PDA

View Full Version : I'm going on holiday and.... visiting Crystal Dynamics!

Keir_Eidos
10-04-08, 15:18
w00t. I'm off on holiday next week! (I'm going to San Diego and then taking a road trip up the coast to San Fran. I've got loads planned; couple of gigs, Giants baseball game, sight seeing, it should be amazingly awesome).

Aaaaanyway, the cool thing is my trip culminates with a visit to Crystal where I will drop-in, say hi to the guys and talk about important Tomb Raider community things *ponders and strokes chin*

I'm definitely planning on writing up an account of my visit, complete with photos of the offices and everything so look out for that.

Before I go, I thought I'd ask you lot: are there any questions, or is there anything you'd like to know about Crystal, the offices, the people? It'll be a good chance for you guys to get to know the team.

Give it some thought and let me know if you can think of anything (serious or silly) and I'll do my best to find out http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/s/sherlock.gif

(And between you and me, if they have any cool goodies lying around I'll try and steal them as competition prizes as well, but we'll have to see about that :pi: )

daventry
10-04-08, 15:24
Awsome, have fun.

Angelus
10-04-08, 15:25
Here's one:

Is Riley Cooper single?

Nah, just kidding. :D Have a great time, Keir! :hug:

Margot*Croft
10-04-08, 15:26
Have a great time!!! :hug:

kryptonite23
Have a nice time there Keir! :tmb: ;) :hug:

Nenya awakens
Just pop some webcams in the office so we can keep an eye on them ;)
I woudnt mind knowing how many people are working on underworld

Have a great time :hug:

MiCkiZ88
Take me with you, please! :D

Nah, have fun! I'd personally love to know about their art design and concept artists.
Want to know why the games look so grey in comparison to the concept art. :pi:

Keir_Eidos
10-04-08, 15:27
Thanks guys!

Here's one:
Is Riley Cooper single?

We have our first question, I will ask it you know!

'And this one comes from Angelus, who wants to know if.... '

:D

Kamrusepas
10-04-08, 15:30
Going to San Francisco? Ohhhhhh, so lucky :(

Well, have a great time for me too :D :wve:

Angelus
Thanks guys!

We have our first question, I will ask it you know!

'And this one comes from Angelus, who wants to know if.... '

:D

Lmao! I'll pay you to ask it! :vlol:

daventry
Cracks fingers. :pi:

Be scared, here they come. http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/evil/evilgrin0002.gif

1. Could you take a picture at the front of the Building please.

2. Ask them if Toby Gard is around and is he working on TRU.

3. How did they get the Licence for Tombraider.

4. Why did they made TR Legend so short and easy and kiddy safe with things all shiny and Hints everywhere with the two most annoying Characters to date. Do they know the History of Tombraider and how the Game Series really was back in the days of Core.

Endow
10-04-08, 15:31
Is Dan Cabuco working on TRU? What about the rest of the LoK team?

Keir_Eidos
10-04-08, 15:31
Just pop some webcams in the office so we can keep an eye on them ;)
I woudnt mind knowing how many people are working on underworld

Have a great time :hug:

Oh... a Crystal webcam. That's actually an awesome idea! We'd have to make sure it didn't show anything you're not supposed to see though.

I'll certainly find out the numbers for you.

And thanks :)

Take me with you, please! :D

Nah, have fun! I'd personally love to know about their art design and concept artists.
Want to know why the games look so grey in comparison to the concept art. :pi:

Thanks, I might have room in my suitcase but I could have an issue at customs 'Sir you have an undeclared Finnish person in your baggage'.

Hmm... that's directly related to the game, we'll be doing other stuff to cover that kind of thing. But I'll see what I can do.

MiCkiZ88
10-04-08, 15:35
Thanks, I might have room in my suitcase but I could have an issue at customs 'Sir you have an undeclared Finnish person in your baggage'.

Hmm... that's directly related to the game, we'll be doing other stuff to cover that kind of thing. But I'll see what I can do.LOL!

I guess, but you could just ask about how they got the job and how long have they been working in art design and such. Doesn't need to be game related.

Angelus
10-04-08, 15:38
Here's a serious one *giggle*:

How far ahead do you [Crystal Dynamics] plan the TR games? Legend came out in 2006, then Anniversary came out in 2007 and a brand spanking new current gen TR game will be out at the end of the year. Do you know what story you wanted to tell and how it would pan out when you made Legend?

Nenya awakens
10-04-08, 15:40
Oh... a Crystal webcam. That's actually an awesome idea! We'd have to make sure it didn't show anything you're not supposed to see though.

I'll certainly find out the numbers for you.

And thanks :)

Swigging super strength cider........ having chair wars...

INSTEAD OF WORKING ON UNDERWORLD

LOL :)

john_york
10-04-08, 15:45
Is there any chance of another Legacy of Kain game in the future?

ajrich17901
10-04-08, 15:46
OOO i got a question for CD

who tought em how to promote a game? -_-;

stranger1992
10-04-08, 15:47
Can you put in a word about the original Tomb Raider source code? We desperately need it as shown here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=110845

It would be appreciated, like...big time ! :D Our moderator Titak has wrote a letter to them via Email but we have heard nothing. It would mean the world it really would.

If we had it, we could supass this:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t120/stranger1992/spectrum9640x480.jpg

And so what if its mine guys? :P

Angelus
10-04-08, 15:47

No-one.

That's Eidos' job.

:ohn:

Titanium
10-04-08, 15:49
Two serious questions for CD. :)

1. When it was announced to you that you were going to make a TR game, what was the general reaction from the people who work for you?
2. When you were told you were going to remake Tomb Raider 1, did you have any idea that Core Design had created their own version of it?

Have a great trip Keir. :wve:

Mr.Burns
10-04-08, 15:56
Hope you have a good visit to the States Keir. :tmb:

Rivendell
10-04-08, 16:11
I'd like to ask them what game they've had the most fun developing - legend, TR:A or TR:U?
:)

Oh, and Keir? Don't forget to pick up the you-know-what from you-know-where and bring it back here to share with you-know-who.
;)

Keir_Eidos
10-04-08, 16:14
Going to San Francisco? Ohhhhhh, so lucky :(

Well, have a great time for me too :D :wve:

Thanks! I'm dead excited, I've never been to San Fran before, but everyone I've spoken to who have say it's lovely.

Lmao! I'll pay you to ask it! :vlol:

Hehe, no need! Consider it asked :vlol:

1. Could you take a picture at the front of the Building please.

2. Ask them if Toby Gard is around and is he working on TRU.

3. How did they get the Licence for Tombraider.

4. Why did they made TR Legend so short and easy and kiddy safe with things all shiny and Hints everywhere with the two most annoying Characters to date. Do they know the History of Tombraider and how the Game Series really was back in the days of Core.

1. Yes!

2. I will get a photo of him if he is around.

3. Mmm... I can ask how that came about.

4. Wait till you see Underworld before you ask that.

Is Dan Cabuco working on TRU? What about the rest of the LoK team?

Noted.

How far ahead do you [Crystal Dynamics] plan the TR games? Legend came out in 2006, then Anniversary came out in 2007 and a brand spanking new current gen TR game will be out at the end of the year. Do you know what story you wanted to tell and how it would pan out when you made Legend?

Good question, added.

Swigging super strength cider........ having chair wars...

INSTEAD OF WORKING ON UNDERWORLD

LOL :)

Haha, you make it sound like an average inner city comprehensive, lol.

Is there any chance of another Legacy of Kain game in the future?

Far be it from me to say anything (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=914777&topic=41464938 ) :whi:

They make the game. Eidos promote it.

Two serious questions for CD. :)

1. When it was announced to you that you were going to make a TR game, what was the general reaction from the people who work for you?
2. When you were told you were going to remake Tomb Raider 1, did you have any idea that Core Design had created their own version of it?

Have a great trip Keir. :wve:

Oh good ones. I'll do my best.

Hope you have a good visit to the States Keir. :tmb:

Thanks! :tmb:

Can you put in a word about the original Tomb Raider source code?

Could you send me a PM about that please?

Mr.Burns
10-04-08, 16:16
I'd like to ask them what game they've had the most fun developing - legend, TR:A or TR:U?

Oh, and Keir? Don't forget to pick up the you-know-what from you-know-where and bring it back here to share with you-know-who.
;)

Voldemort?

:whi:

Apofiss
10-04-08, 16:17
I'm definitely planning on writing up an account of my visit, complete with photos of the offices and everything so look out for that.

Superb! We expect lots of photos/interviews :D ...I guess a video would be a bit too uncomfortable (something like gametrailers.com did while visiting Valve studio/office). Good luck :]

Keir_Eidos
10-04-08, 16:20
Superb! We expect lots of photos/interviews :D ...I guess a video would be a bit too uncomfortable (something like gametrailers.com did while visiting Valve studio/office). Good luck :]

Hehe, thanks. Well perhaps not a video on this occasion ;)

rowanlim
10-04-08, 16:37
Have a good trip Keir! :wve:

I've a few questions:

1. Will they ever consider an AOD remake/continuation?
2. Will the TRA storyline continue?
3. Have they a wisp of an idea for the next TR game after TRU?

