19-04-08, 13:57
Only for rooms?!

(plz say no plz!! :D )

Zique
19-04-08, 14:01
amazing!

LaraCablara
19-04-08, 14:04
WOW :jmp:. It actually works! Thank you for making this :)!

God Horus
19-04-08, 14:04
Holy :cen:!
YES!!!

matrix54
19-04-08, 14:08
its nice, but its not like you can add statics with full collison to the rooms. it just keeps the same collision. but i do like the spraypaint thing. just like in legend/anniversary.

tweetygwee
19-04-08, 14:10
Great tool :tmb: I haven't tried it yet, but am I right in guessing this only affects .tr4 files, not prj files?

TrKing_Rulz
19-04-08, 14:10
This is actually possible already, accept this is way easier! :jmp:

ggctuk
19-04-08, 14:13
Yep. Through Room Viewer, but as said it's quite difficult to do, and it doesn't take textures with it either.

stranger1992
19-04-08, 14:22
^^ the level above is British Mountain Ranges by White Tiger :D

LaraCablara
19-04-08, 14:24
Its amazing how it actually looks perfectly lit in game :wve: This is really a fantastic tool.

God Horus
19-04-08, 14:25
I gave it a quick test run, and yes; it does work. I want to try this out more, and see what I can make with it.

matrix54
19-04-08, 14:33
how is the water effeted? with this, we can have more realistic water, if we use mesh smoothing to give us more squares. I'd try, but i can't get it to work. Yes im dumb.

also, can the enviornments can be more realistics, if we can find away around the no collision thing. maybe it can work with the same collision.

ajewers
19-04-08, 14:39
Sounds awesome but 1 question

if i use this, and swap the .ini files like is says to, will i still be able to edit normal objects and stuff, not just rooms?

God Horus
19-04-08, 14:39
I used it, and things looked great, and it worked great. As soon as I saw the room from the outside, it was FAB! But when I entered, that's where the problems arised. Lara ran through the floor. There was textures reappearing, and lots of other bugs. Lara would run through walls. I don't think I will use this anymore, which is a shame really, because it made one room look like a PS2 game almost. :(

matrix54
19-04-08, 14:44
screeny?

kaufi-lc
19-04-08, 14:46
Wow! That is great! With that we can make uv-objects and put it right into a room and make a transparent collision-object that we pull over it!
That is one of the most usefull tools ever!

Thank you sooooo much!!! :jmp:

igor32
19-04-08, 14:47
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7085/nolz7.jpg

Why not include a recalc colision in meta2tr?! :o

tweetygwee
19-04-08, 15:11
I keep getting this on trying to build the level after editing:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/tweetygwee/Untitled-1-5.jpg
The line in metaseq is already set to 1 :confused:

Nevermind, got it working :)

Compass
19-04-08, 15:12
I'm going to try this right now it would be great for making rockshaped walls in my gym!:D

God Horus
19-04-08, 15:38
Any advise as to what I should do about Lara running through everything? I really want to be able to use this, I made a really nice looking Cave :D

Compass
19-04-08, 15:49
I used it, and things looked great, and it worked great. As soon as I saw the room from the outside, it was FAB! But when I entered, that's where the problems arised. Lara ran through the floor. There was textures reappearing, and lots of other bugs. Lara would run through walls. I don't think I will use this anymore, which is a shame really, because it made one room look like a PS2 game almost. :(
Omg if you had readed what he said, the collusions stays same so you should make small invisble blocks in meta as static so you can make collusion (and with trep the bounce against objects :D)

God Horus
19-04-08, 15:56
Ahh.. I got that now :D The trouble is that some parts keep switching between horizon texture to normal one, but I guess I could use this tool in some areas on my game to beef up the walls.

Compass
19-04-08, 16:27
but how can I replace more rooms with it? could you make a tutorial for it?

God Horus
19-04-08, 16:46
I don't think I can use this, sorry :(. It was working GREAT, and I had the game looking nice, and I used the smooth mesh button, and it looked so nice! But, when I went in game, there were cracks. Lots of cracks, which showed the horizon through them.

LaraCablara
19-04-08, 16:51
Well you could always use this tool for cutscenes/off limits areas where you don't control Lara, so you never see her walk through walls and floors.

Piega
19-04-08, 16:56
I don't think I can use this, sorry :(. It was working GREAT, and I had the game looking nice, and I used the smooth mesh button, and it looked so nice! But, when I went in game, there were cracks. Lots of cracks, which showed the horizon through them.

http://meta2tr.googlepages.com/Mesh_Smoothing.gif/Mesh_Smoothing-full;init:.gif

http://meta2tr.googlepages.com/Triangulate.gif/Triangulate-full;init:.gif

Zebra
19-04-08, 17:20
WOW!
If I understood everything right this is the same as tombviewer (Or was that a different program?) just easier and with 256x256 textures?
GREAT! Thanks for this :tmb:!

PS: I have the feeling that this will revolutionize Level Editing.

meta2tr
20-04-08, 17:02
Look for the link at the bottom of the main page.

Sorry can't post the link else the thread will be deleted.

dcw123
20-04-08, 17:16
Lots of people use this.
I used it in my Search for Avalon game - that I cancelled. You can still find it here somewhere though.
I was gonna make a thread about it, but looks like someone beat me to it:D
Its hard to get good quality as each room can't go higher than 900 polygons:o

Zebra
20-04-08, 17:35
No.
This is a new program ;).

meta2tr
20-04-08, 17:47
Sounds awesome but 1 question

if i use this, and swap the .ini files like is says to, will i still be able to edit normal objects and stuff, not just rooms?

Yes. The ini file just sets the grid and mqo format to Ascii.

badboy70
20-04-08, 17:48
Great ! It works :D

As example, a round wall :)

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/7393/tomb42008042019452896io1.png

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/8167/tomb42008042019435448ji3.png

Zebra
20-04-08, 17:55
It doesn't work for me. Don't know what I do wrong. I drag and drop the .tr4-file into meta2tr. meta2tr closes and nothing happens. I did download the Metasequoia-Version from the meta2tr-site.

badboy70
20-04-08, 17:58
Does anyone know how to put a number of rooms in a tr4 ?

@Zebra : You don't have to open the file. But you have to drop it on the executable :)

Zebra
20-04-08, 18:00
Thanks!

LaraCablara
20-04-08, 18:03
It could also be used to create round doors on the ceiling and such :)

dcw123
20-04-08, 20:29
No.
This is a new program ;).

Well, not really:o
I got the exact same results just with Meta and TR4 files.
There might be some new stuff, but its the same thing basically.

dcw123
20-04-08, 20:34

Now you know how I felt when I made my rooms in Searcj for Avalon:ton:
Its impossible to see them in Meta, but in game it shows up bad.:o
And you can only do one room at a time! :(
I think the rest is great though, but the old way is better I think:)

Titak
20-04-08, 21:12
Welcoem to this forum, meta2tr! :wve:
Thank you for this new addition to the custom level world!

Downloading now. :D

I suppose editing the rooms like this should be done at the very end of building your level. With all the triggers and collision objects in place because you won't be able to open the level again in the LE.
Just like with the 'no squares method' here you export the rooms with TRViewer. ;)

badboy70
21-04-08, 15:58
Does anyone know how to put more than 1 changed room into a level ?
Cause it seems to be resetting the original rooms when putting in a second room >.>

Compass
21-04-08, 16:02
first edit 1 I think, save it, make it TR4 and put the new TR4 to the Metafile maker. edit the second room and just do it 1 by 1! :o

badboy70
21-04-08, 16:05
I tried; but it doesn't seem to write it correctly. It uses the original written one, and doesn't put it the new one =/
I'll try again with a fresh copy :)

dcw123
21-04-08, 16:11
I tried; but it doesn't seem to write it correctly. It uses the original written one, and doesn't put it the new one =/
I'll try again with a fresh copy :)

Opps!:o
I guess the old way WAS better afterall:D You can do as many as you want, b ut this ne one only does 1 room at a time...
I was thinking of getting it too:p

LaraCablara
21-04-08, 16:15
dcw123, I see you really don't like this program :o. Anyways you cant edit multiple rooms at once, but is it really that bad when you could do so much more then the old method and actually keep the textures :)

badboy70
21-04-08, 16:16
My bad !

I saved the edit room in a different folder, so I kept dragging and dropping the original onto the exe >.>

Steps :
1. Make the mqo file
2. when done, make a new tr4 ( newlevel.tr4 )
3. drag and drop it onto the exe and choose other room to edit
4. make tr4
etc

:jmp:

dcw123
21-04-08, 16:57
dcw123, I see you really don't like this program :o. Anyways you cant edit multiple rooms at once, but is it really that bad when you could do so much more then the old method and actually keep the textures :)

Actually, I think the program is great.. but it has its bad points;)
Does this mean we can have more than 1 room then?:confused:
At least it keeps the textures instead of re texturing everything...:p

badboy70
21-04-08, 16:59
Yes, more than one room :)

Larson_1988
21-04-08, 17:03
Hmm, this program might come useful when making a Spectral realm! :jmp:

Lara's Backpack
22-04-08, 00:36
it'll be fantastic for working with object heavy rooms. I can replace my walls with pannelling instead of actually placing in objects.

Also it'll be great for getting objects to fit together properly.

Christi
22-04-08, 00:47
ooh, I'll have fun with this tomarrow heehee :mis:

Lara's Backpack
22-04-08, 03:18
can this be used to export to DXF, import into RView so that we can still edit the prj. in the editor?

It'd take abit of guess and check with the export values though...

Found a bug... it doesnt export the right rooms for me :p When I tell tr2meta to export room 14 it exports room 16 :p Does it export from the top right of the map? Because thats where the two rooms connect.

aktrekker
22-04-08, 07:10
If you have any empty room slots before room 16 it causes the room number to change in the TR4 file.

Lara's Backpack
22-04-08, 07:18
I dont have any empty room slots, no...
Actually could it do with NGLE having a room called "room 0" ? The room it exports could also be my room 13 which would make sense.

sapper
22-04-08, 11:13
can this be used to export to DXF, import into RView so that we can still edit the prj. in the editor?
It'd take abit of guess and check with the export values though...

