PDA

View Full Version : Notice to TRLE members

tlr online
15-04-08, 23:34
Greetings folks.

I'd like to remind you that our Terms and Conditions apply to all areas of our forum. This includes - but it not exclusive to - the following:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are offensive, derogatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Many of you are incredibly talented, and we welcome your input on our forum and your guidance with folk just learning the ropes. However, more recently some of you have been prone to nothing more than bullying or antagonistic comments. This stops now, or I will stop it for you. Permanently.

The TRLE community is a great one. Please keep it that way.

God Horus
15-04-08, 23:39
Hi tlr,

Yes, I totally agree with you, the TRLE section should be for helping others improve their skill, and for everyone to learn from each other.

d|r
15-04-08, 23:43
Finally an administrator has stepped in! It's downright bullying what some people say, and I'm glad that this rude behavior is being addressed.

Christi
15-04-08, 23:51
Yes, I have tried to stop fighting:

(last post)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=123823

(last post)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=2640909#post2640909

But we all need to work equal and in a friendly way so, stop being pecamists everyone!:)

stranger1992
15-04-08, 23:54
I dont think we need to point fingers here

Dont point them at me. I know I am down right horrible sometimes but you noticed I stopped when i got banned ;)

Christi
15-04-08, 23:56
OMG we just had a discussion on how some guy 'posed' as Titia. THAT was just downright unholy-blackhearted:(

stranger1992
15-04-08, 23:59
Yes, but thats not forum related..its very personal. Pretending to be someone your not is against the law and certainly very nasty.

LaraCablara
15-04-08, 23:59
Thank you tlr online :wve:

God Horus
16-04-08, 00:01
All members have cooled down. We don't get 4 pages of spam every time somebody posts a screenshot, so things have changed for the better.

Also, let's not talk about the MSN impersonator we have on our hands right now, there is not much I think we can really do about it, I have already contacted abuse [at] hotmail [ d o t] com about this person.

matrix54
16-04-08, 00:12
*keeps mouth closed.

if i did anything i apologize.:)

tlr online
16-04-08, 03:43
Forgot to add. Please help us by reporting any unacceptable behaviour to me via PM, including a link to the post you are referencing.

Thanks.

Sharon_14
16-04-08, 03:47
You're exetremely right, people are flaming each other for many stupid things.
(This is fake)

tomblover
16-04-08, 07:45
I didn't report anything because I thought if I used the report button too much it'd break the server, as much fighting as there has been. :p

Thanks for stepping in though, tlr. :tmb:

tlr online
16-04-08, 11:04
your right it is a Jump switch , but its wadmergers command (from that animation) that moves lara to a different direction/area, pretty basic really , people who want to be secretive are ****heads

This is an example of what I'm talking about. Reece won't be back here for a while.

tombraiderluka
16-04-08, 11:11
Greetings folks.

This stops now, or I will stop it for you. Permanently.

Such power :D

Anyway,it's great that you did this, people will certainly fight less :tmb:

matrix54
16-04-08, 11:53
This is an example of what I'm talking about. Reece won't be back here for a while.

Guess the poles wont get done for a while as well...

dcw123
16-04-08, 12:00
I am so annoyed with nearly every thread involving personal hate and arguments.:(
I myself would never be that cruel to anyone though, but you know what they say.. people never change:o

Christi
16-04-08, 14:26
Forgot to add. Please help us by reporting any unacceptable behaviour to me via PM, including a link to the post you are referencing.

Thanks.

Certainly MASTER...:mis:

Sorry, I'm just really mad that someone actually impersonated Titia! But we have to stop talking about that. ok I'll stop talking about it;)

(wait, whats the report button?)

snork
16-04-08, 14:26
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are offensive, derogatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

I once tried to look up what 'Forum Rules' have to say on that and was astonished to not find any such topic.
I then waded through the tons of boring legal stuff in the terms and conditions, where I finally found one little sentence that also mostly seems to be legally concerned and I had to look up this odd neverseenbefore word derogatory to realise that is actually all that is there
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are ... derogatory, ... .

