PDA

View Full Version : Issue with switch triggereing audio

God Horus
25-04-08, 21:36
I have tried a million times, but I keep messing this up somehow...

In my manor, I have a switch, and when you push it, it plays the classic TR2 song "Venice Violins"

I know I am makling a mistake, because sometimes the second I step on the trigger the song starts, and sometimes the song won't start when I pull the switch.

Can somebody please help?

Thanks!

Seth94
25-04-08, 21:40
Did you trigger the switch properly, because if you don't it will just be a normal trigger and the song will start to play. Check that you have done the switch trigger and not just left it as "trigger". ;)

Christi
25-04-08, 21:45
Jesse, even I can do this heehee...I'm finally helping YOU out!

First place the audio on a square. Then place your switch on that same squareand trigger it to that same square!!:)

(Make sure it's triggering an 'object')

God Horus
25-04-08, 21:47
That is exactly what I am doing! I think that maybe the audio was in the wrong format, I will check that out.

Christi
25-04-08, 21:48
OMG same here...

stranger1992
25-04-08, 22:19
wrong

stranger1992
25-04-08, 22:21
YOu cannot trigger it for some reason with a switch I had the same problem.

Make a new sloped room and put it so the room elevation is at 100 (or put 1 on the ocb in trng)
put a rollingball at the top of the slope. Name this room "ball room"
On the next square from your rollingball put a trigger for the CD track. Make sure it is a heavy trigger.
Trigger the rollingball using the switch. The rollingbal activates heavy triggers ;)

God Horus
25-04-08, 22:22
:p

And what should I be doing? I have like 7 doors in my game (your shiny manor doors actually), and I have 3 raising blocks, all triggered with different switches, all working perfect.

edit - well, after this stranger edited his post from 'wrong' to instructions. Thanks! :D

edit numero 2 - Ahh, yes stranger that is exactly what I end up doing every single time i want to trigger the end of a level triggered by an object picked up or something. Thanks! :D

thecentaur
25-04-08, 23:24
okay, if it isn't possible to trigger audio with a switch, then you can make the switch trigger a flipmap and in the fliproom, wherever you are standing, it would trigger the audio. **shrugs shoulders**

God Horus
25-04-08, 23:32
okay, if it isn't possible to trigger audio with a switch, then you can make the switch trigger a flipmap and in the fliproom, wherever you are standing, it would trigger the audio. **shrugs shoulders**

That's a very good idea as well, never thought of that. It doesn't matter which one i use, really.

Yasin
26-04-08, 06:15
Who says triggering audio with a switch is not possible? I often use it. Doublecheck your triggers, you are missing/setting it up wrong.

Edit: hmmm nvm seems like it does trigger sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. That is odd.

aktrekker
26-04-08, 07:17
Instead of trying to trigger the sound directly, do what the manual says. Try triggering a flipeffect 10, and put the sound number in the timer.