RView divides by 1000 on export so a sector in Meta is 1.024 x 1.024.
With this program a sector is 1 x 1 so as far as scaling goes you'd have to multiply by 1.024.

No idea about which axes you'd have to swap or invert. Probably have to flip right left too since RView mirrors rooms on export I think.

But why do you need to get it into RView this way if it's already in the TR4? Export the changed room from RView as DXF for later import.

Lara's Backpack
23-04-08, 01:54
As far as Im aware exporting from RView doesnt allow texture editing in meta

sapper
23-04-08, 03:02
Sorry. I meant import the DXF back into RView over a room that has been re-edited.

ReeceMix
23-04-08, 16:06
This looks like a good program, I hope it was inspired my my 'No More Squares' campaign :) The way the textures move in a uv style is interesting and as Larson_1988 said it would look cool as a spectral shift realm (soul reaver).

TR4 editing is ultimately better than wad/was, but now we need a program that alter the ingame wall collision, turbos Dxtr3d has slanted walls and doesnt require a new exe to play the levels so that must mean that the TR4's data file can be altered to insert collision where needed (with exe alteration maybe the floor could contain collision too)

I think the next logical step for winroomedit evolution would be to become more like a 3D design program (worldcraft3.0)

and im just guessing but I dont think 'meta2tr' is new to TRF, thanks anyway whoever you are and keep it up ;) x

Skateboard Kid
23-04-08, 16:56
This looks like a good program, I hope it was inspired my my 'No More Squares' campaign :) The way the textures move in a uv style is interesting and as Larson_1988 said it would look cool as a spectral shift realm (soul reaver).

TR4 editing is ultimately better than wad/was, but now we need a program that alter the ingame wall collision, turbos Dxtr3d has slanted walls and doesnt require a new exe to play the levels so that must mean that the TR4's data file can be altered to insert collision where needed (with exe alteration maybe the floor could contain collision too)

I think the next logical step for winroomedit evolution would be to become more like a 3D design program (worldcraft3.0)

and im just guessing but I dont think 'meta2tr' is new to TRF, thanks anyway whoever you are and keep it up ;) x

If you play a DXtre3d made level with the slanted walls you will notice the colision is actually not straight up and down but at the highest angle possible. You can actually jump through the wall but slide back down. This is because there is no number available to tell the game to to have colision like a wall but at angle. You will need a new .exe program to alter colision as to what is available in the original .exe.
Check my post here:
http://www.larashome.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25734&hl=
Wher I try to explain the limitations of rooms colision.

thecentaur
23-04-08, 20:16
hmm... i have a problem setting this up. i downloaded the meta and meta2tr from the site. whenever i drag the tr4 into the meta2tr, it closes; i now know that i have to open it with the meta. i dragged the file into the meta screen and pressed open, but it says that it's a wrong file type/invalid file or something like that. i tried insert, but it doesn't work. please help me :D :wve:

ReeceMix
23-04-08, 23:50
the colision is actually not straight up and down but at the highest angle possible

oh I didnt realise that, back to static objects then :(

God Horus
23-04-08, 23:57
Alright, I have tried everything but it still not working, too many cracks!

ReeceMix
24-04-08, 00:07
Alright, I have tried everything but it still not working, too many cracks!

Post a picture if you can (your not seperating the meshes from each other are you?)

I will checkout this meta add on soon and maybe create a full NoSquares tutorial with it

Skateboard Kid
24-04-08, 00:24
oh I didnt realise that, back to static objects then :(

CORE TRC levels have static objects for slanted walls. The way its done in DXtre3d though is really not that bad. You never notice unless you start jumping at the slanted wall.

sapper
24-04-08, 06:44
hmm... i have a problem setting this up. i downloaded the meta and meta2tr from the site. whenever i drag the tr4 into the meta2tr, it closes; i now know that i have to open it with the meta. i dragged the file into the meta screen and pressed open, but it says that it's a wrong file type/invalid file or something like that. i tried insert, but it doesn't work. please help me :D :wve:

You do have to drag the TR4 onto the meta2tr exe. Meta2tr kept crashing for me too on one computer but worked on another. I don't know why. One was amd cpu (crash) and one was intel cpu (ok). Don't know if this was why since the two PCs are setup so differently.

Larson_1988
24-04-08, 14:56
Have you tried this ReeceMix? Making a Spectral realm?

:off: Are you a LOK fan aswell? :D

ReeceMix
24-04-08, 15:23
Have you tried this ReeceMix? Making a Spectral realm?
:off: Are you a LOK fan aswell? :D

If there was a LOK:SR editor I wouldnt be here !!!!

I ripped Raziel from LOK I considerd making a TR:LOK game, With this program you could make a before and after shot , use that morphing program (i forget what its called) to make a video/bik where the realms shift , play the video and move lara to the area where the shift realm is (would be cool if proper meshswaps worked to to make her ghostly) but such things are never perfect

Larson_1988
24-04-08, 15:46
Ah yes, i totally understand you! :D

I've been thinking about one thing. Would it be possible to use flipmaps? Where one room was "normal" and one spectral?

ReeceMix
24-04-08, 18:29
I've been thinking about one thing. Would it be possible to use flipmaps? Where one room was "normal" and one spectral?

Using this program Im not sure, (havent tryed it out yet) I suppose there should be mesh data for say room1, room1flip, room2, room3 etc

but by using flipmaps anyway, its annoying because you can place animating objects in there, its just far easier to move lara to a different location

Larson_1988
24-04-08, 21:12
So that's possible? To move Lara/ the player to a different location?

Kind of stupid of me, but i was thinking maybe sliding down to a room and then make the room you enter spectral and vice versa. With that Spectral realm shift sound inbetween! :o

And say what?? You ripped Raziel from SR1? :D Did he work ingame?

ReeceMix
24-04-08, 21:21
So that's possible? To move Lara/ the player to a different location?

Yeah with trep its easier than using the 'load lara null mesh item thing'

Say you used that pull down rope switch and turned it into a swirling vortex thing and when you pull it it plays a video youve already made showing the morphing walls with a cool animation for the character too (like LOK) and the command just moves lara to another room that matches the video.

you'd just have to use triggers to morph back into the physical and spectral realms, rather than 'free will'

Now Lara can stack pushables with TREP a bit like LOK I asked Ensi If lara could push stacked blocks (like LOK) ... i dont remeber what he said about that. :confused:

Larson_1988
24-04-08, 21:26
Now Lara can stack pushables with TREP a bit like LOK I asked Ensi If lara could push stacked blocks (like LOK) ... i dont remeber what he said about that. :confused:

You mean as in SR1 and those block puzzles? :D

I haven't heard anything about it so. :o

And i also edited my above post and added the Raziel bit! :D

ReeceMix
24-04-08, 21:46
And say what?? You ripped Raziel from SR1?

No, SR3: Defiance , and kain, didnt I send you the soul reaver?
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9109/kainpr2.jpg
Anyway were getting abit :off: here

sapper
14-05-08, 09:07
Any plans to make a version that could export the room at world co-ords?

meta2tr
31-05-08, 14:48
Any plans to make a version that could export the room at world co-ords?

I don't intend to. Why do you want that feature?

badboy70
31-05-08, 17:47
Would it be possible to let us drag more than one edited room onto meta2tr ,
It'd save us a lot of work, unless I'm doing something wrong :p

Thanks anyway for this great tool ! :D

God Horus
31-05-08, 17:55
Would it be possible to let us drag more than one edited room onto meta2tr ,
It'd save us a lot of work, unless I'm doing something wrong :p

Thanks anyway for this great tool ! :D

No, you are not doing anything wrong, right now it is only possible to import 1 room into Meta2TR, then you convert it back to a TR4, then take that new TR4 and convert it to a different room, and so on.

Zebra
31-05-08, 17:58
I don't intend to. Why do you want that feature?

Would it be possible to also add collision to the edited rooms?

badboy70
31-05-08, 17:58
No, you are not doing anything wrong, right now it is only possible to import 1 room into Meta2TR, then you convert it back to a TR4, then take that new TR4 and convert it to a different room, and so on.Thought so :p
Well it'd be easier to drag and drop multiple rooms ( eg : *edits room1* *import* damn, forgot room 3 *extracts and edits* *import with first rereading newlevel.tr4*

xD

Xico15
01-06-08, 11:31

I would like to know this too:ohn:

Lara's Backpack
01-06-08, 11:38
You need to add it yourself with Room Geometry. Beyond this I doubt the engine could handle it.

meta2tr
01-06-08, 15:58

Not without completely modifying the engine. Adding invisible objects is the only way right now.

Hateshinai
26-08-08, 18:37
ehm how do we reassemble the whole entire level ?

sapper
27-08-08, 13:05
ehm how do we reassemble the whole entire level ?

If the program exported at world co-ords this would be easy.

However for the moment you would have to export every room.

Load them into Meta and then position them using the room co-ords that are stored in the TR4 file.

Alain LeComte's TR_Exe program produces a text file from the TR4 file with this info. FexinspectSk shows this info too.

See this post (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2269685&postcount=52) for my attempt at a program to get an entire level's room geometry into Meta. Obtaining the textured level is impractical though.

MyRaider4Life
13-09-08, 22:24
how do i make the mesh smooth

sapper
18-09-08, 05:04
how do i make the mesh smooth

Select the object & then in the Object menu select mesh smoothing.

Wayne_Scales
19-09-08, 13:58
Just got this now, does anyone know if this works with the newest version of ngle. It doesn't seem to be working for me. It would be nice though!

Wayne_Scales
19-09-08, 17:24
For the crack, i got ngle 1.0.9.13 but it still doesn't work. I dragged the tut1.tr4 file meta2r.exe, selected the room number open it in meta made the changes, then dragged the saved meta edited file into meta2r.exe and it created a newlevel tr4.file. I put it in my data folder and renamed it to tut1 because that's what my wads called and what i have in the script but it still doesn't work. Any ideas:)

meta2tr
06-10-08, 18:08
For the crack, i got ngle 1.0.9.13 but it still doesn't work. I dragged the tut1.tr4 file meta2r.exe, selected the room number open it in meta made the changes, then dragged the saved meta edited file into meta2r.exe and it created a newlevel tr4.file. I put it in my data folder and renamed it to tut1 because that's what my wads called and what i have in the script but it still doesn't work. Any ideas:)

Hi Wayne,
What version of tomb4.exe are you using?

