PDA

View Full Version : Happy for the first time in ages

DickDan
17-04-08, 14:20
I woke this morning and i felt happy, not like normal happy, like ecstatic, it is a normal day, nothing different happening 2day. maybe it's the sun shine or the smell of freshly cut grass but something is making me happy. maybe my bro is smoking pot :P. but yeah i haven't been happy in about a year, i doubt this sudden burst of happiness will last since I've been unhappy for all this time. I'd just thought I'd share this happiness with all of you since tomorrow i will be unhappy again. so this leaves me with the question: have any of you ever been unhappy for a long period of time like me? any advice on how to keep my happiness up?

:D

Endow
17-04-08, 14:25
I woke this morning and i felt happy, not like normal happy, like ecstatic, it is a normal day, nothing different happening 2day. maybe it's the sun shine or the smell of freshly cut grass but something is making me happy. maybe my bro is smoking pot :P. but yeah i haven't been happy in about a year, i doubt this sudden burst of happiness will last since I've been unhappy for all this time. I'd just thought I'd share this happiness with all of you since tomorrow i will be unhappy again. so this leaves me with the question: have any of you ever been unhappy for a long period of time like me? any advice on how to keep my happiness up?

:D

Whenever I feel unhappy I go out for adventure. Either go to a place around town I've never been before or simply go out for a walk. Or I just concentrate my strengths on a hobby. Go out with friends, etc.

I don't know about downright unhappiness (since I often complain a bit too much; only when something truly bad happens do I get some sort of context) but boredom or "drift-ness" , sure.

Just seize the day like the saying, and make plans for the future. Little things, that well keep you busy and hopefully in a good mood.

raiderfun
17-04-08, 14:31
Maybe you dreamt about something that made you feel happy :D

When you're unhappy just try to do some sports, and the most important thing is to forget all the troubles and of course always stay optimisic :)

Capt. Murphy
17-04-08, 14:43
Help those who are less fortunate than you.

Soma Holiday
17-04-08, 14:47
Music makes all the difference for me. I usually don't feel really ecstatic about anything, but lately I've been listening to a lot of music that I love, and everytime I listen to it I feel happy and that life is beautiful.

I dunno, I'm turning into a hippie hehe...yesterday I walked through the park, and suddenly this wind gust picked up and thousands of petals fell off this tree and started spinning around me in the sunlight. It looked like the entire park was glittering! It was just beautiful, and it's moments like that that make you realize that you are alive and that life is amazing, and SO worth living.

:)

touchthesky
17-04-08, 14:53
Yes I have been unhappy for a long period of time. Back then I used alcohol to block out what was making me feel unhappy but there is no way I am going to recommend that.

Nowadays, I spend time with the people I love and my animals. It's suprising how much love and happiness you can get from those bundles of fun.
Or even going outside and watching the cows/sheep/horses if you're fortunate enough to be able to do that.

If you have any idea what has made you happy grasp it, take hold of it and never let go.

I hope you continue feeling the way you have today, even if you don't think you will.

rowanlim
17-04-08, 15:46
Sounds good that you're happy. I guess it's better to enjoy it, not try to keep it up because the process of keeping the happiness might make you unhappy instead. Just have an open mind & heart, take everything as an experience, then less things will bother you & you'll be happy :D

Drone
17-04-08, 15:59
focus on good things and as Capt. Murphy said help others, make them feel happy too. Being egocentric isn't a good thing

rickybazire
17-04-08, 16:00
It's a good thing that you're happy.

Yesterday, I was a bit down...then I realised I had a blackout for about 3 hours and I was a bit down. I'm alright now though. No idea why I blacked out.

DickDan
17-04-08, 16:40
How would a 17 year old go about helping those less fortunate than myself?

Endow
17-04-08, 16:47

It's as good an age as any.

Eddie Haskell
17-04-08, 16:50
Good topic.

I am usually unhappy since I am in constant pain, yet some days I feel somewhat happy. My therapy tears me up and leaves me in tears most of the time, but my ever loving wife is always there to try and make me feel better. Other times a relative, friend or military buddy comes by and cheers me up, but that is sometimes fleeting and transient.

What some of the others have stated is exactly right. Helping others is one of the keys to real happiness. Doing something out of the goodness of your heart provides the deepest and most fulfilling good feelings.

Life is a series of ups and downs, even when one is healthy.

Drone
17-04-08, 16:55
^ yup persons making someone else happy, become happier too

Greenkey2
17-04-08, 17:06
I'm glad you're in a good mood ;) :hug: Beats the hell out of waking up with negativity.

Try voluntary work? :wve: