PDA

View Full Version : cant lara never age?

robm_2007
20-04-08, 05:33
if she has the infada stone (which i think makes u never age, as in you never look older). and the philosophers stone, which makes u immortal. so does she actually use these stones? or does she just have them for her collection? b/c if uses them then she could tomb raid forever.

Sir Croft
20-04-08, 05:57
She's a game character, that's why she doesn't age.

kryptonite23
20-04-08, 06:00
I think she just added those things to her collection ;)

NightWish
20-04-08, 10:22
why would she?

JackTiger
20-04-08, 10:43
It's just like a comic character to last forever. "There can't be change, only the ilusion of change".

NightWish
20-04-08, 10:52
hmm this reminds me - I kind of loved how the TR comics ended - lara found teh fountain of youth and never aged - eternel TOMB RAIDING :D

Lux veritata
20-04-08, 11:16
Lara will stay forever young!:D

MrBear
20-04-08, 11:21
It seems she has aged a bit from Legend to Underworld, but as others have pointed out, she's a game character.. Also, I don't think she's got the Philosopher's Stone lying around in Crystal's TR universe :)

Verdilet
20-04-08, 11:32
if she has the infada stone (which i think makes u never age, as in you never look older). and the philosophers stone, which makes u immortal. so does she actually use these stones? or does she just have them for her collection? b/c if uses them then she could tomb raid forever.

I think it's the eye of isis that stops you from ageing. That's why Sophia Leigh was only in her 20's or 30's when Lara met her. But I agree, she should use her artifacts. I never understood why in TR3 she did not use the meteorite artifacts against her enemies or why, in Legend, she did not use the pieces of excalibur until she had the whole sword. Takamoto and Rutland managed it.

zappo3000
20-04-08, 11:35

living forever is a bad thing.

i wouldnt mess with the stones-could be dangerous...

MGisace
20-04-08, 15:38
living forever is a bad thing.

i wouldnt mess with the stones-could be dangerous...

I dont Think Lara Will Live Forever!! ............................. Or Maybe She Will Its Really Up To Eidos If They Want Lara To Live Her Whole Life Being A game Person ?

Larapink
20-04-08, 15:40
This thread has been done before, I wish people searched the forums.

trtrailerman
20-04-08, 16:20
lara does age, no-one notices because she uses anti-aging cream like andy macdowell :D

Chiki Mina
20-04-08, 16:22
Don't worry. Diamonds are not the only ones who are a girl's best friend. Botox injections are :) She could be the next Janice Dickinson.

MoonSword
20-04-08, 17:14

No need to add more...

Anthony-German
20-04-08, 17:22

She could, but she won't! :D

DA MAIN MAN
20-04-08, 21:14
The millionth thread with this topic:rolleyes:

She's a game character. She'll never age!

robm_2007
20-04-08, 23:10

what about sam fisher from splinter cell? he ages.

Sir Croft
20-04-08, 23:10
She could, but she won't! :D

Of course, but only if CD and Eidos want. :)

what about sam fisher from splinter cell? he ages.

See above.

kooky
21-04-08, 02:39

Exactly, Lara Croft if she was real, she would be 40 today, in the Tomb Raider Universe she is only like 27-30 years old. ;)

robm_2007
21-04-08, 03:03
Don't worry. Diamonds are not the only ones who are a girl's best friend. Botox injections are :) She could be the next Janice Dickinson.

janice dickinson is gross.

Rexie
21-04-08, 04:56
She's like Jennifer in Days Of Our Lifes, never ages.

Verdilet
21-04-08, 06:18
Exactly, Lara Croft if she was real, she would be 40 today, in the Tomb Raider Universe she is only like 27-30 years old. ;)

She is probably young because of the eye of isis. It is all very well to say that it's just because she is a video game character, but there must be some more logical explanation. Surely you don't want Tomb Raider to be so unrealistic that nobody ever ages?

lita212
21-04-08, 06:40
i think it was a pretty bad idea to give her a birthday etc coz shes a game character and its annoying how people think she should age.

RAID
21-04-08, 07:08
i think it was a pretty bad idea to give her a birthday etc coz shes a game character and its annoying how people think she should age.
Same here

MrBear
21-04-08, 07:15
She is probably young because of the eye of isis. It is all very well to say that it's just because she is a video game character, but there must be some more logical explanation. Surely you don't want Tomb Raider to be so unrealistic that nobody ever ages?

Pro primo, I'm pretty sure she doesn't even have the Eye of Isis.. Pro segundo, why do you need a logical explanation? Can't we just accept that they want to make TR games with an athlete and not someone so old she can't even jump? If you took a good, hard and logical look at TR there are many more things than just the absence of aging... But why bother?

Also (ehh, pro tertia?), I'm surprised that noone has mentioned how she actually does look older in Underworld so far...

Anthony-German
21-04-08, 11:55
Of course, but only if CD and Eidos want. :).

And thats why the won't! :D

Anubis_AF
21-04-08, 14:54
Moved to General Chat.

Verdilet
21-04-08, 16:48
Pro primo, I'm pretty sure she doesn't even have the Eye of Isis.. Pro segundo, why do you need a logical explanation? Can't we just accept that they want to make TR games with an athlete and not someone so old she can't even jump? If you took a good, hard and logical look at TR there are many more things than just the absence of aging... But why bother?

Also (ehh, pro tertia?), I'm surprised that noone has mentioned how she actually does look older in Underworld so far...

Alright, I don't want Tomb Raider to be too realistic. If it was, the gameplay and storyline would not be nearly as good, but ageing happens to everyone even in stories and since we have a fairly good explanation for why Lara could not age, why not use it. And why would she not have the Eye of Isis? After finding one of the artifacts she has been searching for for most of a game, Lara would put it in her treasure room. Also, I don't think she looks much older in TRU.

MrBear
21-04-08, 18:04
Alright, I don't want Tomb Raider to be too realistic. If it was, the gameplay and storyline would not be nearly as good, but ageing happens to everyone even in stories and since we have a fairly good explanation for why Lara could not age, why not use it. And why would she not have the Eye of Isis? After finding one of the artifacts she has been searching for for most of a game, Lara would put it in her treasure room. Also, I don't think she looks much older in TRU.

You don't think she looks older? That's just me then.. But yes, too much realism would spoil the fun... And about the Eye of Isis, I don't think the current Lara Croft's got it in her possession since TR3 was a part of Core's time line.. But that's up for debate, I guess :)

Anyway, the whole idea of her treasuring an artifact that prevents her from aging just sounds silly to me :p that's like the Holy Grail, right? To have Lara Croft keeping such an item without being bothered by anyone or making a fuzz about it, it's just.. not right :) or put differently: trying to answer such a question (which, to me, is irrelevant) only makes room for a lot of new questions...

Chiki Mina
21-04-08, 18:35
MrBear, I believe it's the fountain of youth (?). I have no idea on the Holy Grail. *Googles*

But Lara doesn't strike me as the type of person to find an artifact to stop the aging. You know, killing baddies, going through all puzzles just to get her young. Meh, don't think so. That's my opinion.

georgiag87
24-04-08, 10:24
if u ask me she looks pretty old in underworld, maybe she is aging?

MrBear
24-04-08, 12:05
^ That's my opinion too.. although I wouldn't call her 'pretty old', but definitely older :)

MrBear, I believe it's the fountain of youth (?). I have no idea on the Holy Grail. *Googles*

Yes, the Fountain of Youth grants eternal life (too?) :) but the point is still that (I think) it's ridicule to have an artifact with such powers stashed in her trophy room.. You create many more problems than you solve.. In other words, let's just accept that she's not aging at the same speed as the living without resorting to fantastic explanations :p

Nenya awakens
24-04-08, 14:10
I think it's the eye of isis that stops you from ageing. That's why Sophia Leigh was only in her 20's or 30's when Lara met her. But I agree, she should use her artifacts. I never understood why in TR3 she did not use the meteorite artifacts against her enemies or why, in Legend, she did not use the pieces of excalibur until she had the whole sword. Takamoto and Rutland managed it.

how old was she supposed to be, i canny remember