PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Movie you Have ever Seen

MyRaider4Life
19-04-08, 00:22
what is the Scariest movie you have ever seen mine is "Dawn of The Dead" the first time i saw it it was scary but the second time it was smooth sailin

Last Angel
19-04-08, 00:24
Saw 3 the uncut version :yik:

Geck-o-Lizard
19-04-08, 00:25
The nightvision scene at the end of REC is the only thing that's ever creeped me out enough to make me look away from the screen... I knew I wouldn't be doing myself any favours if I watched it; I saw a few seconds of it and knew that would be enough to make me jump at shadows for the next month. (and I was right) :|

Encore
19-04-08, 00:26
For me it was Ju-On and also Shutter (the original thai movie):o

Chiki Mina
19-04-08, 00:29
The most that scared the :cen: out of me were The Exorcist, Amttville Horror...that's about it. I mean, those two movies left me sleep with the light on for a while. Not to mention their theme music O_O

Endow
19-04-08, 00:29
The Exorcist's director's cut is up there, no doubt.

MyRaider4Life
19-04-08, 00:30
i heard about Ju-on is it as scary as people say it is.
i have only seen the grudge 2 not Ju-on

Rivendell
19-04-08, 00:37
The film that's scared me the most is Session 9. The atmosphere throughout the film made my spine tingle - and I kept having to look behind me during the film it was just that creepy. I actually had to sleep with the light on after watching it. I was 18 at the time.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/Gorefan_2006/session_nine.jpg

:eek:

Encore
19-04-08, 00:42
i heard about Ju-on is it as scary as people say it is.
i have only seen the grudge 2 not Ju-on

For me it was.. I literally couldn't sleep that night :eek: (how embarassing).

I also saw the Grudge 2 but it didn't scare me at all, I thought it was one of the worst horror movies I'd seen in years. I suggest you watch the originals! :tmb:

The nightvision scene at the end of REC is the only thing that's ever creeped me out enough to make me look away from the screen... I knew I wouldn't be doing myself any favours if I watched it; I saw a few seconds of it and knew that would be enough to make me jump at shadows for the next month. (and I was right) :|

OH MAN I wanna see this movie so bad..

Tyrannosaurus
19-04-08, 00:48
what is the Scariest movie you have ever seen mine is "Dawn of The Dead" the first time i saw it it was scary but the second time it was smooth sailinOriginal or Director's Cut?

Anyway, the movies that scare me most do it through their ideas and not through the cheap one-trick thrills. On a purely manipulative level, I was frightened by:

Aliens (1986)
28 Days Later (2002)
The Exorcist (1973)
Last House on the Left (1972)
The Devil's Rejects (2005)

On the level of subtext, the following films scared me:

Alien (1979)
1984 (1984)
The Seventh Seal (1957)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Memento (2000)
Deliverance (1972)
Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

Gregori
19-04-08, 01:03
Audition

Ringu

The Omen

Goodfellas

TR 4 LIFE
19-04-08, 01:14
The exorcist.....very scary movie!!!!!! :yik:

Thorir
19-04-08, 01:42
Kairo. Depressing, bleak and scary movie! I felt horrible for days after watching it.

Though almost no violence, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, was pretty disturbing...

Encore
19-04-08, 02:12
Kairo. Depressing, bleak and scary movie! I felt horrible for days after watching it.

Oh I agree completely. But for me it was more depressing than scary. But it's an excellent movie.

tranniversary119
19-04-08, 02:16
Saw 3 the uncut version :yik:

That movie was disgusting =X
For me: The Exorcist.. Knowing that it can actually happen freaks me out so much :(

oocladableeblah
19-04-08, 04:56
Probably the ring. I don't usually watch those types of horror movies I'm more of a slasher horror fan.

Rexie
19-04-08, 05:03
Djin. I don't think that you can find that movie anywhere now but it's about few teenagers who wanted to play a little game, they sat letters in a ring on that table and then they sat the pointer so it said "All Die" IM not spoiling more...

and Creep, I could not sleep for days...and meh, didnt care that it was 18+ :/

silver_wolf
19-04-08, 05:33
John Carpenter's The Thing. Freakiest movie I ever saw, and it makes you really paranoid; I didn't trust my dog for weeks. It was unfortunately not recieved well when it came out since it was released the same time as E.T and people preferred friendly aliens to shape-shifting monsters. Still scarier than most "horror" movies these days and the effects are great.

Vertigo
19-04-08, 06:51

Ditto and ditto:yik:
PS The end of the Shutter was....:yik::yik::yik: x5

Rexie, are you talking about CREEP?

Rexie
19-04-08, 07:04
Ditto and ditto:yik:

Rexie, are you talking about CREEP?

Yes! Thankyou for fiding the name ^-^

hera7days
19-04-08, 07:15
Scariest for me goes to The Ring.

Close seconds go to The Grudge, Pulse, and Kairo.

I'm currently watching Uzumaki. The manga was pretty horrifying, so I have high hopes.

Angelus
19-04-08, 07:35
Wolf Creek.

It didn't scare me like a usual horror film, but made me uncomfortable watching it - a first for me.

Survival
19-04-08, 07:36
Oh **** not this again

Angelus
19-04-08, 07:40
Oh **** not this again

:vlol:

Survival
19-04-08, 07:48
:vlol:

Well there´s like thousand of these threads now...

*sigh*

Anyway I agree that the [REC] ending was quite impressive...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/Luki_/bscap0087.jpg

Naz2000
19-04-08, 08:25
The Exorcist and the Japanese Ring:
Exorcist - It is just so weird the things the little girl does and her face is terrifying!
J-Ring: It's much more quieter than the American version and doesn't use fake looking effects

tomblover
19-04-08, 08:29
Teletubbies. :yik:

Seriously, I couldn't sleep for months. :( I still hear the creepy voice in my head.

"Time for teletubby bye-bye!"

:(

Rexie
19-04-08, 08:49
Teletubbies. :yik:

Seriously, I couldn't sleep for months. :( I still hear the creepy voice in my head.

"Time for teletubby bye-bye!"

:(

Meh :/ I remember when I cried when the season was over...

Seb_01225
19-04-08, 09:08
CREEP.
that really scared me because i hate the weird doctor guy
killing the baby's and putting them in jars:(

Clara [CA]
19-04-08, 10:10
CREEP.
Yeah, that movie makes you look at the subway differently :p For me, it was IT. I saw it years ago and I'm still scared of clowns :( More recently, Darkness (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0273517/) made me freak out a bit.

James_Rutland
19-04-08, 10:25
Darkness Falls.

Ugh.

MoonSword
19-04-08, 10:27
The Exorcist and the Japanese Ring

Same for me.

Paperdoll
19-04-08, 10:31

Same answer for me. Also add to that Ju-On: The Curse (since I'm guessing you're referring to Ju-On: The Grudge) and most recently, Noroi, a kind of Blair Witch flick but where you actually see something... *shivers*. Din't flat out scare me as much as it made me uneasy.

As far as the Ju-On movies go... much better than the remake, that lacks in serious atmosphere and ends up following the typical "girl gets cursed, girl goes find source of the curse, girl seemingly gets rid of the curse, and the big chilly finale". Because no one ****s with Kayako but seriously... people... The Ring much?

And the jaw(less) scene in Ju-On: The Curse is so much better than In The Grudge :D

I'd post it here but the mods would probably get their whips and chains and make me minced meat :D although it's horrible CGI XD

Damn right :eek: I was having back pain issues at the time... so you can see how I was totally freaked out about that XD

Other than those... no other movie really scared me, to be honest. And even those I mentioned... I can breeze through them easily now.

Paul H
19-04-08, 10:44
Loose Change (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8510748876310097541) because true stories are always the scariest.

-DaNnEe..
19-04-08, 11:10
Exorcist Directors Cut. :eek:

zappo3000
19-04-08, 11:15
return of the jedi when vader's mask came off. (i was younger then, it doesnt scare me now)
and silent hill

Kerrigan
19-04-08, 11:28
Anyway I agree that the [REC] ending was quite impressive...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/Luki_/bscap0087.jpg
From what film is that taken?
I haven't watched so many horror films myself, probably the one that disturbed me the most was The Ring.( I've only seen the American version.).I watched The Grudge and thought it was garbage, it bored me to death.

Vertigo
19-04-08, 11:44
Wanna see The Ruins but can`t find right theatre here. Dunno why it`s all about limited shows or something. Anybody have seen it?

Survival
19-04-08, 11:48
From what film is that taken?

[REC] Spanish horror movie from the director of other brilliant horror movies like The Nameless, Darkness and Fragiles (he also co-wrote plenty of others).

Kerrigan
19-04-08, 12:08
Oh, I see.:p
It caught my attention.And I think the Spanish film school has an interesting style, but I haven't seen Spanish horror films.

jarekhanzelka
19-04-08, 12:14
for me, it's A Tale of Two Sisters

digitizedboy
19-04-08, 13:37
Audition

Ringu

The Omen

Goodfellas

I think Audition was more shocking than scary. Especially where she's cutting that guy's feet off with a cheese wire and going along about it as if it was normal.

