PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Of the Hibaru King

ajewers
18-04-08, 16:34
Ok, my old thread has been lost into the depths of the TRLE forum, so i'm making a new one.

Tomb of the Hibaru King

Story: The Hibaru were a nomadic raiding tribe who lived in ancient egypt at the time of the great pharoahs. They were hated by all egyptains because of their war like nature and because the stole from, killed and generally harmed the egyptians. Their king was a ferocious warrior named [(insert name when i think one up)] he ruled the Hibaru and lead them to a time of greatness when they were rich and powerful and feared in all of egypt. When he died his many loyal tribes of Hibaru created a vast tomb for him, which was used to gaurd the hibaru treasures for the next 300 years, untill the army's of the pharoah wiped them from the earth. To this day no one has dared enter the tomb, for fear of the many curses and traps laid down by the Hibaru Mages and Shaman's. Ancient scriptngs have full details of only two of the many traps and curses - The blind mummy who guards the inner sanctum and the green poison, the scurge of theives. Record of the other traps and curses has been lost to time. Apart from that, what lies inside the tomb fortress is unknown.... Until now.

I've finnished making the first level, which unfortunately is not brilliant, so im now on the second level wich is looking to be much, much better.

Heres a few screens:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Load-Screen.png

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Pillar-Room.png

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Deep-tomb-2-1.png

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Above-Grate.png

More to come...

Yes is it set in egypt and for that im very sorry, but now I'm slowly working in a huge twist that will make it nothing like any other egyptian tomb. ;) but thats a secret you will only find out by playing it on release :)

please tell me what you think, I'm looking throught the old thread to find some good screens.....

tlr online
18-04-08, 16:36
I love water based levels. I really should fire up my TRLE once in a while.

Larson_1988
18-04-08, 17:21
^ Yes, you should! :D

ajewers, i really like those textures and the way the you're planning the level. :D

jeffrey van oort
18-04-08, 17:23

Wow. ;) Then you are going to love Haven:D (Tenderfoot lvl pack I am working on;))

Looks good ajewers. Will there be demigods? and divers:D

ajewers
18-04-08, 17:41
Wow. ;) Then you are going to love Haven:D (Tenderfoot lvl pack I am working on;))

Looks good ajewers. Will there be demigods? and divers:D

Well I hadn't thought about using the demi god... Maybe i will....
Whats a diver? lol never heard of it before...

Titak
18-04-08, 18:33
Starting to look good, ajewers!:tmb:

I love water based levels. I really should fire up my TRLE once in a while. Yes you should! Lots of good levels out there. :tmb:

snork
18-04-08, 18:55
Very good storywriting
Yes is it set in egypt and for that im very sorry,
Hehe, the longer I play custom levels, the more I tend to like egyot levels. In the beginning they were my least favourite.
Is it really that dark ingame or is it just the screenshots give that impression ?

There is no excuse not to do so ...

God Horus
18-04-08, 19:24
Yes, I would like to see tlr build a level. :D

Anyways, your level looks very nice ajewers!

Lara_Fan
18-04-08, 19:59
I also would like to see a custom level made by tlr :D

@ajewers
I really like the textures and the construction of the level(s). I really like the ambience - the mystic darkness. Love it.
Can't wait for more screens.
Keep up the gd work :)

jeffrey van oort
18-04-08, 20:05
Well I hadn't thought about using the demi god... Maybe i will....
Whats a diver? lol never heard of it before...

Here it is.
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1049

I would love to see a return of the demigods in an Egypt level. Surprise is a great way how to handle the stun effect. With a breathtaking view you will certainly be able to make sure.
Perhaps you can have the divers to follow Lara in this water areas:D I am positively sure that this is going to be a hit. You seem to be very precise in texturing:D if the gameplay is handled with care in the same way I am sure this will be hit!!

snork
18-04-08, 21:32
Please don't use no divers.

