PDA

View Full Version : Back To The Original (BTTO)

TombRaiderTim
20-04-08, 17:36
Since BtB has be announced that it will no longer be continued i have made a similar sort of challenge which will be yearly thing just like BtB, this is for people who enjoyed BtB so they can be occupied, anyone can join it!

By the way, the first challenge is real soon! Check the site for details:

http://www.freewebs.com/btto/index.htm

scion05
20-04-08, 17:47
Sounds really good to me, as it's only a month it wont be possible to get
bored making it :tmb:

TombRaiderTim
20-04-08, 17:56
thats what i thought! oh yeah if anyone would be kind to sticky this thread please as then you can show screenshots of your btto levels! :D

snork
20-04-08, 18:16
Oh great.

You don't think you caused enough controversy for this year already ?
Now you declare the BtB dead ? oh right.

Not meaning that this challenge of yours you shouldn't try to make it. löl.
Though I think it's not really feasible to announce the winner the 5th of May when the challenge is open til 1st of June.

Compass
20-04-08, 18:23
I would announce the winner on 1 july a month later. time enough to play all entries ;)

TombRaiderTim
20-04-08, 18:28
ok then july the 1st it is! ;) I would like to have 2 people as judges aswell by the way...

stranger1992
20-04-08, 18:33
BTB Dead? Since when? i was thinking about joining in this year's one but....hmmmm.

And will you make us a new WAD and texture files? And all the audio? btb is harder then it looks to organise.

Zique
20-04-08, 18:33
You cannot start building your level until the 1st of May

Sorry TRT, but, if you are saying which textureset/objects to use, how will you know if everybody is waiting 'till May 1st to start building?

stranger1992
20-04-08, 18:37
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=124114

WTF!

Zebra
20-04-08, 19:31
Yes.
He opened that thread and than tizerist said that he *heard* that there won't be another BtB. So TRtim opened this thread ;).

LaraCablara
20-04-08, 19:33
Is this like a bootleg version of BtB?

Kitkat
20-04-08, 20:13
OK people, there HAS NOT been an official announcement on trle.net that BtB has been cancelled for next year. Remember: if it isn't said by MichaelP or Tinka then it is just gossip! ;)

tizerist
20-04-08, 21:14
Yes.
He opened that thread and than tizerist said that he *heard* that there won't be another BtB. So TRtim opened this thread ;).
:vlol::vlol:i believe they call that "the domino effect"

Lara_Fan
21-04-08, 08:13
OK, TRT I may take part of this, but i have a ques. We don't have to recreate a TRUB/TR1 level, but to create TR Atlantis based level?

TombRaiderTim
21-04-08, 10:23
yes not a remake of any TR1/TRUB levels, a custom level of atlantis but making it have the great gameplay of TR1.

TombRaiderTim
21-04-08, 16:24
sorry for DP but a wad is now availble on the website!

Zique
21-04-08, 17:11
sorry for DP but a wad is now availble on the website!

Err, you didn't answer me
If the textureset/wad is available on the site, how are you going to know who is waiting until May 1st to start building?

Also, can you upload it to another website? Easyshare, rapidshare, anyone. I can't download at megaupload :(
[yeah I want to participate, but I'm not sure if I'm going to]

TombRaiderTim
21-04-08, 17:15
yeah i may be able too, i will do it tommorow!

Lara's Backpack
23-04-08, 02:28
Is there a word for ambitious and presumptuous?

d|r
23-04-08, 02:39
On the site it says the winner will be announced on the 1st of July. But that's the deadline date. People could still be submitting levels on the same date the winner is to be announced. How does that work out? :confused:

Spikey
23-04-08, 07:06
Err, you didn't answer me
If the textureset/wad is available on the site, how are you going to know who is waiting until May 1st to start building?

It's probably for the best if people start building earlier, seems as most people won't be able to create a decent level in only...1 month. :pi:

Oh, and what is this all about?

"A wad of Atlantis but no enemy's included! (You need to get them yourself!)"

Lazy some? :rolleyes: So basically, you give us some unfinished supplies before the starting date, for a competition in which we only have 1 month to build a level and which couldn't possibly be a complete rip-off of BtB, which you assumed was dead after the tiniest rumour. :tmb: I think if you want to pull this off, you're gonna have to make some changes. :whi: The almost-copying title of the competition would be a good start.

QRS
23-04-08, 10:42
I just want to point out (as I did in the other thread) that btb is NOT dead. No idea where you got that from. Feel free to start any kind of competition and call it what you like. (Things like that is good for the community!) But do NOT talk about things you don't have the correct info about. Thanks.

(As always) If A) Tinka wants to organise a new btb and B) if there is still interest and if C) a person can make a textureset+wad etc. there will be a btb2009 period. That is the same kind of criteria which has served as a base for btb since 2005 ;)

But as I said in the other thread, we don't know that until late summer, early fall.

scion05
24-04-08, 16:59
So, is this happening or not ?

Compass
24-04-08, 17:06
If this is going to be Atlantis Chalange why don't you just let people use the TRA ORE TR1 Texture's?:D