Sorry if my questions sound silly, they are all I want to know, especially the first one :o

Oh I'll love to see some photos! :D

dream raider
10-04-08, 16:43
Hope you have a wonderful time Keir!

I dare ask you this, but: can you please, please get a photo of the team! Tell them I love them and their doing a wonderful job!:D

Yes, I'm serious. I hope this won't be a lot of trouble for you...

Have fun! :hug:

KC Mraz
10-04-08, 16:44
Have a nice trip!, and don't forget to take some photos! :cln:

Seb_01225
10-04-08, 16:44
have fun :D

daventry
10-04-08, 16:45
1. Will they ever consider an AOD remake/continuation?
2. Will the TRA storyline continue?
3. Have they a wisp of an idea for the next TR game after TRU?Not to tell you what to say :o, but those Questions are very familiar in this Thread http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=119264 I cant wait for the Crystal Ball to be answered. :jmp:

I wonder if these have been answered already. :confused: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=113489

Bumio
10-04-08, 17:02
dont forget to take one of those mini cams so u could hide it somewhere in ur pocket and film everything around there :mis: and then show it to us :mis:
kidding of course :pi:
have a great time there :hug: say hi from all of us :D

rowanlim
10-04-08, 17:08
Not to tell you what to say :o, but those Questions are very familiar in this Thread http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=119264 I cant wait for the Crystal Ball to be answered. :jmp:

I wonder if these have been answered already. :confused: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=113489

Oops :o Well I'll await any news anyhow :D

petujaymz
10-04-08, 17:17
Give 'em my love.

:wve:

Laurencarter
10-04-08, 18:48
I hope that you enjoy it.

Vertigo
10-04-08, 18:52
Tell them Legend is suxx!

FAN_NO_1
10-04-08, 19:43
i wish you will enjoy more then you think,because you are going to my one of favourite and dream world.

Scaramouche
10-04-08, 19:48
sounds like fun have a nice trip! :wve:

Dingaling
10-04-08, 19:52
Is there a possibility of a special chat event - maybe one set up by yourself or the guys at Crystal Dynamics (just as a note here, I actually wrote Christmas there before realising what I had wrote and so had to change it to Crystal Dynamics :p) - where we can interact with them? Or is there a chance they could interact with us here?

I remmeber being at a chat event with Morgan Gray. I said I'd make him a certificate for having good taste in games, I never got to give it to him :(.

Anyway, while I'm sure the community appreciates you and Jay, the information has to be passed on and we all know information can be lost or misunderstood as it's passed on, so for someone who works on the game and is able to directly relay the information I think would help ease a lot of people's minds. Or at least make us feel we're being heard (errr... read :)).

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And ask them... no, scream the loudest you can down their throats, that Dingaling is demanding a new Pandemonium and Gex game.

Is Riley Cooper single?

And what about me? Why won't you sing our song anymore? :(

And have a nice trip Keir! :)

Angelus
10-04-08, 20:05
And what about me? Why won't you sing our song anymore? :(

You knew what we were. :ohn:

Punaxe
10-04-08, 20:11
Bring us pictures of their workplaces! :D

Larson_1988
10-04-08, 20:12
Can you ask Jason Botta if he wants to go out for a date with me? :) :whi:

Ok, that was just a joke. He probably like women anyway.

Sweets
10-04-08, 20:15
Ask them what they REALLY think of CORE's Tomb Raider games :mis:

Just kidding, have fun and can't wait to see your pictures! :wve:

MrBear
10-04-08, 20:20
Ask them what they REALLY think of CORE's Tomb Raider games :mis:

I was actually more curious about what they think of us.. There are so many useless posts bashing at Crystal for no reason (don't get me wrong, I'll probably never play Legend again and I think criticism is important).. - although I'll admit it's going better :)

Perhaps if some members posted more thoughtfully they wouldn't be afraid to drop by and say 'hi' once in a while :)

Anyway, I guess saying 'have a nice trip' is redundant :) but.. well..

Have a nice trip :wve:

ben croft
10-04-08, 20:25
I'm not asking you to get something for us because we ain't getting something new for the next months, for that I'm sure... Eido$ sucks when it comes to media release.