Wayne_Scales
06-10-08, 18:33
Hi meta2r,

well now i'm using ngle 1.1.8.8.dll with the newest updates. Does it work with the newerst version of ngle:D

meta2tr
06-10-08, 20:26
Hi meta2r,

well now i'm using ngle 1.1.8.8.dll with the newest updates. Does it work with the newerst version of ngle:D

I tried it with version 1.1.8.8 and version 1.1.9.0 and it worked. I have tried it with all of Paolones examples too, I haven't yet found any problem.

meta2tr
10-10-08, 17:22
Wayne_Scales - is your wad v130 ?

Crayons
10-10-08, 21:46
Link not working

meta2tr
11-10-08, 19:44
I have updated Meta2tr, you can now edit lighting directly in MetaSequoia.

Download is here : https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/)

There is a demo level +project file +wad for download, and some new tutorials on the site.

Happy editing ;)

Compass
11-10-08, 23:20
Can anyone make a playable Meta2tr level not as the download on the site just one with a tomb4.exe and data files + script and ****...

meta2tr
12-10-08, 05:49
Can anyone make a playable Meta2tr level not as the download on the site just one with a tomb4.exe and data files + script and ****...

I have created a download with just the level.
meta2tr_demo_level.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gtik50mzqnw)
Download it and follow these steps :
- Copy script.dat and english.dat to Core Design\trle\.
- Place tut1.tr4 into "Core Design\trle\data.
- Then, start tombraider and choose "Playable Tutorial Level"

sapper
01-11-08, 01:39
Two questions.

Any chance of making it take a room number as parameter on the commandline?

Any plans to make a program that extracts the objects to MQO textured too?

meta2tr
04-11-08, 19:27
Two questions.

Any chance of making it take a room number as parameter on the commandline?

Any plans to make a program that extracts the objects to MQO textured too?

I don't have much time so I won't be adding new features for the moment.
That said, if there are bugs I will fix them.

sapper
04-11-08, 22:46
I don't know if it's a bug or my PC but I can only use meta2tr from the commandline (C\:>meta2tr karnak.TR4) so thought it would be handy to send it a room at the same time.

Dragging a TR4 level onto it crashes meta2tr.

trlestew
04-11-08, 22:50
This looks great!!
Always nice to improve and make the tomb4.exe and .tr4 file more modern.
But it seems a bit complicated to me :confused:

Lara Coft Baby
04-11-08, 23:27
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/7393/tomb42008042019452896io1.png

Wow that looks really cool. I've always wanted to do rounded walls in the Level Editor :jmp:

meta2tr
05-11-08, 20:14
I don't know if it's a bug or my PC but I can only use meta2tr from the commandline (C\:>meta2tr karnak.TR4) so thought it would be handy to send it a room at the same time.

Dragging a TR4 level onto it crashes meta2tr.

Which version of windows are you using?

sapper
05-11-08, 22:59
Windows XP Professional version 2002 Service Pack 2

Angelina Jolie
15-01-09, 02:38
Hi Meta2TR:

After build a lot in meta. In game i find out that if I create an object in ROOM 1(above room2) And that object is higher than room1. When you look from room2 to number 1, the part of the object that is higher disappear. I post this because you said you were happy to see our reports, so... Should I live my level like that, and later that bug will be fixed, or is it impossible to fix, please tell us, so I can then make my object smaller, or cut it in half... :(

meta2tr
17-01-09, 10:57
It sounds like a clipping problem, as described here (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/editing-rooms/reshape#portals).

Check the portal objects in Metasequoia.

Angelina Jolie
17-01-09, 18:32
OK thanks! I found that is the engine, not your program, so... What I did was divide the object in two. THe first part in 1 room and the other in the second, now perfect! Thanks! You just kicked core's *

By the way: I need to say that what you have done for us has no price... Thanks for meta2tr, I never imagined that we were gonna be able to create wherever we want. You gave us the key! Thanks!

Hateshinai
17-01-09, 18:41
Really thank you very much ! Meta2TR is amazing !

meta2tr
17-01-09, 22:13
Actually meta2tr was inspired thanks to Titak's Himalayn mysteries. Playing this great level I thought why not help the level building community.

As it turns out meta2tr is complicated to use. That's the price you pay for making the game engine do things it wasn't designed to do. :p

Titak
18-01-09, 12:29
I still haven't tried it...
Perhaps that's also because the two manor levels I'm workign on right now aren't finished yet and you can use meta2tr only on finished levels (tr4 files). ;)

I have however been thinking on using it eventually, to add a bit more detail in certain places. :D

Angelina Jolie
18-01-09, 23:27
Meta2TR:

In your tutorial, you mention that there's a way to "hide" the textures. So we can work with lighting. But I just cant do that. I cant see the lighting after I texture something. Now after texturing, I want to edit lighting, and I cant because when I move the sphere, nothing happens... Any clue? :)

meta2tr
19-01-09, 06:21
btw you don't have to hide textures when editing lighting, but it helps.

To hide a texture, located the bmp file that has the texture you want to hide. Then change the file name of the bmp file, so that MetaSequoia can't find it.

As for the lighting staying fixed on the object despite you moving the highlight on the sphere, I need to check. I'll get back to you about this.

Angelina Jolie
19-01-09, 06:46
Thanks for your help meta2tr :)
Definitely the problem is that lighting is locked, since even after changing the name, and meta untexture the object, after moving the sphere, lighting does not change.

Ashandmisty
19-01-09, 13:42
This program is pretty amazing. I use it for mostly smoothing the ground and maybe adding in a few details.

Great work!

kaufi-lc
19-01-09, 16:10
Meta2TR is really cool. But is there a way to extroduce the faces and uvmap them?

meta2tr
19-01-09, 21:24
It's easy to unfix lighting but it can create other problems, I will explain how to do it first, then how to avoid the problems.

- First, go to the menu Panel, make sure "Material Panel" is ticked, if it is then you can see the Tiles listed in the materials panel.
- Next find the Tile in the list that has the textures of the mesh you need to relight. Double-click on it. This opens the Materials dialog (like this (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/editing-rooms/lighting/Example_light_settings.jpg)).
- Untick "Vertex Color" and change shader to "Classic".
- Click OK. The lighting has now been unfixed on any faces textured with this tile.
- Continue with any other faces whose lighting you want to unfix.
Now you can use the sphere to change the light direction as you want.

So here is the pitfall. Unfixing a tile's lighting affects all faces textured with that tile. For example, if you have an object in a room, like the sphere here (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/editing-rooms/uvedit/uv20.jpg), when you unfix the lighting on the sphere, this will unfix the lighting in parts of the room too.

The solution is to isolate the faces you want to relight to a separate MetaSequoia file, relight them from there, then remerge them into the room.

Good luck ;)

EDIT if you just want to add shadows to your room, it's easier just to darken the vertices using "VClr", for example, like on the edge of the hole in this image (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/editing-rooms/lighting/poolwall7.jpg). If you want specific shadow shapes on the ground, you can use "Knife" to cut the shape you want and darken the faces in the shape.

meta2tr
19-01-09, 21:45
Meta2TR is really cool. But is there a way to extroduce the faces and uvmap them?

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean add faces to a room and then uvmap textures to them?

Dustie
19-01-09, 21:59
It's too bad you need to work on finished TR4 files, but I suppose it could couse problems in LE if we tried modifying the PRJ files...

Angelina Jolie
19-01-09, 22:15
Thanks Meta2TR!!! Thank you very much!!:) Fixed:)!

Now I have a second problem, and I cant continue without solving it.

I want to texture a 4 vertex face. Great, but after Texturing it. I clicked in UNIFY.

And all four vertex became 1 single vertex. I kept building since I did not know that it was a problem.

Now I know that i textured wrong, how do i separate de 4 again? I clicked in SEPARATE, but just in this case, it did not work.

Here's the first image, as it was and then they became 1:(: Now, cant get it back.
http://i63.servimg.com/u/f63/11/93/58/37/untitl10.png (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=694&u=11935837)

EDIT:

Here's the real case:
http://i63.servimg.com/u/f63/11/93/58/37/untitl11.png (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=695&u=11935837)

meta2tr
19-01-09, 22:16
Dustie, I wish there was a way of doing all this directly in the editor, it would be so much better. But it would require lots of changes to the editor and the tom2pc program. I doubt it will happen.

meta2tr
19-01-09, 22:19
Thanks Meta2TR!!! Thank you very much!!:) Fixed:)!

Now I have a second problem, and I cant continue without solving it.

I want to texture a 4 vertex face. Great, but after Texturing it. I clicked in UNIFY.

And all four vertex became 1 single vertex. I kept building since I did not know that it was a problem.

Now I know that i textured wrong, how do i separate de 4 again? I clicked in SEPARATE, but just in this case, it did not work.

Here's the first image, as it was and then they became 1:(: Now, cant get it back.
http://i63.servimg.com/u/f63/11/93/58/37/untitl10.png (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=694&u=11935837)

Did you try Undo in the Edit menu ?

Angelina Jolie
19-01-09, 22:20
That's the deal, that I kept building, I even created so many things after that...:(
And the good thing is that the problem is just that point, since your program is telling me that the face is wrong textured.

meta2tr
19-01-09, 22:25
Do you know which face has the collapsed texture? If you do, select that face on the object, hit UV, select the tile with the texture (where you see the UV points unified) and hit "project". This will create a new shape on the Tile. Next you move the points on the tile to where they were before.

Angelina Jolie
19-01-09, 22:31
Oh thanks mate! I'll try. :)

kaufi-lc
20-01-09, 06:32
I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean add faces to a room and then uvmap textures to them?

Yes exactly. That would be really usefull. We could make the level even more detailed. :) (maybe it works and I'm just too stupid to get it work :o)

meta2tr
20-01-09, 20:10
You can add detail to levels. There are tutorials and a demo level here (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home).

Angelina Jolie
12-02-09, 04:24
It's easy to unfix lighting but it can create other problems, I will explain how to do it first, then how to avoid the problems.

- First, go to the menu Panel, make sure "Material Panel" is ticked, if it is then you can see the Tiles listed in the materials panel.
- Next find the Tile in the list that has the textures of the mesh you need to relight. Double-click on it. This opens the Materials dialog (like this (http://meta2tr.googlepages.com/Example_light_settings.gif)).
- Untick "Vertex Color" and change shader to "Classic".
- Click OK. The lighting has now been unfixed on any faces textured with this tile.
- Continue with any other faces whose lighting you want to unfix.
Now you can use the sphere to change the light direction as you want.

So here is the pitfall. Unfixing a tile's lighting affects all faces textured with that tile. For example, if you have an object in a room, like the sphere here (http://meta2tr.googlepages.com/uv20.gif), when you unfix the lighting on the sphere, this will unfix the lighting in parts of the room too.

The solution is to isolate the faces you want to relight to a separate MetaSequoia file, relight them from there, then remerge them into the room.

Good luck ;)

EDIT if you just want to add shadows to your room, it's easier just to darken the vertices using "VClr", for example, like on the edge of the hole in this image (http://meta2tr.googlepages.com/poolwall7.gif). If you want specific shadow shapes on the ground, you can use "Knife" to cut the shape you want and darken the faces in the shape.

Thanks again Meta2TR! Unfortunately for some reason the method is not working anymore. I tried today to do it, and it didnt work. I choose my object, its material. Unchecked the vertex box and erase the material's location. It turned gray as it was supposed, but when I move the sphere, nothing happens:(. Any other way to get it?

Dustie
12-02-09, 10:47
Dustie, I wish there was a way of doing all this directly in the editor, it would be so much better. But it would require lots of changes to the editor and the tom2pc program. I doubt it will happen.
I'd be enought if we could write the changes into the PRJ file, so we could still open the project and continue editing... Though I suppose PRJ format uses some basic commands to describe the geometry and thus there's no way to make it properly carry detail...

meta2tr
12-02-09, 19:34
AJ : I can't see why it's not working. I don't know of any other method either. Sorry! When your object was grey, was it a flat grey or were there light and dark spots ?

Dustie : I haven't considered reshaping rooms within the PRJ file because even if the PRJ format was compatible I assume that the level editor and tom2pc would have to be modified to cope.

aktrekker
13-02-09, 08:22
The PRJ file only handles square sectors. No way to add enhanced geometry.
If it was possible, only winroomedit would have to change. tom2pc just takes the mesh as it is in the tom file.

Dustie
13-02-09, 09:58
Bummer... Oh well. Guess we should rather focus on good CAD software then.

aktrekker
13-02-09, 11:25
Or you could figure out how to change the TOM file. At least then you could make changes to the wad or sounds.

Angelina Jolie
13-02-09, 22:09
Its not really neccesary to make that happens. MEta2TR is perfect, we dont NEED to load the geometry in the editor, dont be lazy... However, yes, indeed there are some bugs that could be fixed, like if U texture something in META and then U add a new object in your TR4, the textures will scroll down and U will have to texture again... That can be fixed in a future. But the program is excelent, thanks Meta2TR:)

meta2tr
14-02-09, 08:14
Or you could figure out how to change the TOM file. At least then you could make changes to the wad or sounds.

The major problem is that the tiles are swapped. I did successfully add a static without this problem when doing the demo. I just tried adding an object with animations (the crocodile) and it did scramble the tiles. :(

aktrekker
14-02-09, 08:53
I forgot about that. tom2pc compresses the textures.

polinjonok
21-12-09, 16:52
i maded all as in tutorial...:mad: but then I drag any tr4 file onto meta2tr.exe it is written- META2tr version...blah blah blah... allocating meshes... and meta2tr crashes and its windows crash report...:hea: PLEASE HELP ME!!!

meta2tr
22-12-09, 19:18
i maded all as in tutorial...:mad: but then I drag any tr4 file onto meta2tr.exe it is written- META2tr version...blah blah blah... allocating meshes... and meta2tr crashes and its windows crash report...:hea: PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hi polinjonok

Could you open report.txt, copy the last lines and paste them in a post?

polinjonok
23-12-09, 11:55
:) i can show you -
http://i071.radikal.ru/0912/a1/5be8278cf261.jpg :confused:

Titak
23-12-09, 16:12
Maybe you were trying to open/edit/import rooms created with version 2 of Meta2TR?
It says that files created with version 2 are not compatible with version 4, which you seem to be using.

Just guessing here, from what I can read in the black window.
(Can't read Russian so no idea what that part means but it looks like the standard Windows message of a crash happening and the program needs to be closed.)

polinjonok
23-12-09, 17:37
Maybe you were trying to open/edit/import rooms created with version 2 of Meta2TR?
It says that files created with version 2 are not compatible with version 4, which you seem to be using.

Just guessing here, from what I can read in the black window.
(Can't read Russian so no idea what that part means but it looks like the standard Windows message of a crash happening and the program needs to be closed.)

no,i didnt use meta at all before this :)
*yeah,its russian windows message of a crash x3*

meta2tr
23-12-09, 18:19
polinjonok,

This is strange. Could you post a screen shot of the error report? To get to it, follow the instructions below. Thanks.

http://i47.************/24wycde.jpg

Titak
23-12-09, 18:19
Then I don't know.
I have only used Meta2TR once and it seemed to work fine. Well, opening the files worked anyway.

So, sorry, can't be of help here. :o
Mata2tr might know when he comes back online. :D

meta2tr
23-12-09, 18:26

It's only the metasequoia files that aren't compatible, but polinjonok is converting a tr4 file so it should work.

kaufi-lc
24-12-09, 12:53
Why do I always get an Error when I drag a TR4-file in the meta2tr program? :(
I downloaded the latest version and from that moment on the program doesn't work anymore....

EDIT: btw the download-link doesn't work anymore ^^

meta2tr
24-12-09, 13:55
Hi kaufi-lc

Does it crash? If so, could you post a screenshot of the Windows error report. It's the window with Appname, AppVer etc.

If it doesn't crash, could you tell me if you get the problem with the original tut1.tr4 file?

Thanks.

BTW Mediafire is down, that is why the download link didn't work.

kaufi-lc
24-12-09, 13:59
Hi meta2tr^^

It crashes and says:

AppName: meta2tr.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00001010

Do you need the long LOG, too?

EDIT: oh and yes it happens with every TR4 file :(

meta2tr
24-12-09, 14:06
That would be even better. Thanks.

kaufi-lc
24-12-09, 14:16
Well the .txt file says:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="meta2tr.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="meta2tr.exe" SIZE="32768" CHECKSUM="0x7975C817" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x838A" LINKER_VERSION="0x10000" LINK_DATE="04/18/2008 19:59:29" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/18/2008 19:59:29" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Metaseq.exe" SIZE="2384896" CHECKSUM="0x33BC0C47" BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.9.10" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.9.10" PRODUCT_VERSION="R2.2 Beta1" FILE_DESCRIPTION="MetasequoiaLE" COMPANY_NAME="O.Mizno" PRODUCT_NAME="MetasequoiaLE" FILE_VERSION="2.1.9.10" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="Metaseq.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="Metaseq.exe" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright(C) 1998-2001, O.Mizno" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.9.10" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.9.10" LINK_DATE="03/19/2001 16:53:35" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/19/2001 16:53:35" VER_LANGUAGE="Japanisch [0x411]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mlibjpg.dll" SIZE="155648" CHECKSUM="0x21B0F4AE" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="09/22/1999 09:51:16" UPTO_LINK_DATE="09/22/1999 09:51:16" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mlibpng.dll" SIZE="196608" CHECKSUM="0xB03A2185" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="08/24/2000 11:16:09" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/24/2000 11:16:09" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mqd3dx.dll" SIZE="143360" CHECKSUM="0x4B1FD117" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="08/22/2000 13:36:35" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/22/2000 13:36:35" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mqrend.dll" SIZE="65536" CHECKSUM="0xD23B43B6" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="06/21/2000 12:15:22" UPTO_LINK_DATE="06/21/2000 12:15:22" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="zlib1.dll" SIZE="59904" CHECKSUM="0x7697A3DC" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.3.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.3.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.3" FILE_DESCRIPTION="zlib data compression library" PRODUCT_NAME="zlib" FILE_VERSION="1.2.3" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="zlib1.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="zlib1.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(C) 1995-2004 Jean-loup Gailly &amp; Mark Adler" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x10004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xF587" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.3.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.3.0" LINK_DATE="07/20/2005 09:48:10" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/20/2005 09:48:10" VER_LANGUAGE="Englisch (USA) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="ntdll.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="ntdll.dll" SIZE="733696" CHECKSUM="0x894B02F1" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="DLL für NT-Layer" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="ntdll.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="ntdll.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xC09C4" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" VER_LANGUAGE="Deutsch (Deutschland) [0x407]" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1057280" CHECKSUM="0xD52AA7B7" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Client-DLL für Windows NT-Basis-API" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x108430" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" VER_LANGUAGE="Deutsch (Deutschland) [0x407]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

And I took a pic of the visible part of the Window. Tell me if you need more, I have no idea how to get all the text copied out of the window :(
(Clicky Pic)

http://www.yourupload.de/images/091224/temp/O45dkjVu.jpg (http://www.yourupload.de/show/d/1574/O45dkjVu.jpg)

meta2tr
24-12-09, 14:28
Thanks for all the information. In the image, what is under
Module 1
meta2tr.exe

Is there an offset for meta2tr?

EDIT: I can't see where in meta2tr the problem is caused. The error happens in ntdll, which is a system file and it has hundreds of functions, many of which are not documented. meta2tr uses those functions heavily, and there is obviously something wrong with the way it is using one of them at some point. :confused:

kaufi-lc
24-12-09, 15:19
Thank you for taking time for this^^
Ouch that sounds bad :(
Under module 1 is no offset, just that:

Signature: 00000000
StrucVer: 00000000
FileVer: (0.0.:0.0)
ProdVer: (0.0:0.0=
FlagMask: 00000000
Flags: 00000000
FileType: 00000000
SubType: 00000000
FileDate: 00000000:00000000

meta2tr
24-12-09, 16:56
I'd like to fix this bug.

Is the last line you see before the crash "Allocating meshes..." ?

