to their world and not become sheltered from everything else... dunno, i have friends, i have enemies, i have people who use me. i'm kinda strange

Christi
09-04-08, 20:26
Yes it's necisary ZAPPO!!!:p Everyone needs at least someone tha will listen to them...

Lux veritata
09-04-08, 20:28
Friends is one of the most important things in our lifes.

zappo3000
09-04-08, 20:31
Yes it's necisary ZAPPO!!!:p Everyone needs at least someone tha will listen to them...

ok, calm down.
it isnt always nessacery, some people are absolutely fine by thereselves

Lux veritata
09-04-08, 20:33
The most important thing,Lara Lover,is to be yourselfes.Im sure you will find some really good friends:)

Seb_01225
09-04-08, 20:42

i'll be your friend b : )

Angelus
09-04-08, 20:47
i'll be your friend b : )

Why do you keep putting 'b' at the end of every sentence? :confused:

ihatecold17
09-04-08, 20:48
Ill be your friend. :)

Soma Holiday
09-04-08, 23:59
I think the right friends are SO much better than those excuses for friends that most people have. I realized something this week. I had been stressed out for a while because my friends bicker and bicker and usually use me for things...but this past week, I haven't seen them, I haven't had to deal with any of them, and well, it felt amazing! I feel so in tune with myself and devoted to making myself happy without worrying about others...

so, I guess I'm saying that if you find those special friends than great, but if you don't, treat yourself...sometimes thats better than having others do it for you.

stranger1992
10-04-08, 00:46
Young man, you march out that door and find someone to talk to. talk to them about the weather, whatever, just do it. There is always anywhere tribes and social clicks and you need to not care about it.

Take me for example. My former best friend was always the type of person who let me down, ignored me and made me feel like i was the last person he needed. I never realised this untill i was about 14 or so and to tell the honest truth I was rather upset. I mean, can you imagine figuring this out that the person who you thought you could turn to just really couldn't give a toss when they had someone else?

Anyway, my GCSE's started and life for me became more independant. I chose the subjects i liked (Art, Graphic products, ICT and Music) and I found myself in rooms with people i never knew, though they were in my year. It came as a shock. but then, about a year and a half ago, pretty soon after this shock I just started talking to people in my classes. It didnt matter what, so long as they were interested or at least listening.
And thats how I got by.

Now, I am having a whale of a time. I got some new friends who i know they will tell me honestly what they think of me or whatever I am doing and also got my back if I have trouble, and its a good feeling.

my advice is to just talk to people. Find common ground with everyone who constantly comes your way on a daily basis and just have fun.

Dont believe me?

http://file043b.bebo.com/15/original/2008/04/01/15/4109311648a7318753009o.jpg

http://file040b.bebo.com/9/original/2008/04/01/15/4109311648a7318821761o.jpg

I'm the one with the red tie on.

Good luck.

Encore
10-04-08, 00:56
Worst problem in my life.

I don't know how old you are but my advice is if you're still at school then try your best to meet good people there and go out as much as possible.

When I was at school I shut myself away from everyone, I stayed at home and ignored all kinds of invitations I got from others, and right now, even though I got over my social phobia (mostly), I am still alone most of the time. This is because I don't know where or how to meet people anymore.

The best location to make lasting friendships, I think, is during high school. Because of my depression I missed that, and now the closest thing I have is a couple of cool buddies in college (not them kind of true friends people are talking about on this thread). College life is not like in the US here, it's very cold and not the best place to meet new people.

I hope no one on earth makes the same mistake I did.

rowanlim
10-04-08, 02:11
Well first see if you can solve the problems between you and your current friends. Try to salvage something.

On another note, be outgoing & BE YOURSELF. That's how you know that the friends you make truly care for you for WHO you are.

If anything, these forums are a wam & friendly place. I'm sure you've loads of friends here :hug: