PDA

View Full Version : My First Mission Retextured

Wayne_Scales
04-05-08, 21:56
Hi guy's

Here is a few pics of my re-textured first mission.The level is set in Peru,but i am still working on a storyline.Comments appreciated.:)

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/2576/23105438qr8.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4136/11029152hm2.jpg

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5171/11707403wx0.jpg

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7141/40396718bz2.jpg

Still haven't done anything to the outside yet.Ive just finished my title flyby:)

scion05
04-05-08, 21:57
It looks stunning, i cannot wait to play!

stranger1992
04-05-08, 21:59
Looks quite nice. :)

What mission was it orignally?

pTURKEYq
04-05-08, 22:01
I love that atmosphere!

Wayne_Scales
04-05-08, 22:07
Looks quite nice. :)

What mission was it orignally?

Well ,i had no clue on how to use the editor when i first started building this mission.I was using the cleopatra textures.But,as i got more and more into it i started to download new textures and objects.:)

stranger1992
04-05-08, 22:26
ahh so its your own adventure but you retextured it? its looking alright. ;)

Lara_Fan
04-05-08, 22:27
Well ,i had no clue on how to use the editor when i first started building this mission.I was using the cleopatra textures.But,as i got more and more into it i started to download new textures and objects.:)

Heh, I was the same at the begining of my project(Underneath the Grand Canyon) too, but then I got new skills, learned how to use Meta, Strpix, WADMerger, start using NGLE and now UtGC is better - new texts, objects etc.

Yours looks really nice too. I like mystery level (I mean the ambience looks mysterious :D) though I'm not used to dark levels....(just kidding), cause if that were true then I wouldn't be building my project :p

So, yeah...keep it up. Can't wait to play it :)

Wayne_Scales
04-05-08, 22:45
ahh so its your own adventure but you retextured it? its looking alright. ;)

Got it in one.;)

SSJ6Wolf
05-05-08, 00:57
They look nice. :D

Just one thing...the banisters around the structure in the third screenshot look like ones people would use to block off a museum exhibit. Maybe you could consider using a fence that looks more ancient?

Lara Coft Baby
05-05-08, 03:12
Wow it looks pretty awesome, I really like it :jmp:

Hotshot1981
05-05-08, 21:06
A huge improvement than the first idea, to tell you the truth i did'nt really like the original version. The third picture does not look that convincing as i could imagine you could do an awful lot better. I dont think you would meet the standard of my NG level editor crew, but not everyone has the spark for this as i have, sorry mate dont know if you are cut out for the game making life.:hea::hea::hea:

thecentaur
05-05-08, 21:42
^^

please don't judge people like that. we can sympathize your praise for his/her levelset, but don't judge people by how they can level build. it's not like we have seen any of your screens, so why don't you post it so we can take a look? you are somewhat new here, and if you continue with those posts, i'm advising you that your time might be cut short. just either compliment or on the other hand, give constructive criticism.

Hotshot1981
05-05-08, 21:51
Sorry i got a bit carried away.:):):)

Wayne_Scales
06-05-08, 22:08
A huge improvement than the first idea, to tell you the truth i did'nt really like the original version. The third picture does not look that convincing as i could imagine you could do an awful lot better. I dont think you would meet the standard of my NG level editor crew, but not everyone has the spark for this as i have, sorry mate dont know if you are cut out for the game making life.:hea::hea::hea:

Tbh with ya i don't really know what your problem is. You had three posts up when you posted this. Two of which were bashing my mission. For someone who claims to be such an expert its a little pathetic tbh. Definite case of dup account syndrome. I have noticed that certain poeple are always offline when you are around. Needless to say, I'm on to you!!!:tea:

jeffrey van oort
06-05-08, 22:12
I never realised how good textures can add value to a level.
Yours is proof of good textures.

Hotshot1981
06-05-08, 22:25
Tbh with ya i don't really know what your problem is. You had three posts up when you posted this. Two of which were bashing my mission. For someone who claims to be such an expert its a little pathetic tbh. Definite case of dup account syndrome. I have noticed that certain poeple are always offline when you are around. Needless to say, I'm on to you!!!:tea:

what do you mean, i admit a bit harsh but i'm on a fresh start maybe we could become pals

Wayne_Scales
06-05-08, 22:27
Thanks to everyone for their comments btw. I really appreciate all the kind words. As i'm still at school i don't get a lot of time for mission building but i really enjoy doing it whenever i can. My hope is to have something ready for release by early summer. After that, who knows what will happen.

:tmb:

Wayne_Scales
06-05-08, 22:40
what do you mean, i admit a bit harsh but i'm on a fresh start maybe we could become pals

Well your turn around in opinion seems a little strange to me. Anyway no hard feelings.;)

Hotshot1981
06-05-08, 22:44
thanks, maybe we can share ideas together, if you need help just send post to me, love helping people

Not As We
06-05-08, 23:12
They look really good

I like the texturing and your geometry isn't bad either,
just keep everything to this level and you'll have a decent game on your hands

:)

EDIT : are you actually using sunbulbs? or are you just relying on flame emitters to light your level,
as there are flame emitters in every screen and Lara seems to have a red sheen in every screen

Wayne_Scales
06-05-08, 23:33
They look really good

I like the texturing and your geometry isn't bad either,
just keep everything to this level and you'll have a decent game on your hands

:)

EDIT : are you actually using sunbulbs? or are you just relying on flame emitters to light your level,
as there are flame emitters in every screen and Lara seems to have a red sheen in every screen

Yes i am using sunbulbs,the flame emmiters give a nice atmosphere.;)
There is a an outside area aswell with the boat from the venice missions in tr2.:)

Hotshot1981
06-05-08, 23:40
If you have some spare time, why dont you take more screens of your level, and maybe i can help you uplift the quality of your lighting, i am not being bigheaded but i am pretty good when it comes to special lighting effects.

Dr. Michaela
09-05-08, 22:50
looking good little bro!! :):):):):)

Wayne_Scales
22-06-08, 22:24
Hi guy's here is the link to my youtube page and it shows my title flyby and intro cutscene of my first mission.Hope you like it:D
http://www.youtube.com/WayneScales8