PDA

View Full Version : Affected by shadows underwater!!! HELP!

Lara_Fan
02-05-08, 15:46
OK, so some of the members know that I'm working on a custom level called Underneath the Grand Canyon and that I was having troubles with Lara being affected by shadows and other bulb effects underwater.

I couldn't fix this, so I created another structure of underwater rooms, but no effect, Lara is still bright-lighted underwater thoughs it is total darkness arround her (once again I note that I'm talking about underwater). :hea:

OK, so I'm using NGLE, the lighting button is turned on 'on'.
Could it be from the outfit? I'm using Po Yu's, Classic Lara from Tomb Raider Legend.

Please I can't continue my project if this problem continues.If you need anymore info which would help you to help me. Ask away!

Thanks in advance!

stranger1992
02-05-08, 16:40
First of all calm down before you have a brain hemorrhage.

Can you post a screen of this area? What happens in the editor is if you go from shadow bulb to light bulb lara flashes bright. Perhaps you are using too many in short space and this is constantly happening.

Piega
02-05-08, 16:44
You need to lower ambient room color not shadowbulbs. Shadows wont affect Lara underwater so lower the ambient color. Normal lightbulbs work ok on Lara also underwater. The water reflection on the textures will stay nomatter how strong your shadowbulbs are.

You only need shadowbulbs to make corners darker (on dry land) and never go below the value -12. Everything beneath this value is pitch dark and unrealistic.

jeffrey van oort
02-05-08, 17:12
"Other bulb effects" I think you use a fog bulb and this bulb is causing the darkness effect. try to use a different colour in the timer:)

Lara_Fan
02-05-08, 17:33
You need to lower ambient room color not shadowbulbs. Shadows wont affect Lara underwater so lower the ambient color. Normal lightbulbs work ok on Lara also underwater. The water reflection on the textures will stay nomatter how strong your shadowbulbs are.

You only need shadowbulbs to make corners darker (on dry land) and never go below the value -12. Everything beneath this value is pitch dark and unrealistic.

Thanks Piega :) It worked.

@ jeffrey van oort - I'll try that thanks. :)
@ stranger1992 - I was about to post a screenie, but Piega was faster. Thanks anyway :)