Anyway, nice trip.

clairelovestlc
10-04-08, 20:26
Have fun Keir. Ps Wheres my invite?

Hairhelmet12
10-04-08, 20:29
Can you try to ask if kurtis is going to be in the game!?!?!?! that would b awsome if thay awnser!:D

and ask how thay think of us and are comments on them!

Lara's home
10-04-08, 20:29
Have fun. :)
I hope you come with some goodies. :p

Seb_01225
10-04-08, 20:33
Have fun Keir. Ps Wheres my invite?

yeh init same

can you pack me in with your luggage kier? please i'll be quiet

Sweets
10-04-08, 20:34
I was actually more curious about what they think of us.. There are so many useless posts bashing at Crystal for no reason (don't get me wrong, I'll probably never play Legend again and I think criticise is important).. - although I'll admit it's going better :)
Perhaps if some members posted more thoughtfully they wouldn't be afraid to drop by and say 'hi' once in a while :)

Yeah I should have asked that actually....

Hairhelmet12
10-04-08, 20:56
can you pack me in with your luggage kier? please i'll be quiet

Room for 2! :p

We can play my psp when were in the case! :p

Seb_01225
10-04-08, 20:58
Room for 2! :p

We can play my psp when were in the case! :p

hah and mine
we can play multiplayer.

yay for hitching

da tomb raider!
10-04-08, 21:01
I'd like to know why they decided to "reboot" the series after AOD (that is, if they decided to "re-boot" the series, and not Eidos), and why their Tomb Raider games bear hardly any resemblance to Core Design's Tomb Raider games. I hope I don't sound rude here, I'm just interested, and I'd appreciate it if you asked them.

Sweets
10-04-08, 21:07
I'd like to know why they decided to "reboot" the series after AOD (that is, if they decided to "re-boot" the series, and not Eidos), and why their Tomb Raider games bear hardly any resemblance to Core Design's Tomb Raider games. I hope I don't sound rude here, I'm just interested, and I'd appreciate it if you asked them.

Thats a great question!:tmb:

knightgames
10-04-08, 22:25
Are they planning on another game in the Legacy of Kain series. (Sorry. I have no faith that TR will return to its glory days, and won't buy the next installment.)

BUT if they can manage a good story line in a new LoK I'll buy (even without Amy Hennig).

Tomb-Raider
10-04-08, 22:42
Voldemort?

:whi:

:vlol:

oocladableeblah
10-04-08, 22:57
Have a great time :wve:

Ward Dragon
10-04-08, 23:21
Far be it from me to say anything (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=914777&topic=41464938 ) :whi:

I've seen that before, but it gives me hope that you are referring to it :D If you can come back with official confirmation that a new LoK game is in the works, then I'll be bouncing off the walls with excitement :jmp:

Enjoy your trip :D

Edit: Any other questions I have probably can't be answered due to non-disclosure agreements or something like that. If you can get an answer, I would like to know what Legend's original story was before it was rewritten to include Lara's past :)

TRexbait
10-04-08, 23:48
Awsome... can I be a stowaway in the car with you. ;)

Hairhelmet12
11-04-08, 02:45
hah and mine
we can play multiplayer.

yay for hitching

yay! that will be fun!

what game should we play?

*thinks*

socom? thad be fun!
ohoh!! grand theft auto!
that will be awsome!

Shark_Blade
11-04-08, 03:24
1. Will Kurtis Trent be back in TRU or future tomb raider games? If not, will he get his own spin-off game? The fan base has been quite faithful and strong throughout the years, it's a waste not to utilize this character as a whole.

2. Will Croft Manor be more fun like
- adding a kitchen + freezer to lock up Winston,Zip or Alister
- shootable/kickable Winston,Zip and Alister
- quad bike circuit like tr3
- more secret rooms

Thanks.

p/s: Please keep Lara's braid as it is her trademark. Sometimes things doesn't need to be change.

KurtisLonely
11-04-08, 05:30
Have a great time Keir!
( I wish I could go too ) :P

Keir_Eidos
11-04-08, 09:09
Thanks for all the responses! I'll put a list of questions together next week and remember to pack them :D

Hope you have a wonderful time Keir!

I dare ask you this, but: can you please, please get a photo of the team! Tell them I love them and their doing a wonderful job!:D

Yes, I'm serious. I hope this won't be a lot of trouble for you...

Have fun! :hug:

I will try! But there is lots and lots of them so I don't know if I can organise a group photo, but I'll buy a memory card so I can take loads and loads of photos of the offices :D

Have a nice trip!, and don't forget to take some photos! :cln:

Roger that :)

Tell them Legend is suxx!

Um....

Is there a possibility of a special chat event - maybe one set up by yourself or the guys at Crystal Dynamics (just as a note here, I actually wrote Christmas there before realising what I had wrote and so had to change it to Crystal Dynamics :p) - where we can interact with them? Or is there a chance they could interact with us here?

I remmeber being at a chat event with Morgan Gray. I said I'd make him a certificate for having good taste in games, I never got to give it to him :(.

That's a very cool idea, and I'll mention it to the guys. It's not something I'd be able to sort out on my holiday though.

Bring us pictures of their workplaces! :D

I will! I will!

I was actually more curious about what they think of us.. There are so many useless posts bashing at Crystal for no reason (don't get me wrong, I'll probably never play Legend again and I think criticism is important).. - although I'll admit it's going better :)

Awesome post. That's a really cool question, consider it asked :tmb:

UNDERTAKER
11-04-08, 09:40
My questions:

1. What are some of Crystal Dynamics' most favourite games right now? What are they currenty playing on their Xbox 360's and PS3's?

2. Game development obviously has its highs. But what are some of the lows of the job? What makes the game development process difficult?

Thanks keir. Have a good trip mate :wve:

dream raider
11-04-08, 11:50
I really appreciate this, Keir! Thanks a lot!

The thought is very pleasing!

Shrantellatessa
11-04-08, 12:30
I think you're the luckiest person in TRF or even on earth; working with Eidos and visiting Crystal Dynamics! WoW :hea:

Enjoy your holidays and don't forget to bring me a gift from CD :p

The_Terminator
11-04-08, 13:03
Have a great trip Keir!

my question (if there's time):
What kind of input device hardware are they using for their 3D modeling? specifically, what kind of mouse do those people prefer and do they use Spaceballs or a similar type of 3D controller?

I'm genuinenly interested in knowing what they use to make their day to day modeling and rendering more efficient.

Thanks!

AnaCroft*
11-04-08, 13:44
Thanks so much Keir, have a nice trip. Happy weekend and good job!. http://trsaga.com/foro/Smileys/ico/abrazo.gif

-I'd like to know if you have intention to retake the AOD project that Core left, continue that half-finished story that left many fans disappointed because they don't know what happened to Kurtis and the Nephilim?

-Can we know how many levels will have TRU, and if Amelia will appear?

-We will know more about Lara's past in TRU?

Thanks. http://trsaga.com/foro/Smileys/ico/beso.gif

------------------------

About Core's work, it was really amazing, just like Toby Gard's amazing creation, giving Lara Croft a unique personality.

Crystal is doing a very good job, and they are reaching the fans's heart, "It's good to know that in the end, Tomb Raider didn't end in bad hands and being just one game more in the market".

I hope that you take the good way in TRU and get many earnings, I really wish you all the best of the lucks.

tlr online
11-04-08, 13:45
Have an awesome time!!! :tmb:

dizzydoil
11-04-08, 13:49
Have an awesome time!!! :tmb:
Indeed.

1. Does Natla or any old characters such as Kurtis return, if so.. to make my question different to others.. do they die? :mis:

Domino
11-04-08, 13:54
Have a great time Keir! Bring us some goodies! :p

My Question - Will there be a patch to remove/replace spiders for people who have a phobia of them?

Larson_1988
11-04-08, 14:03
Can you take a pic of Jason Botta and get his autograph on it? :)

Have a nice trip! :D :D :yah:

KC Mraz
11-04-08, 14:22
Now that I think about it, I do have a question:
Do you plan to put this (http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/4/4/11/f_laram_a754c97.jpg) costume in TRU?.

Alex Fly
11-04-08, 15:44
Woot ! Awesome program, Keir. Have fun with Crystal Dynamics. :)

I don't have any particular question regarding Tomb Raider Underworld, just tell them to keep up the good work ! :tmb:

I can't wait to read the resume of your visit and to see your pics !
*cough* Don't forget to take a few pics of Riley Cooper, please. *cough* :pi:

Akhenaton
12-04-08, 08:47
Will Nixxes be contracted to port the Underworld game to pre-next-generation PC's?

Keir_Eidos
16-04-08, 10:59
OK, thanks for all the questions everyone. I've compiled the list which I'll be taking with me when I leave tomorrow :)

See you when I get back :)

tlr online
16-04-08, 11:05
Have a good time mate :wve:

Keir_Eidos
16-04-08, 11:15
Have a good time mate :wve:

Thanks dude!

