PDA

View Full Version : Why I'll NEVER be Heathly...

Soma Holiday
14-04-08, 05:55
Does anyone else absolutely HATE the taste of Vegtables and Fruits? I know most children do, but I feel so immature when I go to a restaurant and turn down the salad or the lettuce and tomato on my sandwich at 20 years old...

I mean it doesn't really bother me except the fact that I try to be a healthy person but I rarely eat such things. I'll eat bananas and the occasional veggies, ie carrots, corn, or green beans, but everything else I absolutely HATE.

Me and my friend even went to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and he ordered me a fruit smoothie...but after a few sips, the seeds set in, and the taste, and I just hated it.

I just really wish I liked the things I should eat, because I excersize and don't eat UNhealthy foods...but i can't even MAKE myself eat a salad. I think its the texture...like I cannot eat oranges cause they make me gag...its wierd lol.:(

Any suggestions on supplements or alternatives that are GOOD, not something lackluster for your body. I saw some cook that mixes veggies in with food so that you can't even taste them but they are good for you. I just don't want all my efforts to go to waste when I hit forty and have a heart attack because I didn't eat enough salad...:p

lol

Lara Coft Baby
14-04-08, 05:56
Actually I love eatting them. My parents never had a hard time trying to get me to eat them. I've always loved eatting fruits and veggies. :p

Tear
14-04-08, 06:04
I'm the same way. When I get the taste of alot of healthy foods, it makes me want to gag. If it wasn't for my metabolism and exercising, i'd be alot heavier than I am - and i'm only 16.

I don't know what to tell you..
As long as you exercise, don't eat too much, and make sure you're not eating too many sweets, then I'll think you'll stay in shape.

Voni
14-04-08, 06:18
I like some fruits and veg, but others make want to gag (like mushrooms - euch!)

As long as you eat those that you like, you'll probably be fine. Maybe you could take a multivitamin to help you? I don't know how effective those are, but I'm sure someone will!

george_croft
14-04-08, 06:26
Soma, there's not really any other alternatives to fruit and veggies. I completely understand you when you say the texture of it makes you hate it, but there's really nothing else to do than to keep eating that stuff. Pick the worst thing you can imagine, like an orange, eat one of those a day and I can promise you'll get used to it, and eventually start liking it.:wve:

rowanlim
14-04-08, 06:37
^Agreed. It takes time to acclimatise to something you've never had a liking for, but you'd b better for it ;)

Worse comes to worse, you should take vitamin supplements to ensure you get enough nutrition. Have you considered talking to a nutrition about this? :)

Soma Holiday
14-04-08, 06:51
Thanx for the advice everyone. I'll definately start trying to eat things I dislike more often...though it probably won't be the orange! haha. ugh. I've heard that dipping veggies in stuff like Peanut Butter makes them better...that might help break the ice. lol. Any mixtures expecially tasty? :D

I've grown to like a few things after eating them, like onions, and promegranate, but it took a while and it's still an every now and then thing. :p

I would love to see a nutritionist. It's been on my to do list for a year! But I have no car at my college, so I'll have to see if i can find one this summer...perhaps the college even has one...hmm...will definately see about that, though they'll probably tell me to grow up and eat my veggies! hehehe

jamieoliver22
14-04-08, 07:04
When I was younger, I never used to like vegetables at all, and I basically just lived on chips. I would never be able to eat a Sunday roast, but now my taste buds have changed after years of trying things, and now I love it. :p

Shark_Blade
14-04-08, 07:22
LOL this thread makes me hungry.

On to the topic:

Why I'll NEVER be Heathly... Like everyone said, it's the attitude. Just swallow those veges and frutis.
Other than that, whenever you got the opportunity to get fresh food, get em! It's far better than some snacks,desserts or chips. And eat yogurts as well as they will help with your facial appearance.

Some facts:

::Benefits of Cranberries
Cranberries are believed to contain excellent infection fighting properties.

::Benefits of Red Onions
Normally used in cooking, onion can makes the body warmer and improves blood circulation.

::Benefits of Cabbage
The Greeks used fresh white cabbage juice to relieve sore or infected eyes while cabbage juice from the stem is a good remedy for ulcers.

::Benefits of Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed oil benefits cancer prevention.

::Benefits of Tea
Camellia has cancer-fighting properties similar to those of green tea.

::Health Benefits of Ginger
Ginger seems to prevent or slow the rate of tumor growth in cancer.

::Benefits of Milk
In milk we receive the correct intake of Vitamin D and Calcium.

::Apple Benefits
The old saying 'to eat an apple going to bed, will make the doctor beg his bread' has been justified by its many health-rich properties.

::Benefits of Saw Palmetto
Palmetto plant acts as a 'calming' agent when introduced into the bloodstream.

::Benefits of Lemon
It is also a root of any home remedy and is normally used to help the stomach.

::Benefits of Green Tea
Green tea as an effective alternative to weigh loss pharmaceuticals.

::Benefits of Grapefruits
Regular consumption will also promote healthy skin.

::Benefits of Drinking Green Tea
Possible benefits of drinking green tea is its potential as a cancer preventive.

::Benefits of Fish Oil
Fish oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids which helps to keep your heart and body healthy.

::Benefits of Bananas
Bananas neutralize the acidity of gastric juices.

::Benefits of Celery
According to Hippocrates (the father of medicine), celery calms the nerve.

::Benefits of Beets
Beets as a blood strengthening herb.

::Benefits of Flax
Flax to reduce the instance of breast caner and colon cancer.

::Benefits of Oranges
Oranges fight various types of cancers.

Thorir
14-04-08, 07:37
Thatīs odd. I LOVE veggies and fruit. :D
Only thing I hate is celery.

Try making a good salad, with lots of different stuff in it! :)

EgyptianSoul
14-04-08, 07:56
When I was a kid I never wanted to eat vegetables but fruits I loved. Now that I've grown up I've started to notice how I've changed. Nowadays my favourite vegetables are tomatoes. :) Carrots and cucumbers are good too.

Catlantean
14-04-08, 08:21
Like all good things in life, fruits and veggies take a bit of getting used to :) Start small - eat a bit of salad with your meal. Drink fruit juice (not the artificially-flavoured stuff but the juice squeezed from fresh fruit). You said you like bananas, so make a banana smoothie with just a bit of other fruit added.

Or you can just take vitamin supplements. Bland and tasteless, but get the work done :)

touchthesky
14-04-08, 08:37
I love a lot, but I hate cucumber, tomato and onion (unless its caramalized or pickled).

Soma Holiday
14-04-08, 08:41
Like all good things in life, fruits and veggies take a bit of getting used to :) Start small - eat a bit of salad with your meal. Drink fruit juice (not the artificially-flavoured stuff but the juice squeezed from fresh fruit). You said you like bananas, so make a banana smoothie with just a bit of other fruit added.

Or you can just take vitamin supplements. Bland and tasteless, but get the work done :)

The problem with Salad is the lettuce. I LOVE the taste of Ranch Dressing, so it would make sense that a salad with ranch would be great, but I hate Lettuce...it just tastes and feels like grass to me...I tried it on some tacos and it just ruins the taste. :p

banana smoothie doesn't sound to bad...no seeds is always better! It's wierd, back to the whole texture thing. I absolutely love orange juice...but only without the pulp. I dunno...I think half of the problem is that veggies and fruits are usually slimy and seedy...

mind over matter I guess. :D Though the taste is still nothing to cheer about. Though that list makes me wanna make myself eat em just for the health effects. geez!

Drone
14-04-08, 08:46
I adore taste of Vegtables and Fruits :) I hate taste of coke and pepsi :wve:

Beanz
14-04-08, 10:12
I'm the same with fish, can't go near it, the smell, the taste... the texture... blugh! I love veggies though :D.

jackles
14-04-08, 10:21
When I was younger, I never used to like vegetables at all, and I basically just lived on chips. I would never be able to eat a Sunday roast, but now my taste buds have changed after years of trying things, and now I love it. :p

Exactly what I was going to say! As you mature tastes change and chocolate bars seem smaller!! If you have no veggies at all taking a multi vitamin can be a good idea.

Quasimodo
14-04-08, 11:57
Vegetables - especially salads, used to taste very bitter to me until recently when I'd changed the way I eat (no more junk, except for a weekly splurge or less). Cucumber salad is delicious to me now :) You'll eventually get acclimated to the taste or find something you like.

Kerrigan
14-04-08, 12:03
Strange.I've always loved vegetables, with a few exceptions.
I wasn't too keen on fruits when I was a kid though, but now I love some of them (not all-I still hate grapes and nuts and strawberries-although I like the strawberry flavour, I just hate their texture-)

findme
14-04-08, 12:06
I love my veggies and fruits :p

The only type of vegs I dont like is either celery or peas, they just make me gag.

I am absolutely horrified at the strawberry haters here lol.

Titanium
14-04-08, 12:12
I love most fruit and some vegetables.

Although occaisionally (rarely more like) I do eat a decent amount of them, I still should eat more of them.

Seb_01225
14-04-08, 12:12
theres not a single fruit for vegetable i wont eat :D unless its poisonous

Angelus
14-04-08, 12:20
Does anyone else absolutely HATE the taste of Vegtables and Fruits? I know most children do, but I feel so immature when I go to a restaurant and turn down the salad or the lettuce and tomato on my sandwich at 20 years old...

I mean it doesn't really bother me except the fact that I try to be a healthy person but I rarely eat such things. I'll eat bananas and the occasional veggies, ie carrots, corn, or green beans, but everything else I absolutely HATE.