Stay true with your very good storyline,
Jeffrey you may want to read that again to see why divers do not fit in.

jeffrey van oort
18-04-08, 21:49

Well ok. It was merely a suggestion:D It could be something like the mercenaries in TombRaider Legend after Lara got to the ceremonial copy of the sword. All of the sudden the temple is full of hired guns;) Maybe they stopped being superstitios when they realised Lara had set foot on the cursed place and the sky had not turn red yet..:D Who knows. suggestions create new ideas. And ideas are the energybatteries for the creations that are called in a later stage, Brilliant pieces of work.

ajewers
19-04-08, 11:24
Here it is.
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1049

I would love to see a return of the demigods in an Egypt level. Surprise is a great way how to handle the stun effect. With a breathtaking view you will certainly be able to make sure.
Perhaps you can have the divers to follow Lara in this water areas:D I am positively sure that this is going to be a hit. You seem to be very precise in texturing:D if the gameplay is handled with care in the same way I am sure this will be hit!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence :) I am trying to make this second level much better than the first with decent textures and fun gameplay.

Well ok. It was merely a suggestion:D It could be something like the mercenaries in TombRaider Legend after Lara got to the ceremonial copy of the sword. All of the sudden the temple is full of hired guns;) Maybe they stopped being superstitios when they realised Lara had set foot on the cursed place and the sky had not turn red yet..:D Who knows. suggestions create new ideas. And ideas are the energybatteries for the creations that are called in a later stage, Brilliant pieces of work.

Yer I don't need hired guns to make the end exiting, the twist i mentioned should handle that :)

Thanks for complimenting my story line lol i wrote it in like 5 minutes :vlol: but yer im sticking to it....

I'm not goin to do much building today cos im doin tons of revision, soon as my tests and stuff aree over, ill be able to work on the level.
THanmks for all the comments :) may give you a screenie in a bit...

jeffrey van oort
21-04-08, 20:52
How is the progress going?
The twist really got me interested:D
I hope to get to see some more screenshots soon:D

ajewers
22-04-08, 15:28
I've Just finnished off a dark underground cave section, but its hard to show it really because its so dark you can't see much.

Once i finnish the objects, triggers, lighting, testing ect (almost done) Then i will work on the next area which will show some good shots. I've got to work out how to do flipmaps properly so i can do this one bit, and i need a good sound effect: Does anyone know where i could get a gurgling noise like slime going down a plug hole?

But just to keep you interested here are some screenshots that were on the old thread:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Goo-Room-1.png

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Goo-Room-2.png

jeffrey van oort
22-04-08, 17:10
Try youtube for the slimenoise and convert it with vixy.net to audio only.

It does look like slime, I wonder why?:D ghostbusters?:D lol

ajewers
29-04-08, 16:25
Okaaaaay... Ive got a flipmap question... If i had 2 rooms, room A and room B, and room A had a flipped version, so room A flipped, In the normal room A i don't want a door to room B, but in Flipped A i want a door, is that possile? because the door is covered by the slime, which has to be moved (flipmap)

n e how Ive still got no more to show at the moment, soz....

Jessica
29-04-08, 16:33
Looks and sounds great ajewers. Can't wait to play. :tmb:

Zelda master
29-04-08, 16:51
Okaaaaay... Ive got a flipmap question... If i had 2 rooms, room A and room B, and room A had a flipped version, so room A flipped, In the normal room A i don't want a door to room B, but in Flipped A i want a door, is that possile? because the door is covered by the slime, which has to be moved (flipmap)

n e how Ive still got no more to show at the moment, soz....

The door has to be there befor you flipmap the room, once you made the door cover it in some way by editing the rooms floor or ceiling, and in the flipmap remove it so that the door way becomes visable:)

ajewers
29-04-08, 18:19
Awesome, thanks Zelda :)

ajewers
13-05-08, 16:20
Ok Update:

Progress has been slow due to some stupid exams, but now i can put in some effort (lol me? effort? pah!) and get some more done. Ive got a level structure as it stands at the moment:

1. Tomb Entrance (99%) still needs a few touches
2. Deep Tomb (45%) working on
3. Underground caves (0%) planning in my head ;)
4. Burial chambers (0%)
5. Inner sanctum (0%)

Ive had some set backs with flipmap issues and have been unable to use some of my cool ideas :( but ive found a way around, and will be moving on.