Oh, and have you got a question? :D

CroftScionGuard
16-04-08, 11:36
Am I too late for my questions?

What are CD plans for Legacy of Kain series? when will they continue/finish it?
It's told in another site that CD has (or had) some kind of archive about the games. Things that were cut included: guns, levels (or parts of it). Can they tell us that info about TR:L?
Have a good time, Keir;)

daventry
16-04-08, 11:43
When will you be back Keir and are you going on Holiday or on business for Eidos.

I hope you get Business Class with a bed, because i sat on one of those tight chairs with a baby crying next to me FOR 18 HOURS. :eek:

Pipolinne
16-04-08, 11:53
Something tells me you exactly be told what you aren't allowed to know,lol,but,in case you can find out something,you might ask a tad more about the plot :D!

Have a nice trip (:D)!

Beanz
16-04-08, 12:47
Mann lucky! I've never been to America (but loads of other places). And I envy the hell out of you for going to see CD :D. Have fun.

george_croft
16-04-08, 13:05
Have fun Keir!:)

tomblover
16-04-08, 13:07
Have fun! :tmb: :D

Jack Croft
16-04-08, 14:01
Have Fun and sneak some Info back! ;)

Keir_Eidos
16-04-08, 15:06
When will you be back Keir and are you going on Holiday or on business for Eidos.

I hope you get Business Class with a bed, because i sat on one of those tight chairs with a baby crying next to me FOR 18 HOURS. :eek:

I'm back on the 28th of this month. Well, it's a personal holiday for fun, but I figured that as I'm over there I should use the opportunity to visit Crystal :D

Something tells me you exactly be told what you aren't allowed to know,lol,but,in case you can find out something,you might ask a tad more about the plot :D!

Have a nice trip (:D)!

Hehe, I already know a lot more than I can say :D But I'll see if I can get some inside info that I can release :pi:

Mann lucky! I've never been to America (but loads of other places). And I envy the hell out of you for going to see CD :D. Have fun.

Have fun Keir!:)

I thank you :D

Have fun! :tmb: :D

Have Fun and sneak some Info back! ;)

Hehe OK! (Definitely want to sneak some competition prizes back).

daventry
16-04-08, 15:49
I just had a brilliant idea. :jmp:

Keir, could you please please for the love of all that is good, ask Crystal that when they are done with TRU and hopefully it gives closure to the 2 Series http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=123752 that when they decide to make the Next TR Game if they could Remake TR Angel Of Darkness and continue its follow up Games that were supposed to be made. :o

I think i speak for the Fans that we all want TRAOD again and in 2012 they can make a Tombraider 2 remake Game. :p

UNDERTAKER
16-04-08, 15:56
I think i speak for the Fans that we all want TRAOD again

Not me :p

da tomb raider!
16-04-08, 16:01
I think i speak for the Fans that we all want TRAOD again and in 2012 they can make a Tombraider 2 remake Game. :p

No! I really don't want Crystal Dynamics going anywhere near AOD.

daventry
28-04-08, 10:31
Has Keir returned from America today, i hope we get some lovely Info he brought back from Crystal Dynamics.

ajrich17901
28-04-08, 10:33
Not me :p

Haha but the other millions of AOD fans do, like me

KurtisLonely
28-04-08, 10:54
I'm a great AoD fan, but I don't think CD should continue/remake it, it was great as it was, and I just don't think CD got the right formula yet to continue AoD, maybe in the future they do :)

matrix54
28-04-08, 11:27
HOPEFULLY HE"LL TELL US WHERE LARA IS GOING!! BESIDES MEXICO AND CROFT MANOR!! I DON'T WANT RUMORS!!:hea:

Keir_Eidos
29-04-08, 11:40
I'm back everyone! Woohoo!

Thanks for all the nice wishes everyone! I had a great time. We drove up the coast from San Diego (in a 4.8 litre Mustang :D ) on the 101 and 1. Stopping in places like Hollywood, Santa Barbara, Monterey, Santa Cruz, and finally in SF. It was really great.

Anyway, my visit to Crystal was basically awesome. They're a great bunch and the studio has a really exciting and positive atmosphere. Everyone was really friendly to me too. I got to have some great chats with the people there like Eric Lindstrom, Troels Folmann and Toby Gard. I asked all your questions and took a ton of photos, so you can expect a cool write up that I'll pass onto Justin or post up here soon.

I spent most of my time discussing some really cool stuff we've got planned for the next few months, and Crystal are really excited about working on stuff for the community, so watch this space!

CroftScionGuard
29-04-08, 11:58
Hey, welcome back :wve:

Nice to know you got a good time :tmb:

I'll wait for those infos.

rowanlim
29-04-08, 12:06
Wow! Sounds amazing! I can't wait for the whole story!! :tmb: :jmp:

Glad to know you're back & that you'd fun :tmb: :hug:

Alex Fly
29-04-08, 12:24
I can't wait to read and see everything about your visit at Crystal Dynamics, Keir. :)

Glad to hear you had you had a good time there, and nice to see you back too. :hug:

MiCkiZ88
29-04-08, 12:34
Great to hear you had a good time there, and welcome back. :wve:
Can't wait to see their answers.

stranger1992
29-04-08, 12:44
Since you were in Santa Barbara did you see Michael Jackson's defunct home Neverland?

glad your back :)

Conway
29-04-08, 12:47

Thanks for all the nice wishes everyone! I had a great time. We drove up the coast from San Diego (in a 4.8 litre Mustang :D ) on the 101 and 1. Stopping in places like Hollywood, Santa Barbara, Monterey, Santa Cruz, and finally in SF. It was really great.

Anyway, my visit to Crystal was basically awesome. They're a great bunch and the studio has a really exciting and positive atmosphere. Everyone was really friendly to me too. I got to have some great chats with the people there like Eric Lindstrom, Troels Folmann and Toby Gard. I asked all your questions and took a ton of photos, so you can expect a cool write up that I'll pass onto Justin or post up here soon.

I spent most of my time discussing some really cool stuff we've got planned for the next few months, and Crystal are really excited about working on stuff for the community, so watch this space!
This is seriously GREAT news, Keir. I really, really appreciate it. I'd send you a cake if it didn't cost too much to send one overseas.

Rivendell
29-04-08, 13:31
Sounds like you've had a great time! :tmb:

Rexie
29-04-08, 13:48

Mind selling the Mustang to me :pi:

sounds like you had an awesome time!

can't wait for the info! expeacelly (sp?) the pics!!

MrBear
29-04-08, 14:41
[...]the studio has a really exciting and positive atmosphere.[...]

Now we know for certain they don't tune in to TRF.... :p

Nah, on a serious note, welcome back and I'm happy you enjoyed yourself, both in and outside whatever building Crystal's working from..

expeacelly (sp?)

Especially :p and I agree, the pictures will be interesting :) and the answers too, for that matter..

Keir_Eidos
29-04-08, 15:09
Thanks guys!

Since you were in Santa Barbara did you see Michael Jackson's defunct home Neverland?

glad your back :)

Can't say that I did see Neverland. I wasn't aware that it was near there. I must say that Santa Barbara is a lovely little town. It's really relaxed and chilled out. Some lovely bars and café's and a beautiful sea front.

This is seriously GREAT news, Keir. I really, really appreciate it. I'd send you a cake if it didn't cost too much to send one overseas.

LOL! Cake! : )*

Mind selling the Mustang to me :pi:

sounds like you had an awesome time!

can't wait for the info! expeacelly (sp?) the pics!!

Hehe, the Mustang was great! Really nice cars. It belongs to my gf though so I don't think she'd be too happy if I sold it to you :D

I'll compose my little report in the next day or two so watch this space.

Now we know for certain they don't tune in to TRF.... :p

Nah, on a serious note, welcome back and I'm happy you enjoyed yourself, both in and outside whatever building Crystal's working from..

Especially :p and I agree, the pictures will be interesting :) and the answers too, for that matter..

LOL, I know Troels and Eric read the forums on a daily basis. I did ask the question what do they think of the community here, and they love to get the feedback from people.

Lots of pics of the offices! I won't say much more just yet though because I don't want to spoil my write up :)

Nenya awakens
29-04-08, 15:35
Sounds fabulous dahling

thanx :hug:

KC Mraz
29-04-08, 15:39
Welcome back! :hug: :)

dream raider
29-04-08, 15:52

Hey! I'm glad you're back! Thanks for getting lots of photos! :hug: Got some of sexy Toby Gard?:cln: And troels folmann... and the rest...:cln:

Anyway... So they are interested in the community, eh? Now I'm embaressed. :p

CroftScionGuard
29-04-08, 18:34
LOL, I know Troels and Eric read the forums on a daily basis. I did ask the question what do they think of the community here, and they love to get the feedback from people.
Really??? :mis:
Is their job seeing their games being sooooo criticized?
Fortunately we're an innocent community of penguims, so all we do is break the ice to ask a few questions about TR games... and others too....