I dunno about myself, I'm not that easily scared about movies anymore. But that part in the Ring where the girl comes out the TV creeped me out a bit. lol

AmericanAssassin
19-04-08, 13:39
Stay Alive - Sure, the basis is a bit goofy, but as soon as the music at the beginning plays I'm instantly creeped out. :p

da tomb raider!
19-04-08, 13:41
Alien. :eek:

Vertigo
19-04-08, 13:42

Damn, I`m a neurotic BECAUSE of this film!:yik::vlol: (No joke)
But now I just love watch it and I`m not afraid

dream raider
19-04-08, 13:42
I've watched Wolf Creek which left me uncomfortable and terrified...

I've also watched 28 weeks later which I stopped after 10 minutes because it was absolutely disgusting and I felt really stupid renting such DvD. For what? For scaring the life out of me? No, no. I don't want any of this crap anymore.

Chocolate
19-04-08, 13:44
I always avoid horror films, but the two films that scared me most were "Sphere" and "The Cell".
Not really because of its scary effects though; I think it's more to do with a psycological level.

Voni
19-04-08, 14:00
for me, it's A Tale of Two Sisters

Agreed! It's so creepy and the twist is so unexpected! LOVE IT!

Hollywood are going to ruin it though, but that's an entirely different rant. Grrr...

DREWY
19-04-08, 14:09
I've watched Wolf Creek which left me uncomfortable and terrified...

The scariest thing? Its based on fact http://bestsmileys.com/scared/3.gif

Obscure
19-04-08, 14:12
Scariest film I ever watched was
A Nightmare on Elm Street when I was nine years old, but it isn't even scary. It was the first horror film I ever watched.
I've watched so many horror films at such a young age that I'm used to all horror films and none of them scare me :) Although The Ring gave me a few chills.

Dakaruch
19-04-08, 14:14
Chuckie! :vlol: I'm joking obviously! :p

For me it was either Ju-on, or the Darkness, mostly because of it's sort of twist near the end! :D

dream raider
19-04-08, 14:21
The scariest thing? Its based on fact http://bestsmileys.com/scared/3.gif

Yes, I know. I tried not to think about that...
http://bestsmileys.com/scared/3.gif

Squiffy
19-04-08, 16:19
Probably Silent Hill, 28 Days Later and maybe The Exorcist. I saw Ringu a while ago, but I don't remember being scared by it. In any case, I haven't seen most of the films mentioned here, so now I have better recommendations!

AmericanAssassin
19-04-08, 16:20
Even today, nothing can scare me quite as much as Michael Myers in the original Halloween (not the remake). :D

findme
19-04-08, 16:21
Casper.

Yes i'm bloody well serious.

I seriously CANNOT watch it.

-DEBUG
19-04-08, 17:03
CREEP.
that really scared me because i hate the weird doctor guy
killing the baby's and putting them in jars:(

Ahhhh I have to say I found that really boring, especially when they revealed that weird doctor guy (the main bad guy, forget his name)

Scariest Movie for me; Night of the Living Dead, with Dawn of the Dead a close second.

Eddie Haskell
19-04-08, 17:15
I have seen many scary films, but numero uno for me would have to be the original Bug (http://www.buy.com/prod/bug/q/loc/322/40247247.html) starring Bradford Dillman. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but as a high school kid back in the 70's when I saw this it really freaked me out on many levels. Intelligent cockroaches, man that really creeped me out something fierce.

Vertigo
19-04-08, 17:17
^^^Bug? Reminds me of cool Del Toro`s film by the way! The Mutants. About huge bags in the underground. Creepy.

Tyrannosaurus
19-04-08, 17:37
The Blair Witch Project freaked me out the first time I saw it. Second time through I was bored and had no desire to see it again.

Zainey
19-04-08, 17:49
omg, dont remind me O.O
The scarest movie ive ever seen is the ring (japanese version)
it scared the life outta me!

silver_wolf
19-04-08, 17:50
High five for good taste!:D I love that movie.

TombRaiderLover
19-04-08, 19:16
The Exorcist

Simply because I find Pazuzu's design rather unnerving. Particularly during the "subliminal" flashes. ;)

Christi
19-04-08, 19:20
The Ring:(
(I Loved that movie though)

Nemo_91
19-04-08, 19:25
The Blair Witch Project, I think.

Tidus
19-04-08, 19:28
The Birds,The Amytiville Horror(original of course), and Halloween(again the original) rank top three for me.

