PDA

View Full Version : teen saves small child from dog attack. (nice story)

stereopathic
14-04-08, 19:07
i've seen a lot of posts asking for a sweet story. well, this one warmed my heart.

Tulsa OK, USA: seventeen-year-old cody phillips rushed to the rescue of his five-year-old neighbor when the boy wandered into a yard where two dogs lived. one was a pit bull, the other was a sharpei (really? a sharpei?). they set on the boy and dragged him 20 yards.

cody heard the screams of the boy's mother and selflessly ran to the rescue, chasing the dogs away.

watch the video to see the warm expressions of thanks from the boy's parents. i was really moved.

story (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080413_1__Ayear75362)
video (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/04/14/dnt.pit.bull.attack.kotv)

rowanlim
14-04-08, 19:12
Oh what a lovely story! That guy's a hero! :tmb: :hug:

Very heartwarming...thanks for sharing ;)

tranniversary119
14-04-08, 19:12
Finally a story that puts a smile to my face :)

Nannonxyay
14-04-08, 19:13
Now, that's what you call bravery. :D

Sweets
14-04-08, 19:32
i've seen a lot of posts asking for a sweet story. well, this one warmed my heart.

Tulsa OK, USA: seventeen-year-old cody phillips rushed to the rescue of his five-year-old neighbor when the boy wandered into a yard where two dogs lived. one was a pit bull, the other was a sharpei (really? a sharpei?). they set on the boy and dragged him 20 yards.

cody heard the screams of the boy's mother and selflessly ran to the rescue, chasing the dogs away.

watch the video to see the warm expressions of thanks from the boy's parents. i was really moved.

story (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080413_1__Ayear75362)
video (http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/04/14/dnt.pit.bull.attack.kotv)

Sharpei's CAN have aggeresive tendencies. Im really sorry for the kid who was attacked but if these two dogs had more responsible owners it wouldn't have happened.:mad:

Capt. Murphy
14-04-08, 20:05
Sharpei's CAN have aggeresive tendencies. Im really sorry for the kid who was attacked but if these two dogs had more responsible owners it wouldn't have happened.:mad:

Those animals should be put to sleep... And the dogs put in an animal shelter. :pi:

:ton:

I'm glad the child is okay. :o Seeing another post in another topic.... It could've been much worse. :mad:

Drone
14-04-08, 21:16
wow great story :) Something positive at last

Sir Croft
14-04-08, 21:35
Great story. I was getting tired of those "the world is going crazy" threads, finally some good news. :)

Mad Tony
14-04-08, 21:56
Good to hear.
Maybe this will silence some of those anit-human people that are always bashing the human race. :)

Draco
14-04-08, 22:04
Hopefully he will learn to stay out of people's yards.

Seb_01225
14-04-08, 22:56
that guys my hero
i love him now.

Chiki Mina
14-04-08, 23:12
Dogs can be good pets but can also turn vicious. I'm terrified of pitbulls. It's very heroic that this teen-ager really risked his life in saving this kid. Wow, is it just me, or is it about time we have a lovely story like this? :tmb:

Sweets
14-04-08, 23:23
Dogs can be good pets but can also turn vicious. I'm terrified of pitbulls. It's very heroic that this teen-ager really risked his life in saving this kid. Wow, is it just me, or is it about time we have a lovely story like this? :tmb:

Have you ever been bitten by one?

Chiki Mina
14-04-08, 23:36
Have you ever been bitten by one?

No, thank God. But for a 3 year old child - facing one was pretty scarry. He kept barking and barking - and those teeth. My heroic cousin decided to leave me so the dogs would eat me, not him :rolleyes:

Laurencarter
15-04-08, 19:16
It's great to hear a story like that for a change.

JamesFKirk
15-04-08, 22:34
A similar thing happenned to me and my sister some ten years back. It wasn't that hard fighting a dog (luckily, it was no fighter) since it attacked my sister...

glitterpaws
15-04-08, 22:45
Awww...At last some good news that makes me feel good:D

Legend of Lara
16-04-08, 14:15
Awww...
When these kinds of things happen the world seems a bit less disasteriffic. :)