PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when someone is interested in you?

Indiana Croft
14-04-08, 01:18
Okay there's this person I really like. The chemistry is like ka-BOOM. But I really hope I'm not just imagining things, so just to clarify, how do you know if someone is genuinely interested in you?:confused:

Lara Coft Baby
14-04-08, 01:19
Well how I knew my bf liked me was just cause he would flirt with me alot. :p And he was so sweet to me. :D

Tyrannosaurus
14-04-08, 01:37
Okay there's this person I really like. The chemistry is like ka-BOOM. But I really hope I'm not just imagining things, so just to clarify, how do you know if someone is genuinely interested in you?:confused:

You probably are imagining things. Don't worry, though, we all do.

Leprechaun2010
14-04-08, 01:38

I dont know what to tell ya. My love life is bad so i dont even know anymore. :(

Larapink
14-04-08, 01:45
They avoid to flirt with you or they don't see you as the way you would like them to.

Encore
14-04-08, 01:46

No idea. I had a really, REALLY bad experience because the person sent me all the right signs (even telling me straight in the face that I was the most special person he'd ever met) to something he didn't want in the end (because he was already with someone, without telling me).
I refuse to believe from now on. :mad: I hate playing this ****ing little games, and I'd much rather people went straight to the point.

Christi
14-04-08, 01:47
When some guy comes up to me and goes HEEY BABE! And I say no...:tea:

But when I want the other person to know, I just look at him, or make a distraction for him to look at me...:p

MiCkiZ88
14-04-08, 01:56
I really don't know. I'm bad at reading sings, since people often flirt as a joke with me, and I take everything too seriously. *sigh* Like Encore, I'd love to know from the start what the other person thinks of me, but I'm very, very shy. I try my best to give signs though.

Chiki Mina
14-04-08, 02:16
I'm actually very active with friends and I can be very cheerful and all. But my ultimate shyness are with guys that make my heart go THUD.

I'm really stupid in these "signs". I dunno why I don't trust my instincts to these kinds of things. I always have doubts and the "what if" questions. I guess you know when the person is more direct. I like better the more direct approach, IMO.

Tear
14-04-08, 02:48
Go for it, and ask 'em out.
Well, unless you don't want to ruin a close friendship.

rowanlim
14-04-08, 03:39
There is no definite answer to this question. Why? Because everyone's DIFFERENT. That's the magic, & the pain, of it. We can't predict what the other person's thinking & feeling.

Classic signs would be increased attention, flirting, physical gestures etc. But it's never a sure thing that the other person feels the same way. It takes luck, & abit of experimenting, to get a few more hints.

Hehe I'm blabbing so good luck, man! :tmb: ;)

Draco
14-04-08, 05:51
I usually know because their first reaction to me is to smile wide and start smelling very nice...I'm very sensitive to olfactory signals.

hey_jude
14-04-08, 06:01
You're such a lucky person. I'm in love with a boy since 11 months, but he doesn't feel the same because he doesn't like me by a physical view of point. So sad, really... hope you will be happy with this person.

Margot*Croft
14-04-08, 06:15
It's not always easy to read other people's signs, as you already know ... i.e., it's very difficult to understand the cases in which a boy is interested in you from a physical (rather than an intellectual ;)) point of view, as, in most cases, guys make the signs look quite similar ... even if a clinic eye might tell almost immediately ;)
You need much experience, and, mostly, to be very cautious. Do not rush things and take your time to try and understand the other person's mind, if you feel you can do so. Or, if your feelings are really strong, I don't see the point in waiting. Gather your stenght and ask her/him (don't think I know your gender:)) out, so that you will not suffer anymore from this uncertain situation ;)
Good luck! :hug:

xoger
14-04-08, 06:53
theres only one way to find out and that is to ask

KurtisLonely
14-04-08, 06:59
I don't really know, you just know..and if you're not sure, you gotta ask him/her :)

Shark_Blade
14-04-08, 07:13
Ask the person. Straight forward and clear. If you rely on signs/body language you might misread them and misunderstood stuff. :)

KurtisLonely
14-04-08, 07:16
Ask the person. Straight forward and clear. If you rely on signs/body language you might misread them and misunderstood stuff. :)
thats true :)

Drone
14-04-08, 08:45
never knew, never cared :)

Capt. Murphy
14-04-08, 14:14
You might be wondering if this person is just really friendly... Like, the way this person treats or acts around you... do they do the same thing around other people? Ask this person to some social event or activity where other people (such as mutual friends or peers) are also in attendance. If this person gives you their attention or tags along/sticks by you :cln: there might be something deeper. If they sort of break away to be with other people - then maybe they're just the 'real friendly/social type'. Or they might not want others to think that the 2 of you might be some sort of 'item' or couple.

If you think there was definetly some closeness between the 2 of you during that sort of activity - you could ask them if there someplace they'd like to get something to eat, or suggest a place yourself. Foro either a treat or meal... Whatever your belly decides (if it can). If the other person decides to go along... Then afterwards you might mention about the evening or day having been a sort of "date". Then ask if they'd like to do something like this again sometime.

If the other person was friendly with other people the way they're with you... Then maybe they're just that way.

You never know.... They might be waiting for you to ask them out on a date.