PDA

View Full Version : Is it true in USA???

TRF
10-04-08, 16:07
A friend of mine is trying to book a vacation at Walt Disney World in Florida: Orlando...

Now he heard from the travel agency that he is not allowed to stay in any of the hotels, since he's not 21 years old..... He is 19 and his girlfriend is 18....

Is this true???

Capt. Murphy
10-04-08, 17:00
At the Hotel I work at - they have this same rule. No one under the age of 21, unless they're with a parent or guardian.

And we always have to check a guest's I.D.

jamieoliver22
10-04-08, 17:58
Surely someone who is 18 is perfectly capable of looking after themselves... How silly.

Endow
10-04-08, 18:02

cococomics_pres
10-04-08, 18:03
I would assume they're worried about underage drinking? I wasn't aware of this rule however, and I'm FROM the USA!

Mr.Burns
10-04-08, 18:04
Legal age to vote in the US is 18. That's generally assumed to be the age of adulthood. However, auto insurance rates don't lower until 25 years old. Also if you want to rent a car while under the age of 25, the costs are more as well. It's possible that hotels may have enforced similar rules as a preventive measure.

TRF
10-04-08, 18:11
It just, he wanted to go with his girlfriend to Walt Disney World...
But as i said the travel agency doesn't allow it for some reason.... Wierd, since he isn't a drinker, anyways.....

And if your an adult at the age of 18 in the USA and nt allowed to drink untill your 21, then your allowed to go, but you can't drink then... Big deal...

I find this very wierd, and still doesn't understand... sorry

Capt. Murphy
10-04-08, 18:14
Ha. Yeah. I'm sure most of their time will be spent on space mountain. :rolleyes:

TRF
10-04-08, 18:36
maybe...

but if i look at the disney website, all that it say is that you have to be atleast 18 years to:

1. Make reservations
2. Call a number

That's all it says...... Wierd though....
So i would think, if i book something there: that i will be able to go, even when i'm 19 or 20 years old, right???

Mr.Burns
10-04-08, 18:37
Then have them contact Disney directly and see if they have any suggestions. Odds are this isn't the first time this has happened so they may know of some ways to get around this.

TRF
10-04-08, 18:39
Then have them contact Disney directly and see if they have any suggestions. Odds are this isn't the first time this has happened so they may know of some ways to get around this.

I will tell them that, so that they could call disney straight tomorrow...
Maybe they get lucky.....

THanks Burns....

Mr.Burns
10-04-08, 18:40
No problem :wve:

Draco
10-04-08, 21:20
I'm 24 and there is still plenty of things I can't do.

Camera Obscura
10-04-08, 21:30
A friend of mine is trying to book a vacation at Walt Disney World in Florida: Orlando...

Now he heard from the travel agency that he is not allowed to stay in any of the hotels, since he's not 21 years old..... He is 19 and his girlfriend is 18....

Is this true???

I really don't understand why he wouldn't be allowed if he is of legal age. I mean 18 and 21 are just numbers, it's the maturity that really counts so why should he have to wait two more years to be able to book a reservation.

But like Mr.BuRns said, contact Disney to see what they say.

Edit: :o

rickybazire
10-04-08, 21:36
Surely someone who is 18 is perfectly capable of looking after themselves... How silly.

Lol, it's America we're talking about...:D

oocladableeblah
10-04-08, 21:37
idk the only thing I know you can't do until you are 21 is drinking alcohol. I think cigarettes should go up to that limit it would help a little. You can buy a house when your 18 so I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to rent a hotel room.

MiCkiZ88
10-04-08, 21:42
The age limits there (USA) feel a bit weird to me. Here in Finland you can get your drivers licence when you're 18, though you can start the school half an year before your birthday. You can buy alcohol and cigarettes at the age of 18, but you can't buy stronger than 22% until you're 21. Most of the clubs, bars & pubs have 18 as the age limit, but some nightclubs have 21, 22, or 23 age limit.

Mr.Burns
10-04-08, 21:43
I think to an extent, these places go on statistical data. Perhaps they think that people under certain ages are more likely to be an issue. I know with insurance, drivers under the age of 25 (men that is) tend to be more likely to cause accidents.

@CO: It's BURNS, not BUNS :p

Neteru
10-04-08, 21:52
Mr.Buns.:vlol:

I didn't see that. Thanks Mr. Burns. :D

Death Mask
13-04-08, 15:40
This country's laws (U.S.A) are so damn stupid and pathetic, when you turn 18 you are allowed to go to the military and get trained on how to kill people, you are allowed to purchase weapons, you can go to an adult place and get laid etc... But you can't even take a sip of :cen: wine until you turn 21.

The Great Chi
14-04-08, 11:49
Well did you get an answer back from Disney ?