Btw did u ask something about Legacy of Kain?

*crossing fingers*

Larson_1988
29-04-08, 18:35
Sounds like you had an awesome trip! :D

Conway
30-04-08, 04:09
Sir Troels, if you're watching this space, you must know I'm a big fan! :D Sorry, just had to let that out. :p

Little-Lara
30-04-08, 04:20
Cool. u'r gonna be right by me.
Hope u have fun.
lol, i know where Crystal Dynamics is located, i was gonna apply for a job there. But got discouraged. It'd be great if i get my foot through their door if u may help me somehow (to work for my fav chick.)

Tip: Dress COOL!!!

daventry
06-05-08, 16:56
Keir is back. :jmp:

So, how was your Holiday, i hope you still got a Job. :confused:

Please share with us your Crystal knowledge :D

Titanium
06-05-08, 16:59
Wheres our report Keir? Or does Eidos not love us? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/traurig/sad-smiley-046.gif :p

Crystal girl
06-05-08, 17:01
I'm so curious to see his report :jmp:

Rexie
06-05-08, 17:05
http://a.deviantart.com/avatars/i/m/imsorryplz.gif

plz! cherry cake with sugar on top and milk and cookies for desert?

daventry
06-05-08, 17:06
I love your Avatar Crystal Girl, thats sending out the Message on how soft TRL for babies are. :vlol:

Keir_Eidos
07-05-08, 12:42
Keir is back. :jmp:

So, how was your Holiday, i hope you still got a Job. :confused:

Please share with us your Crystal knowledge :D

I have indeed still got a job. You lot can't get rid of me that easy :ton:

I'm so curious to see his report :jmp:

The report and answers to questions are on their way! I've been super-crazy-busy since I got back, and they took a while to write up, but I hope you think they're worth the wait :)

I should be able to get the first part to you in the next day or two :)

Quasimodo
07-05-08, 12:43
Glad to hear your job is safe! Welcome back, Keir :)

Rexie
07-05-08, 13:06

you'll be the last man standing, huh?

and That's awesome news!!

Alex Fly
07-05-08, 13:06
:jmp: :yah:

KC Mraz
07-05-08, 13:18
Thanks! :jmp:

So Thursday/Friday Goodness!! :yah:

rowanlim
07-05-08, 13:28

Glad to know your job's safe! :tmb: :hug:

The report and answers to questions are on their way! I've been super-crazy-busy since I got back, and they took a while to write up, but I hope you think they're worth the wait :)

Yayyyy!!!!!!! Now there's something to look forward to! :jmp: :yah:

Keir_Eidos
07-05-08, 13:30
Glad to hear your job is safe! Welcome back, Keir :)

Thank you! Thank you! I never went away, I've just been submerged in a tidal wave of work ._.

you'll be the last man standing, huh?

and That's awesome news!!

Hehe! Well, there are actually some really cool developments in the world of community at Eidos. I'll share some more details in the next few months about that, but it's all good news :)

Thanks! :jmp:

So Thursday/Friday Goodness!! :yah:

Well... I'll get the write-up to you as soon as I can.

Oh, oh, and we got one of your questions answered :)

Crystal girl
07-05-08, 13:51

Thank you very very much Keir!! :D ;)

KC Mraz
07-05-08, 14:06
Oh, oh, and we got one of your questions answered :)

Who?, me?. I feel like... loved http://trsaga.com/foro/Smileys/ico/popi.gif.

raiderfun
07-05-08, 14:14
Welcome back Keir :wve:

Unfortunately, I didn't see this thread before so I could have posted some questions, but no problem, I'm sure members must have mentionned the most important and necessary questions.

Anyway, welcome back, I can't wait to read your report :)

And BTW, which question has been answered please ?

*excuse my ignorance* :o

Conway
07-05-08, 14:19
I've been wondering about the progress of the write-up. Thanks for keeping us updated, Keir. I'm very much looking forward to CD's answers.

Larson_1988
07-05-08, 15:52
Hehe! Well, there are actually some really cool developments in the world of community at Eidos. I'll share some more details in the next few months about that, but it's all good news :)

Does it happen to be a resurrection of a certain series? :whi:

:hug:

Titanium
07-05-08, 15:53

Please be Pony Friends! :jmp: :p

ajrich17901
07-05-08, 15:55

Hopefuly fear effect