EDIT: I'm assuming the crash happens after "Allocating meshes...". I've compiled a test version (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2oy143byujm) of meta2tr. It will still crash but I will be able to see where in the report.txt file. Could you try it and post the results ? Thanks.

kaufi-lc
24-12-09, 20:23
Yes exactly, it crashes after "Allocating meshes..."
With the version in the link the exactly same thing happens...
Here are the results:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="meta2tr.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="meta2tr.exe" SIZE="109056" CHECKSUM="0xFB3AC8B4" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x20229" LINKER_VERSION="0x10000" LINK_DATE="12/24/2009 17:42:44" UPTO_LINK_DATE="12/24/2009 17:42:44" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Metaseq.exe" SIZE="2384896" CHECKSUM="0x33BC0C47" BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.9.10" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.9.10" PRODUCT_VERSION="R2.2 Beta1" FILE_DESCRIPTION="MetasequoiaLE" COMPANY_NAME="O.Mizno" PRODUCT_NAME="MetasequoiaLE" FILE_VERSION="2.1.9.10" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="Metaseq.exe" INTERNAL_NAME="Metaseq.exe" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright(C) 1998-2001, O.Mizno" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="2.1.9.10" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="2.1.9.10" LINK_DATE="03/19/2001 16:53:35" UPTO_LINK_DATE="03/19/2001 16:53:35" VER_LANGUAGE="Japanisch [0x411]" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mlibjpg.dll" SIZE="155648" CHECKSUM="0x21B0F4AE" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="09/22/1999 09:51:16" UPTO_LINK_DATE="09/22/1999 09:51:16" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mlibpng.dll" SIZE="196608" CHECKSUM="0xB03A2185" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="08/24/2000 11:16:09" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/24/2000 11:16:09" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mqd3dx.dll" SIZE="143360" CHECKSUM="0x4B1FD117" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="08/22/2000 13:36:35" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/22/2000 13:36:35" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="mqrend.dll" SIZE="65536" CHECKSUM="0xD23B43B6" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="06/21/2000 12:15:22" UPTO_LINK_DATE="06/21/2000 12:15:22" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="zlib1.dll" SIZE="59904" CHECKSUM="0x7697A3DC" BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.3.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.3.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.3" FILE_DESCRIPTION="zlib data compression library" PRODUCT_NAME="zlib" FILE_VERSION="1.2.3" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="zlib1.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="zlib1.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="(C) 1995-2004 Jean-loup Gailly &amp; Mark Adler" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x10004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xF587" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="1.2.3.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="1.2.3.0" LINK_DATE="07/20/2005 09:48:10" UPTO_LINK_DATE="07/20/2005 09:48:10" VER_LANGUAGE="Englisch (USA) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="ntdll.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="ntdll.dll" SIZE="733696" CHECKSUM="0x894B02F1" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="DLL für NT-Layer" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="ntdll.dll" INTERNAL_NAME="ntdll.dll" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xC09C4" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" VER_LANGUAGE="Deutsch (Deutschland) [0x407]" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1057280" CHECKSUM="0xD52AA7B7" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Client-DLL für Windows NT-Basis-API" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Betriebssystem Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x108430" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:57:08" VER_LANGUAGE="Deutsch (Deutschland) [0x407]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

To me it looks the same XD
And this is what the report.txt says:

META2TR Version 4
To edit lighting in Meta, use with v2.4.8 or later.
NOTE - this version is not compatible with MQO files produced with version 2.

Opening level C:\Programme\Core Design\Tools\mqle22_beta1\tower.tr4...
Allocating meshes...
(Same happens with a Meta2TR-tool in the data-folder.:(

meta2tr
24-12-09, 21:23
Thanks ! :D

I'm almost certain I know what it is now.

kaufi-lc
24-12-09, 21:25
Really? :cln:

meta2tr
25-12-09, 18:11
Hopefully it's fixed, could you test it and let me know? It's here (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwmzk1jou1d)

Thanks

TheBloodRed
25-12-09, 18:26
Now that I think of it, doesn't Meta2tr make the game work like AoD's engine almost? The smoothed sections and all prettiness but the same movements as if it were still blocky. xD

I didn't realize that until now that Meta2tr could serve such a purpose.(making AoD style levels)

meta2tr
25-12-09, 18:35
It just implements real uv mapping. I didn't change the engine, the original engine is capable of that. I just had to get the uv information into the TR4 files.

And also the fact that room meshes aren't constrained to the grid, but this is less useful because collision doesn't follow.

kaufi-lc
25-12-09, 20:33
OMG meta2tr you made my day! :hug:
It works, I just tested it. Everything is okay. I can open the rooms in Metasequoia and edit them. Thank you soooooo much!!!!! :hug:
What was the error?

meta2tr
25-12-09, 20:43
The path was missing on a temporary file that meta2tr creates.

Titak
15-01-11, 19:02
big bump... but for a good reason I think. :p

Here's what I've been doing, just for some testing purposes and wanting to know if the lighting on the objects would change:
I removed some objects from the prj of one of my levels.
I converted the prj to a playable tr4.
I then dragged this tr4 onto the meta2tr.exe and all the files were created.
I opened Meta and opened the RoomAll.mqo and MoveAll.mqo files.
Then I selected the objects I had removed from the prj among the pile of objects called MoveAll.mqo. I copied, pasted and moved them to the position where they were placed in the prj because I want these objects to become part fo the room geometry to see if this affects their ingame lighting.
So far so good.
The copied objects have names like object1, object2, etc in the list with objects.
I deleted all the objects from the MoveAll.mqo and then I saved the files as a copy of the original RoomAll.mqo.

Then I dragged and dropped the new RoomAll.mqo onto the meta2tr.exe which then gave me this message:
http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/screenshots/meta2tr01.jpg

I seem to remember reading something about merging the objects, but when I do that I end up with one large object called object1.
So what do I have to do exactly to make those objects part of the rooms I placed them in? :confused:

***** EDIT *****
Never mind.
Forum effect kicked in.
I had been moving the objects up and down in the list to place them between the rooms and didn't realise I could place them ON the rooms, thus making them part of the rooms. :rolleyes:
All is well now. :yah:

And the experiment was succesfull: the lighting on the objects is much better now that they are part of the room geometry. :D

KurtisandLara
15-01-11, 19:31
big bump... but for a good reason I think. :p

Here's what I've been doing, just for some testing purposes and wanting to know if the lighting on the objects would change:
I removed some objects from the prj of one of my levels.
I converted the prj to a playable tr4.
I then dragged this tr4 onto the meta2tr.exe and all the files were created.
I opened Meta and opened the RoomAll.mqo and MoveAll.mqo files.
Then I selected the objects I had removed from the prj among the pile of objects called MoveAll.mqo. I copied, pasted and moved them to the position where they were placed in the prj because I want these objects to become part fo the room geometry to see if this affects their ingame lighting.
So far so good.
The copied objects have names like object1, object2, etc in the list with objects.
I deleted all the objects from the MoveAll.mqo and then I saved the files as a copy of the original RoomAll.mqo.

Then I dragged and dropped the new RoomAll.mqo onto the meta2tr.exe which then gave me this message:
http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/screenshots/meta2tr01.jpg

I seem to remember reading something about merging the objects, but when I do that I end up with one large object called object1.
So what do I have to do exactly to make those objects part of the rooms I placed them in? :confused:

***** EDIT *****
Never mind.
Forum effect kicked in.
I had been moving the objects up and down in the list to place them between the rooms and didn't realise I could place them ON the rooms, thus making them part of the rooms. :rolleyes:
All is well now. :yah:

And the experiment was succesfull: the lighting on the objects is much better now that they are part of the room geometry. :D

Really? Im going to have to try this out :eek:! :jmp:

Laras Boyfr.
15-01-11, 20:55
Ah so it seems meta2tr seems very useable also to just adjust the object lighting =]
nice also if u dont want to change the geometry.

disapearing-boy
15-01-11, 21:41

Screenshot please! I wanna see your improved level!:D

Titak
16-01-11, 00:14
Hmmm... improved? I'm not so sure...
I made some fairly simple changes but now I noticed that the underwater lighting effects and the reflection effects at the edges of the waterrooms are gone. :hea:

Is this normal? :(

psiko
16-01-11, 07:08
I am glad you solved :) Sorry if I am replying so in late, I was really busy at home yesterday :)
For the last question you ask, it is normal, if you do not have the last version of meta2tr. Actually I do not know what version is on line (and I do not know which version you are using)... so if the online version isn't the last one, I think you have to wait for a new official release of the tool.. Not a great problem, though: you can keep on building your level, because those effects can be added later with only 2 clicks of the mouse inside metasequoia itself :)

EDIT: in the while, if you prefer to keep those effects on those rooms, simply uncheck the "eye" of the rooms you do not want to be re-imported (so that they get invisible) and they will keep the attibute they had before inside the tr4 file, not being updated.

Titak
16-01-11, 10:47
Thank you psiko! :hug:
I've sent you a PM. :D

FloTheMachine
16-01-11, 10:50
Wow :eek: I'd love to try this sometime. What's it like to work with..?

Laras Boyfr.
16-01-11, 10:53
What's it like to work with..?

you use just meta to insert / delete objects. The new is that if you change the room geometry you need to uv map it, like in newer games.

FloTheMachine
16-01-11, 10:56
Ugh. :( It sounds complicated. I don't know if I could be bothered to learn another program. :vlol:

Titak
16-01-11, 11:07
Well, if you know Meta then all you would have to learn extra is how to UVmap and put in lighting.
Which I don't know how to do yet either, but when smoothing surfaces, like dirt floors, you don't even have to use the UVmapping method because when dividing the faces with "smooth mesh" the textures are also devided.

