PDA

View Full Version : Movie Soundtracks, WTF?

la-la-lara
18-04-08, 17:04
Hey guys. Sorry for not having been to the forums for quite a while, but I'm going through a hard time.

Anyway, does anyone of you know why many movie soundtracks do not include all of the songs played in a movie? For example, in the "La vie en rose" OST the song "L' accordeoniste" (which you will hear in the scene where Piaf faints - kind of an important one) is not included. In "Walk the line" too, many songs like "Time's a wastin' ", "I miss you already", "Candyman" are not included in the OST, though you do hear them in some movie scene.
I don't know if you've noticed, but I do hope you can help me. Because I get to search for these songs every time!

Thanx.
:wve:

Vertigo
18-04-08, 17:08
I`m so glad you`re here! I`ve think about you yesterday! :yik:

Sorry can`t help you but I`ve noticed that too. That`s copyright or something. Sometimes they make TWO parts of ost. I was wondering why too many songs from Trainspotting were cut out but I find out second cd! And it`s including the rest of songs. So try find another Walk the Line cd!

remote91
18-04-08, 18:49
Does the licence for the song not run out or something?

I know that on the Season 8 DVD of Charmed they had to use a different song for the opening credit because the licence had expired.

la-la-lara
20-04-08, 15:36
I don't think so Vertigo. Although I wish there were a second CD, if you go to Amazon, you will only find one tracklist, which means that there is only one CD, that one that I already have.
Thanx anyway. ;)

Vertigo
20-04-08, 15:58
Yes but sometime OST complain two versions. Like:
http://www.kinopoisk.ru/images/album/cover_face/339_200x200.jpg and http://www.kinopoisk.ru/images/album/cover_face/340_200x200.jpg

Two different editions

Wiki told me about traditional songs in Walk the Line http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_the_Line_(soundtrack)

That were other singers who sing I miss you already, Candyman etc

touchthesky
20-04-08, 18:06
Maybe what you are looking for is on the "score"?

Anyway, urgh, they changed stuff musically on "Skins."

They had cover songs on the DVD's rather than the proper artists. And the Gossips song on the soundtrack was a remix.

Lonely Istari
20-04-08, 22:10
This bothers me as well!

And how about when they put a song on a Soundtrack disc that is not even in the movie? :mad:

Vertigo
20-04-08, 22:12
This bothers me as well!

And how about when they put a song on a Soundtrack disc that is not even in the movie? :mad:

lol gud Q! Like Cradle of Life OST! Even three songs we can hear in the movie :D
PS This ost sux! I love first one!

Lonely Istari
21-04-08, 01:16
lol gud Q! Like Cradle of Life OST! Even three songs we can hear in the movie :D
PS This ost sux! I love first one!

Grr! That's so annoying! lol

Haven't heard the cradle of life OST, but I do love the first one as well :)

ben croft
21-04-08, 01:17
Yeah this bothers me too

:wve:

Shark_Blade
21-04-08, 01:34
Yeah I hate it when that happens too. :mad:

Soma Holiday
21-04-08, 01:43
There was a song at the end of Underworld that everyone was looking for and NO ONE could identify it or find it, and it wasn't on either soundtracks...then surprise! 4 years later the song appears from a band named Black Light Burns! The excerpt from the film was an incomplete clip! I was so happy when I found it!

I dunno...Not all movies are like that. I prefer when they release a score and a soundtrack...the score usually has the composed music, and the sountrack has all the songs from the film plus extra ones that fit the mood...but sometimes you get ones like the Shoot Em Up soundtrack that only has like 8 songs when the movie had like 30 I swear! It kinda sucks.

Shark_Blade
21-04-08, 02:17
I hate it when in the movie there's a song I really like but when I bought the soundtrack, the song was altered or in a different version. Absolutely detest that. :mad: Even worse when the song is nowhere to be found in the OST. What kind of incompetence is that?