PDA

View Full Version : 2009 BtB Ideas

TombRaiderTim
20-04-08, 10:04
Please share your ideas on what you would like for the next BtB, who knows anyones idea on this thread could become the next one!

I would like the 2009 BtB to be going back to the original games like TR1, TR2 and TR3 in which the challenge would be to build a level based on TR1, 2 or 3.

For example: BtB challenge, create a TR1 atlantis type level. You would need to use sounds and textures of the original game...exc.

That is how it might go, anyway what is your ideas for the next BtB project then?

-Roli-
20-04-08, 10:29
Atlantis, Antarctica or Egypt level? :)

JackTiger
20-04-08, 10:40
better yet it could be like tomb raider gold unfinished business. I like the idea

tomblover
20-04-08, 10:52
Something snowy would be nice this time around. :)

Spikey
20-04-08, 10:55
I'm gonna copy and paste a post I made on another forum... :p

--------------------

I think Venice would be a good idea because it's both different to anything in BtB so far, and this year we had a non-urban theme (Peru) and it would be nice to have an urban theme again. :) It also has the variety of streets, canals, sewers, mansions, opera houses...it's all quite varied. I suppose there might be an argument about whether to use TRNG boats or not though. :o

I suppose India could be an option as well though, as we haven't had any jungle-like environments so far (not that I like India as much).

Compass
20-04-08, 10:56
Cathedral?

-Roli-
20-04-08, 11:08
I think Venice would be a good idea because it's both different to anything in BtB so far, and this year we had a non-urban theme (Peru) and it would be nice to have an urban theme again. :) It also has the variety of streets, canals, sewers, mansions, opera houses...it's all quite varied. I suppose there might be an argument about whether to use TRNG boats or not though. :o

I suppose India could be an option as well though, as we haven't had any jungle-like environments so far (not that I like India as much).

great idea :tmb:

Compass
20-04-08, 12:18
India would be great with new texture's and objects! :D

Zebra
20-04-08, 12:36
India or Cambodia would be very cool!
Or perhaps Canada? I think that would be very interesting, too!

tizerist
20-04-08, 13:27
i heard that there will be no more btb any more

it was popular at first, but people are moving on to make generally bigger projects, rather than use a limited set of tools to make a 1 hour level.

QRS
20-04-08, 21:36
That sounds more like you wish that to happen, Tizerist ;) (hence your love for longer levelsets hehe)

I can tell you that there will be a btb2009 if the interest is still there, AND if Tinka is willing to hold everything together. ( I wll have to ask her about that) That is something we will know in the fall of 2008, not now :)

I would recomend you all to post your interest and suggestions etc on the trle.net forum after the summer, when the "contest" is more near so to speak. I read this forum on a daily basis, but not all of the trle.net people do that :) I'm sure many people will find these sugestions very valuable!! I really like the tr1 idea myself :):)

stranger1992
20-04-08, 21:39
^^ He's Admin ;)

I was getting scared i would like another BtB this year. I'll go suggest this on trle.net but I would like to see Underwater Levels explored this year....

Eliza Swann
20-04-08, 21:43
I can tell you that there will be a btb2009 if the interest is still there

I really hope there will be one in the end! I wish my building skills were that good so that I could participate, but unfortunately I need a lot of work and practice before I can make something worth-releasing. But as a player I would love to have yet one more BtB project.

As for the theme, TR1 is indeed good, but imo it's been quite used (both with the official releases and several custom remakes). Now, Venice like someone already said, would be lovely.

Zique
20-04-08, 23:04
I would like to see Underwater Levels explored this year....

Agreed :tmb:

Lara's #1 Pal
20-04-08, 23:59
Venice or something where it snows, ohhh, impossible but, SNOWY VENICE!!!

Please let it be something good, i intend to participate this year, woo, my first btb level.

d|r
21-04-08, 00:06
Venice or something where it snows, ohhh, impossible but, SNOWY VENICE!!!

Impossible for a snowy Venice, eh? Take a look here. (http://trle.net/reviewsearch/levelfeatures.php?lid=1751) ;)

I would like to see something urban, or underwater in the next BTB. Or both!

Lara's #1 Pal
21-04-08, 02:26
OK, i was wrong, I thought venice was to warm to snow, it is in itally. Im not talking about the limits of trle, just venice it to warm.

QRS
21-04-08, 11:26
The location of Venice can always be replaced with Cortina j/k ;)

d|r
23-04-08, 02:34
OK, i was wrong, I thought venice was to warm to snow, it is in itally. Im not talking about the limits of trle, just venice it to warm.

I was just pointing out there was a level like that, no need to...um, be wrong...