PDA

View Full Version : A bug with the signatures?

tomblover
12-04-08, 13:59
Okay, whenever I paste anything into my sig, it tells me I need to reduce the amount of text into one line. The thing is that it is one line. This is what I'm trying to paste:

ρєяƒєт ∂αяк σα σℓα zєяσ

EDIT: It seems to be the font that is the problem. Weird. I got another sig of the same font (мσηкєу ρєαнєѕ) to work. (The same problem at first but it seemed to solve itself.)

zappo3000
12-04-08, 14:00
i just tried i. it didnt work for me either

Capt. Murphy
12-04-08, 15:42
I wonder if you could type or paste each letter individually, preview or save after each one... then see if it's a specific 'character' that is giving you the trouble. If so... Maybe there is another one you could use instead?... :confused:

I know it would be time consuming. But just in case you're that worried about it... or if you're bored.... :p

touchthesky
12-04-08, 15:50
It only got up to the first "cola" when I tried..then it was too long.

Nenya awakens
12-04-08, 16:02
It does that to me al the time, so i allways have to shorten it!!:(

Cochrane
12-04-08, 16:06
You're hitting the normal character length restriction, because the characters you use take up more space than one character.

To see what I mean, show this page's source code and search for This is what I'm trying to paste:
You'll see a lot of the form &#somenumbers;. Each of these encodes a single character of your signature, so you can see that your sig takes at least five times as many characters internally as it appears to.

The reason for this is in text encoding. This forum uses, like nearly everybody, ISO 8859-1, which covers most normal text stuff but not highly unusual characters. Your characters are decidedly unusual and cannot be encoded with ISO 8859-1. As a workaround, they can be encoded with normal characters of the form &#xxx; in HTML, where xxx is the character's number in the unicode encoding scheme. That way, it'll get transmitted, but it takes up significantly more space than you'd think.

Shrantellatessa
12-04-08, 16:31
Can someone please tell me what font is that (in the first post of the thread: "мσηкєу ρєαнєѕ")? I've always been wondering when I seeing it in other sites. Thank you :)

Cochrane
12-04-08, 16:36
It isn't a special font. It's special Unicode characters (ab)used. Use your operating system's character palette to insert them, if you really want to.

da tomb raider!
12-04-08, 16:40
Why not just use the normal font? :p

tomblover
12-04-08, 16:46
Why not just use the normal font? :p It looks less cool. XD

@ Cochrane: That explains it, then. :)

Can someone please tell me what font is that (in the first post of the thread: "мσηкєу ρєαнєѕ")? I've always been wondering when I seeing it in other sites. Thank you :)

Some sites refer to it as a Lord of The Rings font or something.

Shrantellatessa
12-04-08, 20:36
Cochrane and tomblover, thank you both :)

kooky
12-04-08, 21:02
Yeah, I tried puting what is there to love in Uzbek/Kazakh & it was one line long to said your signature has too many line & it only has 1 line. :confused: