PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to extract PRJ files from TR1?

!Lara Croft!
03-05-08, 01:12
Is there a way to extract PRJ files from TR1? Im making a 1.1 remake of TR1, each area is a seperate game though, i need the PRJ files or i am gonna have to do ALOT of guessing work. So, is there a way?

stranger1992
03-05-08, 01:14
1:1 remake...right....okay

Use "tr2prj" foudn on trsearch.org and rip it from the .phd data file on the tr1 disc.

!Lara Croft!
03-05-08, 01:22
Thank you.

Here's a summery.

Its exactly like tr1 with...

1) Updated/more detailed textures.
2) One or two new area's eg. outside the caves.
3) New lara object (New and faster anims)
4) New and more detailed objects.
5) ITS PLAYABLE, no offence to the origional TR1.

In order to make it easy for me, being an ameture builder , each area is a seperate game, Peru, Greese, Egypt, Atlantis (TR1), Atlantis (UB), Egypt (UB), and ofcourse a croft manor in each one.

NOTE: THIS IS A TRIAL SO IT IS NOT A STABLE OPERATION, IT MAY GET CANCELLED.

stranger1992
03-05-08, 01:24
Good Luck

!Lara Croft!
03-05-08, 03:10
Ive decided to create two tr1 remakes, the first is 1.1 but with new textures and updated lara/enimys/objects , the other is based off of the orginal map, but with new puzzles, enimeys, lara, textures and shpes.

Lara_Fan
03-05-08, 10:23
Ive decided to create two tr1 remakes, the first is 1.1 but with new textures and updated lara/enimys/objects , the other is based off of the orginal map, but with new puzzles, enimeys, lara, textures and shpes.

Is this your first TRLE project? :)

- Good luck from me too!

Daoine Sidhe
03-05-08, 11:58
My tr1 remake has me stolen a large amount of time to rip/rebuild all levels from tr1 and make all things workable.
I wish you good luck with this really big project.

Teeth
03-05-08, 19:19
Sorry, mate. It's been done - Daoine Sidhe has already made a 1:1 remake, and I'm currently involved in a project to update the game.

It's a big game, and you shouldn't try to take it all on by yourself, especially if this is your first attempt. Loads and loads of people have tried in the past, and all of them have failed.

Try something small and original for now, like a TR-Gold style game in which you revisit one or two locations. Or try to create something new, use your imagination. Just do one or two levels for now, don't put too much on your plate unless you're absolutely sure you can handle it. ;)

If you really feel you must remake TR1 once again, then just do one level and put in online. Take in the advice people give you in reviews, then maybe work on another if you feel confident.

!Lara Croft!
03-05-08, 23:40
As is said im doing it in parts, i may only be able to do peru. Ive started my Remake of the "CAVES" Level, its looking great, once ive finished it, vilcabamba and started on the lost valley, i will make a thread.

Teeth
04-05-08, 19:04
Very well then. I'll just sit and watch the walls crash down around you. I did warn you!

*eats popcorn*

Zebra
04-05-08, 19:23
Oh c'mon.
Don't tell me that you could handle TRAR well (you will probably complete it but some levels are more a downgrade than an upgrade (Sorry but I'm just being honest)).