PDA

View Full Version : Glasses.

Obscure
17-04-08, 23:22
I went to the opticians on Friday and it seems I need reading glasses. I've had a problem with my eyes ever since I was nine when the words became out of place and I found it hard to focus. I was sent out of school (for the day) as I made a commotion about it and went to the opticians. They said it was because I was tired and just needed rest. Well I still had the problem, a whole six years later so I went to the Opticians and it seems I need reading glasses. He said I should grow out of needing them when I'm older and that the fact I need them now is because of puberty. My question is anyway, do any of you need glasses or did you have a similar case like mine? My stepdad was given glasses when he was my age and told the exact same thing but now he has glasses full time.
I was wondering if there is a possibility of my shortsighted vision being caused by puberty and growth spurts etc?

cococomics_pres
17-04-08, 23:44
This happened to my sister actually. It was always thought that she had some sort of vision problem, but eventually she was seeing at a 20/20 level. Not sure how that works, but it does I guess.

But hey don't fret- if you need a vision-helping device, you can get contacts, maybe even colored ones! Or cateyes! That's what I would do if I needed glasses!

Obscure
17-04-08, 23:51
This happened to my sister actually. It was always thought that she had some sort of vision problem, but eventually she was seeing at a 20/20 level. Not sure how that works, but it does I guess.

But hey don't fret- if you need a vision-helping device, you can get contacts, maybe even colored ones! Or cateyes! That's what I would do if I needed glasses!

Oh good, that's good to hear.

I'm not worried about glasses, the ones I have are really nice and I only have to wear them sometimes when reading. Not all the time, but glasses are in fashion at the moment. So I guess I picked the right time.

Inkheart
17-04-08, 23:58
I'm not worried about glasses, the ones I have are really nice and I only have to wear them sometimes when reading. Not all the time, but glasses are in fashion at the moment. So I guess I picked the right time.

That's good - it's very important that you feel happy with your appearance. Does wonders for confidence. I've had glasses for about five years now, and grew to absolutely loathe them. Luckily I'm onto contacts now, but just normal ones, not coloured or anything.

Drone
18-04-08, 07:40
it's better to wear the glasses otherwise your vision will become worse. And that's right, after some period you won't need them anymore.

Angelus
18-04-08, 07:43
Yeah, just wear them. :hug: