PDA

View Full Version : Element Puzzle troubles

Titak
18-04-08, 21:45
Hi :wve:

The 'dirt' part of the Element Puzzle doesn't work properly for me... :(

I've copied PICKUP_ITEM1 (bag with sand) into my wad, as well as the ELEMENT_PUZZLE and the LARA_DIRT_MESH.
I've entered the number 2 in the OCB of the ELEMENT_PUZZLE to make it the 'dirt' element, just like the readme says. The 'dirt' symbol has appeared on the puzzle, so everything looks good.

But when I place Lara in front of the puzzle and select the 'bag of sand' from the inventory, she only says 'no' and refuses to use the sand. :confused:

The water part of the puzzle works like a charm exept for the fact that the audio track is triggered right away, while it is only supposed to play after both water and dirt have been placed.

Any ideas?

Titak
18-04-08, 21:51
Forum effect seems to be kicking in! :vlol:

It works now, but I sometimes have to choose the 'bag of sand' several times from the inventory before Lara performs her LARA_DIRT_MESH action/animation. :confused:
Quite annoying actually...

Any ideas?

Christi
18-04-08, 22:09
Wait, lol...In HM, I had this problem with placing one of those ingredient things into the bowls in the monestary. (Mustard seed, grass, and the medicene all worked, except for the other one.) Is tha t sort of what this is?

ukraider
18-04-08, 22:14
Titak add the LARA_PETROL_MESH to your wad and then try it might be a quirk of the level editor. When I wrote the tutorial I used all three puzzle elements and experienced no problems with it. :)

Titak
20-04-08, 12:06
@ Christi:
I haven't used the ELEMENT_PUZZLE anywhere in HM. ;)

@ ukraider:
LARA_PETROL_MESH is already present in my wad. ;)
I haven't tested again since I started this thread but I will come crying again when I keep having problems with it. :D

First I have to sort out a werid bug with a rollingball... It just floats slowly down to the ground when triggered. All other rollingballs work fine... :confused:

Michiel
20-04-08, 13:03
Do you have the correct entry in the script? If the script entry is not correct Lara might refuse to put in the bag of sand. On this (http://www.trsearch.org/wiki/Element_Puzzle) page you can find the script entry. I once had the same trouble, but placing the correct line into the script fixed it and Lara could put the sand in it again.

Fluen
24-05-08, 10:23
A little late as Titak may already have solved her problem, but I have learned that Lara is very likely to refuse if she hasn't gone into her standing still position.

So let her stand perfectly still before using any of the element puzzle objects and she's more cooperative (the same goes with the binoculars, but in that case the inventory just closes).

TrKing_Rulz
24-05-08, 10:42

It works now, but I sometimes have to choose the 'bag of sand' several times from the inventory before Lara performs her LARA_DIRT_MESH action/animation. :confused:

Any ideas?

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't that a bug from the original game?

jeffrey van oort
24-05-08, 11:20

Any ideas?

This is normal.
If you play TombRaider 4 you will find that here to you have to select the item several times sometimes.
I think it is a position bug or animation frame bug.