PDA

View Full Version : how to install tomb raider 1

twinki
26-04-08, 17:03
i have downloaded tomb raider 1 from the internet but i cant play or install it ,:hea: i tried with glidos (its some program... i dont no well) and it still dont work are there any patches that i should. if someone can please tell me how to install it? :o

quarrystile
26-04-08, 17:22
Hi and Welcome twinki :wve:

Help will be along soon. Just hang in there.

twinki
26-04-08, 17:32
Hi and Welcome twinki :wve:

Help will be along soon. Just hang in there.

yeah but you now maybe how to help me?:)

EscondeR
26-04-08, 17:36
Tomb Raider 1 CAN'T be downloaded - that's piracy. You need to buy a legal CD from Ebay or Amazon to get help here.

quarrystile
26-04-08, 17:37
yeah but you now maybe how to help me?:)

EDIT.....Post edited. Alex beat me to it :D

driant
26-04-08, 17:50
Tomb Raider 1 CAN'T be downloaded - that's piracy. You need to buy a legal CD from Ebay or Amazon to get help here.

its true downloading of those kind of games is illegal
if you want help go get it from someone else

The Great Chi
26-04-08, 18:51
You should be able to pick up a disk of TR1 for a few dollars nowadays :D

Although this was a DOS game working within a Win95 window enviroment, you need to get the more modern version ('Premier Collection' or 'Sold Out' version ) so that it allows you to run DOS within WinXP.

The biggest problem is getting sound on XP, I just dont bother anymore and when it asks during the install menu which sound card does it use, I just bypass that, and play it silently.

ANOTHER TR1 SUBJECT....
While I am talking about the Tr1 game on PC, can anyone remember the letter of the builtin snapshot button, to take a photosnap of the game while it is running ?

In the origional game on Win95 that facility was there, but I can't find it now on winXP.

EscondeR
26-04-08, 18:58
^ AFAIK in Unfinished Business single press of "?" key starts screen grabbing sequence, second press ends.
There is no screengrabbing key in some TR1 versions though...

quarrystile
26-04-08, 18:59
ANOTHER TR1 SUBJECT....
While I am talking about the Tr1 game on PC, can anyone remember the letter of the builtin snapshot button, to take a photosnap of the game while it is running ?

In the origional game on Win95 that facility was there, but I can't find it now on winXP.

Chi. IF I remember correctly, it was the @ key. But I tend to use the print screen key ( prnt scrn ) key nowadays. :)

OR ..... If you have paintshop pro, you can set it up to take multiple screenshots. ( not sure if other graphics packages support this feature )

EDIT .... Once again Alex corrects me :) ( maybe I am thinking of TR2-3 )

**hides in corner**

@twinki .... I bought my copy of TR1 for 3.00 .... 4.5 Euros

Mr.Burns
26-04-08, 19:50
As Alex has pointed out, TR1 is only available on cd. We can not offer support for illegal downloads.

Closed.