The drawback is that is only works with compiled tr4 files.
That's why I only started to use Meta2TR just now, with the finished level.
psiko however found a way to work on both the level in the room editor and in Meta. :D

Soul
16-01-11, 11:13
What I LOVE about meta2TR is that you can get rid of those stretched/squished textures you couldn't avoid in the LE, as you can apply sectors of textures that can have any size and shape with Meta. I made a testroom once, where I rebuilt the first stair in TRAoD and it looked fantastic without having to split the room three times in order to avoid all the squished textures. :)

Titak
16-01-11, 11:18
Yes, building within the TRLE/NGLE can be done differently when you are going to use Meta2TR on the level as well. :D

psiko
16-01-11, 12:11
psiko however found a way to work on both the level in the room editor and in Meta. :D
yes, I have found it :) it is simple and easy.. it is hard only to explain! :D but not to do :) it is written in the latest meta2tr release documantation... Infact, once you know that everytime the tr4 file changes the textures positions, the method consists in "stopping" this random changes every time you do a change in the prj inside ngle or trle. To stop it, simply backup tiles and geometry and build the level inside metasequoia, and use ngle (or trle) only to update collision, objects and triggers :)
It is easy, search for the documentation inside meta2tr... Anyhow, in it there are written only the main lines, (even if it is all there) but to be clearer to everyone, I am going to write some tutorials on how to use this tool to the max.. in the while, you can see what can be done simply having a look at the preview of my level in ngle section..

laralives
16-01-11, 20:47
What I LOVE about meta2TR is that you can get rid of those stretched/squished textures you couldn't avoid in the LE, as you can apply sectors of textures that can have any size and shape with Meta. I made a testroom once, where I rebuilt the first stair in TRAoD and it looked fantastic without having to split the room three times in order to avoid all the squished textures. :)

Sounds cool! Do you have any images?

Soul
16-01-11, 20:50
Nope sorry. It was just a quick test room.

Kapu
18-01-11, 03:30
Well, if you know Meta then all you would have to learn extra is how to UVmap and put in lighting.

Wait, you don't have to know how to do those things, do you? I did some quick testing with meta2tr a little while ago to see how it worked and all I did was convert my level, tweaked the geometry, and then reconverted it. Everything worked fine. Where does lighting and UVmap come in? I'm confused. :o lol

psiko
18-01-11, 09:27
you do not have to, forcely.. But the tr4 file accepts real uvmaps and unwraps, so you can use real uvmaps inside of it thanks to metasequoia and meta2tr :)
this lion head is built from real photos:
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3969/lionhead01red01.jpg
it has a 3d shape from the reference pics built inside 3dsmax, a texture drawn with 3d painting, it has a real uv unwrap, and it is imported successfully inside the game thanks to meta2tr and metasequoia :)

Titak
18-01-11, 10:36
So far I haven't used any UVmapping or lighting.
Yet I have made some changes to some of the roomgeometry and placed objects in it.
But the objects were already textured with STRPix (because I wasn't sure if I wanted to use Meta2TR or not...) and the shapes in the roomgeometry were only smoothened a bit and then I changed the shape by moving vertices. The smoothing process cuts up the textures which are already applied, so no UVmapping needed there. :D

Now I have another problem.
My "underground" levels won't convert with Meta2TR.
It's giving me a message that has to do with Lara's meshtree?
I don't understand this. All Lara related objects are all based on the same Lara related objects from the manor levels and I haven't been messing with the meshtrees... :confused:

How can I solve this?

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/screenshots/meta2tr02.jpg

psiko
18-01-11, 10:48
I do not know if this can be the case, but I usually convert levels putting the files in a folder inside the root directory, for example:

c:\Meta2tr_HyperSquare\

because once Meta2tr told me that his tool has some problems with the directories names, expecially the ones with a space in the name... I do not know if it has been fixed during the last months with the last releases, as I keep building into directories of that kind, as I find it easy.. anyhow, you could give it a try changing the folder...

Titak
18-01-11, 11:43
Will do.
Thanks for the tip. :D

**** EDIT ****
No luck. :(
I have no psaces in the names at all.
I also made a seperate folder on the main D drive. Nothin.
I keep getting that message with all the underground levels which use a different Lara-skin and such.

psiko
18-01-11, 17:40
maybe are you using some custom weapon? or maybe there is a meshswap item for lara in the wad, so identical meshes point to the same 3d mesh?
Wadmerger "collapses" identical meshes (for example all the meshes used by the pulley) to one... to avoid this, it is sufficient that the identical meshes have even only one texture different (or rotated/mirrored) so that the meshes still look identical (expecially in game), but they actually aren't for wadmerger...

Shauni
18-01-11, 23:11
Hey! So I made a test room in Coastal Ruins with 4 objects in it, I replaced PLANT0 with a simple low poly object and followed the tutorial on the website. When it came time to test the level, my editor looks like this:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/BlueMoonCafe/TRLE/a8bd6bdf.jpg
That's the title screen. Every level looks messed up like this. I replaced the level that I tested on with the original coastal and everything in-game is still messed up. =/

Any ideas? Do I need to reinstall my editor? lol

disapearing-boy
18-01-11, 23:17
^^ As far as I know, you just have to output and compile the levels again with tomb2pc and the levels will revert back to their pre-meta state. Meta only edits the compiled .tr4 level files and doesn't change anything in the editor itself. You loose all changes in meta, when you do this.:)

I don't know what caused that problem though?

Shauni
18-01-11, 23:52
Thanks, but I put all the original coastal files back (.tr4, .tom, wad and map), converted it, and everything in the editor is still scrambled. O_O

sapper
19-01-11, 05:37
Now I have another problem.
My "underground" levels won't convert with Meta2TR.
It's giving me a message that has to do with Lara's meshtree?
I don't understand this. All Lara related objects are all based on the same Lara related objects from the manor levels and I haven't been messing with the meshtrees... :confused:

How can I solve this?

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/screenshots/meta2tr02.jpg

Just keep hitting "Enter" on the keyboard until meta2tr gets past all the Lara moveables at which time it should progress automatically again.

None of Lara's moveables will be exported to the MoveAll but the other moveables will be.

Titak
19-01-11, 09:49
^
Thanks. :D
I'm going to try that.
All I did so far was close the window when this message pops up.

I don't need the Lara moveables in the MoveAll.mqo anyway. :D

ggctuk
19-01-11, 11:02
Thanks, but I put all the original coastal files back (.tr4, .tom, wad and map), converted it, and everything in the editor is still scrambled. O_O

This is probably a graphics problem. Since meta2tr doesn't modify the executeable, are you using TREP or TRNG?

Shauni
19-01-11, 16:07
I'm using the NGLE. I'm really puzzled how modifying one object in coastal could affect all the levels

Edit: uhm okay so it's magically fixed it's self now. lol O_o yay! :D

Titak
19-01-11, 16:26
^
Thanks. :D
I'm going to try that.
All I did so far was close the window when this message pops up.
Yes, entering did the trick. :jmp:

meta2tr
19-01-11, 19:04
Yes, entering did the trick. :jmp:

Hi Titak,

I already saw this problem with Sapper. He had a custom scream Lara, and the mesh tree was not what it normally is in the Wads from Core. When I wrote the code that analyzes the mesh tree, I didn't know that the engine doesn't care if the mesh tree is wrong, which is why I built this warning.

Anyway, if you need to export or import Lara, let me know and I'll fix the problem in the program.

Titak
19-01-11, 19:17
Thank you. :hug:
I will keep that in mind.

I'm not doing any UVmapping right now since all I'm doing is making objects I had already made the usual way (meta + STRPix) part of the roomgeometry. :D

Laras Boyfr.
20-01-11, 16:56
:rolleyes: It would be nice to have a feature in meta2tr that puts in selected objects slots into the room geometry so they dont need to be placed manually like Titak does now.

Titak
20-01-11, 17:28
Like when you export the entire level to Meta with the Meta2TR.exe the objects you placed in the TRLE are also placed in the RoomAll.MQO?

That would indeed save me a lot of work. :D

Laras Boyfr.
20-01-11, 17:39
Yeah I mean that ^
with a nice feature that can copy ALL statics as geometry to the map and/or selected moveable and static slots.
I hope that will be possible as it would mean that Mists of Avalon will be released around 2weeks earlier :pi:

Titak
20-01-11, 18:09
But then you should still be able to exclude some objects from the roomgeometry, because I doubt enemies, switches, pushables, etc will work when made part fo teh roomgeometry.

Laras Boyfr.
20-01-11, 18:30
and/or selected moveable and static slots.

But then you should still be able to exclude some objects from the roomgeometry, because I doubt enemies, switches, pushables, etc will work when made part fo teh roomgeometry.

^ as I suggested ;)

Titak
05-07-11, 23:04
@ meta2tr:
Could you please have a look at THIS (second post) (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126244&page=291)?
It looks like I may have hit a limit which has to be confirmed by Paolone I think but perhaps you could shed some light on the fact that it does not seem to be possible to decrease the amount of unique leveltextures/tailinfo's in the do-not-delete/newlevel.tr4 unless you start with a freshly converted .tr4 levelfile (straight from tomb2pc.exe) so you get a fresh do-not-delete.

!Lara Croft!
24-07-11, 10:07
Could someone post a link to Meta2tr? The site is dead.

Titak
24-07-11, 13:21
The link on the first post works fine for me.

!Lara Croft!
25-07-11, 00:28
Well I get "Site moved. Redirecting..." then nothing. Ive been trying for a week.

Kapu
25-07-11, 01:41
Well I get "Site moved. Redirecting..." then nothing. Ive been trying for a week.

here is the address the site redirects to: http://meta2tr.99k.org/ ;)

Titak
25-07-11, 08:45
Oh... odd. :confused: The redirecting works for me so I didn't realise that this could be the thing that was going wrong for you. :o

But Kapu already posted the correct link now. :tmb:

THOR2010
11-09-11, 15:10
Is there a way to texture individual squares in meta kinda like how we do in the editor?

TheTiger
11-09-11, 15:14
yes, you have to make every texture tile in an bmp file, and you can open it with the material panel, im kinda bad in explaining it but check the meta2tr site, you can see how texture faces in the retexturing tab ;)

THOR2010
11-09-11, 15:29
ok i understand that thanks:)

EDIT: thanks again tiger, i just figured out how to uv map on accident!

THOR2010
11-09-11, 17:37
sorry for double post but, i have a bunch of objects that already have been uv textured, there all 256X256 tiles but ingame they are weird with random other textures from the level on them, do i need to use existing textures from the level on the objects?