At the moment I have no new screenshots but i will soon.

I need a couple of things though and these I realy can't do mself so im looking to see if anyone can:

1. Can anyone create a small texture to go on a donut shaped object that will be basicly stone, but shiny stone. I need to be able to variate it to be three different colours (Orange, Red and dark blue) if anyone could make that i would be so greatful :)

2. I also need a couple of black stone like textures (object textures again) if anyone has played oblivion a bit like the wall coulour in the evil daedra realms (in the towers with all the creepy deamons) a few variations (some dark some slightly lighter but still quite dark)that would be awesome. If there are any texture guru's out there that could help me it would be ver cool.

3. [Will edit when i remember what it was]

I will get some screens up soon
cheers

ajewers
19-05-08, 10:05
Here are the screenshots I said I would show, It took me a while to sort out the flipmap stuff but now i can really start making some progress.

I can't say to much about these screenshots because it might spoil the twist in the plot.

The pictures are very dark so I did some colour correction in photoshop, so ill show the originals and the corrected ones:

Originals:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Beneath-Skull-Bridge-1.png
-
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Beneath-Skull-Bridge-2.png

Corrected: These are just to show the room better, the colours are very weird on some:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Beneath-Skull-Bridge-1-Auto.png
-
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/Beneath-Skull-Bridge-2-Auto.png
-
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/BSB1-Auto-Level-Smart-Fix.png

I hope you like! If you are thinking "whats with all the skulls?" You will have to play the game to find out :D

*PH*
19-05-08, 17:55
change the outfit to something like biker outfit or so

lara_larson
19-05-08, 18:07
or a bikini. so much easily to move around in.

tizerist
20-05-08, 23:28
its incredibly hard to make an egyptian levelset appeal to people, mainly because Last Revelation and The Rescue covered everything already. Apart from River Nile i suppose.

So when you say one of the levels is calles Burial Chambers, is that like a return to TR4's burial chambers or a different area?

d|r
20-05-08, 23:42
change the outfit to something like biker outfit or so

Why? The outfit doesn't make the level. I really like the default outfit, I don't think it needs changing.

Lara_Fan
21-05-08, 07:50
Why? The outfit doesn't make the level. I really like the default outfit, I don't think it needs changing.

Maybe or just replace it with a classic remake outfit :)

ajewers
21-05-08, 16:21
Oh burial chambers is completely different to TR4, I didnt know there was already one called that ill rename it to lsomething else...

And I realised that egyptain levels don't appeal so by about half way through level 2 it starts to break away frrom traditional egyptian tomb and become something way different.......

..... and far more sinister.

Btw I don't want to change the outfit, I quite like the classic outfit and changing it might make the rest of the game look bad, because I have ony used the very standard editor and trep, no fancy upgrades, so I'm gonna stick with the classic outfit.

ajewers
14-06-08, 20:11
Ok Big update!

I've been very busy with school for a while but Ive been slogging on with the project and basicly finnished the second level!
Here's how things stand now:

Ive had a slight re-jig of the levels:

Tomb Entrance - 99%
Deep Tomb - 99%
Underground Caverns - 1% (planning) < Work Begins Tommorow! :)
Inner Sanctum - 0% < this is still in my head and if I can work it all out, it should make an exellent finale to the level set!

No new screenshots, from here on in I'm keeping things hushed and quiet because it would ruin the story, but it is looking nice and deadly! Ihave been working on some custom objects, and they look quite good, but im rubbish at making textures for them :(

this is a plea to any one who is good at object textures if they could give me some hints or help me make a nice black stone texture id be ever so grateful. I basicly just need something that looks like stone but very dark grey / black. if anyone could help i'd be so grateful. Thanks.