PDA

View Full Version : Angel of Darkness: Redemption

razafan
15-04-08, 09:32
Many people think about this... I guess:D

AOD should be remade with NGLE, this game deserves to be better than it
was thanks to that awfull thing in the software production "DEADLINES", that
sucks:hea: so it shoulds be remade, what do you think...?

WhiteTiger
15-04-08, 09:35
Better something new and original :)

ggctuk
15-04-08, 09:38
Well, I'm not against CONTINUING that story because it did go unfinished, or making levels based on it, but we don't need to remake it. It's mostly an awful game anyway.

razafan
15-04-08, 09:43
It's not that awfull, at least the betas looked great, I just thought we could bring it back to life using the original and those betas, without those awfull bugs...

Christi
15-04-08, 15:37
To remake that game would requir to have to first finish off the Tenderfoot, and then Anniversary Retold, and it would also requir alot of time and work. Lets bring this subject up after we are done with Retold ok?

ReeceMix
15-04-08, 16:22
remade

Nooo! FGS stop these lame artz remake projects! (that never get finished anyway)

Where have peoples imaginations gone?

all been rotted away with tv and junk food , go read a book!

Christi
15-04-08, 16:44
exatly my point. A lil off topic but, I'm reading Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell! I loove it:jmp:

Zebra
15-04-08, 16:55
Well, I'm not against CONTINUING that story because it did go unfinished, or making levels based on it, but we don't need to remake it. It's mostly an awful game anyway.

I'm SO bored by this!
Most people who say that AoD is awful haven't even played it properly!

IMO it's GREAT!

Yasin
15-04-08, 20:36
Nooo! FGS stop these lame artz remake projects! (that never get finished anyway)

Where have peoples imaginations gone?

It's not gone, it's just that majority of people never heard of Tomb Raider 1,2,3,4,5 before ( let alone played ) and think everything resolves around AOD, TRL or TRA. Oh yea, and Croft manors.

Christi
15-04-08, 20:44
The people that have never heard of TR4 have certainly never heard of level editer...Reese explains alot, you can't keep remaking games that were first off good. The reason TRL and TRA were remade was because people wanted to see what it waslike if it was made with the original engine. AOD is simply to good to be remade:p

ReeceMix
15-04-08, 21:13
The ONLY remake of a TR game I would approve of would be 'TR3 Lost Artifact' because its such a rare game (im suprised that eidos havent given it away yet). And even then it should be a itentical 1:1 remake no fancy interpretations of what 'should have been' The games were all unique, leave them be! and think of something 'more' original for your custom game.

Christi
15-04-08, 21:16
This thread should be closed. razafan, you really have to think of original ideas, and not copy others...;) sorry if I dissapointed you

Spikey
15-04-08, 21:53
@razafan: Are you wanting to actually remake it yourself, or are you just mentioning it as a possible idea?

thecentaur
15-04-08, 21:59
This thread should be closed. razafan, you really have to think of original ideas, and not copy others...;) sorry if I dissapointed you

well, i just wanna comment that many threads are a "INSERT GAME NAME HERE: INSERT SYNONYM TO REMAKE" eg, TombRaiderA: Retold, AOD Remake, TR3 Remake. **sigh**

Christi
15-04-08, 23:50
Reese: please don't yell at eachother, it makes this forum unpleasent...

ggctuk
16-04-08, 09:05
I'm SO bored by this!
Most people who say that AoD is awful haven't even played it properly!

IMO it's GREAT!

I have. I said it's awful mainly because I couldn't control Lara. The environments aren't that bad, the story could have been better and the controls made the game impossible for me.

matrix54
16-04-08, 11:55
i mostly hate walking up stairs and then trying to turn, as well as the jumping. UGH!! and the fighting/shooting.:hea:

but i love it though!!:D

Compass
16-04-08, 12:52
I have. I said it's awful mainly because I couldn't control Lara. The environments aren't that bad, the story could have been better and the controls made the game impossible for me.

I've played it I loved it, I've played it again I hate it :mad:
animations and movements are crap! :p

razafan
16-04-08, 14:02
Its only an idea at start, I'm not a great level designer myself... so I was wondering if someone was up to it... I think this game deserves it... it was so damn good and the bugs screwed him up..,

Yasin
16-04-08, 14:18
Razafan, You do have to realise there is a difference between AOD engine and older TR engines. A remake 1:1 is not possible. Therefor you can only make it as similar as possible. If people wanted to play AOD bugfree then remakes would not be the solution. That task is up to the original game developers. But guess what, that will never happen.

Anyway, back on topic. All these remakes about original TR/levels games only shows that people lack the originality or the knowledge to create one level. In my opinion people should build their own ideas. Ofcourse using themes/textures from original series is not bad, as long as the level itself is mostly self made.

Christi
16-04-08, 14:22
This really is a useless argument.:(

WhiteTiger
16-04-08, 14:24
All these remakes about original TR/levels games only shows that people lack the originality or the knowledge to create one level. In my opinion people should build their own ideas.

:tmb:

Zebra
16-04-08, 16:11
I've played it I loved it, I've played it again I hate it :mad:
animations and movements are crap! :p

The anims are AMAZING!
What you mean is the responsiveness of Lara and Kurtis ;).

kaufi-lc
16-04-08, 16:33
Well I like the story of AOD.
But I think the Tomb-and-Tempel-Factor was just missing in the game.
If you really plan to make a remake it would be cool to change some Locations.
:)

NightWish
16-04-08, 16:36
I think more poeple think about the continuation :whi:

A new game is always better then the old song on new tune :p

Titak
16-04-08, 17:50
Welcome to this forum, razafan! :wve:

mattlsu
16-04-08, 21:58
I'm thinking about 99% of remake projects go unfinished... I had my attempt at a 1-1 remake the original TR1 with updated graphics and lighting. Failed miserably, it became incredibly boring within a short period of time, and TR1 has fewer levels than AOD.

Don't try it. Nobody wants it, and no remake of AOD will compare to the original, in which the flaws were overly exaggerated. AOD was great, leave it be. Please, let's pretend this thread never came up.

AmericanAssassin
16-04-08, 22:03
Instead of a remake, you should make a continuation... That's what I'm doing with my project (sort of). Mine ties in AOD, TRL, and TR1... Plus, I've put my own major twist on who Lara is as a person and the entire idea of Tomb Raider. You should do something similar. Originality is fun. :D

Yasin
17-04-08, 07:39
Aye, a continuation story would be 1000x better then a remake. Mainly due to the reason a continuation story is selfmade, selfplanned level which makes it ( hopefully ) orginal and perhaps more fun to build and play.

To be honest in my early levels I used certain elements or similar looking traps/areas/puzzles from old TR games. Meant as reflecting the wonderful areas which fascinated me.

Christi
17-04-08, 14:52
If you would like to be more successful, and earn the name that I don't have yet (master level builder :pi: Titia...Richard L). Then I would suggest a continuation. I think we all would enjoy and appreciate that more than a remake.:)

na_th_an
17-04-08, 16:48
Any AOD lover should make some sort of a continuation, I mean, what would have been the AOD2 for him or her. That would be a great contribution and you kill two birds with a single shot: 1.- you can develop on a theme you like (AOD), 2.- you can let your imagination fly.

It's a win-win deal ;)