Shauni
11-09-11, 18:03
I'm rusty at metatr2, so Im not completely certain exactly how to do it.. you can use new textures, I think you have to add the texture file in with the other textures that are in the metatr2 folder and name your file "tile__" with a number in the blank space.. There is a tutorial on the metatr2 site about it and I'm sure it's much more helpful than I am! :o

THOR2010
11-09-11, 20:05
hmm, ill try that, thanks, i didn't find a tutorial on meta2tr just one using an already there tile.
EDIT: Thank u it worked

AODfan
13-01-12, 12:20
Sorry for the bump but i have a problem with meta2tr :o

I want to add some statics to the room geometry so they react to the lighting of the room. I wrote them all in the merge list and made the vertex colour in RoomAll 255,255,255 but after converting it back into my level it still looks the same. The objects don't react to the lighting.
Am I doing something wrong?

Titak
13-01-12, 16:15
Which version of Meta2TR are you usng?
It is best to use the latest which is, as far as I know, version 6. Earlier versions might have problems with this? :confused:

Also, by "converting it back" you mean you dropped the edited RoomAll.mqo with the merged and newly lighted objects onto the meta2tr.exe?
Did you also renamed the Newlevel.tr4 to the name your lavel has and placed it in the TRLE/Data folder?

Just asking in case you may have forgotten one of these steps by mistake.
Has happened to me so it is not unthinkable...

Btw, it has always worked for me.
I hardly ever reset the lighting of the merged statics to 255,255,255 though. So in my case they do keep the lighting I gave them in the editor but they do react to lights, flames, flares and such.

AODfan
13-01-12, 16:23
I'm using the latest version of meta2tr and I did everything you said.
Just incase I misunderstood something
Do they react to spotlights, light bulbs... too?
Because I noticed they get a bit lighter when lighting a flare or shooting with the pistols but they don't take over the room lighting

Titak
13-01-12, 16:26
Well, theoretically they should react the ambient lighting like lights and suns when the lighting is set to 255,255,255.
But sometimes this doesn't catch on.

Better wait for psiko because he has a way to make it catch on.
I'm not absolutely sure how it goes, but it has something to do with reconverting the original tr4 file OR the newlevel.tr4.

meta2tr
13-01-12, 18:52
I want to add some statics to the room geometry so they react to the lighting of the room.

I guess that by the lighting of the room, you mean bulbs and ambient RGB settings, (this is static lighting) and also flares and flames (this is dynamic lighting).

I wrote them all in the merge list and made the vertex colour in RoomAll 255,255,255 but after converting it back into my level it still looks the same. The objects don't react to the lighting.
Am I doing something wrong?

If the object doesn't react to flares at all, then I think the merge didn't work. You can check if the merge was successful or not by opening report.txt and scroll down to the end.

It seems that the merge is successful because you say that you set the vertex lighting to 255,255,255 in RoomAll. (I take it that you mean the vertex lighting of the object which is now in the room mesh). That is correct, if you want to remove all lighting from those vertices.

If that is what you did, then the object will take on the room lighting, but perhaps not how you'd expect. It doesn't directly use the light settings of the bulbs and shadows, it is lit by the original room's vertices. It's as if each room vertex becomes a small light source.

TheTiger
13-01-12, 19:19
How can i fix lightning cracks? i just dont know how to reset lightning after copying and pasting faces, i allready made them all joint up but how can i make it as smooth as the rest?

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3834/shot014.png

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/562/shot013o.png

AODfan
13-01-12, 19:19
I guess that by the lighting of the room, you mean bulbs and ambient RGB settings, (this is static lighting) and also flares and flames (this is dynamic lighting).

If the object doesn't react to flares at all, then I think the merge didn't work. You can check if the merge was successful or not by opening report.txt and scroll down to the end.

It seems that the merge is successful because you say that you set the vertex lighting to 255,255,255 in RoomAll. (I take it that you mean the vertex lighting of the object which is now in the room mesh). That is correct, if you want to remove all lighting from those vertices.

If that is what you did, then the object will take on the room lighting, but perhaps not how you'd expect. It doesn't directly use the light settings of the bulbs and shadows, it is lit by the original room's vertices. It's as if each room vertex becomes a small light source.

The objects do react to flares but they dont take over the lighting.

I actually select the whole room and set the vertex lighting to 255,255,255.
I just tried it set it only to the merged statics but its still the same.

Titak
13-01-12, 19:28
How can i fix lightning cracks? i just dont know how to reset lightning after copying and pasting faces, i allready made them all joint up but how can i make it as smooth as the rest?Set the lighting (V-Crl button) to white (default colour when the window opens)
Select the face you copied and pasted into another area, then open the lighting window, make sure that the colour of the light is white, click the Polygon button and then click "Apply to selected faces".

At least that's how I've been doing it...

meta2tr
13-01-12, 19:40
The objects do react to flares but they dont take over the lighting.

I actually select the whole room and set the vertex lighting to 255,255,255.
I just tried it set it only to the merged statics but its still the same.

Possibly the merged statics are too far from any of the room vertices to "see" them.

TheTiger
13-01-12, 19:47
Set the lighting (V-Crl button) to white (default colour when the window opens)
Select the face you copied and pasted into another area, then open the lighting window, make sure that the colour of the light is white, click the Polygon button and then click "Apply to selected faces".

At least that's how I've been doing it...

But now the whole room is looking bland, do i have to add the coloured lightning myself again?

meta2tr
13-01-12, 19:58
How can i fix lightning cracks? i just dont know how to reset lightning after copying and pasting faces, i allready made them all joint up but how can i make it as smooth as the rest?

If you just have a few faces to fix, it's quite easy to do this manually without resetting the lighting. In your example, you have a light face next to a dark face. Find a vertex on the light edge. In V-Clr, move the mouse pointer near to this vertex so it turns yellow, but stay on the light side. Shift-left-click to "pick up" the lighter tone. Now apply this to the dark side in the same way, via a vertex on that edge, approach it until it turns yellow, but staying on the darker side, left-click to apply the lighting.

psiko
13-01-12, 20:00
But now the whole room is looking bland, do i have to add the coloured lightning myself again?

they are white and flat, but will be updated inside the tr4 file thanks to meta2tr and previous extraction. To have them illuminated, after you imported, use the "newlevel method" which consist in dragging the newlevel.tr4 file onto meta2tr and obtaining a new roomall.mqo which is updated and with fixed colored vertices: this new roomall is still coherent with your previous mqo files, so rename it for example as mylevel-001.mqo and keep using this file to update your level.

AODfan
13-01-12, 20:01
Possibly the merged statics are too far from any of the room vertices to "see" them.

What do you mean by that?

meta2tr
13-01-12, 20:05
By "see" them, I mean "be lit by" them.

TheTiger
13-01-12, 20:08
they are white and flat, but will be updated inside the tr4 file thanks to meta2tr and previous extraction. To have them illuminated, after you imported, use the "newlevel method" which consist in dragging the newlevel.tr4 file onto meta2tr and obtaining a new roomall.mqo which is updated and with fixed colored vertices: this new roomall is still coherent with your previous mqo files, so rename it for example as mylevel-001.mqo and keep using this file to update your level.

Or i just easily do it at the end when i meta2tr'ed the whole level.
Thanks Psiko, your always so smart with these kind of things! :D

psiko
13-01-12, 20:09
What do you mean by that?
the illumination inside the original tr4 file is set inside ngle/trle and thanks to meta2tr is fixed on the geometry illuminating and coloring the vertices.
After MANY conversion, that original illumination gets lost, and new added geometry has a wrong illumination. So you need to restart all over again exporting the files from the original tr4 file (do a backup copy of all you have modified first).
When updating adding new geometry, those new poligons receive the illumination from the surroundings, more precisely, by the vertices who are around/near the added ones. Each already existent vertex so works like a little light source for the new vertices you add: but after MANY importations, you need to restart from a new polished exportation.
This does not give any problem, if you keep your modified files in a safe folder.

AODfan
13-01-12, 20:23
By "see" them, I mean "be lit by" them.

The statics are placed directly on the LE squares so I think they arent too far away from the vertices :confused:

the illumination inside the original tr4 file is set inside ngle/trle and thanks to meta2tr is fixed on the geometry illuminating and coloring the vertices.
After MANY conversion, that original illumination gets lost, and new added geometry has a wrong illumination. So you need to restart all over again exporting the files from the original tr4 file (do a backup copy of all you have modified first).
When updating adding new geometry, those new poligons receive the illumination from the surroundings, more precisely, by the vertices who are around/near the added ones. Each already existent vertex so works like a little light source for the new vertices you add: but after MANY importations, you need to restart from a new polished exportation.
This does not give any problem, if you keep your modified files in a safe folder.

I always start with a new .tr4 file since I first wanted to see if I can get the statics react to lighting to work and dont actually change the room geometry in meta

TheTiger
13-01-12, 20:53
If you just have a few faces to fix, it's quite easy to do this manually without resetting the lighting. In your example, you have a light face next to a dark face. Find a vertex on the light edge. In V-Clr, move the mouse pointer near to this vertex so it turns yellow, but stay on the light side. Shift-left-click to "pick up" the lighter tone. Now apply this to the dark side in the same way, via a vertex on that edge, approach it until it turns yellow, but staying on the darker side, left-click to apply the lighting.

Woops overlooked this one, thanks, this sounds like a nice workaround, ill try it :D

Titak
13-01-12, 22:05
If you just have a few faces to fix, it's quite easy to do this manually without resetting the lighting. In your example, you have a light face next to a dark face. Find a vertex on the light edge. In V-Clr, move the mouse pointer near to this vertex so it turns yellow, but stay on the light side. Shift-left-click to "pick up" the lighter tone. Now apply this to the dark side in the same way, via a vertex on that edge, approach it until it turns yellow, but staying on the darker side, left-click to apply the lighting.Oh my! Learned something new today. :D
Didn't know this... :D

TheTiger
13-01-12, 22:09
Oh my! Learned something new today. :D
Didn't know this... :D

I just tried this and it works awesome, you can make the lightning on statics so detailed now... :jmp:

Titak
13-01-12, 22:14
And there I was trying to match the colour of the lighting by trial and error all this time! :vlol:

meta2tr
13-01-12, 22:14
Woops overlooked this one, thanks, this sounds like a nice workaround, ill try it :D

BTW you can see the lighting better if you click on the menu "view" then "show textures" (this hides and shows textures).