Me and my friend even went to Tropical Smoothie Cafe and he ordered me a fruit smoothie...but after a few sips, the seeds set in, and the taste, and I just hated it.

I just really wish I liked the things I should eat, because I excersize and don't eat UNhealthy foods...but i can't even MAKE myself eat a salad. I think its the texture...like I cannot eat oranges cause they make me gag...its wierd lol.:(

Any suggestions on supplements or alternatives that are GOOD, not something lackluster for your body. I saw some cook that mixes veggies in with food so that you can't even taste them but they are good for you. I just don't want all my efforts to go to waste when I hit forty and have a heart attack because I didn't eat enough salad...:p

lol

I have the exact same problem. I can't eat any fruit or veg - it makes me feel ill and I simply can't eat them. :(

DickDan
14-04-08, 12:22
I love every type of food on this earth apart from peas. I CANNOT stand peas. Everything else i like, i'm not picky :)

myrmaad
14-04-08, 12:38
I LOVE fruits and vegetables. I've nibbled on Lettuce by itself just for heck of it, very sweet and watery, and cool when it's hot outside.

I like peas with mashed potatoes, without potatoes what's the point? :D

I even love Brussels Sprouts ! :ton:

DREWY
14-04-08, 12:56
I love every type of food on this earth apart from peas. I CANNOT stand peas. Everything else i like, i'm not picky :)

I'm like this with pumpkin. If God had meant this for general consumption he wouldn't have put it in such a tough skin!

Earthcane
14-04-08, 13:08
I LOVE fruits and vegetables. I've nibbled on Lettuce by itself just for heck of it, very sweet and watery, and cool when it's hot outside.

I like peas with mashed potatoes, without potatoes what's the point? :D

I even love Brussels Sprouts ! :ton:
Brussel Sprouts rule!!! :ton: (:D)

MiCkiZ88
14-04-08, 13:15
I love fruits, but I did hate vegetables. I've just been forcing myself to eat salads and I've grown to like them, but I HATE tomatoes! They make me feel sick. The taste is just.. horrible. :(

Hmm, this threads makes me want to go and buy some apples and oranges now. :D

Benguitar
14-04-08, 13:15
I love eating them! I actually like them more than bad food! *shakes head* ;)

I am also not picky in what I eat, I will eat just about any meal you make me. ha ha ha. I find it annoying when people are very picky about what they eat. :pi:

myrmaad
14-04-08, 13:16
I don't eat tomatoes in salad, that grosses me out.

I'll eat tomatoes other ways, though.

MiCkiZ88
14-04-08, 13:22
I don't eat tomatoes in salad, that grosses me out.

I'll eat tomatoes other ways, though.I feel sick both ways. And I hate it when they add that tomato slice in to hamburgers, when I ask them not to (main reason I haven't had one in years). Lazy buggers just can't be arsed to make a new one and take one of the already made ones. -.-

Now if there's one fruit I love, it's lemon. :D It's so sour! Strawberries, cranberries and raspberries are great too.

Earthcane
14-04-08, 13:25
I feel sick both ways. And I hate it when they add that tomato slice in to hamburgers, when I ask them not to (main reason I haven't had one in years). Lazy buggers just can't be arsed to make a new one and take one of the already made ones. -.-

Now if there's one fruit I love, it's lemon. :D It's so sour! Strawberries, cranberries and raspberries are great too.
I think I guzzle down at least one whole carton of Cranberry juice every two days.
Yeah, it's true: love the stuff!

I try to eat bannanas and apples each day, but realistically, that's not always the case.

I mean, there is a reason why all the bars and sweets and junkfood are the last thing you see at the cashier, as you're about to pay for your things :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
14-04-08, 13:33
I mean, there is a reason why all the bars and sweets and junkfood are the last thing you see at the cashier, as you're about to pay for your things :tmb:
It's clever marketing within the store. The vegetables and fruits near the entrance give a fresh look to the store and give the impression that it sells quality stuff. There are often flowers and other plants for sale near the entrance as well. Bread and meat are close to eachothers, and dairy products are right after them. The junk food, alcohol and sweets are usually in the back corner or right next to the cashier. Why? You see you might've forgotten something and want something for the evening. Last second buy.

I read an article about that, and it's really clever!

myrmaad
14-04-08, 13:54
I never pay attention to the crap near the counter at all.

In fact I try to stay away from the center aisles I don't shop by pushing the cart up and down each aisle as most americans do. I have my list either in my head or on paper. I go directly around the 4 perimeters: Vegetables, meat, fish, dairy. Then go for example to the coffee aisle and get coffee without wandering up and down any further. Anything needed from the center aisles is procured in a beeline, straight to, then straight away.

Noodleboy
14-04-08, 14:06
I love salads and fruit and everything. I just don't like veggies in my dinner, like broccoli and stuff like that.

Neteru
14-04-08, 14:12
Already food discussion thread existent here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=123751