PDA

View Full Version : Making Ice turn into Water

Wayne_Scales
23-04-08, 18:58
:)Hi guys

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Basically i want the ice to melt when i trigger the flame emitters. I haven't come across a tuturial on this yet. Any help would be much appreciated. BTW i will be posting pics of my new mission soon. I have retextured the whole mission and i would appreciate your feedback. Anyways, thanks guys.

Wayne

tomblover
23-04-08, 19:04
I think the nearest you can come to a melting effect is a flipmap. Try searching more precisely for that. :)

Lara Coft Baby
23-04-08, 19:09
I think the nearest you can come to a melting effect is a flipmap. Try searching more precisely for that. :)

Yeah, I don't know much about the Level editor. I'm still learning my self. But it seems like a flipmap would work best.

God Horus
23-04-08, 19:22
I think a flip map would be the only way it would work really... Just have the ice, but on the ice put Toggle Opacity so she can't go through it, then on the flipped room, put Toggle Opacity 2 so she WILL go through it.

Compass
23-04-08, 20:00
can a flipmap be triggered with pad trigger?:D

Yasin
23-04-08, 20:10
It can be triggered by anything. heavy/pad/normal.

mattlsu
23-04-08, 22:46
Flipmap tutorial here (http://sceneshiz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=11&id=21&Itemid=50). [:

matrix54
24-04-08, 20:28
look at the City.prj:)

gonzaw
16-05-08, 00:51
The thing I wanted to know some time ago was if you could use a flipmap to make the ice turn into water, but the ice being reflective and not transparent. Basicly, meaning if you could flipmap a mirror room (a floor mirror, making the ice reflective) into a normal one with water....
I don't think it can be done, but again, I don't know too much about TREP and stuff though..

Not As We
16-05-08, 21:56
you could use the burning floor object

change the mesh to look like ice and have a water room underneath

:)

Wayne_Scales
16-05-08, 22:05
you could use the burning floor object

change the mesh to look like ice and have a water room underneath

Thanks for the posts guy's.Burning floor object what wad can i find this in:)

Not As We
16-05-08, 22:08
Thanks for the posts guy's.Burning floor object what wad can i find this in:)

Its in the library Wad

it has a quite difficult set up though
so if you're unsure on how to use it

have a look around the net for a tutorial
i know there is one out there but the site isn't allowed to be mentioned on here unfortunately

Wayne_Scales
16-05-08, 23:21
Thanks this could come in handy.:)

Titak
17-05-08, 11:25
The thing I wanted to know some time ago was if you could use a flipmap to make the ice turn into water, but the ice being reflective and not transparent. Basicly, meaning if you could flipmap a mirror room (a floor mirror, making the ice reflective) into a normal one with water....
I don't think it can be done, but again, I don't know too much about TREP and stuff though..
I think you can use a flipmap for that.
The 'mirrorroom' will then have to be 'flipped' to the waterroom.

So when the ice is still there, the room below the ice/watersurface represents the mirror image of the room above the ice (thus creating the illusion of reflection) and when the ice melts into water, this mirrorroom should turn into a regular waterroom. ;)

snork
17-05-08, 19:21
Its [burning floor] in the library Wad

it has a quite difficult set up though
so if you're unsure on how to use it

have a look around the net for a tutorial
i know there is one out there but the site isn't allowed to be mentioned on here unfortunately

:confused: TRF is on the censors list ? :cln:
Level Editor FAQ #22 (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=388685&postcount=23)

gonzaw
21-10-08, 01:46
I think you can use a flipmap for that.
The 'mirrorroom' will then have to be 'flipped' to the waterroom.

So when the ice is still there, the room below the ice/watersurface represents the mirror image of the room above the ice (thus creating the illusion of reflection) and when the ice melts into water, this mirrorroom should turn into a regular waterroom. ;)

But isn't there something that you change in the script that makes a mirrored room unflippable or something like that? (like, it makes lara reflected all the time, even though you can flipmap it, unless you change the script with a trigger somehow)...

Titak
21-10-08, 08:56
Oh, that's too bad... :(

Maybe something like that is possible with TRNG?
It has extensive scripting and trigger possibilities. ;)

Wayne_Scales
21-10-08, 14:52
This thread was started when i first new about the editor and the amazing world of custom levels :D