Not that I think having more prominent 'Forum Rules' actually have a big impact, but still, very hidden.

In the sticky about previously :confused: sticky topics one can find this on trle subforum netiquette,
Please read this first : FORUM NETIQUETTE (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=75927)
I always wondered why it was un-stickied.
----------------
----------------
:ton:
if i did anything i apologize.:)
Oh, yes, YOU, you, errm, errm, ...., errm, well, yes : you didn't say anything nice about my (real life) cat. :mad:
Errm, yes, well, errm, that's probably it ...

Zelda master
16-04-08, 14:43
Many of you are incredibly talented, and we welcome your input on our forum and your guidance with folk just learning the ropes. However, more recently some of you have been prone to nothing more than bullying or antagonistic comments. This stops now, or I will stop it for you. Permanently.

Isnīt this a little harsh... i meen a warning ban first sounds more reasonable to me... but hey thats just me:p

Titak
16-04-08, 18:27
We have already very often tried to stop people from bullying and making antagonistic comments.
People know already. ;)

Zelda master
16-04-08, 18:56
Well thats true i guess:o

scion05
16-04-08, 18:59
It's about time this thread was made :tmb:

Zelda master
16-04-08, 19:03
It's about time this thread was made :tmb:

Which actually make me wonder why the hell it toke so long:p

God Horus
16-04-08, 20:05
I just want people to know what it feels like to post rude comments to a screen/video/anyones work. You may think it is funny, but if you think deeply, is making somebody else feel bad about themselves funny? NO!

The reason I quit my previous project is because I got rude comments beyond belief, and the worst part is, they would NOT stop, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

So please, you need to realize that no body starts of as an excellent level builder, but they need your kind constructive criticism to help them learn more, and improve your skills. They do not need for you tell tell them their project looks [insert rude comments here].

The TRLE community has really changed over the past few weeks, and I find people WAY nicer, and I am seeing that people are really helping others out, and that is what we need here!

So overall, like tlr said, be nice, and be polite, and be helpful! :wve:

Xico15
16-04-08, 20:17
I just want people to know what it feels like to post rude comments to a screen/video/anyones work. You may think it is funny, but if you think deeply, is making somebody else feel bad about themselves funny? NO!

The reason I quit my previous project is because I got rude comments beyond belief, and the worst part is, they would NOT stop, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

So please, you need to realize that no body starts of as an excellent level builder, but they need your kind constructive criticism to help them learn more, and improve your skills. They do not need for you tell tell them their project looks [insert rude comments here].

The TRLE community has really changed over the past few weeks, and I find people WAY nicer, and I am seeing that people are really helping others out, and that is what we need here!

Agreed :tmb:

jeffrey van oort
16-04-08, 21:16
Thank you Mr. Justin. However it's human's nature to feel destructive and be offensive. :)
I wonder or this will do any good. ;) In any case I trust you will be there for the ones that do not succumb to your lesson in ethical behaviour. It is always a pleasure to see you act as keeper of order and justice. It makes my heart go warm. I wonder what work you do besides TombRaider.;)

Lara's Backpack
16-04-08, 22:51
I think perhaps a permanent ban is alittle too harsh. The TRLE world, like the real world is harsh and unfair. Those who make the comments are usually the ones that have helped others with the same problem time and time again and are rather sick of the same questions being asked, once again... Sometimes the answer is right in front of them!

Although of course I in no way support the 'bullying' of other members, a permanent ban - I think - is much too harsh for someone who may have just been alittle ticked off at the time.

Even Picasso would have been told some of this artwork was crap afterall :p He moved on.

Erussack
17-04-08, 23:09
Yikes, I should really work on my temper

Piega
18-04-08, 13:46

As much as I hate overexposed negative comments I also hate overexposed positive comments. Like the polite police on your neck. We all know how to be polite, no need to make it "worse".

Like people making bad comments more bad, does not mean that nice comments need to be more nicer! I sounds like sucking up. Just be normal. I think it will be hard to make it better in here as there is a lot of age difference. Age has certain an influence on how to cope with "negative comments" so occasionally things burst anyway. The improvement need to be on both sides of the coin.