TheTiger
13-01-12, 22:26
BTW you can see the lighting better if you click on the menu "view" then "show textures" (this hides and shows textures).

Yes, i just checked the meta2tr page and i saw it, you can see it much better in just white :D

AODfan
13-01-12, 23:05
I solved my problem by changing the lighting of the statics from static to movable :D

psiko
13-01-12, 23:41
I solved my problem by changing the lighting of the statics from static to movable :D
I think this proves that objects weren't actually merged.. as if they were, they would have become part of room geometry, and there is nothing related to "static" or "moveable" illumination for rooms :)

AODfan
13-01-12, 23:49
I actually changed the objects lighting "type" (the static and moveable thing) in strpix and after that it suddenly worked :)

raiderromero
25-01-12, 02:27
hello i have few questions about using meta2tr i've searched on internet but can't find any help to install customs models from google warehouse, i already learned by my self how to import and export models from googleskchtup, then using a fbx converter, then to metasequoi,next scaling the object because its usually very big and then added to the meshroom( it took me about a day to discover how to do such thing because when you import and object it appears a new object in metasequoi, then nobody told me to drag the obj into roomx). everything work fine the first model i imported i save the texture file in meta2tr folder as tileX, but when i wanted to insert more models, "plants" i get an error message saying

Warning : texture uv triangle at points (0.24,5.16) (0.24,5.28)
(0.14,5.24) on tile 43 does not fall into a specific 256 x 256 zone.
Because of this, Meta2tr cannot detect which attributes to apply.
To continue, outside points will be moved to the edges of the center
zone. This may produce unexpected texturing.
..... 6690 vertices 4014 level textures ......

(these are just some lines cause the real text goes ufff..)

the object had more that one tile, and i copied all bmp file inside the meta2tr folder , in metasequoi it was all textured,as i understand the error says that the obj that i added to the room got no "square faces" and textures cant be applied, and when i go to the game and test the level, it crashes, or see the object in the room untextured ¿how can i solve that?¿cant i just import any model due to de numbers of vertex and that stuff? ¿Or how do i import models from google warehouse step by step correctly?

psiko
25-01-12, 03:56
in most cases, you cannot import internet downloaded meshes "as they are" into this engine. Meshes must have one or more tile material applied and to check you are doing good, simply go into the material properties and see if it calls a real tile you are going to import.
Most of all, you need to learn a bit of uv mapping and unwrap uv, this is the page done for you:
https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/editing-rooms/retexture
And here something more complicated:
https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home/editing-rooms/uvedit
Then, the unwrap must fit those rules, you find them in that page too:

https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/_/rsrc/1322636190923/home/editing-rooms/retexture/UV_zones.jpg

Check the UV button in metasequoia, select your object and that specific tile: the uv polygons must fit those areas in order they are recognized by the engine and meta2tr :)
Edit: your object should already have an uv unwrap, but meta2tr is telling you, when importing, that those uv poligons do NOT match those criteria on this image :) uv triangles/quadrilaters can be of any size and position, even irregurarly, but must belong to one of those areas. Probably tour objects have uv vertices that are outside this rule, or big uv triangles that should be scaled down or simply subdivided (and then uv must be changed according this image).

spooky_shadow
25-01-12, 14:52
Why do some black parts appear?

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6094/errormeta2tr.png

Titak
25-01-12, 16:54
It is usually caused by bent rectangles.
Triangulating the rectangle should therefore do the trick. :D

psiko
25-01-12, 19:04
Why do some black parts appear?

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/6094/errormeta2tr.png
very beautiful textures, btw. Where have you found them? I would like to have them, but I won't use them in my levels, so you'll still have the exclusivity :)

raiderromero
25-01-12, 20:28
I`ve already read the tutorial but i still get the same error, and cant figure out what am i doing wrong...i gonna explain what i do:
1.- I open the roomall.mqo (recently converted from meta2tr)
2.-I import the model i want in my level, as usually i scale it so that if fits in the room i want it to be, reduced polygons ,and its untextured.
3.-I try to texture it by saving in meta2tr directory the tileX.bmp then in metasequoi, changed the name of the material to tilex.bmp, and opened the file directory, then select the object, and apply material to faces.
4.-I go to UV, and notice tha the faces doesnt fit in the tile
http://s18.postimage.org/qf96fqmrt/image.png
so if i use "atlas" metasequoi crashes and i try to fit it manually by selecting all (rect) then scaling and finally moving to the tile
http://s10.postimage.org/lu33xdo49/image.png
5.-after step 3 i can see the model or object textured in metasequoi, so i just dragged the object to the room to make part of it, save the room.mqo file and dropped in meta2tr....
but i still continue getting the same errors :mad:

Warning : texture uv triangle at points (0.15,0.83) (0.10,0.95)
(-0.05,0.75) on tile 42 does not fall into a specific 256 x 256 zone.
Because of this, Meta2tr cannot detect which attributes to apply.
To continue, outside points will be moved to the edges of the center
zone. This may produce unexpected texturing.
..... 2059 vertices 7109 level textures ...

and in game it looks horrible
what am i doing wrong?... is the problem the model or object?... did i miss something???

psiko
25-01-12, 21:58
as the message says, it's the tile 42 that creates the problem.. so, you have to check every material that objects has applied on itself.
The tile is 42nd but I can't remember if the numeration is the same that you have into the mqo file, so check the 41 and 43 tile.
Or, easier, uncheck the MATERIAL tag inside metasequoia uv window, so the current object shows its complete uv infos not related to the specific selected material, and fix the uv infos that are outside those areas :)

spooky_shadow
25-01-12, 22:53
It is usually caused by bent rectangles.
Triangulating the rectangle should therefore do the trick. :D

Thanks Titak, I'll try.

To psiko: The textures are from TR:Underworld, but I modified them with Photoshop.

psiko
26-01-12, 02:46
To psiko: The textures are from TR:Underworld, but I modified them with Photoshop.
thank you :) So are they available somewhere?

raiderromero
26-01-12, 04:25
as the message says, it's the tile 42 that creates the problem.. so, you have to check every material that objects has applied on itself.
The tile is 42nd but I can't remember if the numeration is the same that you have into the mqo file, so check the 41 and 43 tile.
Or, easier, uncheck the MATERIAL tag inside metasequoia uv window, so the current object shows its complete uv infos not related to the specific selected material, and fix the uv infos that are outside those areas :)

psiko i did what you said and when converting it to meta doesn't give any error but in game the object is black and faces dont respond to lights :( ( ignore my room that is dark, anyway i tried to move it to a much lighter room but it was the same)
http://i44.************/2nrzddj.png

psiko
26-01-12, 05:08
are you using any bump texture in your level?

raiderromero
26-01-12, 15:24
are you using any bump texture in your level?

well this are the textures (size reduced of course).... i dont really know, and in level editor i used "big textures" (256x256)
http://i39.************/34y4ao4.jpghttp://i44.************/34j6nwk.jpghttp://i41.************/zx2xyc.jpg

psiko
26-01-12, 15:37
would you mind sending me the files in private email? I would like to see what it is wrong.
Bump textures are the textures you use inside ngle to imitate the bumps of materials on surfaces, but it seems you are not using them, by the textures tiles exported you are showing here.. bumps create that "black" effect on new tiles added.. because there are 2 options: or you use bump textures or you do not use them and you can add tiles using meta2tr.
Anyhow, if you send the files to me, I need the untouched tr4 file, the final mqo's, the tiles and the additional tiles.. you could upload a zip file at www.multiupload.com and send me the link at psiko@tin.it :) After I check, if I need something more, I will let you know :) when looking at your files, I will respect your privacy and I won't look things I do not need to look at :)

meta2tr
26-01-12, 16:02
[QUOTE=raiderromero;5938936]well this are the textures (size reduced of course).... i dont really know, and in level editor i used "big textures" (256x256)

There is a problem with your roomall.mqo file. I can see in the screenshot that the materials list has a gap. Tile047 is directly after Tile041. That causes the object to be textured with Tile042 in the game. If Tile042 in the level is a magenta tile, then the faces would be black in the game, like in your screenshot. You can fix this if you add Tile042, 43 44 45 46 to your Metasequoia file.

raiderromero
26-01-12, 17:59
would you mind sending me the files in private email? I would like to see what it is wrong.

Okay, mm the site isnt working i will send you the link but in mediafire...edit: i've sent you the PM from hotmail, did you receive it?

To Meta2tr: i've already changed the names of the files (in metasequioa as well) and after tile 041.bmp is tile042.bmp(the tile i want to add to my new object) but its no working anyway.... i've done something...deleting all the new tiles and applying an already existing tile to the object, it is textured in game, but doesn't react to the lights, but that ins't the case, i want to add a new texture to the object but when i test it,its black...and i get another error when converting, it says about the limit of textures or something and that i should add a settings=SET_ACCEPT_EXTRA_TAILINFOS in setting, i've done, and didnt work either.
http://i41.************/2mewgfr.png

meta2tr
26-01-12, 18:42
To Meta2tr: i've already changed the names of the files (in metasequioa as well) and after tile 041.bmp is tile042.bmp(the tile i want to add to my new object) but its no working anyway.... i've done something...deleting all the new tiles and applying an already existing tile to the object, it is textured in game, but doesn't react to the lights, but that ins't the case, i want to add a new texture to the object but when i test it,its black...and i get another error when converting, it says about the limit of textures or something and that i should add a settings=SET_ACCEPT_EXTRA_TAILINFOS in setting, i've done, and didnt work either.

OK. You also need to drag this new Tile042.bmp file onto the meta2tr icon to put it into the level. This is true with any bmp tile you change or add.

In your report.txt file, check the number of textures, it shouldn't be more than 32768. If it is then I'll explain how to solve this.

raiderromero
26-01-12, 18:51
OK. You also need to drag this new Tile042.bmp file onto the meta2tr icon to put it into the level. This is true with any bmp tile you change or add.

In your report.txt file, check the number of textures, it shouldn't be more than 32768. If it is then I'll explain how to solve this.

OMG didnt know i had to dragg the bmp file, it worked, thank you so much meta2tr
but why arent the faces light up with lights?http://i40.************/2crvwhd.png