McGloomy
19-04-08, 19:56
The Ring was my first horror movie. I watched it together with my mother (we had read the original books before) and we were totally freaked out. In the end I didn't dare to look at the screen anymore.

Olabelle
19-04-08, 19:58
god there's been a bunch. I love horror movies.

I'd have to say..... Alien, the original Halloween (Mike Myers! Woot!), and The Descent.

The first two simply give me chills every time I watch them, and as for The Descent, well, that's the first movie I've ever screamed during in the theatre.

touchthesky
19-04-08, 20:00
Well, I'm gonna put the films that scared me when I was younger because lately I don't really get "scared." I get more "cringed out." lol.

I remember;

John Carpenters Halloween (I would look away when Michael picked up the phone..convinced he could come out of the tv! He followed me in my dreams for a while)
Halloween 2
Candy Man
Friday the 13th part 6 (The opening titles, embaressingly, really scared me)

The most recent movie was probably Dead Silence. Just for the part where SPOILER Mary Shaw has been turned into the "doll" and the boy is looking at her and she falls out of the coffin.

Laurencarter
19-04-08, 20:01
The Ring

Eddie Haskell
19-04-08, 20:07
I was looking to purchase the movie The Haunting on Amazon and I was astounded to see that a remake was made. Obviously I wanted the original 1963 version and I ordered it, but has anyone seen the remake with Liam Neeson? Is it anything like the original? Is it good?

EgyptianSoul
19-04-08, 20:09
Horror films make me more horny than scared. :cln: My boyfriend is one lucky bloke.

Tidus
19-04-08, 20:10
I was looking to purchase the movie The Haunting on Amazon and I was astounded to see that a remake was made. Obviously I wanted the original 1963 version and I ordered it, but has anyone seen the remake with Liam Neeson? Is it anything like the original? Is it good?

The remake is pretty good as far as remakes go, its been a long time since I've seen the original, but I don't think they're terribly close to eachother (better than Halloween though). It's a bit wierd and surreal more than scary, though. I think its worth at least one watch.

Ikas90
19-04-08, 21:21
All horror movies I have watched have always been scariest the first time through. Now watching The Ring and The Grudge again, I did not find them very scary at all. But the scariest movie I've watched was The Exorcism of Emily Rose, and mainly because it was a true story.

remote91
19-04-08, 21:31
Horror films make me more horny than scared. :cln: My boyfriend is one lucky bloke.
...Ew.

Lara's home
19-04-08, 21:36
The exorsism of Emily Rose.
For quite a while I had trouble sleeping at 03.00. You can't immagine how afraid I was.

MyRaider4Life
20-04-08, 00:20
wow i can not believe how many people have come on to this thread i thought that hardly anyone was going to come to this thread and look 74 people but i know it dont sound like a lot but it is for me

Indiana Croft
20-04-08, 02:29
Either Scream or the Texas Chainsaw Masaacre, the new one

Survival
20-04-08, 02:40
wow i can not believe how many people have come on to this thread i thought that hardly anyone was going to come to this thread and look 74 people but i know it dont sound like a lot but it is for me

Still you should´ve used "search" function ... there´s a thread like this almost every month :). But you´re new here and it´s sometimes interesting to see what movies scare certain people :)

cammy.
20-04-08, 03:27
The Hills Have Eyes. That movie is f:cen:d up. I stopped watching it at the part where they rape the girl. It's just really messed up and wrong I think. But the first time watching horror movies is always the worst because you don't know what's going to happen and that's what actually scares you. Cos all the horror movies I've seen that scared me the first time now I can watch any of them and be like yeah cool. Like Silent Hill...watching that the first time was a freakshow. But now I'm fine to watch it.

I want to see 28 weeks later because apparently it's intense...according to everyone I know who has seen it. The first horror movie I saw was House on Haunted Hill, and that was pretty fkn scary for me lol I was 15. But now I watch it and im like lol...especially the part where the houses 'spirit' or whatever comes out.

Movies like Saw don't scare me because it's just gore it's not actually scary, and I can deal with gore.

Bumio
20-04-08, 03:32
umm "the shining" :o
now its not scary, but when i was a child i watched it with my dad and it really really shocked me :o

also "the grudge", "eye", "IT" is scary enough for me

cammy.
20-04-08, 03:34
I always avoid horror films, but the two films that scared me most were "Sphere" and "The Cell".
Not really because of its scary effects though; I think it's more to do with a psycological level.

OMG! The Cell...that movie is...straaaange. I agree though about the psychological thing. Very odd.