PDA

View Full Version : Underwater propulsion unit?

disapearing-boy
29-04-08, 14:07
I'm hoping to make an underwater level and i'd really like to be able to use the Underwater Propulsion Unit from TR3's London Level.

Is it usable with the level editor can anyone tell me? i know vehicles tend to explode when they come into contact with water so an underwater vehicle sounds unlikely.

But TRNG has boats so it may be work:o

all feed back welcome!

ReeceMix
29-04-08, 15:53
It will only work when TRNG makes it possible to use , till then it wont work

I hope then It could be used out of the water , like a jetpack or something

Titak
29-04-08, 22:42
It will only work when TRNG makes it possible to use , till then it wont work

I hope then It could be used out of the water , like a jetpack or somethingNow that would truely be a new addition to the LE world. :D

matrix54
29-04-08, 22:49
but what could we do with it?

ReeceMix
29-04-08, 22:55
but what could we do with it?

what would you want to do with a jetpack? use your imagination

ReeceMix
29-04-08, 23:01
If we could add any state_ids(control commands) to new animations, a jetpack wouldnt be difficult to make (as well as a ton of other animation changes) where is ensi!!!! http://www.maj.com/gallery/fuzzball7/emoticons/crying.gif

]{eith
29-04-08, 23:13
A jetpack would be cool though personally I'm not into sci-fi, futuristic things when Tomb Raider is involved. The UPU on the other hand would truly be a fantastic feature for the level editor.

Michiel
30-04-08, 11:14
I hope then It could be used out of the water , like a jetpack or something

The UPU does work above water. It's a well known TR3 bug. With the right moves you can get the thing out of the water and use it to fly around in dry rooms. Since the method of adding new slots is by copying the code from the older engine, when the UPU is copied to TR4, the bug is proberly copied as well.

matrix54
30-04-08, 11:47
wont the upu work similar to the tr5 suit. we could have lara enter the suit(like it was a vehicle) and change the animations and BAM, dive suit in the TRLE without trep!!:D she could walk slow in it and swim fast in it!!

Fluen
30-05-08, 14:59
The UPU does work above water. It's a well known TR3 bug. With the right moves you can get the thing out of the water and use it to fly around in dry rooms.

I'd like to know what moves and where. Please tell or direct me to a cheat page with this trick. :jmp: