PDA

View Full Version : Adding textures to StrPix?

Sharon_14
15-04-08, 08:47
How to do that? :tea:

(Pretty much short massage but ok)

Lara's Backpack
15-04-08, 09:44
... there are tutorials for this if you bothered looking...

Open your wad in WadMerger. Click "add texture." Save your wad. Open strpix. Find texture. apply texture. Save.

done. :wve:

Yasin
15-04-08, 10:08
And a small other things you should know.

The proces of adding textures can be only done 1 at a time. Meaning if you want to add 5 textures, you have to repeat the proces Lara's backpack told you.

Also, you must apply your texture before adding new. Cause WADmerger deletes unused textures as you know except when you add them first time.

Good luck =)

Lara's Backpack
15-04-08, 10:15
thanks Yasin

Piega
15-04-08, 16:08
The proces of adding textures can be only done 1 at a time. Meaning if you want to add 5 textures, you have to repeat the proces Lara's backpack told you.

Nope, not true. You can add more textures in one wad session, as long as you repeat add texture all those textures will be saved. It is a pain to save only one texture, open strpix, texture, save and do it again. I devide a lot of textures to fit on my custom objects. Usually I save 3 textures in one session. But as said you must apply them in strpix or the textures not used will not be saved the next wad session.

ReeceMix
15-04-08, 16:13
you can only add textures with wadmerger onto an animating item

texadd is probabally the best program to add textures , but you have to know the exact pixell dimensions to get strpix to select them. (you manually set the boarder)
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/979/textaddzf9.jpg

Sharon_14
15-04-08, 16:16
Thanks for your help! check the Screenshot showcase thread!